Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 203978 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1748: Feb 18, 2024 12:44:22 pm
      It’s a joke - the man has been a massive heartbeat for the team and the success we have had , Bradley is a very talented young player who has a great future ahead of him but he is back up to the best right back in the league

Back up? I'd question that already as Bradley is a better defender than Trent.

The work ethic shout was his lack of putting a foot in as Arsenal players danced past him at the Emirates last week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1749: Feb 18, 2024 12:54:22 pm
      Back up? I'd question that already as Bradley is a better defender than Trent.

The work ethic shout was his lack of putting a foot in as Arsenal players danced past him at the Emirates last week.

With all the players fit then TAA is starting

Even with that Arsenal game he was beaten by Martinelli but he did track back
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1750: Feb 18, 2024 12:59:44 pm
      With all the players fit then TAA is starting

Even with that Arsenal game he was beaten by Martinelli but he did track back

In midfield.

Gomez or Bradley at right back now. Trent cannot defend like them two. It's been glaringly obvious for a while, just watching Bradley lately especially against Martinelli, he's a proper right back.

Track back = literally jogging

I like Trent but fact is he can't defend as good as the other two
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1751: Feb 18, 2024 01:03:21 pm
      In midfield.

Gomez or Bradley at right back now. Trent cannot defend like them two. It's been glaringly obvious for a while, just watching Bradley lately especially against Martinelli, he's a proper right back.

Track back = literally jogging

I like Trent but fact is he can't defend as good as the other two

Nah he would be at right back and then doing the inverted role moving inside while also creating on the outside

The full backs in Klopps team aren’t there to defend - that’s the role of the CBs and the DM to cover

Bradley or Gomez wouldn’t be in the strongest 11
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #1752: Feb 18, 2024 01:42:45 pm
      He defends well , it’s been shown statistically that he is a very good defender , the only issue he has at times is being aware of what’s over his left shoulder

TAA gets ripped apart from oppo fans and the likes of Jenas who haven’t got a clue about the role he plays within the team - the least i would expect is for his own fans to have at least the basic understanding of his role and why at times when the team is defending a quick break why TAA hangs back a little
      I think most on here have more than a basic understanding of his role, but if and when he doesn't look arsed, he deservedly gets criticised....like any other player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1753: Feb 18, 2024 01:59:59 pm
      I think most on here have more than a basic understanding of his role, but if and when he doesn't look arsed, he deservedly gets criticised....like any other player.

Reading some posts some don’t have a clue 👍
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1754: Feb 18, 2024 04:08:29 pm
      Nah he would be at right back and then doing the inverted role moving inside while also creating on the outside

The full backs in Klopps team aren’t there to defend - that’s the role of the CBs and the DM to cover

Bradley or Gomez wouldn’t be in the strongest 11

Bradley looked better than Trent doing the inverted role yesterday!!

Still required to actual defend when they have to though and Bradley and Gomez are better defenders than Trent.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1755: Feb 18, 2024 04:14:11 pm

Still required to actual defend when they have to though and Bradley and Gomez are better defenders than Trent.
      Trents days as RB are numbered. We have the players to push him further forward. Klopp won't, and I respect that. But I imagine a new coach will
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1756: Feb 18, 2024 04:17:37 pm

Funny he types that rubbish saying klopps full backs arnt there to defend ... yet Robbo, Gomez and now Bradley do alot of defending and they do it very well. Bradley was excellent yesterday. You don't see robbo jogging back leisurely and letting players just walk past him without even a half hearted attempt at a tackle. As I say , the excuses people make for him are laughable and the fact is that robbo, Bradley and Gomez show him up as a full back.

The only one who leaves it to the cbs or dm to do the work is trent, who just jogs back leisurely and leaves it to someone else.

As I say, 2 parts to the game, the one with the ball and the one without, and trent only participates in one.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #1757: Feb 18, 2024 04:18:52 pm
      It's embarrassing how fickle some people are

i don't forget those ppl that wanted to sell Jota because he didn't score for 6 games (YES SIX GAMES) after he came back from injury.

Now they're crying if he ever gets injured. Fickle as hell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1758: Feb 18, 2024 04:37:23 pm

We are being a bit silly now - there is no one better on the ball than TAA

Bradley is doing well no doubt but TAA when fully fit will be back in that role - he is a world class player

Gomez is a better defender but neither him nor Bradley are better players than TAA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1759: Feb 18, 2024 04:42:30 pm
      We are being a bit silly now - there is no one better on the ball than TAA

Bradley is doing well no doubt but TAA when fully fit will be back in that role - he is a world class player

Gomez is a better defender but neither him nor Bradley are better players than TAA

What's silly?

He will be a world class midfielder. His game should be further forward, he is not and never will be a "World class defender"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1760: Feb 18, 2024 04:44:34 pm
      Funny he types that rubbish saying klopps full backs arnt there to defend ... yet Robbo, Gomez and now Bradley do alot of defending and they do it very well. Bradley was excellent yesterday. You don't see robbo jogging back leisurely and letting players just walk past him without even a half hearted attempt at a tackle. As I say , the excuses people make for him are laughable and the fact is that robbo, Bradley and Gomez show him up as a full back.

The only one who leaves it to the cbs or dm to do the work is trent, who just jogs back leisurely and leaves it to someone else.

As I say, 2 parts to the game, the one with the ball and the one without, and trent only participates in one.
      You post some complete sh*te

Have you ever listened to Klopp when he talks about TAA

Klopp: If TAA wasn't a good defender, he wouldn't play
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp the misunderstanding around Trent Alexander-Arnold’s defensive weaknesses:

"We do high press and Trent is often the highest of all those at the back. That is the way we play football. You can say 'you should defend better' but you cannot have everything because if you want to play high press you need players in specific positions.

"It is not a crazy risk and we win the ball nine out of 10 times but in the one moment we don't win it, people ask 'where is Trent?' That is a question that I don't understand from people who watch football so often.

"Yes, there are other situations where he was not aware (enough) or there was a challenge he should have won but every player in the league has these challenges. But with him? Every time it is picked up and analysed, all the experts saying this is a weakness. Honestly, I just don't get that part of it.

"A world-class talent gets judged by the one thing he is not as world class at as the other things. If he was not a good defender, he would not play. Defensively it is not possible that one guy defends the whole pitch. You need everybody involved and we were not good at that (this season).

"Trent did not do well in these moments as well (but) in other moments he defends exceptionally well but for him - in his situation - nobody mentions it."

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1761: Feb 18, 2024 04:45:16 pm
      What's silly?

He will be a world class midfielder. His game should be further forward, he is not and never will be a "World class defender"

It’s silly to suggest that Bradley looks better that TAA doing the inverted role

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #1762: Feb 18, 2024 04:48:27 pm
      We are building a very good squad of quality players; I think almost every position has got at least 2 very good options (maybe RF is the only position where we depend heavily on 1 player- Mo).

Very recently fans were panicking after Williams left. No cover at RB, what do we do if Trent gets injured. Now we have 3 players who could start at RB and there is a legitimate debate about who is the best option.

Let's celebrate the riches that JĂźrgen (and FSG ;D) have given us without abusing each other. For me personally, Trent plays in JĂźrgen's current system but Bradley is a very good prospect and can push for a starting position.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,453 posts | 212 
      Reply #1763: Feb 18, 2024 06:37:03 pm
      So I see ambling back or running at 50 percent capacity is considered tracking back 😂

Bradley has won me over, when he has to get back, the lad puts everything in to get back to help his team mates

Trent did not track back vs arsenal bar once when he sprinted back, other times he was on the half way line and running like it was a warm up back

To be fair

Is Trent better passing wise yes

Let’s say Trent is 10
      Creativity 10

Work ethic, positioning and tackling ability I would put at a lower end

With Bradley he is decent going forward but at a higher level work ethic and defending wise and that is clear

Where do teams attack against us ? Its always right back as that’s our weakness, it’s never to Robertson

We are creative enough to sacrifice what Trent brings to bring in more solidity in our overall team

Trent won’t be world class anything, even in midfield, would anyone trust him to track his man and stop the number 10 for example ? Or help out a full back, it’s not going to happen until his attitude changes to defending wherever he is on the pitch
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1764: Feb 18, 2024 07:05:26 pm
      Trent on the ball is world class. Bradley cant compete with that, he can't even come close. I don't wanna pretend that Bradley is some lock down defender either. Bradley has shown a willingness to defend and an ability to contribute in the final third. He's showing a lot of potential and he works his ass off

Trent continues to be a liability on the defensive side, and he his efforts in his tackles are half hearted. His tracking back is poor too. He seems to take for granted that others are supposed to pick up the slack. I love Trent, but his attitude is annoying. He seems to be lazy and too good for certain things.  As a kid from the city and the vice captian, he should know the team and supporters deserve better.

Need his quality asap. Really hope Bradley keeps playing better and better and forces
      Trent to get his crap together. He's too talented to not play
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1765: Feb 18, 2024 07:08:22 pm
      Trent on the ball is world class. Bradley cant compete with that, he can't even come close. I don't wanna pretend that Bradley is some lock down defender either. Bradley has shown a willingness to defend and an ability to contribute in the final third. He's showing a lot of potential and he works his ass off

Trent continues to be a liability on the defensive side, and he his efforts in his tackles are half hearted. His tracking back is poor too. He seems to take for granted that others are supposed to pick up the slack. I love Trent, but his attitude is annoying. He seems to be lazy and too good for certain things.  As a kid from the city and the vice captian, he should know the team and supporters deserve better.

Need his quality asap. Really hope Bradley keeps playing better and better and forces
      Trent to get his crap together. He's too talented to not play

Do people really think Klopp would allow someone to have the attitude that you claim TAA has ?!

Where are people dreaming this stuff up from

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1766: Feb 18, 2024 07:13:00 pm
      Bradley as first choice RB for me, much more confident in his abilities to stop a winger in his track. When it's Trent, they smell blood usually with more incentive to take him on and more often than not end up going past him like a ghost. Trent cannot defend going backwards on the flanks, this has been evident for almost 2 years now. Would he improve if he's asked to play centrally and to cover for the RB on occasions? You'd like to think so.

On the ball pretty much anywhere on the pitch given the time and space, he's as good as anyone in world football ...probably only behind KDB in the league.

Trent has said himself he sees himself playing in midfield, it's undoubtedly where he wants to be......don't see why we need to keep persisting with the inverted system. It was a good temporary fix to sort the calamity that was last season.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1767: Feb 18, 2024 07:15:19 pm
      Do people really think Klopp would allow someone to have the attitude that you claim TAA has ?!

Where are people dreaming this stuff up from
      From watching him play. From watching his performances on the defensive side of the ball. Why would I make this up? I get some people on here like to stir the sh*t, but I don't think my post resemble at any point and time. I type what I see.

Perhaps I have it wrong, maybe his attitude is rock solid. All I know is he throws in a half ass attempt at a tackle and then seems annoyed that he has to trot back and help defend. I thought that would improve with Bradley playing so well in his stint and showing a new level of professionalism on the defensive side of the ball, but it hasn't.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1768: Feb 18, 2024 07:30:56 pm
      From watching him play. From watching his performances on the defensive side of the ball. Why would I make this up? I get some people on here like to stir the sh*t, but I don't think my post resemble at any point and time. I type what I see.

Perhaps I have it wrong, maybe his attitude is rock solid. All I know is he throws in a half ass attempt at a tackle and then seems annoyed that he has to trot back and help defend. I thought that would improve with Bradley playing so well in his stint and showing a new level of professionalism on the defensive side of the ball, but it hasn't.

So if this was happening as you say what do you think Klopp would do ?

We all know what Klopp demands from his players - anyone putting in “half arsed” effort wouldn’t get near the team

This was 4 weeks ago

“Also, when he does track back when either beat of coming back from further up the pitch, he really does read the game very well and plugs into a spot to either deter a shot or clog passing lanes. Today he covered behind Konate on the line for extra protection on that ball over the top in the beginning”

Seems a lot are reacting based on th Arsenal game where Martinelli skinned him and he was clearly not match fit
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1769: Feb 18, 2024 07:41:25 pm
      Big difference there to someone who just leisurely jogs around letting others do his work. Trent wouldn't have been near sterling . ... he'd have been around the half way line jogging waiting for someone to win it back. Walker got back in and sterling saw him coming and switched back inside ... it was a quality goal.

Walker is a c*nt of a human being. But he's been a more than decent defender over the years ... hence all his caps. And how old is he now ... 33/34?

It's amazing the excuses people make for trent ... who has been poor defensively for along time and refuses to put the effort in because defending doesn't interest him.

No coincidence we looked better with Bradley there again yesterday by all accounts. Trent is blessed with fantastic ability ... and can do things that are incredible. But the greats have the work ethic too and the desire to improve every chink in their armour. Arnold doesn't have that and I've watched this game long enough to know that. He's a liability at right back and everyone out there knows it and takes full advantage.

What the F**k are you on about dipshit, it seems you only support those who don’t fall out of flavour with you, did you spout all that sh*te when Trent was making his first steps in the first team, pricks like you are the reason the term Glory Hunter was defined for, you have history of slagging off our players, so not sure you’re type can justify the term’Supporter’, Cos  you clearly don’t support everyone associated with our club, maybe you and that other dipshit ‘Keep the faith’ have created yer own anti Liverpool players club, who knows, all we know is you talk utter bollocks and you are more or less just a WUM….OR in layman’s terms a Bell End !!

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1770: Feb 18, 2024 07:41:48 pm
      You get on me for assuming i know that Klopp wouldn't allow a players attitude to sour, but then seem to assume to know that Klopp isn't upset. What kind of manager would he be if just aired stuff like that to the public. We obviously know he wouldn't do that.

Since been given the freedom to roam, Trent has shown the world how amazing of a distributor he is. He might ne the beat in the world at it atm. But its SEEM TO ME to also given him this false sense that he is a midfielder and that his chief role isn't to defend.

And I could care less to Trent getting skinned, it's his effort once it happens that seems to bother most. It's an effort we've seen far to often this season.

Quick Reply