Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

2015-2016 Formation

Read 37119 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: 2015-2016 Formation
      Reply #276: Aug 10, 2015 09:51:32 am
      This is nailed on for stoke folks.

------------- Mings ----------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Gomez -
      -------- Milner - Hendo ------------
      -- Lallana -- coutinho ----- Ibe ----
      ------------ Benteke ---------------

Subs: bogdan, Sahko, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Fermino, Ings

Correct I was, except had Ibe down the wrong side.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #277: Aug 10, 2015 12:46:45 pm
      Correct I was, except had Ibe down the wrong side.

You were spot on mate but the game made it even clearer what our best team is right now...

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel Sakho Gomez

Can

Henderson Milner

Firmino Coutinho

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Ibe, Ings

However, if Lovren continues to play like he did yesterday he should start ahead of Skrtel.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #278: Aug 10, 2015 05:46:07 pm
      You were spot on mate but the game made it even clearer what our best team is right now...

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel Sakho Gomez

Can

Henderson Milner

Firmino Coutinho

Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana, Ibe, Ings

However, if Lovren continues to play like he did yesterday he should start ahead of Skrtel.

Agreed mate, when all 100% match fit that's best team. Apart from when studger get fit in say October. ;D
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #279: Aug 11, 2015 10:02:15 am
      Sorry Mingle, but i just don't see it. He is average at best and is in no way LFC captain material. But i suppose this is just another symptom of how far we are falling.
      all entitled to our own opinion... I think you're wrong but there you go!!  ;)

Judge the captian after this season... then we'll all see the level he can get to!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #280: Aug 11, 2015 10:34:13 am
      Judge the captian after this season... then we'll all see the level he can get to!!
      We can do better than that, we can judge him based on his last 4 seasons. To that end, my current opinion is that he shouldn't even be starting regularly for us, let alone be our captain. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but after 4 seasons I'm not holding my breath. Wasn't that long ago we almost sold him Fulham. Folk say he's turned it around, but I don't see it.

He's too slow in the counter attack mainly due to his decision making, he goes missing for large parts of the game almost every game, and his passing is nothing to shout about. I also think he lacks creativity as well. Sure he can run, close down, harass other players, and scored the odd goal - but you can say that about most other footballers. I'm not saying he's a bad player, it's just that I've thought almost since day one that we can do better.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #281: Aug 11, 2015 11:44:38 am
      We can do better than that, we can judge him based on his last 4 seasons. To that end, my current opinion is that he shouldn't even be starting regularly for us, let alone be our captain. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but after 4 seasons I'm not holding my breath. Wasn't that long ago we almost sold him Fulham. Folk say he's turned it around, but I don't see it.

He's too slow in the counter attack mainly due to his decision making, he goes missing for large parts of the game almost every game, and his passing is nothing to shout about. I also think he lacks creativity as well. Sure he can run, close down, harass other players, and scored the odd goal - but you can say that about most other footballers. I'm not saying he's a bad player, it's just that I've thought almost since day one that we can do better.

Without meaning to, I think Gerrard held him back... that’s my point

It’s difficult to go play your own game when you have a club legend looming over you. When he played without Stevie in the team he was the better for it, now SG has gone from the dressing room too, I believe he'll raise his game and move to the next level...

As per my original post - give him the season... we'll see the level he can play at.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #282: Aug 31, 2015 04:54:52 pm
      So apparently 4-3-3 isn't the formation for us either

What's wrong with good old 4-4-2?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #283: Aug 31, 2015 06:06:57 pm
      What's wrong with good old 4-4-2?

Leaves you short in the middle and I'm not sure we have the players to play on the wide positions on a traditional 4 4 2.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #284: Aug 31, 2015 06:14:16 pm
      3-5-2 or burst ;D
      raymondo92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #285: Aug 31, 2015 06:16:15 pm
      With a full fit squad:
      -------Mignolet
      -----Skrtel--Sakho
      Clyne---------Moreno
      --------Milner
      ---Hendo--Coutinho
      Sturridge------Firmino
      --------Benteke

This would be the team for majority of games.

Coutinho to be given more license to roam, Milner and Henderson more disciplined.

Sturridge and Firmino to get up to support Benteke as much as possible.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #286: Aug 31, 2015 07:05:38 pm
      Leaves you short in the middle and I'm not sure we have the players to play on the wide positions on a traditional 4 4 2.

So I assume a diamond is a 4-4-2 but with the wider men pushed inside more centrally and with the central two (of a 4-4-2), one would drop back as more defensive and the other push forward as more attacking.

If you know what I mean.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #287: Sep 01, 2015 04:10:16 pm
      4 - 4 - 2 with

Migs

Clyne Gomez Sakho Moreno

Milner

Henderson            Can

Coutiniho

Benteke        Sturridge/origi/ings

its really the only time we've looked decent to watch and played some great football so why we've scrapped it after playing sh*te for so long is beyond me. we've got four decent striekrs capable of getting into most if not all Prem sides its madness to waste them by only playing one forward. BR needs to be brave as he's on borrowed time so far unless he can win something or get us CL footie
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #288: Sep 02, 2015 08:50:03 pm
      I think a good measure of our squad is how many top teams in Europe would want our players if they all became available.
       In my honest opinion, I think Coutinho would be snapped up, and possibly Klyne, Maybe Gomez, Firminho and Origi to develop for the future, and possibly Sturridge if he could shake off the sick notes.
      Other than that, I don't think the remainder would raise a lot of interest.
      Bit different than City or Chav squads, wouldn't be many left at home from theirs.
      That, I'm afraid is what we are up against, and we won't get any better with the standard of players Rogers generally recruits.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #289: Sep 02, 2015 08:57:56 pm
      I think we should go with this formation, with who ever fits the plan......

Keeper.
                                            Right back                                        Left back

Right half                             Centre half                     Left half

Right wing                             Inside right     Centre forward    Inside left               Left wing

And if your under 45 you probably won't have a F***ing clue what i'm on about....

But wouldn't it be a laugh     :f_tongueincheek:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #290: Sep 03, 2015 09:03:36 am
      I think we should go with this formation, with who ever fits the plan......

Keeper.
                                            Right back                                        Left back

Right half                             Centre half                     Left half

Right wing                             Inside right     Centre forward    Inside left               Left wing

And if your under 45 you probably won't have a F***ing clue what i'm on about....

But wouldn't it be a laugh     :f_tongueincheek:

More a fan of the WM myself, and I'm not 45 yet.

Quick Reply