Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adelaide United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah

Read 20289 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Adelaide United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Hurrah
      Reply #92: Jul 21, 2015 01:05:11 am
      What concerns me is we seem to play the ball out from the back the same way as we did last season.

I see it happens mostly when we don't have Lucas there.

Was thinking to myself the whole game we need someone more creative and assertive than Allen at the base of midfield to allow the other two midfielders to push on

If we play a diamond with the #10 at the tip, I think Lucas will be good enough. But no #10 is where I believe a DLPM should come into play, simply because our box-box players(Allen, Hendo, Milner & Can) are not creative enough.

WE should have Lucas anchoring midfield without any question. He is the only one in this team who even looks tactically sound and he can launch attacks.
      The pace argument just doesn't wash for me. REading the game gives a good player a yard every time anyway.

Absolutely.. and still very criminally underrated, but the question is, how many games can he play this season? :(
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #93: Jul 21, 2015 05:44:06 am
      Didn't catch this but what was the formation being played today?

Formation hasn't changed from 4-3-3 so far in the first 3 games, just rotated the players

If I didn't have a baby on the way I'd be following the team over east but watching the games at a decent time is a good novelty for me at the moment haha
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #94: Jul 21, 2015 06:28:47 am
      Frizz, mate, gutted i didnt see this earlier. Only saw your post while at the match. Would have loved to meet you.

As for the match, it was dull and dead until Ings came on. Not saying he changed the side or anything but it was around then we livened up.

Origi was crap and missed a couple sitters. Ibe was great again and Milner was industrious, whilst Danny was busy when he came on.

Hi Crouchie it was a shame yes. when do you go back, we're at the ground now!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #95: Jul 21, 2015 06:44:00 am
      Absolutely.. and still very criminally underrated, but the question is, how many games can he play this season?

Hopefully a lot. I still don't understand why we haven't bought in another option at DM, all good possession based teams have one which is what we aspire to be. Allen cannot do it, I think Can is in the make things happen mould, not keep things on track. Milner and Henderson.. no.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Jul 21, 2015 07:02:14 am
      Hi Crouchie it was a shame yes. when do you go back, we're at the ground now!

Mate I was in Adelaide from kick off and left on the first plane out back to Sydney.

Bloody classes start this week so had to be back home :(

Hope you had a blast. How much longer you in Aus?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #97: Jul 21, 2015 07:48:16 am
      Gets around that Frizzby one.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #98: Jul 21, 2015 11:13:34 am
      Mate I was in Adelaide from kick off and left on the first plane out back to Sydney.

Bloody classes start this week so had to be back home :(

Hope you had a blast. How much longer you in Aus?
      'Till Aug 4th mate ,Melbourne on Saturday until Tuesday to catch up with Aussiered!

Need to WAHS, nobody wants me!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #99: Jul 22, 2015 07:46:20 am
      'Till Aug 4th mate ,Melbourne on Saturday until Tuesday to catch up with Aussiered!

Ah unlucky mate.

:f_tongueincheek:

Enjoy, bud! :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #100: Jul 22, 2015 08:43:51 am

Love it!

Looking forward to a new season. There was far too much gloom at the end of last season and it's good to see some new additions in these pre-season friendly games. Getting into the winning habit which is very important. Need to step up a few gears soon though.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #101: Jul 22, 2015 08:58:17 am
      Love it!

Looking forward to a new season. There was far too much gloom at the end of last season and it's good to see some new additions in these pre-season friendly games. Getting into the winning habit which is very important. Need to step up a few gears soon though.

You alright Kenny lar, where the hell have you been hiding bud?  Another one that's been sorely missed on these boards recently  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #102: Jul 22, 2015 09:51:36 am
      Love it!

and rightly so IMO... we lost 6-1 to Stoke...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #103: Jul 22, 2015 05:54:04 pm
      You alright Kenny lar, where the hell have you been hiding bud?  Another one that's been sorely missed on these boards recently  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Cheers Deb! I've been finding it difficult to sit down and spend some decent time online for a while now. Kids eh!! Hope you're well mate.

Spot on JustMingle.  Grim as F**k that was. Starting off this season on winning ways is a must!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #104: Jul 22, 2015 09:19:31 pm
      Cheers Deb! I've been finding it difficult to sit down and spend some decent time online for a while now. Kids eh!! Hope you're well mate.

Spot on JustMingle.  Grim as f**k that was. Starting off this season on winning ways is a must!

Good to see redkenny  posting again, well done Kenny the most trusted poster on LFCREDS.cheers
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #105: Jul 24, 2015 11:43:51 am
      sh*t atmosphere, better in Brisbane, marginally . Went with 9 fellas who all fu**ed off at HT when I went out for a smoke. They went inside the bar and were drinking in the warmth but I said F**k it, I'm going out there and braving the cold as I wanna see us score and score we did, twice whilst I was sitting there, down our end so was made up.

Got to seee Crouchie at HT but sorry about missing ya Frizz. I was well and truly off my rocker and my Internet was fu**ed, all trip, so never even bothered logging on here and didn't get your PM till I got back. So sorry mate, was scatterbrained for the whole 5 days trip.

Quick Reply