Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Christian Benteke Player Thread (Liverpool -> Crystal Palace)

Read 163820 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Christian Benteke Player Thread (Liverpool -> Crystal Palace)
      Jul 22, 2015 09:01:33 pm
      It's finally official. Massively overspent and been taken all the way to the bank by Villa IMO but lets hope Benteke makes that fee look like an absolute bargain.

Welcome to the club lad! Now, get and score us a lot of goals!

Liverpool complete Benteke signing

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international striker Christian Benteke from Aston Villa.

The 24-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds today after successfully completing a medical in London.

Benteke has built a reputation as one of the Barclays Premier League's most clinical forwards since joining Villa from Genk in 2012, having scored 49 goals in 101 appearances for the Midlands side.

During that time he has also become a regular fixture for the Belgium national team and has netted seven goals in 24 outings for his country.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189394-liverpool-complete-benteke-signing

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2016 11:38:14 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Christian Benteke
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2015 09:03:26 pm
      Rickie Lambert is likely on way to WBA so it looks like Big Ben will have the number 9.

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/623945502921465856
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2015 09:03:57 pm
      Liverpool complete Benteke signing

The 24-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds today after successfully completing a medical in London.

Benteke has built a reputation as one of the Barclays Premier League's most clinical forwards since joining Villa from Genk in 2012, having scored 49 goals in 101 appearances for the Midlands side.

During that time he has also become a regular fixture for the Belgium national team and has netted seven goals in 24 outings for his country.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189394-liverpool-complete-benteke-signing
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2015 09:06:20 pm
      Christian Benteke: The first interview

After completing the formalities of his move to Anfield, Christian Benteke sat down with Liverpoolfc.com to discuss the draw of the Reds, his emotions upon signing, and his aims for the future - read on for a full Q&A.

Christian, welcome to Liverpool Football Club. How does it feel to have signed?

I'm very happy to be here and I would like to thank the owners, Ian [Ayre] and of course the manager for their massive effort to bring me here.

We're speaking literally minutes after you put pen to paper, what would you say is your overwhelming emotion?

It's hard to show your emotion when you've just come from doing something [like this] but of course I am very happy.

Why was Liverpool the right club for you?

I think it was the right club for me because I had a good chat with the manager and I wanted to be part of his project.

You've scored several times at Anfield for Aston Villa in the last couple of years, what do you imagine it will be like running out in front of the home supporters in the red of Liverpool?

I think when I came here with Aston Villa [it was] a great feeling to play at Anfield. Now, to be in the home shirt is going to be an exciting feeling.

What do you know about Liverpool Football Club?

I know Liverpool is a big story. They've won [many] league titles and the Champions League five times and of course the UEFA Cup and a lot of trophies. I know it's a big club.

You're the seventh signing the club has made this summer, what is your take on the strength of the squad you're joining?

I think there are quality players, a lot of good players with big names of course. I'm happy to be part of this team and will [try] to help this team reach its goals.

How much are you looking forward to meeting up with your teammates in the final few weeks of pre-season?

I'm very excited. I want to meet them and work with them, of course.

You can also look forward to working with your Belgium international colleagues Simon Mignolet and Divock Origi - have you spoken to them in recent days about life at Liverpool?

Not yet but I will just wait to see them and hopefully they are going to help me!

Since you came to England you've developed into one of the Barclays Premier League's top forwards but how would you describe yourself as a striker?

It's hard to speak about yourself. I prefer other people to speak about me.

You're still only 24, do you feel you can develop and become an even better player at Liverpool?

Yeah of course. I want to be the best and I want to reach the best of myself.

What do you hope to actually achieve here at this football club?

I came here to win trophies. I came here to reach some great goals with the team.

What would you say motivates you as a footballer?

It's about winning trophies. It's about doing something in [my] career I can maybe explain to my son or my kids what I did.

As you sit here now having just signed for this club what are you looking forward to most?

There's a lot of feelings. I want first to meet my new teammates and I want to work with the manager and his staff.

Finally, what would you say was your message to supporters in Liverpool and all over the world who'll be wishing you every success in a red shirt?

I'm very happy to be part of the Liverpool family now and I will do everything to make them happy and work hard for them and my teammates.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189481-christian-benteke-the-first-interview
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015 09:19:04 pm by AZPatriot »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2015 09:07:14 pm
      Welcome Christian
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2015 09:07:17 pm
      He's certainly short and sweet in his answers going off that interview :D These interviews are all samey.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2015 09:11:28 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Christian
       YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Christian Benteke Player Thread
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2015 09:12:57 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool, Christian! Hope he bangs them in for us this season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2015 09:13:45 pm
      Time to get behind him, welcome him to the club and hope he scores a sh*t load of goals.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2015 09:14:47 pm

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2015 09:15:47 pm
      Time to get behind him, welcome him to the club and hope he scores a sh*t load of goals.

I have a feeling this thread may be the largest and most controversial threads of the 2015/2016 season...it has Lucas written all over it.

2000 posts in the transfer thread alone...amazing.
      Bier
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2015 09:16:55 pm
      Welcome Christian!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2015 09:18:00 pm
      Lovely jubbly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2015 09:19:44 pm
      Get in.

Welcome to the club...now go prove the doubters wrong, for all of our sakes!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2015 09:20:51 pm
      Cant wait to see this lad fully fit and on form i think he could be an awesome signing. Not long to wait now for the season. I think this summer is light years better than last season . He has been stuck in a terrible side within a club that is dying this is a great chnace for him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #15: Jul 22, 2015 09:21:11 pm
      26 league goals in his first season and the golden boot, that's my prediction.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2015 09:21:13 pm
      I have a feeling this thread may be the largest and most controversial threads of the 2015/2016 season...it has Lucas written all over it.

Yep, said the exact thing in his transfer thread.

Welcome to the club Christian.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2015 09:22:25 pm
      We need youtube video!!!!!!

Benteke Scoutnation
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2015 09:23:41 pm
      You never want to make this transfer any more or less than it is, but Benteke does feel like it's a make or break signing for Brendan. Big outlay for a guy with a good goal record, albeit at Villa. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds. I hope like hell this works out and the big man can push us forward and put up the numbers he did at Villa.

"Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager" has something to say about that! :laugh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2015 09:23:58 pm
      Welcome Christian "Beast" Benteke!

I have a really good feeling about this signing!
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #20: Jul 22, 2015 09:25:50 pm
      "It's hard to speak about yourself. I prefer other people to speak about me."

Really like that answer, always thought that was a dumb question. Describe yourself... umm I'm fast and kick a ball good?

Anyways welcome to the club Benteke, please score all the goals
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Jul 22, 2015 09:26:02 pm
      Will be good to see him bully the Stoke defence in the first game of the season and for him not to bully our defence in games ever again! ;D

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #22: Jul 22, 2015 09:28:27 pm
      Welcome Christian! Prove the doubters wrong!

You'll never walk alone.

Quick Reply