Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Allan Rodrigues De Souza

Read 13568 times
      Rush
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,239 posts | 972 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Allan Rodrigues De Souza
      Jul 28, 2015 08:56:32 pm
      Trials at Melwood - no sale as of yet

Good passer of the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvhnP-cJfA&feature=youtu.be&a

Deep lying play maker?
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2017 11:01:39 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2015 09:02:01 pm
      Nothing confirmed yet mate, could be a trial at this stage.

He's a midfielder with a peach of a left foot apparently but no idea if he's a DLPM, DM, CM or B2B.  I guess at 18 he could become any of them  ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 442 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2015 09:05:27 pm
      Joe Allen had a name change? ;D
      Rush
      • Started Topic

• 8,239 posts | 972 
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2015 09:12:27 pm

He's a midfielder with a peach of a left foot apparently but no idea if he's a DLPM, DM, CM or B2B.  I guess at 18 he could become any of them  ;D
      Ah right

Sorry mods; do with this thread as you feel appropriate

But definitely a sweet left peg oh him for sure

Rush
      • Started Topic

• 8,239 posts | 972 
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2015 09:12:58 pm
      Good catch :D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #5: Jul 29, 2015 10:01:01 am

A midfielder who didnt play for Internacional, don't know how he will improve the team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #6: Jul 29, 2015 10:14:03 am
      A midfielder who didnt play for Internacional, don't know how he will improve the team.

He will go into the Academy teams.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #7: Jul 29, 2015 01:04:33 pm
      how a kid on trial is even news just shows you how much players are under the microscope these days. Times have changed and we are all becoming Analytical masters almost seems pointless having scouts haha.

RedLFCBlood
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza (Trial at LFC)
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2015 02:50:51 pm

I remember another young Brazilian Midfielder who came from one of the Milan'ese teams that wasn't getting game time too, he seems to have done ok. :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2015 03:00:54 pm

He's not meant to improve the team, he's one for the Academy if he signs.  We need to sort a work permit out which is always difficult for non EU Residents but his Youth International record should help, as he'll be classed as an "exceptional talent".
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2015 03:02:52 pm
      I remember another young Brazilian Midfielder who came from one of the Milan'ese teams that wasn't getting game time too, he seems to have done ok. :D

He's not at that Inter Daz, it's the Brazilian Inter but I agree with your point  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2015 04:08:45 pm
      He's not at that Inter Daz, it's the Brazilian Inter but I agree with your point  ;)

My bad Debs, half asleep, only had 2 and a half hours kip last night, dead on my feet now.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2015 04:16:36 pm
      My bad Debs, half asleep, only had 2 and a half hours kip last night, dead on my feet now.

No worries mate, hope everythings ok.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #13: Aug 01, 2015 05:37:05 pm
      Looks like the kid has signed

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of young Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza.

The 18-year-old will join the Reds from Porto Alegre-based Internacional for a fee of around £500,000.

Allan trained with Brendan Rodgers’ squad at Melwood this week and was named in the squad for Saturday’s friendly with HJK Helsinki in Finland.

A club statement read: “LFC have secured Allan for the future and he’s currently spending time with the Reds with the permission of his club, Internacional.”

Allan impressed Liverpool coaches when he was spotted playing for Internacional in the Frenz International Cup in the Far East earlier this year.

He has joined up with fellow countrymen Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Lucas Leiva in Rodgers’ squad.

Liverpool have already bolstered their youth ranks this summer with the signings of highly-rated Dutch winger Bobby Adekanye from Barcelona and Brooks Lennon from Real Salt Lake.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-sign-brazilian-prodigy-9772689

Sounds like he might head back and play for Internacional for a bit
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,410 posts | 693 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Aug 01, 2015 05:43:06 pm
      Nearly enough for a full Brazilian five-a-side team.
      Good luck Allan ... be the next Sócrates ... please....
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #15: Aug 01, 2015 07:34:32 pm

Good luck Allan ... be the next Sócrates ... please....

Yeah, we'll have the skills and the talent, maybe leave the smoking 20 a day and the boozing out. ;D

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,324 posts | 1750 
      Reply #16: Aug 01, 2015 08:48:36 pm
      Welcome kid
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,137 posts | 2074 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Aug 01, 2015 10:38:59 pm
      how a kid on trial is even news just shows you how much players are under the microscope these days. Times have changed and we are all becoming Analytical masters almost seems pointless having scouts haha.

This is an LFC forum.
      That may have escaped your notice.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #18: Aug 02, 2015 09:34:19 am
      One things for sure him and Joe won't be on the pitch at the same time, it's like a neville neville game.

Welcome to Liverpool son. YNWA

I tell you something though, he can spot a through ball......

https://youtu.be/BhYtHiur-7k

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #19: Aug 02, 2015 09:48:18 am
      Good to see it's a done deal even if it's still unclear whether he's staying with us or going back to Brazil.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,737 posts | 601 
      Reply #20: Sep 02, 2015 10:37:38 pm
      Officially signed and gone out on loan in Finland:

Reds complete Allan Rodrigues de Souza deal
      Liverpool Football Club can confirm the signing of Allan Rodrigues de Souza from Internacional.

The 18-year-old has immediately joined Finnish side Seinajoen Jalkapallokerho on loan until January.

Allan first arrived at the club earlier this summer having been granted permission by Internacional to spend some time with the Reds.

The midfielder becomes the fourth Brazilian currently at Liverpool, joining Lucas Leiva, Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino.

He’s represented the Reds’ U21s side this summer in three friendlies, scoring in a clash with Birmingham City last week.

Allan was also included in the first-team squad for the pre-season friendly trip to Helsinki last month.

Seems like they are the second best team in Finland after HJK who we played in the pre-season game.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,518 posts | 255 
      Reply #21: Sep 04, 2015 05:15:43 am
      will end up at swindon on loan.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #22: Sep 11, 2015 05:43:43 pm
      Munch101
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 379 posts | 48 
      Reply #23: Sep 12, 2015 02:49:27 pm
      Decent to score on your debut. Gives you confidence for the next few games which will make him play better then he'll be nailed on as a starter and score more and be top scorer then come back to Liverpool and carry on scoring goals here and then will become the next Messi. ...hopefully.

Well done though.
      Clevadani
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 24, 2015 05:15:03 pm
      Just watched the highlights of a game he played yesterday. I feel he is talented. He scored for his side directly from a  corner and was responsible for all the goals they scored.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2015 09:49:43 pm
      Won the Finnish league and should be returning to be assessed, but I still don't think he's eligible for a work permit? So maybe he'll be shipped out again.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #26: Oct 29, 2015 04:57:28 pm
      https://vimeo.com/143993886

Best of from his loan spell at SJK Seinajoki
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #27: Mar 15, 2016 10:05:07 pm
      Great comments from the Boss.  Also good that he's got his call up to the u20 Brazil squad as it could help with his work permit.

Jürgen Klopp today expressed his admiration for the progress of on-loan Liverpool youngster Allan, who was called up by Brazil U20s for a training camp in Rio de Janeiro this week as his development continues.

The 19-year-old midfielder is one of only three players from clubs based in Europe to be involved in his country’s preparations for the South American Youth Championship in Ecuador, which serves as a qualifying tournament for the 2017 U20 World Cup.

Allan’s performances in helping SJK win the Finnish title for the first time and most recently for Belgium’s Sint-Truidense – where he has featured against the likes of Club Brugge, Standard Liege and Anderlecht – have caught the eye of coach Rogerio Micale.

And that of his club manager too, who has revealed why initial glimpses of the Brazilian in training were enough to convince him of the former Internacional starlet’s long-term potential.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “When I came here, one or two months later Allan was here and I said ‘who is this?’. ‘He is a player for us and the week before he became a champion in Finland.’ ‘Interesting - why didn’t he play here?’ ‘Because it’s not possible.’ And then I started learning about the FA rules and things like this.

"I saw him in training and I thought ‘oh my God, what can we do to keep this boy here and bring him into the line-up?’ He’s 19 years old, an outstanding talent, a good player with a good attitude, everybody loves him, he’s a nice lad – so that’s really, really good. He’s a smart player.

"There is no chance in this moment here because he can’t get the permission to play here, so we have to send him out on loan. We sent him to Belgium and he did well, really well until now. We had no doubts about this, it was a good transfer for both sides.

"Now for the first time he has got an invitation for the national U20 team, and that’s great. It’s really deserved because he’s an outstanding talent. Everybody has seen him, but it’s not too easy to have a lot of pictures of him because most of the time he has played in other countries.

"We hope we can find a solution in the future because he will be a fixed part of the squad in the future, for sure. Now he uses this time to improve and the next step to the U20 national team of Brazil is a great story.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/211611-klopp-delighted-with-allan-progress-following-brazil-u20-call-up
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #28: Mar 17, 2016 08:11:05 am
      From watching the video the kids got a wand of a left foot. I don't honestly know how good the Finnish league is, but he looked different class in there. Great passing range though, and definite possibilities.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | 54 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2016 08:12:29 am
      Great comments, he seems to really fancy this lad. Hopefully we have unearthed a gem.

Last player to play first in Finland wasn't bad either! #Hyppia
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2016 09:21:10 am
      Great comments, he seems to really fancy this lad. Hopefully we have unearthed a gem.

Last player to play first in Finland wasn't bad either! #Hyppia

#noneedforahashtag
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,966 posts | 2368 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2016 12:08:17 pm
      Any Belgian League aficionados out there? How's he going? Anything?

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2016 12:10:10 pm

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)

Yes, the waffles are great but don't make any jokes about phlegm and the Flemish, they don't take them that well...

In all seriousness what great comments from Klopp. Man management at its best, hopefully the U20 call up helps his permit issue and he can be involved next year.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2016 04:57:12 pm

Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2016 05:31:52 pm
      Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.

Welcome to the forum mate and thanks for the info. Great to hear he's so highly rated by those that watch him regularly, it seems Klopp agrees too!
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #35: Apr 03, 2016 02:31:11 am
      Started against KV Mechelen today in Play-Off II. Didn't have the greatest of games. Sloppy in possession and a few misplaced passes in the first half. As the game went on, he started to play a bit better, but overall an average game. He eventually got substituted in the 65th minute. Looking forward to his next game.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2016 09:07:51 pm
      Was in the starting eleven again against Charleroi today. Played better than his last game.

- Good positioning and cutting of the opponent's passing lines
      - Good movement
      - Passing was better
      - Decent workrate

Overall he was pretty decent. One ugly foul to break of a counter attack which resulted in a yellow card. Substituted again in the 65th minute.

Sint-Truiden games aren't exactly the most exciting games to watch, but I'll do anything to give a meaningful contribution to the forum!
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2016 01:40:42 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2016 01:48:15 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 136 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2016 01:51:36 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?

Work permit.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,966 posts | 2368 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2016 06:21:21 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.

So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #41: Apr 17, 2016 06:53:11 am
      So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.

Has a peach of a left foot and one of the best dead ball deliveries too but yeah he's a proper DM.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2016 02:14:46 am
      Quite the surprise today, no place in the starting eleven for Allan and stuck on the bench for the full 90 minutes. Saw his team get a 2-2 draw against Lokeren.

There are two games left to play. Let's hope we see some more of him then. It will be interesting to see what Klopp's plans are with him for next season.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #43: May 02, 2016 01:12:08 am
      A bit late with the usual update, but then again, there wasn't much to update you guys on. He started on the bench again against KV Mechelen in a 2-2 draw.

The manager is giving other young Belgians some chances in the starting eleven and it seems to be working for them. They are picking up some points against better teams. My guess is his season is over, there's only one game left to play and I can't disagree with giving other players some chances instead of a player on loan who is gone at the end of the season. Sint-Truiden has to rebuild the squad.

Really curious about what's going to happen with him next season. If we really want to see what he's worth, he will have to play in a better league and in a better team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2016 11:56:36 pm
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #45: May 08, 2016 12:02:46 am
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.

I still feel Can needs a ball playing midfielder along side him, could Allan be that player? :o
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #46: May 08, 2016 12:15:33 am
      We need to get a work permit for him before we can make such plans though. I just think with the numbers we'll have in midfield next season that Rossiter was at the bottom of the pecking order, doesn't make sense to give him a new deal.
      Joey B
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,615 posts | 34 
      Reply #47: May 09, 2016 09:54:21 am
      Seems to be a bit of a comparison with the Origi deal.He ( Origi ) had problems getting game time towards the end of his loan spell.
      Now,question is.....Once they ( Origi & Allan ) have LFC on their minds,is it difficult to perform at their best ?
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2016 06:02:43 pm
      Allan Rodrigues de Souza to be loaned out again this summer

Liverpool will loan out young Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza again this summer.

The 19-year-old joined the Reds from Internacional last September, but does not yet qualify for a UK work permit.

Subsequently, he has spent this season out on loan, first in Finland with SJK and more recently with Sint-Truidense in Belgium, where his performances have caught the eye.

He has made nine appearances in the Jupiler Pro League, and Liverpool have been made aware of serious interest in Allan from clubs in France, Spain and Holland this summer.

Allan is currently away with Brazil U20s in South Korea for a warm-up tournament ahead of next year’s U20 World Cup. He featured in a 1-1 draw against the hosts on Wednesday, playing 80 minutes, and has upcoming games against Japan and France.

He is rated by Klopp, who spoke glowingly about the youngster earlier this year. Liverpool are keen for him to gather as much senior experience as possible as they look to navigate their way past the FA’s new work permit rules.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfers-allan-rodrigues-de-11360716

It will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Interest from Spain, France and Holland. The Dutch Eredivisie is around the same level as the Belgian Jupiler Pro League, so I'm guessing he will be off to either Spain or France then. If that's the case, I'll do my best to keep following him.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #49: May 20, 2016 06:53:19 pm
      It will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Interest from Spain, France and Holland. The Dutch Eredivisie is around the same level as the Belgian Jupiler Pro League, so I'm guessing he will be off to either Spain or France then. If that's the case, I'll do my best to keep following him.

Thanks for your updates, Danzel!

I'm hoping a Spanish club comes in for him, will be easier to follow him.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2016 11:59:31 am
      No idea how to do videos so if some kind person could do it for me please  :gt-happyup:

Allan Rodrigues de Souza again showed evidence of his potential with a winning goal for Brazil U20s against France on Sunday.

The Liverpool midfielder decided the game – held in Suwon, South Korea – by breaking free behind the backline and poking a left-footer underneath the goalkeeper.

It handed his country a 2-1 victory over their European opponents and is the latest eye-catching moment from the 19-year-old who joined the Reds in September 2015.

A loan spell with SJK saw Allan play a major role in securing the club’s first Finnish title, and he subsequently made nine appearances for Belgian side Sint-Truidense in the second half of the season.

Click play below to watch his goal for Brazil U20s.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/222792-watch-allan-scores-winning-goal-for-brazil-u20s
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #51: May 24, 2016 12:13:07 pm
      No idea how to do videos so if some kind person could do it for me please  :gt-happyup:

Allan Rodrigues de Souza again showed evidence of his potential with a winning goal for Brazil U20s against France on Sunday.

The Liverpool midfielder decided the game – held in Suwon, South Korea – by breaking free behind the backline and poking a left-footer underneath the goalkeeper.

It handed his country a 2-1 victory over their European opponents and is the latest eye-catching moment from the 19-year-old who joined the Reds in September 2015.

A loan spell with SJK saw Allan play a major role in securing the club’s first Finnish title, and he subsequently made nine appearances for Belgian side Sint-Truidense in the second half of the season.

Click play below to watch his goal for Brazil U20s.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/222792-watch-allan-scores-winning-goal-for-brazil-u20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fUPKvZo9ZE

Just copy and paste the youtube link, that's it :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #52: May 24, 2016 12:32:52 pm

Thanks mate.

Nice little cheeky goal that, good strength too to see off the defender to make a bit of space for himself.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Jun 04, 2016 11:37:55 pm
      By what i saw he is very talented but still slow for EPL imo.

He need do exactly the same thing, but faster.

A loan to Spain or Netherlands will not help.

He should play in the Bundesliga to learn.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #54: Jul 26, 2016 10:47:03 am
      Has gone to Hertha Berlin for the season.

Absolutely fantastic move for the lad and will help us massively in getting his work permit sorted.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #55: Jul 26, 2016 10:59:04 am
      By what i saw he is very talented but still slow for EPL imo.

He need do exactly the same thing, but faster.

A loan to Spain or Netherlands will not help.

He should play in the Bundesliga to learn.

Totally agree.

I think somewhere like Hertha Berlin would be ideal.

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2016 11:03:56 am
      Good luck to him, will give me an excuse to watch the Bundesliga highlight programme now.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2016 11:20:14 am
      Great move for him, big step up, hopefully he will do well!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2016 03:02:37 pm

Absolutely fantastic move for the lad and will help us massively in getting his work permit sorted.

Fantastic news Debs, I've only heard good things about this lad and if we don't want to lose him we need to get this permit sorted.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,844 posts | 519 
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2016 03:30:44 pm

Agree it should be a good experience for him, but help me understand what needs to happen for him to get a work permit. I thought a player had to appear in X percent of his nation's full international games to qualify...OR... he could play and work in an EU country for a certain number of years and then qualify for an EU passport which would take care of his work permit issues ...EXCEPT...there was this little election you had a while back (you may have heard about it) and seemingly that avenue to getting a work permit might be disappearing....No?

Hoping for someone with expertise to enlighten me on this. He is a big-time talent, it seems pretty clear.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2016 04:12:54 pm
      Agree it should be a good experience for him, but help me understand what needs to happen for him to get a work permit. I thought a player had to appear in X percent of his nation's full international games to qualify...OR... he could play and work in an EU country for a certain number of years and then qualify for an EU passport which would take care of his work permit issues ...EXCEPT...there was this little election you had a while back (you may have heard about it) and seemingly that avenue to getting a work permit might be disappearing....No?

Hoping for someone with expertise to enlighten me on this. He is a big-time talent, it seems pretty clear.

He needs 5 points to qualify mate.

He'll get 1 for playing in 1 of the top European leagues, 1 if he plays 30% of their league games, another for playing EL games which they're in, another 1 if we offer him around £30/40k per wk in his next contract and the other if he gets some national team appearances.  Or if we can argue the case for him being an exceptional talent.

At least after this season we'll have a better chance of sorting it out.

The easier way is through already being a regular for the senior Brazil team and/or being signed for a big fee on big wages but we picked him up on a free.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2016 04:17:58 pm
      Hertha Berlin seems like a good level for him to play at.

Hopefully he gets regular games with these lads and can develop to the point where we can get him a work permit. Will keep an eye out for how he is doing this season, seems like a good prospect who Klopp rates.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2016 04:22:32 pm
      He is 19 years old plays as a DM is only 5' 6",  he is going to have to be some sort of exceptional talent to make it in the EPL, unless he has some sort of engine on him like Kante.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2016 04:50:06 pm
      Goodluck Allan. Hope next year you will be one of our 'Summer signing'.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,682 posts | 2594 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2016 04:53:54 pm
      He is 19 years old plays as a DM is only 5' 6",  he is going to have to be some sort of exceptional talent to make it in the EPL, unless he has some sort of engine on him like Kante.

Mascherano is hardly a giant with an engine but he done alright. His height and age is irrelevant if he's good enough.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza (On Loan at Hertha Berlin)
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2016 06:01:09 pm

Supposedly Klopp seriously rates him and picked out the club for him to progress.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,844 posts | 519 
      Reply #66: Jul 26, 2016 08:28:40 pm
      He needs 5 points to qualify mate.

He'll get 1 for playing in 1 of the top European leagues, 1 if he plays 30% of their league games, another for playing EL games which they're in, another 1 if we offer him around £30/40k per wk in his next contract and the other if he gets some national team appearances.  Or if we can argue the case for him being an exceptional talent.

At least after this season we'll have a better chance of sorting it out.

The easier way is through already being a regular for the senior Brazil team and/or being signed for a big fee on big wages but we picked him up on a free.

Thank you as always. Would Belgium last season have counted as a "top league" if he played enough matches?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,469 posts | 579 
      Reply #67: Jul 26, 2016 08:36:37 pm
      Seems like a decent player along with Allan Josefo de Xaviero
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #68: Jul 26, 2016 08:36:45 pm
      Thank you as always. Would Belgium last season have counted as a "top league" if he played enough matches?

Unfortunately no mate. 

The 5 top leagues are considered to be here, Germany, France, Spain and Italy which is why it was important we got him into one of those leagues this season and preferably at a team playing in Europe.  I know HB have still to get through the qualifying rounds for the EL but hopefully they'll make it through.

He's getting noticed though as he was selected for the Brazilian u19s training camp this summer, one of only 3 players based in Europe to do so.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #69: Jul 26, 2016 08:47:07 pm

Belgium, sadly, doesn't qualify as one of the top leagues.

"The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes."

I think that only includes the Bundesliga, La Liga and the Serie A.

It's good that we're putting in the clause in the contracts of our players out on loan that they have to play a minimum amount of minutes / games, I doubt he would get much time on the field otherwise. With Skjelbred, Darida and Cigergi, he'd face some tough competition. Hertha Berlin is a huuuuge step up from Sint-Truidense, where he spent the second half of last season. I"ll try to keep track of his development again. Really curious and looking forward to the new season!
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,844 posts | 519 
      Reply #70: Jul 26, 2016 08:51:46 pm
      So it's the top 5, and those 5 you list have been "the big 5" as long as I can remember. But you probably know that two of them have been displaced from the top 5 of the UEFA coefficient:

1.    Germany   40,236
      2.    Spain   37,962
      3.    England   35,963
      4.    Portugal   35,138
      5.    Belgium   34,442
      6.    Italy   34,345

7.    Netherlands   33,679
      8.    France   33,599
      9.    Russia   31,345
      10.     Switzerland   31,25

Wouldn't have mattered for Allan anyway as he played just 9 games for the Belgian side, but interesting how arbitrary that is by....is it the Home Office?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,558 posts | 93 
      Reply #71: Jul 26, 2016 09:26:30 pm
      for me this is ridiculous, I think this is an FA rule, he can play in Germany,and spain and he cannot play in England
      did not see much of the lad , bt from what I read about him ,he is very good for his age

lets hope he does good and qualify to play in England next season
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #72: Jul 26, 2016 09:27:59 pm
      Mascherano is hardly a giant with an engine but he done alright. His height and age is irrelevant if he's good enough.

Masch is a warrior you don't find many like him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #73: Jul 26, 2016 09:39:40 pm
      So it's the top 5, and those 5 you list have been "the big 5" as long as I can remember. But you probably know that two of them have been displaced from the top 5 of the UEFA coefficient:

1.    Germany   40,236
      2.    Spain   37,962
      3.    England   35,963
      4.    Portugal   35,138
      5.    Belgium   34,442
      6.    Italy   34,345

7.    Netherlands   33,679
      8.    France   33,599
      9.    Russia   31,345
      10.     Switzerland   31,25

Wouldn't have mattered for Allan anyway as he played just 9 games for the Belgian side, but interesting how arbitrary that is by....is it the Home Office?

No it's FA rules mate.  It's supposedly to "protect" our own young talent by stopping clubs from shipping in hundreds of talented players from around the world that isn't Europe.  Non EU immigration has, to a certain extent, comply with HO rules in that there has to be a "need" that can't be fulfilled by EU immigrants, hence the "exceptional" talent tag.

It's complicated and has prevented us from using quite a few players that we've signed in the past, including some from America.  Pedro and Canos had to wait nearly 12 months to get WPs when we signed them from Spain.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,682 posts | 2594 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Jul 26, 2016 09:55:49 pm
      Masch is a warrior you don't find many like him.

He wont be the last
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #75: Jul 26, 2016 10:02:11 pm

Aye we could do with 1 or 2.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,200 posts | 631 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #76: Jul 27, 2016 10:41:38 pm
      That's a great move for Allan. He'll learn so much in the Bundesliga.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #77: Aug 27, 2016 06:24:47 pm
      Hoping Allan will start tomorrow as Hertha Berlin are live on BT sports at 14:30 BST.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #78: Aug 28, 2016 01:45:49 pm
      He's on the bench for Hertha.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #79: Aug 28, 2016 06:46:10 pm
      Was left on the bench as Hertha manage to get a 95th minute winner.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #80: Aug 28, 2016 06:53:00 pm
      Was left on the bench as Hertha manage to get a 95th minute winner.

Yeah, I switched over on the 89th thinking it had ended 1-0... rofl.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #81: Sep 04, 2016 02:35:47 pm
      He's playing for Brazil against England at u20s live on btsport3 if anyone's interested.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #82: Sep 04, 2016 03:15:14 pm
      He's playing for Brazil against England at u20s live on btsport3 if anyone's interested.

damn, missed first half. How was he?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #83: Sep 04, 2016 03:24:19 pm
      damn, missed first half. How was he?

All over the place, as in covering every blade of grass.  Got booked late in the half for dissent.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts | 37 
      Reply #84: Sep 05, 2016 06:25:29 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Sep 05, 2016 06:37:59 pm
      Good to see he's making the grade at youth level for Brazil.

However that match reminded me of the hilarious sight of seeing Aidy Boothroyd tasked with developing the young, exciting and technically gifted youngsters of England. That's akin to appointing the head of ISIS to become chairman of Amnesty International!
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #86: Sep 05, 2016 06:45:14 pm

Looks to be my kinda #6, would love to see him more! Hopefully, he can become a regular for Hertha
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts | 37 
      Reply #87: Sep 05, 2016 07:58:00 pm
      Good to see he's making the grade at youth level for Brazil.

However that match reminded me of the hilarious sight of seeing Aidy Boothroyd tasked with developing the young, exciting and technically gifted youngsters of England. That's akin to appointing the head of ISIS to become chairman of Amnesty International!

Problem for your young players is that the league have too much money to buy big names, and the kids have very few game time.
      At the same age the better prospects in Brazil and Argentina have a lot of experience as starters in their local big teams, in games of the Libertadores(south americam CL), that are tough and violent and with huge pression, and with their nt.

Another european leagues use more their local players.
      And the youngsters from Spain or Germany, are open to move to another leagues.

Apparently the young English do not like the idea of playing out of England..

A kid like that manc Rashford, for example, if he was Brazilian he would never accept to stay on the bench the entire season now..he should move to Spain, German, etc.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,567 posts | 201 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Reply #88: Sep 21, 2016 06:09:08 pm
      Makes his first start for Hertha tonight... against Bayern Munich. Good luck lad.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #89: Sep 21, 2016 06:15:34 pm
      Makes his first start for Hertha tonight... against Bayern Munich. Good luck lad.

Thanks for this, doesn't seem to be on TV so I will probably watch the full match somewhere tomorrow online.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #90: Sep 21, 2016 06:23:23 pm
      Thanks for this, doesn't seem to be on TV so I will probably watch the full match somewhere tomorrow online.

It's on BT Sport ESPN if you have access to that.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #91: Sep 21, 2016 07:09:47 pm

Here's a stream if you want to watch:

http://nl.strikeout.me/soccer/414085/1/bayern-munich-vs-hertha-berlin

Tough game for the lad to start in. They probably won't see much of the ball. Judging from the first few minutes, he is playing in a slightly more advanced role than I'm used to seeing him play, it's similar to Wijnaldum's and Lallana's. Lustenberger is the more defensive midfielder of the two.

EDIT: 1-0 for Bayern after 15 minutes, cracking goal by Ribery. Could have been 3-0 up already.

PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #92: Sep 21, 2016 07:54:16 pm
      Tough game for the lad to start in. They probably won't see much of the ball. Judging from the first few minutes, he is playing in a slightly more advanced role than I'm used to seeing him play, it's similar to Wijnaldum's and Lallana's. Lustenberger is the more defensive midfielder of the two.

I agree with this.

Difficult to judge Allan in this game, but each time he's gotten to ball, he has done well with it.

Can't see much changing in the second half, might switch to Real match tbh.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #93: Sep 21, 2016 08:27:56 pm
      Just had a shocker, sat on the ball in his own box and robbed of it by Thiago for an easy goal for Bayern. Hopefully something to learn from
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,567 posts | 201 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Reply #94: Sep 21, 2016 08:33:40 pm
      Don't think I'll judge the lad too much on tonight, baptism of fire and from the very first minute Hertha were pinned back. A tough lesson for the lad but a lesson nonetheless.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,240 posts | 987 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #95: Sep 22, 2016 01:18:33 pm
      Great to see one of our lads on loan playing a monster side like Bayern. For years we had lads playing at places like Exeter or Crew or Darlington.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #96: Nov 04, 2016 09:23:40 pm
      Gone a bit quiet in here, so a little update:

He played the full 90 in a 1-0 loss against Hoffenheim, who are 4th in the league at the moment. Wasn't able to watch that game, but I might if I have some time tomorrow.

Today he came on early in the second half and played in a midfield two in a 4-2-3-1. It was an easy game though, 'that German team' (Borussia Mönchengladbach) were down to ten early in the first half after Kramer got his second yellow of the game. He often dropped deep between the two CB's or close to them to get on the ball and keep it going, pretty similar to what Henderson does for us and I think that's a great role for him. He has the passing range and defensive ability to do that. Hertha Berlin won 3-0 and are now 3rd in the league, so he's in good company and has played some top teams (Bayern, Hoffenheim and now Gladbach).
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #97: Dec 17, 2016 02:29:51 pm
      Allan starting against RB Leipzig in a minute! He always seems to start against the top teams. He is playing in midfield in what looks like a 4-4-2.

First half: 1-0. Leipzig by far the better team, have to admit, they play some good footie. Very high tempo, good pressing, well organised, I'm impressed. The stats say it all really: 67% vs 33% possession and 8 goal attempts vs 2 goal attempts. Can't say much about Allan as Hertha collectively didn't see much of the ball. The only thing I can say is his positioning has been good and put in some good challenges. His passing has been below his usual standard though.

Second half: Leipzig controlled the game. Hertha didn't even try, poor game by them. Allan tried to push his team higher up the field a few times, but to no avail. He was pretty much the only one showing some urgency. Nothing more to add, game ended 2-0.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2016 04:20:24 pm by Danzel »
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #98: May 20, 2017 04:31:26 pm
      Hertha Berlin qualified for Europa League, so it is likely Allan will stay for another season as they requested for another year :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #99: May 20, 2017 05:20:06 pm
      Hertha Berlin qualified for Europa League, so it is likely Allan will stay for another season as they requested for another year :)

Yeah he needs to anyway as he still doesn't qualify for a work permit yet.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #100: Aug 31, 2017 05:00:52 pm
      Joining Apollon Limassol on loan - interesting move after Hertha. But Apollon Limassol are in the same Europa League group as Everton...
      Go on son
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #101: Sep 28, 2017 08:19:21 pm
      Allan in the starting eleven for the game against the bitters in the EL if anyone is interested. (Playing right now.)

He is playing in what looks like a 4-3-3 as the left midfielder of the three. Similar to Wijnaldum's position. Saw him play more as the #6 for Hertha last season, interesting.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017 08:31:32 pm by Danzel »
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #102: Sep 28, 2017 08:55:19 pm
      Allan in the starting eleven for the game against the bitters in the EL if anyone is interested. (Playing right now.)

He is playing in what looks like a 4-3-3 as the left midfielder of the three. Similar to Wijnaldum's position. Saw him play more as the #6 for Hertha last season, interesting.

Thanks for the reminder, I was watching the Milan match for 30 mins, then saw your post and switched over :)

Not much to talk about from what I have seen so far as Apollon Limassolare are mainly defending and playing long balls. Hopefully, we will see Apollon Limassol play some football and see what Allan is capable of.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #103: Sep 28, 2017 10:42:05 pm
      Thanks for the reminder, I was watching the Milan match for 30 mins, then saw your post and switched over :)

Not much to talk about from what I have seen so far as Apollon Limassolare are mainly defending and playing long balls. Hopefully, we will see Apollon Limassol play some football and see what Allan is capable of.

It's a bit hard to really judge the lad on all the games I've seen from him. The three teams I've now seen him play for (Sint-Truiden, Hertha and Limassol tonight) are all teams that like to sit deep and then hit it quickly on the counter-attack. I don't know how they play in their domestic competition though.

There's been a clear change in his position. When he arrived he was more described as a mobile #6 and he's now playing more as an #8.

Just a few observations:

- He's really comfortable on the ball, even under pressure
      - Passing is very clean most of the time
      - Moves across the pitch well
      - Gives cover when needed 
      - Good positioning again tonight (as far as I saw, he's much more aware of his surroundings compared to Can for example who you rarely see checking)

A few moments where he could have done better were one long diagonal that he completely missed and once where he tried to break off a counter-attack on Everton's half but didn't get to it enough and left a huge gap in midfield.

I think he's being held back a bit by the general quality of his team and I still find it a strange team to loan him to. There were a few occasions where he was leading the press but his teammates didn't follow and he was visible annoyed by it. I noticed that a few times at Hertha too. He's natural instinct clearly isn't to sit deep and soak up pressure.

I'd love to see him play for a team that dominates possession a bit more.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #104: Sep 29, 2017 04:47:19 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOKeq7OluZ0

First video of this kind I've found from him. Every touch in there (apart from the missed long diagonal it seems, haha)

Look tailor made for the #8 role in our system. A few good turns and quick passes in transition, good under pressure, clean passing (short and long) and good pressing.

Don't want to say he'll be good enough to do it for us, but everything I've seen from him over the past 2 years looks good and he's developing well it seems.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #105: Sep 29, 2017 04:51:18 pm
      I think he took a couple of poor free kicks and corners,so yeah get him in the first team. :)
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #106: Sep 29, 2017 05:32:54 pm
      Look tailor made for the #8 role in our system. A few good turns and quick passes in transition, good under pressure, clean passing (short and long) and good pressing.

Adding to what you mentioned earlier post, his positional and player awareness is very good. His distribution seems Lucas like from deep but with more of a range on him. I think he looks tailor made for the #6 position from the little i have seen of him in this match and at Hertha.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,288 posts | 1738 
      Reply #107: Sep 29, 2017 06:10:12 pm

First video of this kind I've found from him. Every touch in there (apart from the missed long diagonal it seems, haha)

Don't want to say he'll be good enough to do it for us, but everything I've seen from him over the past 2 years looks good and he's developing well it seems.

The signs are there though.
      Now I suppose it depends on if he can step up to the next level.
      Looking at this, he has the technical ability, so it's really up to the lad himself to keep working hard.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #108: Sep 29, 2017 07:50:43 pm
      Adding to what you mentioned earlier post, his positional and player awareness is very good. His distribution seems Lucas like from deep but with more of a range on him. I think he looks tailor made for the #6 position from the little i have seen of him in this match and at Hertha.

His distribution from deep is indeed Lucas-like, which is why I had compared him to Lucas when I was watching him at Sint-Truiden and when he occasionaly played there for Hertha.

Either Klopp wants him to play the #8 role or Limassol's manager rates him higher as an #8 than as a #6 right now. The only 'problem' or 'negative' with him being a #6 in our current team is that he's another small player in one of the few positions we should be looking at taller players.

He would of course be perfect cover in case of injuries or in certain games where teams sit deeper and his distribution from deep would be a big plus.

The signs are there though.
      Now I suppose it depends on if he can step up to the next level.
      Looking at this, he has the technical ability, so it's really up to the lad himself to keep working hard.

The signs are certainly there, which is why I still don't get the loan move. He was often used at Hertha to play in all the games against the bigger teams. You'd expect him to make the next step and move to a better team or a team at a level similar as Hertha's. Limassol looks like a step down in a league where they don't have much competition other than Apoel Nicosia I think it is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,288 posts | 1738 
      Reply #109: Sep 29, 2017 09:53:11 pm

The signs are certainly there, which is why I still don't get the loan move. He was often used at Hertha to play in all the games against the bigger teams. You'd expect him to make the next step and move to a better team or a team at a level similar as Hertha's. Limassol looks like a step down in a league where they don't have much competition other than Apoel Nicosia I think it is.

Last I read, he was still having work permit issues.
      That was a while ago, but if he's still having problems it would explain a few things.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,844 posts | 519 
      Reply #110: Sep 29, 2017 10:56:36 pm
      Last I read, he was still having work permit issues.
      That was a while ago, but if he's still having problems it would explain a few things.

This.

I think with this club he is virtually guaranteed to start most league games and a lot of European games too. Whatever dark art is involved in knowing the formula for a work permit, i think Liverpool were looking for a way he could play in continental matches.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,518 posts | 255 
      Reply #111: Sep 30, 2017 03:41:52 am
      Decomposer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
      Reply #112: Sep 30, 2017 12:59:45 pm

Thought he looked pretty poor?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,730 posts | 220 
      Reply #113: Jan 10, 2018 10:25:01 pm
      Any updates on his performances?
      After all the work the club has gone through to get him a permit to play in England, I am massively hoping that he turns out to be worth waiting for.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #114: Jan 10, 2018 10:40:15 pm
      Any updates on his performances?
      After all the work the club has gone through to get him a permit to play in England, I am massively hoping that he turns out to be worth waiting for.

I have a feeling he was bought as a punt to increase his value before selling on.
      He hardly got a game at Hertha and not really a regular this season at Limassol.

I doubt we will see him at Anfield.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,730 posts | 220 
      Reply #115: Jan 11, 2018 12:59:24 am
      I have a feeling he was bought as a punt to increase his value before selling on.
      He hardly got a game at Hertha and not really a regular this season at Limassol.

That’s now my present opinion also.
      Felt a year back that if he was a possible Liverpool player that it would have happened.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 942 posts | 788 
      Reply #116: Jan 11, 2018 02:46:22 am
      That’s now my present opinion also.
      Felt a year back that if he was a possible Liverpool player that it would have happened.

That what exactly would have happened? He doesn't qualify for a work permit, so he couldn't have played for Liverpool yet.

Played his share at Berlin, usually in the top games (started against Bayern, RB Leipzig, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, ...) Loan players don't often start all games. I watched him occasionally and he did fairly well.

So far this season 14 starts and 3 subsitute appearances. That's not bad at all? Just over 1,000 minutes played so far. He does play regularly, does get left out ocassionally. Recently had a run of 6 starts in the side too. I'd watch him if he was playing in a better league, but I prefer watching other games over the Cyprus league.

He's still only 20 years old. You could be right, but I liked what I saw from him in the games that I saw him play in at Sint-Truiden, Berlin and two Europa League games for Limassol.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2018 03:05:45 am by Danzel »
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #117: Oct 02, 2018 01:44:21 am

Quick Reply