Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Christian Benteke Player Thread (Liverpool -> Crystal Palace)

Read 164064 times
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Re: Christian Benteke Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jul 23, 2015 12:39:37 pm
      Welcome. ..Welcome   !!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #139: Jul 23, 2015 12:52:14 pm
      Best of luck at Liverpool.

I'm on the fence because I'm a cynical old fart - but you can't deny he has a solid goalscoring record.

Hoping he can get us 20+ goals.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #140: Jul 23, 2015 12:54:26 pm
      Benteke is nothing like Carrol.  Benteke gives a lot more for defenders to think about. Carrol doesn't have such a 3rd dimension.  He runs in one direction and poaches an awful lot. Benteke is a lot more unpredictable. I was against the Carrol signing but I think Benteke will be great. It's too bad people are judging them as the same because of a similar price tag. In that case Coutinho is the spitting image of Alberto right?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #141: Jul 23, 2015 01:00:45 pm

Who is the man on the right? Donar guy?

Whatever he's a donor of I hope it's not physical.

;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #142: Jul 23, 2015 01:33:03 pm

You spelling of doner is a truly shameful and offensive attack on all late night beered up piss artists looking for their kebab fix
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #143: Jul 23, 2015 01:35:58 pm
      20 goal a season striker. No complaints from me really. Let's see how he goes.
      Think it depends on many factors, not just Bentekes individual quality. Easily 30 goal a season machine if everything goes right or a flop of Carroll proportions if we dont improve on last years showings. I like him a lot. Welcome
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #144: Jul 23, 2015 01:42:15 pm

Dunno, but I'd hazard a guess he's a Brummie.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #145: Jul 23, 2015 01:46:05 pm
      Welcome Benteke!

I rate him and would like us to sign him last season...   

The only downside about this transfer is the price...that's not my money so I don't give a f*ck  about how much is it....

I'm just worried that the high price tag would give the pressure to the player..

Some former players from supposed mediocre teams
      came to the bigger club (biggest in this case), with high price like Carroll,  Downing, Lovren, Allen etc failed to perform like they're suppose to be on why we bought them.

Not to mention some portion of our 'fans' who like to bash the players and impatient.

I really hope he will get at least 23 goals next season :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #146: Jul 23, 2015 01:56:36 pm
      BenTEKKERS.

Not really sure about it to be honest, but having resigned myself to it a while ago he really can't be worse than any of our frontline bar Sturridge - and considering his injury record, he's immediately our most reliable strike man. Sad but hey, upgrade?

In all seriousness, benefit of the doubt. Welcome. 15+ and I'll be happy on a debut season. 15 being minimum for happiness, ecstatic would be another 10 or more on that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #147: Jul 23, 2015 03:04:30 pm
      Whatever he's a donor of I hope it's not physical.

;)

You spelling of doner is a truly shameful and offensive attack on all late night beered up piss artists looking for their kebab fix

Dunno, but I'd hazard a guess he's a Brummie.

Sorry DONER not Donar. I'm a post graduate teacher but English isn't my native language, it is my second.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #148: Jul 23, 2015 03:42:12 pm
      On Benteke, I rate him. I think 32m is steep, but if he does a job then what does the money matter? Hope he proves everyone wrong
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015 04:02:33 pm by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #149: Jul 23, 2015 03:53:45 pm
      I think he will absolutely shine for us, big fish,small pond at Villa but at Anfield it could be a perfect fit,
      Here he'll be surrounded by top quality individuals whereas at Villa he wasn't but they still got a strike ratio out of him as third best in the epl,

It's obviously too early to say but he could be signing of the season,  and when he bangs in those 15_20 goals and scores the winner in our two cup finals I think most of us will be ecstatic, 

Oh and we WILL make the cl come May,
      So just to clarify, ,, we will win the Europa league, Add the FA Cup as a bonus and qualify for the CL through our league position,,,you heard it here first ppl,

Welcome to the best club on the planet Christian

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #150: Jul 23, 2015 04:04:57 pm
      Now if Ripa is happy with Clint's credentials can we get back to discussing the big man?

Now that he's here I'm really keen to see the plans for him and hope he gets a decent run in the next available game.

LFCexiled
      Reply #151: Jul 23, 2015 04:12:47 pm
      Sorry DONER not Donar. I'm a post graduate teacher but English isn't my native language, it is my second.

If it wasn't for your match scribeness you'd be outta here! ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #152: Jul 23, 2015 04:13:02 pm
      Now if Ripa is happy with Clint's credentials can we get back to discussing the big man?

Now that he's here I'm really keen to see the plans for him and hope he gets a decent run in the next available game.

That's the game in Croatia isn't it? We'll probably see Firmino feature too. Can't wait to see how Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke develop as a possible front 3 (should Brendan opt to play that way).
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #153: Jul 23, 2015 04:14:06 pm
      That's the game in Croatia isn't it? We'll probably see Firmino feature too. Can't wait to see how Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke develop as a possible front 3 (should Brendan opt to play that way).

Thought it was Finland
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #154: Jul 23, 2015 04:18:56 pm
      He is a LIVERPOOL player NOW
       can we simply try to support him and leave the not a good buy or a good buy comments till at least he kicks a ball in a Liverpool shirt

In regards carragher's  comments , that  he is not a Liverpool style player, that is yet to be seen,
       carragher had also his concerns on the firmino  deal
       not saying they are surely  good buys,  that has to be seen
      until then every player that will wear the liverbird shirt should have all the support thet can  get and a little bit of patience too

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #155: Jul 23, 2015 04:23:57 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #156: Jul 23, 2015 04:30:19 pm

Yes it is, I was wrong. For some reasons I thought we played Hajduk Split but obviously I was wide of the mark.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #157: Jul 23, 2015 04:30:31 pm
      They were put in place because the manager flatly refused a DoF Stuey and was the way Brendan wanted to work in recruitment of players.

You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet over the 'committee', even though its pretty much how every club works they who doesn't have a DoF, and Brendan is part of that committee that brings the players here.

Benteke by all accounts has been one he has wanted for a couple of seasons so the committee have once again done their job.

I made no negative comment about the tc Si, I did respond to the poster who seem to be suggesting the manager had completely overruled them in signing certain players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #158: Jul 23, 2015 05:31:37 pm
      He does have a point though , you have to admit .

So did Pinocchio - and I'm not talking about Phil Thompson.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #159: Jul 23, 2015 06:35:31 pm
      Bang in a shed load lad everything will be fine , there is the possibility he could be a jewel for us , here's hoping a bit of lady luck shines you're way ,
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #160: Jul 23, 2015 07:49:38 pm
      Benteke is nothing like Carrol.  Benteke gives a lot more for defenders to think about. Carrol doesn't have such a 3rd dimension.  He runs in one direction and poaches an awful lot. Benteke is a lot more unpredictable. I was against the Carrol signing but I think Benteke will be great. It's too bad people are judging them as the same because of a similar price tag. In that case Coutinho is the spitting image of Alberto right?

I was being sarcastic.

Quick Reply