Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reasons to be Positive about 2015-16

Read 7835 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Re: Reasons to be Positive about 2015-16
      Reply #46: Jul 28, 2015 01:22:53 pm
      I'm feeling pretty positive about the new season, certainly in the sense that I expect us to be significantly more competitive than last season anway.

Here's my predictions based on the players we've signed and a bestish case scenario.

Benteke: I hope he'll stay fit, score 26 goals in the Premiership and win the golden boot, he's certainly capable of it IMHO. Realistically he's likely to get injured at some point and take a little time to settle. If my life depended on it I'd go for 17 goals in the league.

Firmino: I hope he'll be at least 2/3 as good as the lads who've "been watching him since he was 11" say he is. If he is, he'll be about as good as Dennis Bergkamp was in his pomp at Arsenal. More realistically I expect he'll take a little time to settle and will turn out to be a good player.

Milner: No worries at all here. Our signing of the summer and our player of the year.

Clyne: I hope he instantly comes in and looks solid, I think he will.

Ings/Origi: I hope they instantly offer more than Balotelli, Borini and though it pains me to say it, Rickie Lambert. In fairness they could have signed me and achieved that, so I'm pretty confident here.

Older signings:

Sakho and the future captain. I'm hoping that we can cobble together a central defensive partnership which both looks solid and stays fit. My guess is it'll start off as being Skrtel and Sakho and I hope they can get it together. I've a slight hunch that by Christmas it may have morphed into Lovren/Sakho, but whoever it is we need a partnership that works.

Lallana: I hope we'll see a lot more of him changing games, here's hoping.

Can: More improvement needed, I hope he's leaving the currywurst alone over the summer.

Moreno and Markovic. I'm hoping one of them might develop to the point where we don't all facepalm when they get selected. Bit of an outsider this one though.

Based on all that, we'll finish fourth. The champions will be Arsenal, with Man City second and Chelsea third and ruing their failure to sign heavier in the summer. The Mancs will be fifth, one point behind us. It'll be the closest title race in history, all five top teams still being in with a shot with four games to go.   

No shout for Coutinho or Sturridge Mick?
      Ibrahim-098
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 28, 2015 03:26:33 pm
      There are plenty of reasons to be positive about the upcoming season.
      Firstly our signing have been pretty decent. We have bought goals goals and more goals. Firmino and will create them, and Benteke will score them. Then we have the premier league winning experience of Milner and hungry young players like Ings and Joe Gomez that will improve the depth in the squad ensuring that we can challenge on all fronts.

That brings me to squad depth. This is best squad we've had in terms of depth for years. Miles better than 13/14 in fact. We have some quality players that won't get a game week in week out and that is why the Europa League is beneficial to us next season. Players like Ibe, Markovic, Can, Balotelli, Ings will have an opportunity to find some form and play their way into being a first team regular. I think we have a great chance of going far in the Europa League this season.

The only worry is that we haven't really sorted ourselves out defensively. I think Clyne is a great acquisition and will prove to be solid defensively and great going forward but its our CB partnership that is inconsistent and lacking in leadership and organisation. And as good as Moreno is going forward, he's an absolute liability defensively. Hopefully Rodgers really emphasizes the defense in pre season training

At the end of the day, the way I see it, is that we are nailed on for 5th place atm. Spurs, Everton, Soton ect have all pretty much stayed where they are. Now if we can get Benteke or Sturridge scoring 25+ goals next season and also hope for the wheels to come off at one of the top 4 clubs then we're in with a shout of a top 4 place.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Jul 28, 2015 03:38:23 pm
      Maybe many are still pissed off Brendan didn't get the sack and just can't get over it?

Ye I think so. They can fook off and support another team. The team and management is what it is.... and it looks mighty fine to me!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #49: Jul 28, 2015 03:48:33 pm
      a massive reason is we now have real options that could get into most top 4 teams so BR has to prove his tactical worth and get the best out of them all
      1. benteke
      2. milner
      3. hendo
      4. coutinho
      5. firmino
      6. sturridge
      7. sakho

all the above could get into last seasons top 4 so now if the others start kicking on we could have a top 4 worthy team. this season might be to soon but you never know in this league.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #50: Aug 17, 2015 08:20:40 am
      Theres no way this season coul be worse than the last one,a lot of our players were injured and played most of the season out of their natural positions so with some good new players in there is a lot to be positive about in the curent season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #51: Aug 17, 2015 08:54:22 am
      Theres no way this season coul be worse than the last one,a lot of our players were injured and played most of the season out of their natural positions so with some good new players in there is a lot to be positive about in the curent season.

agreed.

Quick Reply