Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alberto Moreno (Roma)

Read 15962 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Alberto Moreno (Roma)
      Reply #69: Jul 24, 2015 11:46:02 am
      It'd be silly to sell him, we can't buy a whole new team. The nerves were on edge with most of our team last season so to single out this one player without knowing what he'd be like after his first season doesn't add nothing, it only takes away the opportunity to have extra options.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #70: Jul 24, 2015 12:13:20 pm
      It'd be silly to sell him, we can't buy a whole new team.

That's my main concern and why I always thought the defense should be left alone this summer. No problem with Gomez coming I'm buy to sell our starting LB and fit another new player in could be one move too many.

It would all depend on how well any replacement settled as well though as some players just come in a slot in straight away.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #71: Jul 24, 2015 12:54:24 pm
      If you're a good player you don't need time to settle at a team, even if you come from a different country, there are plenty examples of players who made great first-seasons at their clubs. That's just an excuse.

Explain Peter Beardsley's first few months at the club.

Some players do take a while to settle!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #72: Jul 24, 2015 07:39:48 pm
      Explain Peter Beardsley's first few months at the club.

Some players do take a while to settle!!
      You may as well be talking to the wall , some fellas think it's just come in to a new club and start as you mean to go on . There's a lot more to it than that . Last season Rodgers had the whole team  up in a heap , fellas played out of position , a F***ing joke it was and now they're calling for Moreno to be moved on . I can think of a few more to be moved on before that lad .

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #73: Jul 24, 2015 08:17:58 pm
      If you're a good player you don't need time to settle at a team, even if you come from a different country, there are plenty examples of players who made great first-seasons at their clubs. That's just an excuse.

Plenty of players hit the ground running, plenty are shi...te and stay shi...te and plenty take a season to show their best form. You only have to look at the improvement Sakho made from season 1 to season 2 as a good example of one of our own players getting their act together. First season he went to ground WAY too often and way to early, often selling his position or giving away FKs and bad areas, his heading was also poor. Fast forward to last season, huge improvements in both areas and I'm expecting to see him lift his game another 10% this season providing he stays fit.

In terms of Moreno I have no doubt he has the capability to improve, my worry is that he is quite probably not in the best environment to do so. He plays in a system that asks him to get forward at every opportunity, is often without protection in front of him and he wont get drilled from a defensive perspective in the way he might if he played for a team like Chelsea. Positioning and defensive awareness can be improved in any player but it takes good coaching, analysis and repetition.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #74: Jul 24, 2015 08:39:13 pm

Mate, that is nonsense. The list of brilliant players who took a season to settle is endless. Some players are very talented but less adaptable. Doesn't make them bad players.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #75: Jul 29, 2015 12:46:46 pm
      he's had his "settling in" period now last season so this season we need to see him push on iron out them daft moments where he stands still and switches off letting players run past him and get to the level of Clyne. if he can do that then we have two of the most exciting full backs in the league and i honestly think he has it in him just needs that arm around the shoulder to coach him through the odd game to build him up. Gary mac will help with that and Linders(cant spell his name) will improve his technically ability.

Quick Reply