Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W14 D5 L3

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread

Read 23438 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,692 posts | 1053 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #360: Jan 15, 2019 02:11:30 pm
      Well hopefully Keita will start to show his worth then.
      I’m not worried about covering holes as you say, last season we played a back 3 in a game which had Can and Gini in it so I think we should be confident with Fab or whoever fills in at RB, chances are Gomez will be back for the following game and thanks to the 11 day break I wouldn’t be shocked to see Trent back for the West Ham game. Timescale on the injury so far is 2-4 weeks, it’s not serious. Don’t forget KDB was apparently meant to be out for a long time last season when he was strechered off with a knee injury, he was back for the following week. It all depends how well Trent recovers over the next week, he won’t lose a massive amount of fitness in that time and the fact he was able to play on so well against Brighton gives me confidence.

I just think it was an unnecessary risk to loan him out. It probably won't bite us on the backside and everything will be fine, but I just didn't see the need to risk it and a few more injuries in midfield or defence and it's looking like a mistake.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,715 posts | 50 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #361: Jan 15, 2019 02:13:53 pm
      I would expect Milner to be playing in TAA absence, not Fabinho based on Klopp going to Milner a couple of times over the season to play RB. As for TAA it sucks he picked injury but with our fixture list over the next few weeks not being too demanding hopefully he will be back for the difficult period of games in February (Bayern, Man Utd, Watford, Everton within 12 days)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,594 posts | 833 
      Reply #362: Jan 15, 2019 02:17:45 pm
      Now maybe people can see why I am saying we need another CB, Then at least we will have proper Cover for the Bayern game and Fab' can cover CB and RB...

Or we can be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKI2qaf5QQ
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #363: Jan 15, 2019 02:18:45 pm
      Just think it was an unnecessary risk to loan him out. It probably won't bite us on the backside and everything will be fine, but I just didn't see the need to risk it.

I just asked something in another thread so sorry for repeating myself.
      Would you think this if Clyne hadn’t played against the Mancs? Trent missed a few games at that time and that is the only game Clyne got, which happened to be when Milly was also missing, Gomez too obviously. Clyne played well that game but I can’t help but feel he’d still very much be the forgotten man had it not been for that one game. A lot of the time it’s been a case of people wondering why he’s not been involved with the team for so long when there is no news about him, people were asking was it injury? Was it something off the pitch we don’t know about? Was it a falling out with Klopp? Etc, when maybe, aside from the injuries, Klopp just doesn’t think Clyne is good enough or has shown enough in training and past performances to be a part of this team. Personally for me I don’t think he’s a loss of any significance, to me it’s almost like people have forgotten just how bang average he was for a lot of the time; his attacking play wasn’t good enough for how we played back then so I don’t think it would be now and his defending also left a lot to be desired. I will never deny he played well against the Mancs but I don’t think 1 performance shows enough because even Moreno has had the odd game of playing well.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:28:54 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #364: Jan 15, 2019 02:24:39 pm
      Mismanagement letting us down. Every morning there's another Liverpool defender out for weeks. Other teams playing in four competitions have no injury problems.

Really? Arsenal have had injuries, a crisis in defence and midfield, United have had injuries, Chelsea have had injuries to Hazard and City have had a lot of injuries across their midfield all season. KDB injured a lot, Fernandinho injured, David Silva injured, Gundogan injured, Kompany injured, Mendy injured, Bravo injured and Jesus injured. Spurs have had injuries to Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Trippier, Aurier, Dembele, Alli, Moura, Lamela and now Kane. Every team has their injuries throughout a season, don’t make us out to be the only team that has.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:30:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #365: Jan 15, 2019 02:32:27 pm
      Yes, loaning out Clyne is a mismanagement with all these injuries.

Based on what? About 2 appearances in 2 years?

Christ anyone would think Trent was out for the rest of the season and we had no one else capable of playing at RB.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,669 posts | 759 
      • YNWA
      Reply #366: Jan 15, 2019 02:43:31 pm
      Overreaction time again - panic stations  :mad:

We've a RB injured. And we just loaned out a backup RB. If you think that makes complete sense, fair enough.
      Personally would've slotted Clyne in if he was here. But he's not, so... Don't see too many overreacting [yet].
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 03:02:13 pm by bmck »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,780 posts | 1591 
      Reply #367: Jan 15, 2019 02:53:26 pm
      Based on what? About 2 appearances in 2 years?

Christ anyone would think Trent was out for the rest of the season and we had no one else capable of playing at RB.

Clyne was still an option and a bloody good one as well, getting rid of him was FUCKING STUPID, no other way of looking at it. I can only assume that he didn't kiss Klopp's arse or didn't hug him back or something ;-) IN all seriousness the only explanation I'd accept would be if Clyne was being openly disruptive to the team.
      Clyne is a much better RB than Milner. Milner will be ok defensively but will offer f**k all going forwards, plus Milner has been looking knackered in recent games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,895 posts | 2740 
      Reply #368: Jan 15, 2019 03:01:09 pm
      Clyne was still an option and a bloody good one as well, getting rid of him was FUCKING STUPID, no other way of looking at it. I can only assume that he didn't kiss Klopp's arse or didn't hug him back or something ;-) IN all seriousness the only explanation I'd accept would be if Clyne was being openly disruptive to the team.
      Clyne is a much better RB than Milner. Milner will be ok defensively but will offer f**k all going forwards, plus Milner has been looking knackered in recent games.

If anything Milner will offer a lot more going forward it’s his lack of turning pace which will be the issue esp against the likes of Zaha.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,336 posts | 690 
      Reply #369: Jan 15, 2019 03:46:46 pm
      Judging by today there gonna be a lot of sleepless nights for some come end March April if we happen to still be in this position , serious bit of chilling out is required , because there going to be some bumps in the road it’s how we deal with them that counts .
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,364 posts | 1577 
      Reply #370: Jan 15, 2019 04:15:51 pm
      I'd say give Camacho a good run of games!!!
      heimdall

• 7,780 posts | 1591 
      Reply #371: Jan 15, 2019 04:19:49 pm
      I'd say give Camacho a good run of games!!!

We may not have any other option now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #372: Jan 15, 2019 05:12:06 pm
      Milner will be ok defensively but will offer f**k all going forwards,

What does Clyne offer going forward that Milner doesn’t? More pace and that’s all. He hasn’t got a cross or a pass on him like Milner has. One of the reasons Trent so easily became first choice ahead of Clyne is because he offers so much more going forward. It’s always been known that Clyne offers very little threat going forward, he’s got pace but he can’t pick a cross to save his life.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #373: Jan 15, 2019 05:17:28 pm
      The point I'm trying to make is Why is it so essential to loan a RB out. We are challenging for a league title that we have not won for 29 years for God's sake!!! Why making the squad thinner than it already is????

A point you were trying to make by making inaccurate statements?
      If we don’t win the league this season, it won’t be because we loaned out our 4th, maybe 5th choice RB that’s played about twice in 2 years. It will be because we had a 7 point gap and monumentally bottled it.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,403 posts | 126 
      Reply #374: Jan 15, 2019 09:28:50 pm
      We need Fab thru the middle, so Milner at RB, simple! He did pretty well against Wolves and his positional discipline will probably be adequate vs Zaha. But just a tad concerned on the Milner-Matip axis against Zaha though, esp Matip just back from injury.

Err... how about we sign this Zaha before Palace game, but that may require a copter or something like that.
      ha ha  hope you're not take it seriously mate :D

Get well soon Trent.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #375: Jan 16, 2019 09:09:56 am
      Hope his injury isn't too serious and that he comes back sooner than in 4 weeks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #376: Jan 16, 2019 01:23:54 pm
      Hope his injury isn't too serious and that he comes back sooner than in 4 weeks.

Think he will be back for West Ham game personally. Ruled out for 2-4 weeks at the moment. The 11 day break between games after Palace is a big bonus to have with players recovering.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,008 posts | 854 
      Reply #377: Jan 17, 2019 12:48:33 am
      https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1085216692337340416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1085216692337340416&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.empireofthekop.com%2F2019%2F01%2F16%2Fjurgen-klopps-squad-set-to-be-strengthened-next-week-after-injury-blow%2F

Not sure how (un)reliable Maddock is. I don't use twitter, but saw this on Facebook. The injury doesn't seem to be too bad and Gomez will be back soon.

We'll be fine. We have plenty of time inbetween games to recover and to get our gameplans spot on, whoever is playing RB during these games. Looks like Klopp also really values Milner's presence on the pitch, which makes it even easier to understand why he let go of Clyne. He'd rather play Milner at RB than not play him at all if it means picking him ahead of Clyne.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,559 posts | 134 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #378: Jan 18, 2019 01:44:49 pm
      Klopp just said trent probably wont play v palace, but was looking good.

Means its not as bad as some have made out.

brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,559 posts | 134 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #379: Jan 18, 2019 01:45:48 pm
      Klopp just said trent probably wont play v palace, but was looking good.

Means its not as bad as some have made out.

actually.....

Klopp on injuries: "Gini and Trent we will decide day by day. The exceptional part is that they both played 90mins (at Brighton). Trent, what a boy! It was just what happened before the game, playing didn't make it worse. It will be close for tomorrow."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,226 posts | 2959 
      Reply #380: Jan 18, 2019 03:41:29 pm
      So all that panic about Trent being out for a month, we should have kept Clyne, it was a mistake loaning out Clyne etc looks to have been far too premature.
      heimdall

• 7,780 posts | 1591 
      Reply #381: Jan 18, 2019 03:58:30 pm
      So all that panic about Trent being out for a month, we should have kept Clyne, it was a mistake loaning out Clyne etc looks to have been far too premature.

just a bit yeah ;-) I still think it was a mistake to loan out Clyne but hopefully now with players returning it won't be a factor and won't adversely affect us.
      LondonRed83

• 8,146 posts | 892 
      Reply #382: Jan 18, 2019 06:03:35 pm
      I don’t praise this guy enough. What an incredible talent - took his chance and f**king nailed it.

Hopefully in the team for 10+ years to come.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #383: Jan 18, 2019 06:23:34 pm

It looks like Klopp made the right decision, after all.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,669 posts | 759 
      • YNWA
      Reply #384: Jan 18, 2019 11:59:14 pm
      Would be great news if TAA is not as injured as originally thought.

This is the Klopp/TAA conversation:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/92d2c6ed-1440-4917-a933-c3ce28b1e643
      BostonScouse
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 75 
      Reply #385: Jan 19, 2019 12:24:35 am
      Don’t get why people are saying about Clyne, he only played once last time Trent was out injured so I doubt he’d have played this time. Fabinho is more than capable of doing a job at RB and I think his performances at CB in the last couple of games will lead to him being used there. If not then there is Milner who we already know can do a job there, and we also have Camacho. On top of that, we have an 11 day break after the Palace game so I think there is every chance Gomez could be back for the following game.

Don’t see a lack of cover as an issue to be honest. Clyne was virtually irrelevant last time Trent was injured so I don’t see why it would have been any different this time.

Right, but....

A lot of things are different from the last time Trent was out. For instance, Gomez is still out injured, and I think given his progression at CB it's somewhat of a shame each time we have to play him at RB instead of next to VVD. Likewise w/Fabinho: for me he's earned his spot in midfield and we are visibly poorer there in his absence, and even though I haven't seen him play at RB I have to think his influence on the game would wane should he be deployed there.
      And finally, while Jimmy offers great utility and is a great option to have for covering several positions, I'm not sure he'll have the legs to keep up with the likes of Zaha.

Some are clearly going overboard with their criticism of the move, but I do feel that letting Clyne go (especially at the start of the window, as opposed to later on) makes our squad less strong than it was.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,828 posts | 2423 
      Reply #386: Jan 19, 2019 09:40:53 am
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46930825

Trent to be offered new 5 year deal.
      Full story on link.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,206 posts | 245 
      Reply #387: Jan 19, 2019 09:59:55 am

Now confirmed he's signed a new long term deal.

Great news.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,369 posts | 2199 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #388: Jan 19, 2019 10:10:29 am
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 10:15:58 am by racerx34 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,915 posts | 1048 
      Reply #389: Jan 19, 2019 10:42:45 am
      A true Scouse and a superb young footballer.

Well done Trent!

Quick Reply