Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 204038 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1771: Feb 18, 2024 07:47:32 pm
      You get on me for assuming i know that Klopp wouldn't allow a players attitude to sour, but then seem to assume to know that Klopp isn't upset. What kind of manager would he be if just aired stuff like that to the public. We obviously know he wouldn't do that.

Since been given the freedom to roam, Trent has shown the world how amazing of a distributor he is. He might ne the beat in the world at it atm. But its SEEM TO ME to also given him this false sense that he is a midfielder and that his chief role isn't to defend.

And I could care less to Trent getting skinned, it's his effort once it happens that seems to bother most. It's an effort we've seen far to often this season.

Surely Klopp would just drop him if he wasnā€™t doing what he asked 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Is that not clear

And when was it decided that his ā€œchief roleā€ was to defend ?

Anyone watching the team over the last 6 years should clearly see his ā€œchief roleā€ is to provide creativity high up the pitch providing the width in the space left by wide forwards cutting inside -their is a reason why the two defenders with the most assists are Robbo and TAA

The role of the full back in the team has hugely changed over the years
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1772: Feb 18, 2024 08:00:08 pm
      Surely Klopp would just drop him if he wasnā€™t doing what he asked 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Is that not clear

And when was it decided that his ā€œchief roleā€ was to defend ?

Anyone watching the team over the last 6 years should clearly see his ā€œchief roleā€ is to provide creativity high up the pitch providing the width in the space left by wide forwards cutting inside -their is a reason why the two defenders with the most assists are Robbo and TAA

The role of the full back in the team has hugely changed over the years
      I do not think Klopp will drop Trent. And I think that's awesome and disappointing in the same breath. I say it's awesome because Klopp isn't short sided enough to look at a players form as the be all end all, and that he recognizes the class of a player. But I also think the human element is in us all, amd can sometimes blind us of what is needed in the moment.

You bring up a great point in the cheif role of our full backs. Clearly they are as attacking as they are defending. In this system you can argue that Trents role is to attack more so than defend. But that's only because the system allows him to dp that. And the system only works if all the players in it buy into it. That includes him too. He has to recognize that sometimes he needs get on his horse and hustle back and help the team defend. To me this seems to not been as vital to him, based on what I've seen since his return to injury.

Again, maybe it's the injury and it limited his ability to fully open it up. Perhaps his attitude is fine. Maybe it's me? In the end of the day he is pur RB and our vice captian, and he's the only person on our team who can do what he does. We're battling on 4 front atm, we're gonna need him and I wanna see all our players at their best
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,453 posts | 212 
      Reply #1773: Feb 18, 2024 10:05:31 pm
      You get on me for assuming i know that Klopp wouldn't allow a players attitude to sour, but then seem to assume to know that Klopp isn't upset. What kind of manager would he be if just aired stuff like that to the public. We obviously know he wouldn't do that.

Since been given the freedom to roam, Trent has shown the world how amazing of a distributor he is. He might ne the beat in the world at it atm. But its SEEM TO ME to also given him this false sense that he is a midfielder and that his chief role isn't to defend.

And I could care less to Trent getting skinned, it's his effort once it happens that seems to bother most. It's an effort we've seen far to often this season.

Exactly

Amazing how people keep failing to understand people are seeing Trent slack of work ethic in not sprinting back instead jogging back yet people confuse that for being skinned

Itā€™s work ethic and determination, nothing else

Itā€™s been happening for two years even before this hybrid role

Like I said, everyone attacks our rb position as thatā€™s our weakness yet and we get caught out there a lot

If Trent put in the shift Bradley did going backwards who played the same role as him in going forward and was able to still sprint back, we would concede less down the Right and fans wouldnā€™t talking about his work ethic 

In fact everyone would be ok with his average/decent defending as he was amazing going forward and had great work ethic in trying to get back

In any job in the world, if people see someone not giving 100 percent whilst seeing to what give 100 percent, you eventually will get called out on it

The onus is on Trent but he doesnā€™t seem to want to be like Robertson.

Itā€™s borderline delusional that a minority donā€™t see his work ethic issues
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1774: Feb 18, 2024 10:18:04 pm
      Exactly

Amazing how people keep failing to understand people are seeing Trent slack of work ethic in not sprinting back instead jogging back yet people confuse that for being skinned

Itā€™s work ethic and determination, nothing else

Itā€™s been happening for two years even before this hybrid role

Like I said, everyone attacks our rb position as thatā€™s our weakness yet and we get caught out there a lot

If Trent put in the shift Bradley did going backwards who played the same role as him in going forward and was able to still sprint back, we would concede less down the Right and fans wouldnā€™t talking about his work ethic 

In fact everyone would be ok with his average/decent defending as he was amazing going forward and had great work ethic in trying to get back

In any job in the world, if people see someone not giving 100 percent whilst seeing to what give 100 percent, you eventually will get called out on it

The onus is on Trent but he doesnā€™t seem to want to be like Robertson.

Itā€™s borderline delusional that a minority donā€™t see his work ethic issues

2 years 😂😂

Have you got the stats to back up your theories

And can you provide the 2 years worth of proof about his ā€œlack of work ethicā€
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1775: Feb 18, 2024 10:44:56 pm
      2 years 😂😂

And can you provide the 2 years worth of proof about his ā€œlack of work ethicā€
      Trent was very poor last season, probably his worst season at the club, and then JĆ¼rgen switched tactics at HT of the Arsenal game, and it completely changed our form and his season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1776: Feb 18, 2024 10:46:50 pm
      Trent was very poor last season, probably his worst season at the club, and then JĆ¼rgen switched tactics at HT of the Arsenal game, and it completely changed our form and his season

And stats to back it up ?

Many people were poor last season
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #1778: Feb 19, 2024 07:32:34 am
      Interesting debate.

For me I think Bradley looks a 'bettrr defender' more because he plays the roles of a full back more traditionally.

Trent doesn't really play as a RB. He starts there and then plays high up the pitch and last couple of seasons very centrally pretty much in the right sided 8 position.

No matter what anyone will get caught out of position playing like that.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1779: Feb 19, 2024 08:01:12 am

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/12/what-is-trent-alexander-arnold-and-does-it-matter/

ā€œAccording to Opta definitions, Alexander-Arnold didnā€™t make a single error that led to a goal last season, and only made two that led to opposition shots. This season he has already made two errors leading to goals (vs Bournemouth and Newcastle United), and three leading to shots.ā€

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,453 posts | 212 
      Reply #1780: Feb 19, 2024 08:05:03 am
      2 years 😂😂

Someone has posted a link below and that is pretty damming if you look at it in detail 

He gets attacked non stop by the other team as they know they have a better than a 1 in 2 chance for leaving him in the dust and most times he wonā€™t even be there to track themā€¦.its a weakness which teams are exposing more and more

Either way eyes donā€™t deceive

Itā€™s not just me, a lot can see it, the fact you said he was tracking back vs arsenal just blew my mind. It shows youā€™re taking this personal and arenā€™t being logical about what we see

Again I donā€™t really mind the fact Trent is average defensive wise compared to peers and im sure others would back him to work on that as do I

What Liverpool fans (some) donā€™t stand for is a lack of work ethic in putting in that extra shift to stop counters when he is in the half way line (so not that far away) itā€™s clear when someone is ambling back and someone is sprinting (see Bradley)

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1781: Feb 19, 2024 08:14:01 am
      Someone has posted a link below and that is pretty damming if you look at it in detail 

He gets attacked non stop by the other team as they know they have a better than a 1 in 2 chance for leaving him in the dust and most times he wonā€™t even be there to track themā€¦.its a weakness which teams are exposing more and more

Either way eyes donā€™t deceive

Itā€™s not just me, a lot can see it, the fact you said he was tracking back vs arsenal just blew my mind. It shows youā€™re taking this personal and arenā€™t being logical about what we see

Again I donā€™t really mind the fact Trent is average defensive wise compared to peers and im sure others would back him to work on that as do I

What Liverpool fans (some) donā€™t stand for is a lack of work ethic in putting in that extra shift to stop counters when he is in the half way line (so not that far away) itā€™s clear when someone is ambling back and someone is sprinting (see Bradley)

Your ā€œlack of work ethicā€ is a nonsense tagline that you keep throwing around with zero substance because you think he isnā€™t doing what you want him to do - that doesnā€™t mean he isnā€™t doing what the manager wants him to or he isnā€™t exactly in the spot where the manager wants him

You have this fascination that because he isnā€™t sprinting back every single counter that itā€™s due to him having a lack of work ethic

Ignoring that fact that his manager may well be ok with him being in the space ready for the counter and that both him and his manager trust the CBā€™s to sort out the danger and then have him in space to create chances - I suspect itā€™s prob down to your inability to think outside the box and have some preconceived ideas of what he should be doing prob based on playing FIFA
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,453 posts | 212 
      Reply #1782: Feb 19, 2024 09:00:45 am
      Your ā€œlack of work ethicā€ is a nonsense tagline that you keep throwing around with zero substance because you think he isnā€™t doing what you want him to do - that doesnā€™t mean he isnā€™t doing what the manager wants him to or he isnā€™t exactly in the spot where the manager wants him

You have this fascination that because he isnā€™t sprinting back every single counter that itā€™s due to him having a lack of work ethic

Ignoring that fact that his manager may well be ok with him being in the space ready for the counter and that both him and his manager trust the CBā€™s to sort out the danger and then have him in space to create chances - I suspect itā€™s prob down to your inability to think outside the box and have some preconceived ideas of what he should be doing prob based on playing FIFA

Iā€™m sorry but you are straight up delusional

Problem is you canā€™t understand what a lot of people are saying is different form your opinion nor accept it without throwing small insults between sentences

I will leave it as that as there isnā€™t a point

You really need to watch his game more carefully and then watch Robertson and Bradley

Just whole post is designed to agitate and wum, no wonder why half of the forum has you on ignore

Grow up before the whole forum has you on ignore

Iā€™m done with you again, as I said before donā€™t reply to me please
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2024 09:12:53 am by KeepTheFaith »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1783: Feb 19, 2024 09:13:04 am

Problem is you canā€™t understand what a lot of people are saying is different form your opinion nor accept it without throwing small insults between sentences

You really need to watch his game more carefully and then watch Robertson and Bradley

Just whole post is designed to agitate and wum, no wonder why half of the forum has you on ignore

Iā€™m done with you again

ā€œA lot of peopleā€

Donā€™t confuse your inane nonsense with being the popular opinion
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1784: Feb 19, 2024 09:15:29 am

Iā€™m done with you again

Just stick him on ignore. Works a treat. He hasn't got a clue. When everyone is fit Bradley is no1 at right back now. This lad participates in both sides of the game. If Trent wants back in he's looking at midfield now ... and he will have to participate in the without the ball side of the game if he wants to get in there too. Because when everyone is fit he's struggling to get in that 3 as well.

Talented player who can do amazing things but isn't interested in the other side of the game. And we're doing just fine defensively and offensively without him. We look far stronger defensively, a better unit for sure with Bradley there and he's superb going forward. We look stronger with Joey there as well. Makes a world of difference when konate isn't having to do trents job as well and getting dragged out. Trent needs to work harder, show a desire to defend and work on his weaknesses in training. He's regressed badly defensively over the past 18 months ... he's been found out. Look at robbo on the other side ... bombs on, creates but puts a shift in defensively. Not much gets past or round the back of him.

You don't need facts and figures ... just your own eyes. Every team we play against targets TAA ... that tells its own story. Its not because he's a good defender ... its the opposite.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1785: Feb 19, 2024 09:43:13 am
      Just stick him on ignore. Works a treat. He hasn't got a clue. When everyone is fit Bradley is no1 at right back now. This lad participates in both sides of the game. If Trent wants back in he's looking at midfield now ... and he will have to participate in the without the ball side of the game if he wants to get in there too. Because when everyone is fit he's struggling to get in that 3 as well.

Talented player who can do amazing things but isn't interested in the other side of the game. And we're doing just fine defensively and offensively without him. We look far stronger defensively, a better unit for sure with Bradley there and he's superb going forward. We look stronger with Joey there as well. Makes a world of difference when konate isn't having to do trents job as well and getting dragged out. Trent needs to work harder, show a desire to defend and work on his weaknesses in training. He's regressed badly defensively over the past 18 months ... he's been found out. Look at robbo on the other side ... bombs on, creates but puts a shift in defensively. Not much gets past or round the back of him.

You don't need facts and figures ... just your own eyes. Every team we play against targets TAA ... that tells its own story. Its not because he's a good defender ... its the opposite.

The simple fact you think that TAA wonā€™t be first choice when all are fit shows how little you understand

The minute TAA is fit he is back in the 11 playing at right back
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2024 10:07:06 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1786: Mar 09, 2024 02:41:18 am
      Basically seems to have done city's team talk for them with his comments that just happen to come out before the game and left klopp having to answer questions about it. Big 👏 trent.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1787: Mar 09, 2024 06:12:10 am
      Basically seems to have done city's team talk for them with his comments that just happen to come out before the game and left klopp having to answer questions about it. Big 👏 trent.

Like someone else said, That big Ugly c**t has retorted. There's our Team Talk done.

And yes, there was no need for it in the first place, but what's done is done.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #1788: Mar 10, 2024 07:36:05 pm
      The way Conor plays I do not need TAA back asap. Let him heal. The same with Kelleher and Alisson. We need Jones and Jota back. These two are crucial.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #1789: Mar 25, 2024 01:34:36 pm
      Lot of rumours going around that Real Madrid want Trent, this summer or next on a free
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1790: Mar 25, 2024 02:18:17 pm
      Lot of rumours going around that Real Madrid want Trent, this summer or next on a free

He's not going anywhere. Club will resign him likely this summer at the latest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1791: Mar 25, 2024 02:18:45 pm

The usual suspects sh*t stirring.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1792: Mar 25, 2024 05:44:05 pm
      Well a few had him relegated to the bench so might as well get over Ā£100mil for him 🙄
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1793: Mar 25, 2024 06:48:59 pm

You mean the rumours started by shithouse Madrid to try and destabilise Trent same way Madrid are doing same with Haaland, whisper here, whisper there to an agent telling the player to see out contract and then F**k off to Madrid and sign on a free.

Hopefully Trent remembers Kiev and Paris and tells them to F**k rarrrrrrrrr off.

Quick Reply