Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Worth Fighting For

Read 7568 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Worth Fighting For
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2015 11:29:59 pm
      Top post Andrew haha I can remember some of the times I posted in the drunk topic  was a right rambling load of sh*t . Good times used to be well blotto .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2015 11:57:22 pm
      There's been a few of us (RedlfcBlood, Reddebs, and others) reminiscing about how enjoyable the forum used to be, and complaining about how negative it's become over the years.

I blame Ross, since he's not been around there hasn't been anyone quite the same that we can take the piss out of.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jul 22, 2015 12:18:57 am
      Have to admit it did lose something for a bit there and it's probably around when I got really busy with college/break ups etc that I just didn't get back in here as much. But I'm all for making a bit more of an effort to get some of it back. Hell, even this little topic does that - just shows that there is a genuine level of care between many of us for both the forum, and the lives of those who participate. Having had a chance to share an ale with a couple of great people whom I've met through the forum - on different continents, no less - this place truly is a rich community that does genuinely enhance the red family and community across the world, and brings great friendship. Cheers to Ayrton on this, did make me reflect a bit more and think about some fun old times!

Agree entirely, and whilst it's probably too idealistic, I do feel that every individual can make a difference.

If just a few of us post a bit more, who knows, maybe a snowball effect could happen?

At the worst, I'll be sure to try and put in a couple of posts in the Drunk topic when I get a chance! ;)

Could not be more supportive  :D :ernaehrung004:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #26: Jul 22, 2015 07:12:36 am
      See there is still love there just got get it out there .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Jul 22, 2015 08:51:35 am
      I blame Ross, since he's not been around there hasn't been anyone quite the same that we can take the piss out of.

Echo those sentiments KK, anyone know what he's upto these days?

Have to admit it did lose something for a bit there and it's probably around when I got really busy with college/break ups etc that I just didn't get back in here as much. But I'm all for making a bit more of an effort to get some of it back. Hell, even this little topic does that - just shows that there is a genuine level of care between many of us for both the forum, and the lives of those who participate. Having had a chance to share an ale with a couple of great people whom I've met through the forum - on different continents, no less - this place truly is a rich community that does genuinely enhance the red family and community across the world, and brings great friendship. Cheers to Ayrton on this, did make me reflect a bit more and think about some fun old times!

Could not be more supportive  :D :ernaehrung004:

You've been a loss too Dave, good to have you back  :gt-happyup:

People need to start using the unread posts option more often then they'd know what's happening around the forum, instead of loitering in the Kop, Player threads and transfer sagas.

Get your sorry arses into the Arkles for a pint or two and some laughs with fellow Reds  ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Jul 22, 2015 09:17:05 am
      Any thing that's worth having is sure enough worth fighting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umc87T5UMs

Now I'm off to spank the monkey, Aayrton I blame you, any repetitive strain injuries, remember where's there blame, there's a claim. :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #29: Jul 22, 2015 09:23:43 am

Now I'm off to spank the monkey, Aayrton I blame you, any repetitive strain injuries, remember where's there blame, there's a claim. :D

Listening to that just make sure you turn the volume off otherwise you will have another claim for your ears bleeding   ;D

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Jul 22, 2015 10:24:25 am
      That's how you, Racer and Stuey racked up so many posts so quickly  :f_tongueincheek:

Not enough sexual innuendo on this forum lately.
      Finally, we've got to the real issue. :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #31: Jul 22, 2015 10:34:42 am

;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jul 22, 2015 10:35:41 am
      Oh, and nicely said, Sam.
      I mean, Ayrton.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #33: Jul 22, 2015 12:44:49 pm

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Jul 22, 2015 12:49:32 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #35: Jul 22, 2015 12:50:58 pm

https://youtu.be/WvodRB4cLsc

This version seems more appropriate for this thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36: Jul 22, 2015 04:02:19 pm
      Neither had the ugly pussy that Ian posted but that was an actual cat  :lmao:

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2015 03:00:42 am
      There's been a few of us (RedlfcBlood, Reddebs, and others) reminiscing about how enjoyable the forum used to be, and complaining about how negative it's become over the years.

Whilst true, that will not change if we don't each make the effort to make it a better place.

I'm encouraging the Staff and members of the forum to participate more in The Arkles, to chat and have a laugh in the off-topic boards, it's what they're here for, though we seem to have forgotten!

For me, this is the only forum I participate in, and feel it's worth fighting for, to make it what we want it to be. Regardless of how things are going on the pitch, we're all Reds fans and shouldn't forget we have that in common, despite our disagreements.

I also feel that if people knew each other better, things wouldn't deteriorate as quickly, and more respect would be shown.

Here's to us!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Feel a bit of a bump needed just for some to give this a read in wake of recent depression.

Still a wonderful place this, regardless of the fortunes of the reds. Let's keep it that way.  :scarf:

Quick Reply