Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?

Read 39316 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?
      Reply #299: Sep 10, 2015 04:51:03 am
      Well. When you go 3-0 &2-0 down in two cup finals. I find it hard to give the manager any credit for the way the players got themselves back into those games.
       I don't remember the manager turning the game round with his decisions.
      Hamann was forced on Rafa in Istanbul. He changed the game . But it was not a calculated decision .
      Then what exactly happened in those finals?

Did we lose them?

What a lucky manager whose 'players' turned up after going behind.

:chongin: :chongin:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #300: Sep 10, 2015 05:34:41 am
      i thought Hamann was a calculated decision as our midfield was getting wrecked and we needed a third body in there?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #301: Sep 10, 2015 08:25:40 am
      Its a well known FACT Hamman was a tactical decision, but also that rafa was gonna play 12 at some point. lmao
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #302: Sep 10, 2015 08:33:40 am
      Hamman came on because he bullied Rafa into it. Everybody knows that.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #303: Sep 10, 2015 08:45:57 am
      Hamman came on because he bullied Rafa into it. Everybody knows that.

Everybody knows that, do they. Well it's news to me, I doubt Rafa could be 'bullied' into a decision by anyone!
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #304: Sep 10, 2015 08:48:28 am

Everybody knows that, do they. Well it's news to me, I doubt Rafa could be 'bullied' into a decision by anyone!

:roll:
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #305: Sep 10, 2015 10:28:25 am
      Brenda was recruited as a scapegoat. And sadly, for some, that Fenway tactic is working.

Even Rafa, under Fenway's sell off antics would struggle at Anfield.

Brenda was recruited as a yes man. Yes he is average compared to Rafa. But you simply cannot expect much at all, with the money obsessed investment avoiding antics of the Yanksters.

We've THREE Brenda threads. In reality it should be 3 threads on the Yanksters instead.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #306: Sep 10, 2015 10:57:09 am

Hamann was forced on Rafa in Istanbul. He changed the game . But it was not a calculated decision .

I'm sorry but not only is that rubbish but it's contradictory rubbish

He's the manager, he decided to bring on Didi as a tactical decision as he wanted an extra body in the middle of the park to stop Kaka having a free role and to move Steven higher up the pitch.
      The thought that Didi had Rafa up against the wall to make him bring him on is nonsense

Of course it was a calculated decision, the calculated decision that Kaka had too much freedom and he wanted to deny that freedom

However the fact that the game swung on that 6 minute period right at the beginning of the first half is more force of nature than any great tactical change in the game.. The fact Milan thought they had it won and we just battered everything at them for 5 minutes where everything aligned for us to turn it round

Rafa may admit now that he could have started Didi but I'm affraid that no one will know how the game would have gone in that circumstance makes it a void argument.
      Had it only been 1-0 or 2-0 and and Milan hadn't dropped 2% mentality allowing us the platform to get back in the game then that 6 minutes may well not have happened either.. We'll never know

But to make stuff to fit an adgenda to slag off a man just makes you look a touch bitter mate

Brenda was recruited as a scapegoat. And sadly, for some, that Fenway tactic is working.

Even Rafa, under Fenway's sell off antics would struggle at Anfield.

Brenda was recruited as a yes man. Yes he is average compared to Rafa. But you simply cannot expect much at all, with the money obsessed investment avoiding antics of the Yanksters.

We've THREE Brenda threads. In reality it should be 3 threads on the Yanksters instead.

Once you call the manager deliberately by the wrong name it makes your post lose any sort of credibility

It's how you expect an 8 year old to talk

Talk about the managers errors ( there are numerous) but once you call him Brenda or people mention his teeth or car it just makes the argument daft and makes you think that you can't make a valid argument so to throw a petty name in substansates your point

It doesnt

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #307: Sep 10, 2015 11:24:29 am

Once you call the manager deliberately by the wrong name it makes your post lose any sort of credibility

It's how you expect an 8 year old to talk

Talk about the managers errors ( there are numerous) but once you call him Brenda or people mention his teeth or car it just makes the argument daft and makes you think that you can't make a valid argument so to throw a petty name in substansates your point

It doesnt

Does it really deserve a drama?
      Its called having a laugh. Try it once in a while. I never knew the letter N meant so much to you...  :lmao:

He's not "one of us". He's "one of them".

I don't even particularly want him sacked. Because that would lead to false hope and  lot of "its Rodgers fault" smokescreen stuff in the media spin.

If the guy showed he was "one of us", he'd get a lot more respect from the fan base.
      As it stands, he's a self serving little pillock, who thinks all his Xmases have come at once being promoted way over his level to a club(well formerly, atleast!) way above his stature. The yes man of all yes men.

Team wise we're being shat on more even than under the G&H era (no administration threat, but all the stars have been sold, replaced by bargain basement stuff). We pay his wages, he gives us very little back. I think there are infinitely more important things to deal with than an N in Rodgers's name.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #308: Sep 10, 2015 11:25:39 am
      Brenda was recruited as a scapegoat.

Brenda.

Twatway.

What age are you?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #309: Sep 10, 2015 11:27:50 am
      Brenda.

Twatway.

What age are you?

Old enough to remember when we were a football club. And a great one at that.
      How old are you? Born the same year as the Premier League? Or the G&H takeover?

PS are you saying you DON'T think Fenway are tw*ts?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #310: Sep 10, 2015 11:29:18 am
      Old enough to remember when we were a football club.

Then act like it.

For the record I've been supporting the club for the best part of 30 years. 87/88 was the first side I have proper memory of.

PS are you saying you DON'T think Fenway are tw*ts?

I'm not overly enamoured with FSG but I'm not going to call them Twatway like some childish arsehole.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #311: Sep 10, 2015 11:37:37 am
      Well. When you go 3-0 &2-0 down in two cup finals. I find it hard to give the manager any credit for the way the players got themselves back into those games.

3-0 down to                                    Dida
                                               Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini
                                                             Pirlo
                                                    Seedorf     Gattuso
                                                               kaka
                                                       Crespo   Shevchenko     

Have a look at that team 'big head'!!!! How was it only 3 should be the question.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #312: Sep 10, 2015 11:46:37 am
      3-0 down to                                    Dida
                                               Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini
                                                             Pirlo
                                                    Seedorf     Gattuso
                                                               kaka
                                                       Crespo   Shevchenko     

Have a look at that team 'big head'!!!! How was it only 3 should be the question.

Was decent that Milan team. And the daft thing is, in 07, we should have won, and we lost in the final.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #313: Sep 10, 2015 12:45:29 pm

And we actually had to GET to the finals in the first place playing the likes of Traore.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #314: Sep 10, 2015 12:47:01 pm
      Then act like it.

For the record I've been supporting the club for the best part of 30 years. 87/88 was the first side I have proper memory of.

I'm not overly enamoured with FSG but I'm not going to call them Twatway like some childish arsehole.

The only "childish arsehole" as you so (cough) eloquently put it seems to be yourself.
      Stop being such a stuffed shirt and clouding the key issues.

Rodgers isn't some footballing deity, neither are the hedge funders he works for.

My enemy's ally isn't MY  ally.
      Thats all that needs to be said.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #315: Sep 10, 2015 12:47:53 pm
      How did we manage to get onto Rafa's sub's in the European Cup Final in the Brendan Rodgers No excuses thread?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #316: Sep 10, 2015 12:48:52 pm
      Was decent that Milan team. And the daft thing is, in 07, we should have won, and we lost in the final.

Yup we were the better team in that final. Milans first goal was a poxy shoulder deflection and their second a poor lapse in defence by us.

Funny how so few talk about that final it's one we really left behind us.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #317: Sep 10, 2015 12:49:17 pm
      The only "childish arsehole" as you so (cough) eloquently put it seems to be yourself.

Rodgers isn't some footballing deity, neither are the hedge funders he works for.

Not quite.

The fact that you're a boring broken record who doesn't understand a thing about the sport ytou spend so much time writing about also needs to be added.  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

EDIT: Let me guess - I'm back on ignore / need to go off and play rounders / need to get back to Boston? There you go - saved you the effort; that's all you bring to the forum.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #318: Sep 10, 2015 12:49:48 pm

You might want to debate like a 6 year old in the playground mate but while you do don't expect me to take much of what you say seriously.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #319: Sep 10, 2015 12:50:50 pm
      How did we manage to get onto Rafa's sub's in the European Cup Final in the Brendan Rodgers No excuses thread?

No idea mate maybe to make the thread interesting.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #320: Sep 10, 2015 12:53:09 pm
      Yup we were the better team in that final. Milans first goal was a poxy shoulder deflection and their second a poor lapse in defence by us.

Funny how so few talk about that final it's one we really left behind us.
      That was when Rafa first questioned H&G even though they'd only been there 3 months. We got Torres though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #321: Sep 10, 2015 12:53:35 pm

can I join in the same group because its the first I have heard. Rafa was stubbourn to a fault nooway on Gods earth would he let a player change his mind . I think we need another thread for "the voices in my head told me Rafa was hired to win the league" etc.

Quick Reply