Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196679 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1426: Apr 26, 2023 09:49:07 pm
      So!!! Has Trent’s new position contributed to your last 3 wins?  😉

Can the doubters please discuss. ?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1427: Apr 27, 2023 04:25:48 pm
      Putting his own money up to help others. Man with a social conscience. Trying to help academy players who don't make it as a professional. Still only 24 but such a mature person.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672

Can't be easy to think your on the brink of fame and fortune then to be told 'your not good enough'. Good on yer Trent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1428: Apr 27, 2023 04:31:41 pm
      Putting his own money up to help others. Man with a social conscience. Trying to help academy players who don't make it as a professional. Still only 24 but such a mature person.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672

Can't be easy to think your on the brink of fame and fortune then to be told 'your not good enough'. Good on yer Trent.

Surprised no comments on his performance again yesterday Harris. Do members on comment when they play bad.   ;D He’s a new man in his inverted!! roll don’t you think?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1429: Apr 27, 2023 05:19:04 pm
      Surprised no comments on his performance again yesterday Harris. Do members on comment when they play bad.   ;D He’s a new man in his inverted!! roll don’t you think?

Said several times that I'd like to see Trent in mid. This 'inverted' position is going well. Doing stuff off the pitch for others shows he's not just a footballer. Club do a lot for the community but there's always room for improvement.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1430: Apr 27, 2023 05:19:57 pm
      He's obviously enjoying being more involved higher up the pitch. He's a creative, inventive player who I think gets bored as part of the back four, he wants to be dictating the play offensively, he's got all the attributes, and so I for one would be happy to leave him there and see how he develops.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1431: Apr 27, 2023 05:30:36 pm
      Said several times that I'd like to see Trent in mid. This 'inverted' position is going well. Doing stuff off the pitch for others shows he's not just a footballer. Club do a lot for the community but there's always room for improvement.

Will only get better when you do get a midfield. Just deafening from those that called him. They should just own it like one or two members have already.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1432: Apr 27, 2023 07:15:53 pm
      The acclaim is a bit overstated. Hes done well and class on the ball.

Still overplaying at times but credit to him for keeping his head up.

Let's not be naive though....accomodating him makes us more potent......but the right side is still exposed and vulnerable.....responsib ility is just spread a bit more.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1433: Apr 27, 2023 08:26:54 pm
      Didn't see either the Forest or West Ham games, but was wanting to see Trent tried in midfield earlier in the season. I can see some benefits attacking-wise of him starting at RB and then stepping into midfield - more likely for him to find space for one thing, and not have to turn in midfield - but how are we covering him defensively? Against Arsenal, it was basically Konate coming across. Guess it was Matip yesterday? Does this mean Robbo is staying back more and tucking into a back 3 so that Virgil can also shift across a bit, or are we leaving Virg on his own when Konate covers at RB? (Or maybe Fabinho is dropping back more? I feel he's been playing too high anyway this season, so would like to see him sitting deeper regardless.)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1434: Apr 27, 2023 09:27:51 pm
      Saw the bit on the news about Trent setting up and funding an organisation to help.lads released from academies. Good lad

Trent Alexander-Arnold on football academies and release of players - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1435: Apr 28, 2023 01:16:59 am
      So!!! Has Trent’s new position contributed to your last 3 wins?  😉

Can the doubters please discuss. ?
      They won't because there were only a few in the first place and everyone is happy if something works, this isn't even him fully being moved there into midfiled because he's still got to be deep and go into defence and the Right centre backs have to be very alert. Only Thiago can use the football as well as Trent in our team and that's a high compliment because it's amazing seeing how Thiago can pass and cross in so many different ways. Hopefully Trent is learning everything he can off that guy because, he's an amazing player when it comes to using a football, wow a football player using the football what a novelty. Oh yeah both are forward thinking mostly, they don't turn back if they can help it, but can still understand the tempo of a game and don't go wild with forward passes.

Edit, seen as I edited of to off, I will say Thiago is also slightly nuts in tackling for the ball terms and could be a Defensive midfielder too, well he may get too many bookings to do that role but that was an added dimension to his game we were all surprised by that I bet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1436: Apr 28, 2023 08:34:18 am
      They won't because there were only a few in the first place and everyone is happy if something works, this isn't even him fully being moved there into midfiled because he's still got to be deep and go into defence and the Right centre backs have to be very alert. Only Thiago can use the football as well as Trent in our team and that's a high compliment because it's amazing seeing how Thiago can pass and cross in so many different ways. Hopefully Trent is learning everything he can off that guy because, he's an amazing player when it comes to using a football, wow a football player using the football what a novelty. Oh yeah both are forward thinking mostly, they don't turn back if they can help it, but can still understand the tempo of a game and don't go wild with forward passes.

Edit, seen as I edited of to off, I will say Thiago is also slightly nuts in tackling for the ball terms and could be a Defensive midfielder too, well he may get too many bookings to do that role but that was an added dimension to his game we were all surprised by that I bet.

Thiago a defensive midfielder? With his pace??? Ermmm 🤔  No no no   :lmao: He should be one of the many players on your list leaving this summer if you want to fight for top 4 again. His best days are gone at Liverpool.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1437: Apr 28, 2023 08:42:44 am
      Saw the bit on the news about Trent setting up and funding an organisation to help.lads released from academies. Good lad

Trent Alexander-Arnold on football academies and release of players - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672

Yes I had a good look at this yesterday. It was an eye opener for sure.

I'd be happy for us to buy a good right back this summer and move Trent into midfield next season. I've been very critical of him this season and rightly so. Defensively he just isn't upto it or appear to want to do this side of the game.

But his ability on the ball isn't in question and going forward and creatively he's been much much better lately. His passes are crisp and decisive and it really adds alot to us. I think it's a position he could grow into ... he's only scratching the surface currently. At the end of the day ... he's still a young lad but you have to keep improving in this game.

I'm not a fan of him being a right back and then pushing on leaving others to cover. I'd rather us just have a good right back and trent permanently further up. With his range of passing and the way he strikes the ball he will be very dangerous.

Son for example will cause problems down our right side on Sunday and I don't like the idea of matip or fabinho covering trents position.

A good few games for Trent. I hope it continues and he can take it into next season.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1438: Apr 28, 2023 08:48:49 am
      Thiago a defensive midfielder? With his pace??? Ermmm 🤔  No no no   :lmao: He should be one of the many players on your list leaving this summer if you want to fight for top 4 again. His best days are gone at Liverpool.

I agree. He's a saleable asset we can use to raise some spending money. We need a dynamic midfield again. That's what helped us compete. I'd retain milner. But for me, along with keita, fabinho and Ox, thiago and Henderson have had their day. Thiago is nice to watch on his day. There just are nowhere near enough of them plus hes injured all the time. Hendo saddens me ... he's been a great captain and a wonderful player and person at the club but his body just won't allow him to play his game anymore and his influence has faded badly. I don't think we can afford to keep both him and milly unless they're prepared to accept they will be used sparingly .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1439: Apr 28, 2023 10:27:33 am
      I agree. He's a saleable asset we can use to raise some spending money. We need a dynamic midfield again. That's what helped us compete. I'd retain milner. But for me, along with keita, fabinho and Ox, thiago and Henderson have had their day. Thiago is nice to watch on his day. There just are nowhere near enough of them plus hes injured all the time. Hendo saddens me ... he's been a great captain and a wonderful player and person at the club but his body just won't allow him to play his game anymore and his influence has faded badly. I don't think we can afford to keep both him and milly unless they're prepared to accept they will be used sparingly .

Agree on Hendo. I've been one of his biggest fans on here but he's a shadow of the player he was.

Personally I'd move him on but keep Thiago. Agree on the availability but once he's fit he gives us something I'm midfield nome of the others really do
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1440: Apr 28, 2023 11:31:50 am

That’s exactly what he is!! A saleable asset and funds better players. The only thing ( all though you’re right )    that probably won’t happen is Hendo leaving, like Milner it’s a question of the Liverpool way happening with these two. It’s just about loyalty if they do stay. No longer first team players they’re just subs  and their services may be reward because of what they’ve done for the club.

What ever happens with them even if they choose to leave/stay it will be with full blessing of all parties which will include the fans..

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1441: Apr 28, 2023 06:09:41 pm
      That’s exactly what he is!! A saleable asset and funds better players. The only thing ( all though you’re right )    that probably won’t happen is Hendo leaving, like Milner it’s a question of the Liverpool way happening with these two. It’s just about loyalty if they do stay. No longer first team players they’re just subs  and their services may be reward because of what they’ve done for the club.

What ever happens with them even if they choose to leave/stay it will be with full blessing of all parties which will include the fans..
      You seem very passionate about Liverpool FC Keith, Liver bird in your dreams ey kidda.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1442: Apr 28, 2023 06:49:43 pm
      You seem very passionate about Liverpool FC Keith, Liver bird in your dreams ey kidda.

Passionate  ;D Not sure I’d put it like that, enjoy the forum though if that’s what you mean.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1443: Apr 28, 2023 08:08:43 pm
      Trent plays well when the team plays well not a big secret. I notice James getting mauled against RM but not a mention of this by the commentary experts. Trent is doing fine if he is fit Jürgen picks him that has always been good enough for me but the kid isnt superman he can't be playing in 3 or 4 positions at once his team mates midfield in particular need to cover him but we dont have the legs there at the moment
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1444: Apr 28, 2023 08:29:47 pm
      Trent is doing fine if he is fit Jürgen picks him that has always been good enough for me but the kid isnt superman he can't be playing in 3 or 4 positions at once his team mates midfield in particular need to cover him but we dont have the legs there at the moment

My thoughts to Walt, new legs in midfield and you’ll get the old Trent back.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1445: Apr 28, 2023 08:31:16 pm
      Passionate  ;D Not sure I’d put it like that, enjoy the forum though if that’s what you mean.

Definitely a closet red.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1446: Apr 28, 2023 09:01:33 pm
      You love us kid, no doubt, I can tell.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1447: Apr 28, 2023 09:04:29 pm
      You love us kid, no doubt, I can tell.

Plenty of scouse mates, most of you good craic, but not all.   :lmao:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1448: Apr 28, 2023 09:04:34 pm
      Trent into midfield then right backs, Fabinho, Ramsey, Milner or a new one (about time) then Trent fully in midfield at very long last. Cool... the evolution is happening at last.

Quick Reply