Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196642 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Aug 02, 2015 03:29:48 pm

Arnold was previously the captain of Liverpool’s Under-16 team, who were managed at the time by new first-team coach Pepijn Lijnders, before he was promoted to captain the Under-18 team last season.

Trent, who doesn’t turn 17 until October, is also capable of playing at centre-back and in defensive midfield. He will be looking to take advantage of what is a wonderful opportunity for him today – with Andre Wisdom having gone out on loan there is a potential place in the first-team squad to play for.

He is described as hardworking, technically gifted and has previously been compared with former captain Steven Gerrard.

In quotes taken by the Liverpool Echo, the player recently explained a little more about who he is. He said: “I’m from West Derby in Liverpool, and I don’t know anybody else from my area that has played at a World Cup.

“It just doesn’t happen to lads like me. I’ll be trying so hard to get there – it would be an unforgettable experience,” he said. “I played for Country Park in the Walton and Kirkdale League. The first World Cup I can remember is in 2006 when Italy won it. To play in a tournament like that at youth level would be amazing.

“I always used to pretend to be Stevie G when I was playing as a kid as he is a Scouser. Everyone looks up to him. I don’t think there is any footballer that doesn’t recognise his talent and what he has done for his club and country at World Cups. Now I may get that chance.”

He makes his first-team debut at right-back in a friendly against Swindon.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 01:45:46 pm by RedPuppy »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 02, 2015 05:33:03 pm
      Good luck to the lad, hope to see him wearing the red jersey for years to come.

Would love to see more lads getting a chance this season - again, I reiterate, we ain't going nowhere til we have our youth up and running. There's no way a club like Liverpool can outwit bigger spending teams in the transfer market, so we will have to look closer to home for answers.

At the very least, they can provide squad depth, and hopefully, a few diamonds are unearthed at the same time.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: Aug 02, 2015 05:49:54 pm
      Good luck to the lad, hope to see him wearing the red jersey for years to come.

Granted it was judged on a single appearance but I was very impressed with this young lad, think he's got a big future indeed. Interesting to hear Debs tell us about his work with Pepjin and the probability of him being the driving force in his fast track.

Certainly will get plenty of attention now, well played young man.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Aug 03, 2015 11:57:23 am
      Well, I can tell everyone that I've followed this lads career since yesterday.

Bright future, maybe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Aug 03, 2015 12:29:53 pm
      Never even heard of him and was shocked to even see him in the team but he was solid enough. Looked better in that one performance for us than Johnson did over his entire time with us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5: Aug 03, 2015 02:45:52 pm
      Arnold was previously the captain of Liverpool’s Under-16 team, who were managed at the time by new first-team coach Pepijn Lijnders, before he was promoted to captain the Under-18 team last season.

One advantage of Lijnders being on the senior coaching staff is we might get to see a few Academy products in the 18 for League Cup and Europa. Lijnders has the inside track on a lot of these kids.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #6: Jul 09, 2016 10:05:52 am
      This kid has some talent, in the second half, he was brilliant. Stunning run with a good assist for Danny's goal. Keep working hard kid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Jul 09, 2016 10:24:22 am

Trent, who doesn’t turn 17 until October, is also capable of playing at centre-back and in defensive midfield. He will be looking to take advantage of what is a wonderful opportunity for him today – with Andre Wisdom having gone out on loan there is a potential place in the first-team squad to play for.

He is described as hardworking, technically gifted and has previously been compared with former captain Steven Gerrard.

In quotes taken by the Liverpool Echo, the player recently explained a little more about who he is. He said: “I’m from West Derby in Liverpool, and I don’t know anybody else from my area that has played at a World Cup.

“It just doesn’t happen to lads like me. I’ll be trying so hard to get there – it would be an unforgettable experience,” he said. “I played for Country Park in the Walton and Kirkdale League. The first World Cup I can remember is in 2006 when Italy won it. To play in a tournament like that at youth level would be amazing.

“I always used to pretend to be Stevie G when I was playing as a kid as he is a Scouser. Everyone looks up to him. I don’t think there is any footballer that doesn’t recognise his talent and what he has done for his club and country at World Cups. Now I may get that chance.”

He makes his first-team debut at right-back in a friendly against Swindon.

Isn't that first pic Yan Dhanda?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #8: Jul 09, 2016 04:03:04 pm

I think so, can't edit it therefore I will post it here

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #9: Jul 09, 2016 04:39:10 pm

Looks like him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jul 20, 2016 04:29:48 pm
      Trent was supposed to be joining up with the u21s in Germany after tonights game but is now going on the US Tour after impressing in his pre season games.

Great stuff!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jul 20, 2016 10:56:23 pm
      Trent was supposed to be joining up with the u21s in Germany after tonights game but is now going on the US Tour after impressing in his pre season games.

Great stuff!

That's brilliant and fully deserves his chance after playing so well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2016 02:05:48 pm
      On the Tour of USA, I wonder if JĂźrgen is going to give him a chance as back up to Clyne.

He's a bit young and inexperienced but if your good enough you need to be given a chance.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #13: Aug 07, 2016 01:42:10 pm
      He moved up in the order because Flanagan is loaned out and he is being played in friendlies before Randall. He is the back-up of Clyne.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2016 06:14:40 pm
      This boy looks some talent every time I see him in the unders he's ripping it up what a goal he scored yesterday
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2016 06:24:02 pm
      This boy looks some talent every time I see him in the unders he's ripping it up what a goal he scored yesterday

He's like that near enough every single game. Can't wait to see how he's going to develop in the next few years, he's not even 18 yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Oct 08, 2016 04:14:15 pm
      Scored twice for England u19s in the 3-1 defeat of Croatia.  A left foot volley and from the penalty spot.  Keep it up lad!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #17: Oct 25, 2016 10:42:00 pm
      Could go all the way this lad .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Oct 26, 2016 04:28:54 am

Special talent. Sooooooo far ahead of the other u23s IMO. Love him as a player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Oct 30, 2016 07:36:06 am
      Not much said of this kid with you lot  :D don't you recognise talent when you see it.  ;D not even a page on him. Looks very promising.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2016 08:59:00 am
      Not much said of this kid with you lot  :D don't you recognise talent when you see it.  ;D not even a page on him. Looks very promising.

We recognise it mate but he's hardly done anything yet, he's still very much a youth player.

Thankfully we have a strong enough squad to not push him into the limelight too soon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Nov 29, 2016 09:37:51 pm
      What a talent. Great ball for the first goal. Has it all. Huge future ahead
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Nov 29, 2016 09:52:52 pm
      We definitely have our back up right back for the foreseeable future until he ousts Clyne from the team :D. Well done lad!

Quick Reply