Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Feb @ 2:05 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

The BBC

Read 4818 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,428 posts | 3124 
      Re: The BBC
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2016 09:35:25 pm
      Putting Evans and Jordan on the same show was a masterpiece of casting. The most annoying cu*ts on TV their for an hour every sunday.
      It is a poor copy of the original show and I cant wait for the GT.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,634 posts | 2138 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2016 10:21:25 pm
      Chris Evans must have something on higher ups at the BBC. How such a universally hated man gets so many good deals is beyond me. 1.7 million viewers lost in 1 week says it all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,345 posts | 4736 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Jun 08, 2016 10:45:20 pm
      Chris Evans must have something on higher ups at the BBC. How such a universally hated man gets so many good deals is beyond me. 1.7 million viewers lost in 1 week says it all.

It's ridiculous to lose that amount of viewers. To put it in context, even when Top Gear was being shown at the same time when millions and millions of viewers were watching the climax of the epic 2008 Wimbledon final, it still pulled in more viewers than the most recent episode! Watched the second episode myself but decided I wouldn't be going on beyond ep 3. It's not as atrocious as people are making out but it's predictable and boring and the presenters have no chemistry. Looks like a show that was reassembled too quickly and in a panic after the abrupt end of the previous series. I said the format under Clarkson, Hammond and May did turn predictable in it's last few years but was still perfectly watchable, funny and at times brilliant. It's peak was probably about a decade ago in the couple of years before and after that massive crash that nearly killed Richard Hammond where there was much more variety and a good balance between serious and silly. In hindsight it probably ended at the right time and hopefully the move to Amazon for that three and a slight change in format will refresh it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,345 posts | 4736 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jul 04, 2016 04:29:54 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,634 posts | 2138 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: Jul 04, 2016 05:46:00 pm
      Should have never been hired in the first place.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #35: Jul 04, 2016 05:54:39 pm
      I haven't watched a second of this series, for me top gear was done two series ago. It was just repetitive, three men race one way or another and the result is a close one. The only thing keeping that format going was the three presenters so when they got taken out it was just a tired format.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,345 posts | 4736 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Jul 04, 2016 06:10:21 pm
      He can no doubt go back to being a One Show luvvie alongside Matt Baker and Alex Jones and be like them again - setting out to get offended and apologising for the slightest utterance that comes out of the guests' mouths.

Or clearing his name in that police investigation...

Quick Reply