Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Worth Fighting For

Read 7571 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Worth Fighting For
      Jul 21, 2015 06:30:24 pm
      There's been a few of us (RedlfcBlood, Reddebs, and others) reminiscing about how enjoyable the forum used to be, and complaining about how negative it's become over the years.

Whilst true, that will not change if we don't each make the effort to make it a better place.

I'm encouraging the Staff and members of the forum to participate more in The Arkles, to chat and have a laugh in the off-topic boards, it's what they're here for, though we seem to have forgotten!

For me, this is the only forum I participate in, and feel it's worth fighting for, to make it what we want it to be. Regardless of how things are going on the pitch, we're all Reds fans and shouldn't forget we have that in common, despite our disagreements.

I also feel that if people knew each other better, things wouldn't deteriorate as quickly, and more respect would be shown.

Here's to us!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

MsGerrard
      Re: Worth Fighting For
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2015 06:45:19 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2: Jul 21, 2015 06:46:03 pm
      There's been a few of us (RedlfcBlood, Reddebs, and others) reminiscing about how enjoyable the forum used to be, and complaining about how negative it's become over the years.

Whilst true, that will not change if we don't each make the effort to make it a better place.

I'm encouraging the Staff and members of the forum to participate more in The Arkles, to chat and have a laugh in the off-topic boards, it's what they're here for, though we seem to have forgotten!

For me, this is the only forum I participate in, and feel it's worth fighting for, to make it what we want it to be. Regardless of how things are going on the pitch, we're all Reds fans and shouldn't forget we have that in common, despite our disagreements.

I also feel that if people knew each other better, things wouldn't deteriorate as quickly, and more respect would be shown.

Here's to us!

Fully agree Ayrton.

I was one reminiscing and I called the Arkles a 'virtual pub' as there were many a weekend night a lot of us posted there until the small hours and most having a drink or two.

Some great chat on there and I particular miss the music and entertainment one's along with those discussion that were just nonsense and piss taking.

It felt like a group of pals and as you know many of us/them have met up at various points over the years at the game.

Wish it was back and I do try and post in the Arkles as much as possible but it's just not been the same.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015 07:04:16 pm by srslfc »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2015 06:48:56 pm
      Fully agree Ayrton.

I was one reminiscing and I called the Arkles a 'virtual pub' as there were many a weekend night a lot of us posted there until the small hours and most having a drink or two.

Some great chat on there and I particular miss the music and entertainment one's along with those discussion that were just nonsense and piss taking.

It felt like a group of pals and as you kniw any of us/them have met up at various points over the years at the game.

Wish is was back and I do try an post in the Arkles as much as possible but it's just not been the same.

Agree entirely, and whilst it's probably too idealistic, I do feel that every individual can make a difference.

If just a few of us post a bit more, who knows, maybe a snowball effect could happen?

At the worst, I'll be sure to try and put in a couple of posts in the Drunk topic when I get a chance! ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2015 07:06:48 pm

;D

It might sound sad to some of the new forum members reading this but I had some great wee nights logged into the Arkles and just having a chat about this and that Cas.

Reprobate and Brooklyn Red were another couple who are sorely missed on here.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2015 07:09:57 pm
      ;D

It might sound sad to some of the new forum members reading this but I had some great wee nights logged into the Arkles and just having a chat about this and that Cas.

Reprobate and Brooklyn Red were another couple who are sorely missed on here.

Too true Si.....I had a nice chat with Brooklyn Red the other day on FB but I've not heard or seen anything from Rep for ages.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2015 07:35:46 pm

Here's to us!

Yep it is worth fighting for mate, we've become so entrenched with internal politics over the last few years we've forgotten about just getting on and having a laugh.

As Si says, it was great having crazy, pissed up ramblings into the small hours on a weekend so yes it would be fantastic to get that going again.

There are a few of the old ones missing and it would be great if they had somewhere to "chat" if they do venture on ocasionally without wading through some of the sh*te posted in the Kop.  That doesn't mean others won't be made welcome though, the more the merrier for me so long as they don't expect to be taken seriously and don't mind having the piss ripped out of them  ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2015 07:52:56 pm
      Used to be a cracking place for shits and giggles, one liners and sexual innuendo :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2015 07:54:35 pm
      We have one big thing in common, the love for a fantastic club and even as an oot a fantastic city as well. As someone relatively new who posts more often now it's a great idea that we have the opportunity to chew the fat and talk sh*t like normal people.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2015 08:07:16 pm
      We have one big thing in common, the love for a fantastic club and even as an oot a fantastic city as well. As someone relatively new who posts more often now it's a great idea that we have the opportunity to chew the fat and talk sh*t like normal people.

Agreed mate, like Si says it was like a virtual Pub and all were welcome.  We even had a real life manc who joined in the fun but then we fu**ed him off when he started showing his dark side  >:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2015 08:08:11 pm
      Used to be a cracking place for shits and giggles, one liners and sexual innuendo :D

That's how you, Racer and Stuey racked up so many posts so quickly  :f_tongueincheek:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2015 08:18:27 pm
      Good OP Ayrts.

I must admit I only get time to dip in and out nowadays so I mostly frequent the main boards for club news/rumours and they seem mostly inhabited by under-bridge dwellers or the more argumentative type.

I should probably frequent the cellars and dingier clubs of the forum again so as to reignite my love for shits, giggles, one liners and filthy innuendo.

YNWA real Red Folk.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :hug: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2015 08:21:27 pm
      As an example, this is the kind of thread that used to get a good few posts of nonsense:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47948.0.html

Unfortunately everyone seems to be a bit too serious these days to get involved in such flippant and childish behaviour. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2015 08:27:00 pm
      As an example, this is the kind of thread that used to get a good few posts of nonsense:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47948.0.html

Unfortunately everyone seems to be a bit too serious these days to get involved in such flippant and childish behaviour. ;D

You trying to say we've got old Ian  ;D

I've always been old so don't know how to post the pretty pics, gifs etc, in fact I'm so old I wouldn't know where to find them or I should say, what to put in a google search to find them  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2015 08:44:42 pm
      You trying to say we've got old Ian  ;D

I've always been old so don't know how to post the pretty pics, gifs etc, in fact I'm so old I wouldn't know where to find them or I should say, what to put in a google search to find them  ;)

Age, just a number.

Just don't start counting and you'll be fine. ;)

As for googling, best not to, I googled ugly pussy as a retort to somebody elses post of an ugly cat on here and I still hold the mental scars so best not to start down that slippery slope.

;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2015 08:52:06 pm
      That's how you, Racer and Stuey racked up so many posts so quickly  :f_tongueincheek:

I think the majority of my Karma is sexual innuendo related rather than an actual good post ha ha
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2015 08:57:50 pm
      Age, just a number.

As for googling, best not to, I googled ugly pussy as a retort to somebody elses post of an ugly cat on here and I still hold the mental scars so best not to start down that slippery slope.

;D

Yeah maybe not the best choice of words for a google search mate  ;D

As for the age thing I stopped at 40, so Pauls overtaken me now  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2015 09:00:04 pm
      Age, just a number.

;D

ha ha, was recently notified that i was being followed on twitter by pussy gallery, lets just say there aren't many whiskers on these pussies
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2015 09:01:54 pm
      I think the majority of my Karma is sexual innuendo related rather than an actual good post ha ha

Doesn't surprise me Daz but they were well worth it  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Jul 21, 2015 09:03:50 pm
      ha ha, was recently notified that i was being followed on twitter by pussy gallery, lets just say there aren't many whiskers on these pussies

Neither had the ugly pussy that Ian posted but that was an actual cat  :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Jul 21, 2015 09:18:31 pm
       :hug: :kop5cf8koxp6: :hug: :scarf: :hug: :aaliverpoolwz0: :hug: :aaliverpool2xt1: Bloody love the bones of you lot  :laugh: :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Jul 21, 2015 09:20:49 pm
      :hug: :kop5cf8koxp6: :hug: :scarf: :hug: :aaliverpoolwz0: :hug: :aaliverpool2xt1: Bloody love the bones of you lot  :laugh: :laugh:

We love you too Cas  :hug:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2015 09:24:50 pm

8) ;D xxxxxx

Quick Reply