Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Number of new players

Read 7834 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: Number of new players
      Reply #69: Jul 28, 2015 11:18:50 pm
      Apparently Brendan didn't want Sturridge either , but because he was scoring Brendan managed to get over that problem, similarly I think if Balloteli had started scoring, you like everyone else including Brendan would be saying what a great buy he was.

Just for the record mate I did think he was a good buy but if the manager didn't and only signed him because there was little other option then maybe he had it in his head that he wasn't going to use him.

I'm not saying it was all Brendan's fault as Mario is a guy that has had his problems in the past but I honestly think more could have been made of Balotelli.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #70: Jul 28, 2015 11:21:49 pm
      :)  Sorry, didn't mean to drag you down mate, just keep taking the happy pills. I think we have a few things to be optimistic about. Our strikers can't do any worse than last season and we won't lose 6-1 to Stoke again.... sadly that's about it :lmao:

Seriously I think we will score more and concede less than last season, but sadly not enough to trouble the top 4.

I think I had better go and spread happiness and joy in some of the other theads now.

You forgot, we'll likely beat Villa this year.....twice ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #71: Jul 29, 2015 10:28:51 am
      Just for the record mate I did think he was a good buy but if the manager didn't and only signed him because there was little other option then maybe he had it in his head that he wasn't going to use him.

I'm not saying it was all Brendan's fault as Mario is a guy that has had his problems in the past but I honestly think more could have been made of Balotelli.

I am sure for £16/18 million there were other options available mate. I just think they thought they were getting a bargain, with the only real risk being he's a nutter. I don't think they expected him to struggle to score as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Jul 29, 2015 10:32:04 am
      I am sure for £16/18 million there were other options available mate. I just think they thought they were getting a bargain, with the only real risk being he's a nutter. I don't think they expected him to struggle to score as well.

Think you are right with this analysis.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #73: Jul 29, 2015 12:57:20 pm
      Talksh1te made point that we are doing same as last summer, buying loads of new players, who will take time to settle in.

Personally think it's different.
      Only signed 5 players IMO for the 1st team squad & 1 was signed last season.

Only just seen this topic. And to be fair they do have a point in my view.

5 players for the 1st team squad is half the outfield team.

It's a massive change for the side.  After last summer we were promised that there wouldn't need to be many signings this summer - but it hasn't quite worked out that way - basically because we bought a lot of overpriced average players.

So yes Liverpool are doing the same as what they did last summer.  The only difference is, we hope and many have us an inkling, is that we've bought slightly better players this time around.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #74: Jul 29, 2015 01:07:13 pm
      Only just seen this topic. And to be fair they do have a point in my view.

5 players for the 1st team squad is half the outfield team.

It's a massive change for the side.  After last summer we were promised that there wouldn't need to be many signings this summer - but it hasn't quite worked out that way - basically because we bought a lot of overpriced average players.

So yes Liverpool are doing the same as what they did last summer.  The only difference is, we hope and many have us an inkling, is that we've bought slightly better players this time around.

Suppose my point of view is that they are better players, well most of them anyways. And 3 are experienced premiership players, proven track records. Ings even has a full season scoring in the premiership.

Origi & firmino might take longer to settle, tho Origi is down the pecking order so thats ok, we want firmino to settle quickly.

Quick Reply