Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 21st of July and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W2 D2 L1

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 224519 times
      Kurt Cocaine, gazred and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 231 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1978: Jun 30, 2024 09:10:22 pm
      Why are you quoting Neville? He spent weeks telling us all how sh*t Trent is and that a team can never with a major tournament with him in the team.

Where did I quote him? I summarised and agreed. He stated Trent can’t play cm which I agree with but said he should be at right back after seeing how bad England are unless you seen something else

People who think Trent is a cm need put the controller down on their console, it won’t work bud
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,730 posts | 8762 
      Reply #1979: Jun 30, 2024 09:28:14 pm
      Where did I quote him? I summarised and agreed. He stated Trent can’t play cm which I agree with but said he should be at right back after seeing how bad England are unless you seen something else

People who think Trent is a cm need put the controller down on their console, it won’t work bud

Again I'd wait until a tactically astute manager tries it, rather than watching England under a championship level c**t like Southgate and then deciding it doesn't work
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 231 
      Reply #1980: Jun 30, 2024 09:46:12 pm
      Again I'd wait until a tactically astute manager tries it, rather than watching England under a championship level c**t like Southgate and then deciding it doesn't work

I do agree, I can’t believe how sht Southgate is, the guy froze out there and got lucky

It’s a crime Trent isn’t playing but I would still say now he is englands best right back and should be played there
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,647 posts | 2166 
      Reply #1981: Jul 02, 2024 09:16:56 am

This all day. If you are going to ask Trent to play in midfield then do so in a team that plays on the front foot, with a high line, good movement and willing runners to pass the pass to. AKA any one of the top 5 sides in the Premier League.

It really laughable what Southgate has done with this England team. Every top side in the land plays with a high press, intenisty off the ball, win it back high, high starting positons and with the ball they are all about possession and great movement. Meanwhile Southgate asks the team to sit back, to be passive, plays square pegs in round holes and frankly, he must have mullered Trent's confidence. It would have been better if he hadn't played any minutes at all.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,347 posts | 2844 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1982: Jul 02, 2024 11:25:36 am
      I like Trent coming into midfield from the right because he is at his very best and most dangerous when he gets the ball facing forward, especially if given space to spread the ball around with his world class passing range.

I'm not sure if I would like him to be a full time number 6 though, a big part of this role involves playing facing your own goal and often under pressure, you need to be cautious but also good on the turn when the opportunity arises, and I'm not sure if this plays to his strengths.

Curious to see how this develops next season, and trust Klopp to make the right call.

Been saying for a long time I don't think he works as a midfielder. He needs to come into space facing forward to be able to provide what he's best at, which is his crossing and passing. He's done that for years on the right and then did some more inverting from the full back position and walking into space in midfield, not occupying that space full-time.

I think people have absurdly unrealistic expectations about fullbacks, and I mean that in general. The same people who would now rave about 'legends' of the fullback position like Cafu and Roberto Carlos, for example, have erased from their memories the fact that they were criticised for their defending their whole careers. Which was unfair, given they were often Brazil's main attacking outlet in the wide positions. Brazil in 2002 played with 3 CBs to be able to give them the freedom to attack with sufficient cover.

We've now had for a few years our main creative outlet at right back. That is extremely unusual so people need to get their heads around what he provides, and not what their default expectations of a right back are based on the football they watched growing up or whatever.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,647 posts | 2166 
      Reply #1983: Jul 16, 2024 11:04:24 am
      I hope they are working hard on a new deal for Trent. Get him signed up for four more years
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,353 posts | 777 
      Reply #1984: Jul 16, 2024 03:59:07 pm
      I hope they are working hard on a new deal for Trent. Get him signed up for four more years

Certainly do not want to lose a player of Trent's quality
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,001 posts | 7216 
      Reply #1985: Jul 16, 2024 10:33:20 pm
      Sick and tired trying focus people on what Trent and Robbo have done and when they are flying we play well. Southgate funked his mind.give him a realistic deal which reflects his importance to theclub
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,736 posts | 3938 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1986: Jul 17, 2024 02:32:18 am
      Trent doesn’t need to play as a midfielder.

It’s a sign of Southgate’s limitations that the only way he could visualise the system was with Trent as a CDM because when he did move to 3 at the back that too was rigid.

There is no fluidity in what Southgate did and that is why, in the modern game, he was always going to lose when it mattered.

All that Slot will have to decide is whether Trent plays as a wing back or inverts into the midfield.

It’s about creating and communicating a fluid system.

Trent will be grand
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 831 posts | 137 
      Reply #1987: Jul 17, 2024 09:29:59 am
      All discussion about RB or Mid may be pointless anyway if papers are to be believed!
      Bromance with Bellingham and Mbappe.....
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 231 
      Reply #1988: Jul 17, 2024 10:16:46 am
      Wouldn’t surprise me is he’s been tapped up by Bellingham
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,353 posts | 777 
      Reply #1989: Jul 17, 2024 10:20:51 am
      Like many fans I would be sorry if Trent moved on to a new club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,374 posts | 3526 
      Reply #1990: Jul 17, 2024 10:28:19 am
      Think it’s worth checking the source of the rumour and then you can dismiss it
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,556 posts | 294 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1991: Jul 17, 2024 02:50:03 pm
      Can't say I'd be too upset if Trent left, so long as we got the right money for him and was ireinvested back into the club.

70-80m from Madrid, then go and sign Frimpong and Ederson. Time to get back our footballing identity and style of play back - when we had flying fullbacks overlapping and getting our wide men closer to our front man and causing havoc.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,001 posts | 7216 
      Reply #1992: Jul 17, 2024 03:56:14 pm
      Can't say I'd be too upset if Trent left, so long as we got the right money for him and was ireinvested back into the club.

70-80m from Madrid, then go and sign Frimpong and Ederson. Time to get back our footballing identity and style of play back - when we had flying fullbacks overlapping and getting our wide men closer to our front man and causing havoc.

1 year left £20 mil if we are lucky. Bad management to let players slip into last year of contract
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,556 posts | 294 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1993: Jul 17, 2024 04:09:43 pm
      1 year left £20 mil if we are lucky. Bad management to let players slip into last year of contract

Rice had 1 year left and went for 105m, Mbappe had 1 year left last season and PSG rejected Madrid's 140m bid.

If they want him this summer, we tell them that's the price or we'll renew him in October/November with a release clause.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,977 posts | 456 
      Reply #1994: Jul 17, 2024 06:32:16 pm
      My take on Trent is totally different to what it would have been 10/15 years ago when I was always gutted when Gerrard was being linked away.

Short career and an opportunity to try something new might really appeal to him.

My hope is that he wants to stay and he gets back to top form however I'd understand if he wanted a new challenge.

Of course the rumours might be totally false and Madrid might be uninterested.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,520 posts | 2799 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1995: Jul 17, 2024 06:40:57 pm

Still one of your best players and would be surprised if you let him go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,564 posts | 6456 
      Reply #1996: Jul 17, 2024 08:22:42 pm
      It would be dumb to let go of Trent.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,336 posts | 952 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #1997: Jul 17, 2024 08:36:44 pm
      It would be dumb to let go of Trent.

Especially at a cut price
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,587 posts | 853 
      Reply #1998: Jul 17, 2024 09:14:48 pm
      He's one of the most highly regarded players in world football and as such the club will doing everything they can to sign him up to a new long term contract. The only way he goes is if he forces it. I wouldn't at all be surprised, and would fully understand it if he went, I suspect the days of one club careers are in the past for players of his rank. Change of culture, weather,...you can see the attraction. He's at the peak age and the world is his proverbial oyster.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,001 posts | 7216 
      Reply #1999: Jul 19, 2024 09:03:46 am
      Remember how Owen left and clearly people have been getting in his head. Let's hope he sees sense.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,746 posts | 160 
      Reply #2000: Jul 19, 2024 10:32:49 am
      An average season and he will be gone. Sadly, he has all the power and he could easily wait until the next season and base his decision on the future of the club.

Quick Reply