Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

HJK 0:2 Liverpool Pre, in game & post match debate.

Read 29515 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Re: HJK 0:2 Liverpool Pre, in game & post match debate.
      Reply #253: Aug 01, 2015 08:13:55 pm
      That was a poor perfomance.
      sh*te. Anyone thinking otherwise are kidding themselves.

Haha say what you see mate!

It wasn't great, first half was pretty laboured, better in the 2nd. Nothing to get excited about from a team performance perspective.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #254: Aug 01, 2015 08:21:36 pm
      Haha say what you see mate!

It wasn't great, first half was pretty laboured, better in the 2nd. Nothing to get excited about from a team performance perspective.

I know mate. Many on here think they just seen seen a good performance.
      Nothing could be further from the truth.
      We were awful. A mess of a performance.

Stoke must be worried.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #255: Aug 01, 2015 08:23:02 pm

Oh no, we didn't look like league winners in a pre season friendly whilst missing key starters, someone get my umbrella the sky is falling!!!!!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #256: Aug 01, 2015 08:31:29 pm

The 1st half was poor yes, 2nd was much better.

0-2 win away from home, against a team in the CL, qualifiers admittedly, but top of their division is reasonable.

But hey, it's easy to be negative.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #257: Aug 01, 2015 08:31:45 pm

Stoke must be worried.

Don't think I've seen anyone say it was a great performance but you seem happy in your black hole of doom and gloom so naturally it was sh*t.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #258: Aug 01, 2015 08:32:04 pm
      Think you may be reading too much into the tactics of our pre season games. We've certainly been alternating between pressing hard and stepping off a teams a little, but I'd say the frequency with which we switch between these philosophies of play during a game will not be as much during this seasons games than it has been during the pre season matches. Rodgers will have been trying to get his players used to playing both styles, and indeed switching between them, but I'd be hugely surprised if we had a predictable plan like "press for 20 minutes, sit off for 25". I thought the whole point of Ljinders and O'Driscoll was to bring new ideas to the table and make us less predictable.

We played in a similar way last season, we'd attack for a bit then completely drop off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #259: Aug 01, 2015 08:36:35 pm

Stoke must be worried.

saw stoke vs cologne and they were shocking, preseason is exactly that
      LFCestland
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #260: Aug 01, 2015 08:37:23 pm
      If anyone is intrested of HJK vs Liverpool matchday magazine, then they should write me to inbox. I have two at home, might make some collectors happy.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #261: Aug 01, 2015 09:23:54 pm
      Saw City get thrashed by Stuttgart 4:2. I'm happy enough with the game. Took a while to get going, but we did in the end. A decent win over a team which defended deep.

Its not great practice for the premier league, but we'll see a fair bit of this in the Europa league (against similar quality opponents), and it looked solid for fitness.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #262: Aug 01, 2015 09:26:27 pm
      We played in a similar way last season, we'd attack for a bit then completely drop off.

Absolutely mate, I'd call that the natural ebb and flow of most football matches. It's useful to practice transitioning from one tactic to the other, which is why we've seen it during pre-season. I was just saying I don't think we have a plan to (specifically) press & attack for 20-25 minutes of a half, and then sit back for the second 20/25. That might be a little too predictable.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #263: Aug 01, 2015 09:31:09 pm
      "“We were better in the second half than the first. We tried something new in the first half, but our fluency was really good in the second half and obviously we scored a couple of good goals."

Interesting to hear Rodgers say they were trying something new in the first half. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to work so well, but that is what pre-season is for.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #264: Aug 01, 2015 09:35:18 pm
      sh*t first half, mainly because of Ings imo. He just offered nothing - no outlet, no movement, just stood there waiting for the ball to pop to his feet.

Second half was livelier which was good to see. Origi took his goal well and Milner and Coutinho at the heart of everything good through the middle. Ibe and Clyne ran the show on the right for the whole game which was terrific.

Mignolet was hopeless in that first 10 minutes and then had nothing to do from then on. Lallana was sh*te, too, and kept losing the ball.

Gomez - quality. The kid is a little beast. Pace, strength, comfortable on the ball and can track his man to defend.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #265: Aug 01, 2015 09:52:33 pm
      Sh*t first half, mainly because of Ings imo. He just offered nothing - no outlet, no movement, just stood there waiting for the ball to pop to his feet.

I must have been watching a earlier pre-season match; his finishing was poor but he should have scored at least 2; thought his movement was excellent and was making a pest of himself in front of the goal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #266: Aug 01, 2015 11:07:59 pm
      I must have been watching a earlier pre-season match; his finishing was poor but he should have scored at least 2; thought his movement was excellent and was making a pest of himself in front of the goal.

He was, I thought he played alright as well. it's amazing how people see things so differently. I guess it goes to show that none of us really know what we are talking about. ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #267: Aug 01, 2015 11:13:09 pm
      He was, I thought he played alright as well. it's amazing how people see things so differently. I guess it goes to show that none of us really know what we are talking about. ;)

We look at it as fans mate whereas coaches look at how their ideas are working or not as the case may be.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #268: Aug 01, 2015 11:19:45 pm
      This was a piss poor performance. No posisitives to to be taken from this game, or the other pre-season games.

We are now going into a league game against STOKE , half cocked and weak -minded , IMO.
      IF you think this is what you call preparation. You are kidding yourself.
      This team looks as bewildered and confused as it as ever been.

Now add Benteke and Firminho and you think you got a team?. Hang on boys and girls , cos this is gona be a bumpy ride.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #269: Aug 01, 2015 11:32:27 pm
      This was a piss poor performance. No posisitives to to be taken from this game, or the other pre-season games.

This is about the 5th time this thread you have posted this, why don't you do us all a favor and just go look in the mirror and repeat it too yourself....would imagine the bulk of the forum is tired of hearing it from you.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #270: Aug 01, 2015 11:45:37 pm
      More Chicken Little than littleface.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #271: Aug 01, 2015 11:46:34 pm
      This is about the 5th time this thread you have posted this, why don't you do us all a favor and just go look in the mirror and repeat it too yourself....would imagine the bulk of the forum is tired of hearing it from you.

I'm starting to think that you are a delicate flower , who just needs to be fed positive posts , to help you sleep at night.
      I really feel that you are in for a shock next sunday. So i  think you should invest in a block order of bubble wrap
      . just to keep you safe.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #272: Aug 01, 2015 11:47:24 pm

We are now going into a league game against STOKE , half cocked and weak -minded , IMO.

Now add Benteke and Firminho and you think you got a team?. Hang on boys and girls , cos this is gona be a bumpy ride.

I could have sworn we'd won 2-0 and had Firmino and Benteke still to be bolted on.

This LFC gig might not be for you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #273: Aug 01, 2015 11:50:01 pm
      I could have sworn we'd won 2-0 and had Firmino and Benteke still to be bolted on.

Indeed.

I think the amount of our fanbase who seem to be wishing failure this summer is as bad as I can ever remember.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #274: Aug 01, 2015 11:56:24 pm

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #275: Aug 01, 2015 11:56:31 pm

Your right mate , we did win 2-0. But if you think we played well , and you saw an improvement in the team play.
      Then you are deluded on a scale of incompetence that cannot be recorded.

This was a repeat of all the faults of last season, with the added ingrediant of pre-season fervour.

Quick Reply