Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

HJK 0:2 Liverpool Pre, in game & post match debate.

Read 29516 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Re: HJK 0:2 Liverpool Pre, in game & post match debate.
      Reply #299: Aug 02, 2015 02:05:55 am
      I remember a couple of years ago we fu**ed up in pre-season against a Celtic side managed by that neanderthal Neil Lennon playing neanderthal football. We started the season alright then.

We can't guage anything from a pre-season game. Remember last season? That victory against Dortmund? Yet more evidence.
      Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #300: Aug 02, 2015 02:18:07 am
      'Deluded on a scale of incompetence'. If you don't find any humour in this I'm at a loss.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #301: Aug 02, 2015 02:44:01 am
      Whilst I am open minded and excited about the new season, I have to agree with little face that it was a fairly poor performance.

So is City going to flounder because they lost to Stuutgart?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #302: Aug 02, 2015 03:18:41 am
      I'm starting to think that you are a delicate flower , who just needs to be fed positive posts , to help you sleep at night.
      I really feel that you are in for a shock next sunday. So i  think you should invest in a block order of bubble wrap
      . just to keep you safe.

I think and everybody else knows how to read an opinion without it being spammed every 20 posts or so during a match thread.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015 04:39:11 am by AZPatriot »
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #303: Aug 02, 2015 03:20:09 am
      Liked what I saw today and think that the majority of people feel the same - barring a few taking it a bit too seriously. Chelsea lost to a second-string NY Red Bulls side 4-2 a couple weeks ago or so, can't even imagine the sh*t-storm that would be had with that minority on here... Yet they're still the favorites to win the league.

Anyways, moving back to reality. I saw some real positives today:

-Migs looks like the second-half of the season keeper, not the first-half that we saw last year. Looks sharp, maybe Bogdan coming in will keep him on his toes.

-Backline looks solid. Still do have faith in Lovren, optimistic that he'll turn out for us - unlike some who have completely written him off (which I do understand). Skrtel same as always, Clyne is going to be a brilliant signing if you ask me, fantastic piece of business. Gomez solid as well, potential to be a star, still unsure about his offensive abilities, but would like to see Moreno be given a good run of games in an actual back four. All in all relatively untested, but still liked what I saw back there.

-Hendo and Milner look like carbon copies of eachother if you ask me. They're getting some good chemistry, liked what I saw in their rotations in and out of offensive/defensive positions. However, I am still firmly of the belief that neither of them are defensive-minded players and they both (as well as the back four) would be much better off supported by an actual defensive midfielder.

-Couts excellent as usual, but he can't continue to be the only source of creativity, which is why Firmino coming in is another brilliant piece of business. Lallana was good, think he'll be a much better player this year and could be more efficient with his movements and plays and add some goals. Ibe's got more potential than Sterling if you ask me, but still much more raw due to the lack of game time relative to what Raheem had. He's got power, speed, directness, and ability. What he's missing is the ability to lift his head up. Likes to take players on but lacks an end objective. Do think that if he's given time and the right nurturing then he'll turn out to be quality.

-Ings and Origi both looked good. Origi looked better of the two to me today, but all in all pretty good to me. Origi's more raw, but got power, pace, and good ability. Ings more refined, with less than anything, but needs to work on his movement a bit. Maybe I've been spoiled by Suarez and Studge in recent years, but movement is what creates goals.

-Side note, Pedro Chirivella looked class in his cameo there. Not often that you see a 19 year old come like that and know exactly what to do in order to wind down a game. Moved the ball extremely well, movements and positioning were fantastic and released Hendo. A player who is truly a student of the game and uses his brains to make it happen. Hoping he gets more opportunities going forward.

Adding Benteke and Firmino to the side will really add to the value of the side, but I'm excited for the season. Only lapses in the side could be at left back and a true DM other than what we've got, but otherwise we've got a lot of depth everyone else and I think our signings net-net will be a huge improvement.

Looking forward to see what we can do. I think a lot of sides will be underestimating us and we'll come out much stronger than last year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #304: Aug 02, 2015 05:58:55 am
      I remember a couple of years ago we fu**ed up in pre-season against a Celtic side managed by that neanderthal Neil Lennon playing neanderthal football. We started the season alright then.

We can't guage anything from a pre-season game. Remember last season? That victory against Dortmund? Yet more evidence.

Agree. As long as the little things are being done behind the scenes and the lads are fit by the first game it's all good.

Then again they came to Australia to play A-League clubs so i'm biased :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #305: Aug 02, 2015 09:58:33 am
      Haven't had a chance to see yesterday's game.

Not sure I've learned much from the last couple of pages of this thread either (apart from AmericanRed's post which had some analysis).

Only thing I will say is that I thought pre-season was about getting new players gelled together ready for day one.

Not sure how that operates these days when our two most expensive signings haven't pulled on the shirt a week before the season.

Pre season is a massive commercial event these days and anybody who reads too much into it either way are probably wide of the mark.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #306: Aug 02, 2015 10:13:26 am

Not sure I've learned much from the last couple of pages of this thread either (apart from AmericanRed's post which had some analysis).

Only thing I will say is that I thought pre-season was about getting new players gelled together ready for day one.

Not sure how that operates these days when our two most expensive signings haven't pulled on the shirt a week before the season.

Pre season is a massive commercial event these days and anybody who reads too much into it either way are probably wide of the mark.

Very true about the commercial side.

What's interesting is that whilst we haven't gelled our big buys, other big teams are yet to make theirs (aside from Sterling to city, and lets be honest, I'd be surprised if that was City's last big buy of the window).
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #307: Aug 02, 2015 11:19:23 am
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Very true about the commercial side.

What's interesting is that whilst we haven't gelled our big buys, other big teams are yet to make theirs (aside from Sterling to city, and lets be honest, I'd be surprised if that was City's last big buy of the window).
      Did you even see the match? Look in the Origi thread and read your own comments about
      he who scored for us. Change your name to"tedious"...... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #308: Aug 02, 2015 12:53:31 pm
      Here's some highlights if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM-rYRWz0Ws
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #309: Aug 02, 2015 01:40:17 pm

Definitely agree on the commercial side but there's too much at stake to not look at it strategically, at least partially.

They came to the far-east where it was stinking hot which is perfect for pre-season fitness, came to Australia which has world class facilities in a comfortable environment and then ended against a team at peak fitness in the middle of their season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #310: Aug 02, 2015 02:03:53 pm
      Good to see Origi get a goal again as well as a couple of assists from Milner.

Probably close to our starting line up next week, except swap the useless Lovren with Sakho, Ings for Benteke and Lallana with Firmino.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #311: Aug 02, 2015 08:04:04 pm
      Nothing to see here, except the discussion about the game.

Deleted today's comments as they were of no use to the match thread.

We can all agree that there are differences of opinion, but can we please be civil about it, one or two comments may be acceptable, but repetition is not.

On topic please.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #312: Aug 08, 2015 10:39:07 pm
      You are unreal, and you just reminded me why I have visited here less and less over the last year. I used to really enjoy reading posts and opinions on here over the last few years.( even though I never posted much, I just enjoyed the comments and analysis ). It just seems that its one of a few things,
      1. We are flooded with fake fans since the near miss in the league 2 years ago.
      2. We are being trolled by idiots from other clubs trying to drag the forum down.
      3. Or this is the way it is now, fu***** ass*****  who live online and think football manager makes them better managers than ours.
      Either way you are a fool and so ignorant to people I have followed enjoyed reading posts from for a long time. I think there should be a separate thread for idiots like you. When you post sh*t about the team or manager just for the sake of saying it, you get sent there and locked from posting. Sorry if I'm offending anyone but I'm just about done with the negativity. We just won 2-0 with half a team to a team half way through their season, am I right? And our new signings are the ones shining. But hey f**k it, milner is sh*t, we are playing white and Brendan is sh*te.

Get back to me after our 5th game of the season
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #313: Aug 08, 2015 10:41:01 pm
      Get back to me after our 5th game of the season

It's the night before our first match of the season and you choose to continue this with a petty pointless post?

Jesus F***ing Wept
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #314: Aug 08, 2015 10:52:51 pm
      It's the night before our first match of the season and you choose to continue this with a petty pointless post?

Jesus F***ing Wept

Crazy.

It's actually depressing how many of our supporters have been so negative all summer long and sucking the life out of everything.

Quick Reply