Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

2015-2016 Formation

Read 37118 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: 2015-2016 Formation
      Reply #23: Jul 19, 2015 03:14:12 pm
      It's hard to make a formation to fit all the players because of our strange transfers. Where will Lallana, Markovic or Ibe will fit in if we play without wings ? Henderson can't play as a DM, it will spell disaster.

I've been thinking, Lallana is best playing off a target man, so perhaps a #10? With Benteke up front, he would be more suited than Coutinho.

As for Hendo, I agree, he can't really tackle, can he? Doesn't have the experience or positional sense too, and his short passing is not good enough. Simply, he is best deployed as a box-box midfielder.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #24: Jul 19, 2015 03:20:45 pm
      Dismissing Sturridge for now, as will take time to get fit and can't see him lasting 90 mins until Dec.

For me, this is our strongest team;

I think we're more than likely see this due to Brendan's reluctance to use a DM, with Ibe/Markovic/Origi/Ings providing cover for one of the front 3 roles.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Jul 19, 2015 03:21:09 pm
      It's hard to make a formation to fit all the players because of our strange transfers. Where will Lallana, Markovic or Ibe will fit in if we play without wings ? Henderson can't play as a DM, it will spell disaster.

It wouldn't be that difficult to change from a 4-3-2-1 to a 4-3-3. The players behind Benteke could just operate in wider positions which is where Markovic and Ibe would fit in.

You use formations to accommodate your best available players and in the attacking positions we have Firmino and Coutinho who are better suited to central positions. Markovic and Ibe will be quite comfortable operating behind the striker too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #26: Jul 19, 2015 03:27:39 pm
      I think we're more than likely see this due to Brendan's reluctance to use a DM,

I'm still not sure about this. Our good run last season consisted of a DM, even last 2 games we played with a DM. It does suggest that perhaps we'll be going into the season with a DM in Allen or Lucas.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #27: Jul 19, 2015 05:30:06 pm
      No one bothered about width then? The club is just about to spunk 32 million on a player who thrives on good delivery from wide areas yanno. I think virtually every post in this thread has us playing narrow. It's all very well asking the full backs to provide it but asking a right footed Joe Gomez to do that job in the left is probably not the best move.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2015 05:40:41 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Jul 19, 2015 05:56:01 pm
      No one bothered about width then? The club is just about to spunk 32 million on a player who thrives on good delivery from wide areas yanno. I think virtually every post in this thread has us playing narrow. It's all very well asking the full backs to provide it but asking a right footed Joe Gomez to do that job in the left is probably not the best move.

We also have 2 better players in Coutinho and Firmino who are primarily central players. Coutinho isn't that good out wide so would be silly to waste his talent putting him there. If we're spending 32m on a striker then he best be able to play without relying on crosses all the time or else what is the point in him?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #30: Jul 19, 2015 06:26:01 pm

Mate I think Benteke will be a very different monster with us then he was at Villa. He has much more to his game than some lumbering target man.

Benteke will adapt to a more fluid attack style he won't need to rely on high balls near as much as he used to. He can score all kinds of goals from different areas of attack.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #31: Jul 19, 2015 06:50:54 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #32: Jul 19, 2015 06:56:57 pm
                                Mignolet

Clyne           Skrtel       Sakho       Moreno

Henderson
                 Milner                          Coutinho
                                Firminho

Benteke   Sturridge

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Jul 19, 2015 07:02:56 pm
      Firmino  can play all along the front line without issues....Coutinho plays his best in the middle feeding everyone.

Baffled as to why so many line-ups are forcing Couts to the outside while attempting to stick Firmino down the middle.

Until proven otherwise Coutinho is one of our best if not our best player..we should be building around his strengths not taking them away.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #34: Jul 19, 2015 07:04:38 pm
      Firmino  can play all along the front line without issues....Coutinho plays his best in the middle feeding everyone.

Baffled as to why so many line-ups are forcing Couts to the outside while attempting to stick Firmino down the middle.

Until proven otherwise Coutinho is one of our best if not our best player..we should be building around his strengths not trying to plug him into the line-up anywhere.

Not seen Firminho play, thought I read he could play the 10 role or as a striker. Not out on the sides.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35: Jul 19, 2015 07:12:20 pm
      Not seen Firminho play, thought I read he could play the 10 role or as a striker. Not out on the sides.

We know Coutinho has not fared very well when Brendan attempted to put him on the outside...he excels being at the tip of the midfield diamond.

Just think that Coutinho is our best player...and should be the one accommodated to at least for now.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #36: Jul 19, 2015 07:16:15 pm
      Crosses don't just have to come from the byline. I'm pretty sure Benteke will thrive on Milner and Hendersons deliveries from the "quarterback role" on either side.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #37: Jul 19, 2015 07:53:20 pm
      We know Coutinho has not fared very well when Brendan attempted to put him on the outside...he excels being at the tip of the midfield diamond.

Just think that Coutinho is our best player...and should be the one accommodated to at least for now.

I do agree with you and maybe you're right but I'd think we would play our new signing in his more familiar role to start with.

I'd hope the 2 could interchange.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #38: Jul 19, 2015 08:43:11 pm
      We also have 2 better players in Coutinho and Firmino who are primarily central players. Coutinho isn't that good out wide so would be silly to waste his talent putting him there. If we're spending 32m on a striker then he best be able to play without relying on crosses all the time or else what is the point in him?

It doesn't matter who you have got playing up front though mate, width is always important in any game so we will be needing some of that I'm sure. I personally suspect that by mid-season young Jordan Ibe will be too important to leave out. I imagine Coutinho will continue to play through the middle mostly and it would not surprise me if Firmino does a job off of the left hand side should we play 4-3-3
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #39: Jul 19, 2015 08:51:31 pm
      It's a good job this thread exists, BR might need to take a look, he didn't seem to have a clue last season.

Firmino right back, clyne defensive midfielder, benteke centre half.  ..?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40: Jul 19, 2015 08:54:14 pm
      Crosses don't just have to come from the byline. I'm pretty sure Benteke will thrive on Milner and Hendersons deliveries from the "quarterback role" on either side.

I know mate but if we're gonna bring Benteke in then it's imperative that our game is adapted to service his biggest strengths. There will need to be some compromise, the quick slick possession game we play will blunt him and vice versa.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #41: Jul 19, 2015 08:59:47 pm
      I know mate but if we're gonna bring Benteke in then it's imperative that our game is adapted to service his biggest strengths. There will need to be some compromise, the quick slick possession game we play will blunt him and vice versa.

His biggest strengths are his feet though mate, only a third of his goals are headers mostly from free kicks and corners.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #42: Jul 19, 2015 09:04:13 pm
      His biggest strengths are his feet though mate, only a third of his goals are headers mostly from free kicks and corners.

I don't just mean crosses Debs, I mean finding his feet early, popping a few floated diags towards him when he drops onto the right back (like the mancs did with Fellaini last season) and taking advantage of his strength and ability to outmuscle defenders. What worries me is hearing Brendan say it's business as usual, this is how we play and Benteke will simply slot into that. He won't.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Jul 19, 2015 09:10:31 pm
      I don't just mean crosses Debs, I mean finding his feet early, popping a few floated diags towards him when he drops onto the right back (like the mancs did with Fellaini last season) and taking advantage of his strength and ability to outmuscle defenders. What worries me is hearing Brendan say it's business as usual, this is how we play and Benteke will simply slot into that. He won't.

So he doesn't like the ball to feet or we don't play ball to feet?  I'm confused.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #44: Jul 19, 2015 09:56:34 pm
      I really believe Coutinho might do a good job as a LW, cutting inside like Hazard, i see him capable of amassing a big number of assists from that position.

I don't think we should rely on Sturridge so much though ... he needs to play with his teammates more, because his selfish play frustrates alot of fans, even though so far he made up for this by being clinical. Maybe a rotation role will do him alot of good after a season full of injuries.

Against weaker sides though, we should always start with both Benteke and Sturridge upfront.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45: Jul 19, 2015 10:00:17 pm
      Mate I think Benteke will be a very different monster with us then he was at Villa. He has much more to his game than some lumbering target man.

Benteke will adapt to a more fluid attack style he won't need to rely on high balls near as much as he used to. He can score all kinds of goals from different areas of attack.

This ^^^^^^^

Ppl are assuming we will use Benteke like Villa has,  Ffs come on ppl he's much better than that, 
      In my mind Brendan has recognised we need different options attacking wise, we were more or less one dimensional last season so having
      Options to choose from can only benefit our progress going forward,

I agree with having Coutinho at the point if we're playing that formation but he can adapt to any formation dependant on the oppo and who is fit and available

I like what's happening in this window,I believe we will see a more confident squad /group this campaign

A fresh and vibrant approach and dare I say an attack on the title, I can hear all you neg heads laughing,  laugh all you f***in want fuckos, I have great faith in my team,

I think we'll do well, we're already tagged as a 5th place if we're lucky kind of side competing with the likes of f***in spuds,

Well that's fine they can think what the F**k they like,  I've just got a good feeling that we're going to surprise a few and be the dark horses this season,  of course only time will tell,

Bring it f***in on

YNWA

Quick Reply