Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 201480 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Jan 25, 2022 06:48:42 am
      He is world class but tonite mate Martinelli had the measure of him. If tonite wasn’t a one of performance he’s got the capabilities of joining Trent as world class.

What the actual F**k? I said this to a real Liverpool supporter on FB, who said the same sh*t as you.  So playing a really good first 15 mins and then a minute cameo near the end is having the measure of Trent is it? The guy on FB actually said Martinelli gave Trent a bath. Ummm pretty sure Trent had 2 assists and Martinelli, ummmmm....well all he did, was look really good for 16 minutes!!!

sh*t cu*ts both of u!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1013: Jan 25, 2022 09:27:21 am
      What the actual f**k? I said this to a real Liverpool supporter on FB, who said the same sh*t as you.  So playing a really good first 15 mins and then a minute cameo near the end is having the measure of Trent is it? The guy on FB actually said Martinelli gave Trent a bath. Ummm pretty sure Trent had 2 assists and Martinelli, ummmmm....well all he did, was look really good for 16 minutes!!!

Sh*t cu*ts both of u!!

Lockdown sent you dizzy  :roll: then again I always had you down as a dizzy Cnut anyway.  :f_whistle:  You can’t hide the facts Martinelli had the measure of him on couple of occasions in defence. What Trent did up the pitch isn’t relevant to my comment. 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1014: Jan 25, 2022 12:28:45 pm
      His offensive output far outweighs his defensive frailities. I'd rather have a fullback which marauds and creates so many chances that one who is just good defensively, moreso in a team like ours which controls 80 % of the games played.

I think every elite manager at a top club (maybe bar peak Mourinho) would prefer a fullback which plays like Trent than one which is just good defensively but doesnt offer as much on the offensive. Heck, even Mourinho had Maicon at Inter which was a very offensive fullback.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1015: Jan 25, 2022 02:18:10 pm
      What the actual f**k? I said this to a real Liverpool supporter on FB, who said the same sh*t as you.  So playing a really good first 15 mins and then a minute cameo near the end is having the measure of Trent is it? The guy on FB actually said Martinelli gave Trent a bath. Ummm pretty sure Trent had 2 assists and Martinelli, ummmmm....well all he did, was look really good for 16 minutes!!!

Sh*t cu*ts both of u!!

And what did Martinelli do in the game? Absolutely nothing. He's a speed merchant just like Traore.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1016: Jan 25, 2022 02:43:53 pm
      With all the talk about the Jota peno we have not heard anywhere near enough about the pass from Trent that led to it....really.....Stevie JanAlonso pass that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      Reply #1017: Jan 27, 2022 09:51:11 pm
      And what did Martinelli do in the game? Absolutely nothing. He's a speed merchant just like Traore.

spot on Brother!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1018: Feb 06, 2022 01:12:21 pm
      He’s Beckham is disguise with those crosses…
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1019: Feb 06, 2022 02:05:36 pm
      He’s Beckham is disguise with those crosses…

your pushing your luck mate. he has abetter ratio of assists and he is a defender
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1020: Feb 06, 2022 02:06:37 pm
      your pushing your luck mate. he has abetter ratio of assists and he is a defender

Far better footballer than Beckham
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1021: Feb 06, 2022 02:08:30 pm

Never scored as many though  ;)  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1022: Feb 06, 2022 02:09:50 pm

he isnt a selfish self obsessed c**t like Beckham thats why Ferguson got shut.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1023: Feb 06, 2022 02:09:51 pm
      Far better footballer than Beckham

Only in your dreams.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1024: Feb 06, 2022 02:13:58 pm

In reality

Beckham did well with what he had but Trent is a better footballer overall
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1025: Feb 07, 2022 08:49:15 pm
      Trent has made players like Beckham obsolete from a team thats how good he is Beckham wouldnt get in Liverpool's team why would he when we have Trent on one side and Robbo on the other
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1026: Feb 10, 2022 11:29:23 am
      Trent has made players like Beckham obsolete from a team thats how good he is Beckham wouldnt get in Liverpool's team why would he when we have Trent on one side and Robbo on the other

Possibly the wrong choice saying Beckham. Think, under Klopp, he would have easily slotted in to two of our three midfield slots. Hard work, graft, good passer and willingness to run. Would have been a different player.

I think what he has made rarer is, at the top end of the league, is solid, defensive full backs. The Irwin's and Neville's of this world.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #1027: Feb 10, 2022 12:05:01 pm
      Possibly the wrong choice saying Beckham. Think, under Klopp, he would have easily slotted in to two of our three midfield slots. Hard work, graft, good passer and willingness to run. Would have been a different player.

I think what he has made rarer is, at the top end of the league, is solid, defensive full backs. The Irwin's and Neville's of this world.

That's fascinating. I've often wondered how Beckham would be played in today's game but I think you're right. Midfielder (holding perhaps?). I did like Beckham's work rate and that absolutely sublime right foot of his was something to behold.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1028: Feb 10, 2022 04:31:22 pm

There is a reason Ferguson never played him anywhere other than on the right. Hard and graft :laugh: that was all Keane and Butt's work and Neville bombing down the right dragging away the full backs.

Beckham was a pure luxury player.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #1029: Feb 16, 2022 10:19:41 pm
      Trent had one of his can't-quite-be-bothered-defending days today. Bit risky to do it in the CL against the Italian champions Trent. Could easily have cost us with one of his failures to track back or block a cross. He even stepped out of the way of a shot at one point. (The contrast with Robbo defending for his life on the other flank is really striking on these kind of days.)

RB is the one position were we really lack genuine cover. Bit of competition would be handy just to keep him on his toes. As it stands he knows he is a stick on to keep his place almost no matter what, and it does show in his attitude to defending sometimes.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1030: Feb 16, 2022 10:26:53 pm
      Trent had one of his can't-quite-be-bothered-defending days today. Bit risky to do it in the CL against the Italian champions Trent. Could easily have cost us with one of his failures to track back or block a cross. He even stepped out of the way of a shot at one point. (The contrast with Robbo defending for his life on the other flank is really striking on these kind of days.)

RB is the one position were we really lack genuine cover. Bit of competition would be handy just to keep him on his toes. As it stands he knows he is a stick on to keep his place almost no matter what, and it does show in his attitude to defending sometimes.

VVD fu**ed him out of it during the 2nd half...he was never going to get back but he never even tried to cover the supporting player, who was the real danger....thats tbe switch off that could cost us against the best sides
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #1031: Feb 16, 2022 10:28:07 pm

I've never faulted Trent for lack of effort and I don't think any liabilities he has defensively (which are blown out of proportion anyway) is through that. He's a good defender but an even better attacker - when he's mid way up the pitch one swing of his right foot and it's destroyed the opposition. And that's where we need him to be to make the most of his talents. Risk and reward
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      Reply #1032: Feb 17, 2022 01:01:56 am

Totally agree.

It was like he just couldn't be arsed. Perisic took him to the cleaners but thank f**k for us we had 2 warriors at CB covering his arse. I felt safe when Hendo came on coz Harvey and Mo gave Trent no support at all. Just his positioning seemed so off, he was miles away from Perisic whenever the ball was played out to him. When he sh*t out of that tackle, I nearly lost it.

That's why I was gutted Neco left. I actually liked Neco as the perfect back up Trent. Not the same putting Milner or Gomez in that position so Trent really has no competition for his spot at all.

Don't get me started on his corners or his free kicks that he has been delivering lately.

Really would love VVD to hit some of those free kicks, especially if they're directly in front of goal, every now and again, just to mix it up a bit.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1033: Feb 17, 2022 08:52:28 am
      Poorest game in a long time. Never laid a glove on Perisic - a terrific player mind.

He'll have better nights but I thought he was a liability all night. Trying to be too clever with distribution and absentee defending.

Thankfully the 2 cb's were hyper vigilant and Ali was, well Ali.

I think too many indulge a couple sexy passes amidst missing basics......at times.

He'll respond. Always does.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #1034: Mar 05, 2022 08:27:03 pm
      Thought he defended well today. He just needs to be diligent and he can defend fine. Good to see him applying himself to it today.

Quick Reply