Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 202279 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1127: Aug 22, 2022 11:35:31 pm
      Growing frustrated with trent. Sorry to those who don't agree including Jürgen but defensively he's as bad as ever if not worse. He's regressing.

But his overall attitude, demeanour etc is winding me up. Cocky as f**k . He's lazy and he isn't producing anything going forward to cover it up now either.

Across a few threads now I've criticised the senior pros and il do it again now. He should be getting torn a new one on the pitch and in that dressing room ... get in his face and f**king challenge him. Great players work hard before anything else. His attitude isn't right ...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1128: Aug 22, 2022 11:40:41 pm
      Yea nor sugar coating it. He's been dreadful.

You'll know a bit about Ramsey mate. How much of an upgrade on Neco is he?

Big time Si. He's a baller.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #1129: Aug 22, 2022 11:54:05 pm
      Piss poor of late. Wasteful in possession, barely involved in attacking plays and his demeanour on the pitch stinks. He should be benched but we don't have any back up until Ramsey gets fit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1130: Aug 23, 2022 01:30:37 am
      It's the F***ing hair.

Get rid of that sh*t look for starters!

We get rid of Neco and now there really is no one to challenge Trent for his position.

Looks lazy, disinterested, his crossing has been sh*t and his defending, well he had a couple of good interceptions today but that was about it.

Deffo gone to his head. Thinks he's better then he actually is. Get your sh*t together Trent lad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 1090 
      Reply #1131: Aug 23, 2022 02:50:46 am
      No player gets me cussing more then him. I love him, but his off days infuriate me. To me his bad days generally seem more of lack of effort and desire than anything.

When that kid went to ground on him and the ball went towards the touch line, and TAA just jogged to the ball as if that ball was owed to him, and the kid got up and broke his neck to get their and took it off him, I beat my first bor,. Damn shame too, because he's my favorite.

TAA been crap so far. Plain and simple
      DanMann

• 5,723 posts | 880 
      Reply #1132: Aug 23, 2022 09:23:33 am
      Said it in the match thread... but just watch that first goal. Watch Trent!!!!  :mad:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1133: Aug 23, 2022 11:39:59 am
      Form has gone off a cliff. Need the old TAA back, and quick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,926 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1134: Aug 23, 2022 11:42:03 am
      It's the f**king hair.

We get rid of Neco and now there really is no one to challenge Trent for his position.

Looks lazy, disinterested, his crossing has been sh*t and his defending, well he had a couple of good interceptions today but that was about it.

Deffo gone to his head. Thinks he's better then he actually is. Get your sh*t together Trent lad.

Had one of his worse games I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1135: Aug 23, 2022 12:15:26 pm
      Form has gone off a cliff. Need the old TAA back, and quick.

I may be wrong but I thought Robbo gave it away while Trent was high up part of our game is not giving the ball away which cost us two goals last night. but he stunk the place out last night teams have found a way as did Palace. What will be interesting is the next starting 11
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1136: Aug 23, 2022 12:16:51 pm
      It's the f**king hair.

I think he and a fare few more have the same problem they need to get humble and start working harder.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1137: Aug 23, 2022 12:41:55 pm
      That crossfield ball he plays everything has started getting telegraphed. Full backs know when it's coming and are dealing with it.

Few regulars I've spoken to today and we'll pissed off with his performance last night.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1138: Aug 23, 2022 03:46:17 pm
      Look at Trent for the first goal he was awful, his defending is a joke, he doesn’t follow the United attacker Gomes gets dragged over and Trent instead of moving inside and cover Gomez he casually walks over ok Virg doesn’t cover himself in glory but Trent was awful and teams are targeting him. Perhaps he may be suited to a more attacking role, he certainly cant defend, at fault for Fulham first goal and the goal Real scored in the CL final he is becoming a liability. Part of the problem is no one challenging for his position
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #1139: Aug 23, 2022 03:48:28 pm
      He can defend.

He just hadn't been this season. Doing nothing going forward as well apart from a few long passes that are telegraphed.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,900 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1140: Aug 23, 2022 04:01:45 pm
      Look at Trent for the first goal he was awful, his defending is a joke, he doesn’t follow the United attacker Gomes gets dragged over and Trent instead of moving inside and cover Gomez he casually walks over ok Virg doesn’t cover himself in glory but Trent was awful and teams are targeting him. Perhaps he may be suited to a more attacking role, he certainly cant defend, at fault for Fulham first goal and the goal Real scored in the CL final he is becoming a liability. Part of the problem is no one challenging for his position

Think Gomez is better suited as back up RB then CB, especially with us having options when Matip and Konate are back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1141: Aug 31, 2022 10:37:12 pm
      The sooner the Scottish lad is fit the better because TAA needs some competition to lift him out of his lethargy of just strolling around like a super star.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,900 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1142: Aug 31, 2022 10:40:42 pm
      Trent needs to take defending more seriously, I know he can defend I am not saying he can't but sometimes seeing him reminds me of when I was a kid and just didn't want to put a tackle in or couldn't be bothered to run back.

He is world class at times going forward but sometimes its like he doesn't think he should do the bare minimum, get stuck in, sprint back after losing the ball, stay focused etc.

I would honestly have Gomez start ahead of him if Matip was fully fit, just to give him the kick up the ass I think he needs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1143: Sep 02, 2022 04:36:03 pm
      Just watched the Inside Anfield video of the Newcastle match. Trent seemed to just go down the tunnel at full time, not really sticking around for the celebrations. Maybe I'm misreading it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1144: Sep 07, 2022 10:20:11 pm
      Have defended him in the past but this season when he can’t even be bothered to do the basics of running.

Plus for a scouter I’m shocked how many tackles shits out of, gutless super star.

Needs a fair bit of time on the bench to reflect on his attitude.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1145: Sep 07, 2022 10:21:52 pm
      Good on Robbie Fowler. It needed saying.

Actually feel sorry for Gomez......always having to think where his RB is.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,782 posts | 392 
      Reply #1146: Sep 07, 2022 10:24:25 pm
      Playing like a man who knows that whatever he does his place in the side is assured.

Needs competition for his f**king place. And I dont mean that injured Scottish lad we bought with a fiver John Henry found under his sofa.

By the way the body language on Trent suggests to me he wants a move to La Liga. Was rumours of Barca wasn't there this window?

Will play his way out of a move there if he's not careful and if that's what he wants.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 2810 
      Reply #1147: Sep 07, 2022 10:25:41 pm
      Rightly or wrongly, I hold the local players to a bit of a different standard. Always expect them to graft and fight for the shirt even when we're sh*te but this lad is absolutely nowhere near that. Every single time we play poorly, he just isn't arsed.

Definition of a fair weather player and something he really needs to work on in the next few months.
      rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #1148: Sep 07, 2022 10:26:06 pm
      Just watched the Inside Anfield video of the Newcastle match. Trent seemed to just go down the tunnel at full time, not really sticking around for the celebrations. Maybe I'm misreading it.

Got hooked one game and was livid.  Wonder if some breakdown somewhere in changing room a few relationships gone South ?

rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #1149: Sep 07, 2022 10:27:09 pm
      Not been good enough end of chat needs a spell out for me

Quick Reply