Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Allan Rodrigues De Souza

Read 13561 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2016 09:21:10 am
      Great comments, he seems to really fancy this lad. Hopefully we have unearthed a gem.

Last player to play first in Finland wasn't bad either! #Hyppia

#noneedforahashtag
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,951 posts | 2367 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2016 12:08:17 pm
      Any Belgian League aficionados out there? How's he going? Anything?

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2016 12:10:10 pm

(If not, feel free to make something up as no one else would have a clue if you're right or wrong)

Yes, the waffles are great but don't make any jokes about phlegm and the Flemish, they don't take them that well...

In all seriousness what great comments from Klopp. Man management at its best, hopefully the U20 call up helps his permit issue and he can be involved next year.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2016 04:57:12 pm

Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2016 05:31:52 pm
      Hi! First post ever here, I live in Belgium.

Haven't seen him play a lot myself, but what I have seen, was very promising. The Sint-Truiden supporters over here absolutely love him and say it's a shame he got injured this season. Some even go as far as saying he is one of the better midfielders in Belgium, I can't confirm that though, haven't seen enough of him myself, but I'll try to keep a close look at him in the play-offs.

Welcome to the forum mate and thanks for the info. Great to hear he's so highly rated by those that watch him regularly, it seems Klopp agrees too!
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #35: Apr 03, 2016 02:31:11 am
      Started against KV Mechelen today in Play-Off II. Didn't have the greatest of games. Sloppy in possession and a few misplaced passes in the first half. As the game went on, he started to play a bit better, but overall an average game. He eventually got substituted in the 65th minute. Looking forward to his next game.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2016 09:07:51 pm
      Was in the starting eleven again against Charleroi today. Played better than his last game.

- Good positioning and cutting of the opponent's passing lines
      - Good movement
      - Passing was better
      - Decent workrate

Overall he was pretty decent. One ugly foul to break of a counter attack which resulted in a yellow card. Substituted again in the 65th minute.

Sint-Truiden games aren't exactly the most exciting games to watch, but I'll do anything to give a meaningful contribution to the forum!
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2016 01:40:42 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2016 01:48:15 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 136 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2016 01:51:36 am
      Is he playing abroad for work permit reasons or just to get him some game time?

Work permit.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,951 posts | 2367 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2016 06:21:21 am
      Here I am again with the weekly Allan match report!

Another place in the starting eleven, this time against Lokeren (Arguably the best team in Sint-Truidens' play-off group.)

Went about his business as usual and this time it was for the full 90 minutes!

- Always makes himself available for the back four
      - Good positioning again
      - Tidy in possession, a few decent long balls

I would love to see him play for a better team than Sint-Truiden though, it really isn't hard to stand out there.

So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #41: Apr 17, 2016 06:53:11 am
      So he's a mini-Lucas! :D I'm on board with that.

Thanks for the update again, mate.

Has a peach of a left foot and one of the best dead ball deliveries too but yeah he's a proper DM.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2016 02:14:46 am
      Quite the surprise today, no place in the starting eleven for Allan and stuck on the bench for the full 90 minutes. Saw his team get a 2-2 draw against Lokeren.

There are two games left to play. Let's hope we see some more of him then. It will be interesting to see what Klopp's plans are with him for next season.
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #43: May 02, 2016 01:12:08 am
      A bit late with the usual update, but then again, there wasn't much to update you guys on. He started on the bench again against KV Mechelen in a 2-2 draw.

The manager is giving other young Belgians some chances in the starting eleven and it seems to be working for them. They are picking up some points against better teams. My guess is his season is over, there's only one game left to play and I can't disagree with giving other players some chances instead of a player on loan who is gone at the end of the season. Sint-Truiden has to rebuild the squad.

Really curious about what's going to happen with him next season. If we really want to see what he's worth, he will have to play in a better league and in a better team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,501 posts | 2526 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2016 11:56:36 pm
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #45: May 08, 2016 12:02:46 am
      This guy had obviously caught the eye of Jürgen hence why Rossiter is moving on.

I still feel Can needs a ball playing midfielder along side him, could Allan be that player? :o
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #46: May 08, 2016 12:15:33 am
      We need to get a work permit for him before we can make such plans though. I just think with the numbers we'll have in midfield next season that Rossiter was at the bottom of the pecking order, doesn't make sense to give him a new deal.
      Joey B
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,615 posts | 34 
      Reply #47: May 09, 2016 09:54:21 am
      Seems to be a bit of a comparison with the Origi deal.He ( Origi ) had problems getting game time towards the end of his loan spell.
      Now,question is.....Once they ( Origi & Allan ) have LFC on their minds,is it difficult to perform at their best ?
      Danzel
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 783 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2016 06:02:43 pm
      Allan Rodrigues de Souza to be loaned out again this summer

Liverpool will loan out young Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza again this summer.

The 19-year-old joined the Reds from Internacional last September, but does not yet qualify for a UK work permit.

Subsequently, he has spent this season out on loan, first in Finland with SJK and more recently with Sint-Truidense in Belgium, where his performances have caught the eye.

He has made nine appearances in the Jupiler Pro League, and Liverpool have been made aware of serious interest in Allan from clubs in France, Spain and Holland this summer.

Allan is currently away with Brazil U20s in South Korea for a warm-up tournament ahead of next year’s U20 World Cup. He featured in a 1-1 draw against the hosts on Wednesday, playing 80 minutes, and has upcoming games against Japan and France.

He is rated by Klopp, who spoke glowingly about the youngster earlier this year. Liverpool are keen for him to gather as much senior experience as possible as they look to navigate their way past the FA’s new work permit rules.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfers-allan-rodrigues-de-11360716

It will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Interest from Spain, France and Holland. The Dutch Eredivisie is around the same level as the Belgian Jupiler Pro League, so I'm guessing he will be off to either Spain or France then. If that's the case, I'll do my best to keep following him.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #49: May 20, 2016 06:53:19 pm
      It will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. Interest from Spain, France and Holland. The Dutch Eredivisie is around the same level as the Belgian Jupiler Pro League, so I'm guessing he will be off to either Spain or France then. If that's the case, I'll do my best to keep following him.

Thanks for your updates, Danzel!

I'm hoping a Spanish club comes in for him, will be easier to follow him.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2016 11:59:31 am
      No idea how to do videos so if some kind person could do it for me please  :gt-happyup:

Allan Rodrigues de Souza again showed evidence of his potential with a winning goal for Brazil U20s against France on Sunday.

The Liverpool midfielder decided the game – held in Suwon, South Korea – by breaking free behind the backline and poking a left-footer underneath the goalkeeper.

It handed his country a 2-1 victory over their European opponents and is the latest eye-catching moment from the 19-year-old who joined the Reds in September 2015.

A loan spell with SJK saw Allan play a major role in securing the club’s first Finnish title, and he subsequently made nine appearances for Belgian side Sint-Truidense in the second half of the season.

Click play below to watch his goal for Brazil U20s.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/222792-watch-allan-scores-winning-goal-for-brazil-u20s
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,822 posts | 1359 
      Reply #51: May 24, 2016 12:13:07 pm
      No idea how to do videos so if some kind person could do it for me please  :gt-happyup:

Allan Rodrigues de Souza again showed evidence of his potential with a winning goal for Brazil U20s against France on Sunday.

The Liverpool midfielder decided the game – held in Suwon, South Korea – by breaking free behind the backline and poking a left-footer underneath the goalkeeper.

It handed his country a 2-1 victory over their European opponents and is the latest eye-catching moment from the 19-year-old who joined the Reds in September 2015.

A loan spell with SJK saw Allan play a major role in securing the club’s first Finnish title, and he subsequently made nine appearances for Belgian side Sint-Truidense in the second half of the season.

Click play below to watch his goal for Brazil U20s.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/222792-watch-allan-scores-winning-goal-for-brazil-u20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fUPKvZo9ZE

Just copy and paste the youtube link, that's it :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #52: May 24, 2016 12:32:52 pm

Thanks mate.

Nice little cheeky goal that, good strength too to see off the defender to make a bit of space for himself.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Jun 04, 2016 11:37:55 pm
      By what i saw he is very talented but still slow for EPL imo.

He need do exactly the same thing, but faster.

A loan to Spain or Netherlands will not help.

He should play in the Bundesliga to learn.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #54: Jul 26, 2016 10:47:03 am
      Has gone to Hertha Berlin for the season.

Absolutely fantastic move for the lad and will help us massively in getting his work permit sorted.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,822 posts | 2970 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #55: Jul 26, 2016 10:59:04 am
      By what i saw he is very talented but still slow for EPL imo.

He need do exactly the same thing, but faster.

A loan to Spain or Netherlands will not help.

He should play in the Bundesliga to learn.

Totally agree.

I think somewhere like Hertha Berlin would be ideal.

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2016 11:03:56 am
      Good luck to him, will give me an excuse to watch the Bundesliga highlight programme now.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2016 11:20:14 am
      Great move for him, big step up, hopefully he will do well!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2016 03:02:37 pm

Absolutely fantastic move for the lad and will help us massively in getting his work permit sorted.

Fantastic news Debs, I've only heard good things about this lad and if we don't want to lose him we need to get this permit sorted.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2016 03:30:44 pm

Agree it should be a good experience for him, but help me understand what needs to happen for him to get a work permit. I thought a player had to appear in X percent of his nation's full international games to qualify...OR... he could play and work in an EU country for a certain number of years and then qualify for an EU passport which would take care of his work permit issues ...EXCEPT...there was this little election you had a while back (you may have heard about it) and seemingly that avenue to getting a work permit might be disappearing....No?

Hoping for someone with expertise to enlighten me on this. He is a big-time talent, it seems pretty clear.

Quick Reply