Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196633 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #23: Nov 29, 2016 10:20:52 pm
      Showed inexperience at times which is understandable but a bright future in front of him and a good back up to Clyne.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Nov 29, 2016 10:36:29 pm
      We definitely have our back up right back for the foreseeable future until he ousts Clyne from the team :D. Well done lad!

Interesting what Carra said after the game mate, that there was a reason why we left ourselves with just Clyne as a 1st team RB.  He'll not oust him in the foreseeable future but give it a couple of seasons  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Nov 29, 2016 10:37:50 pm
      Interesting what Carra said after the game mate, that there was a reason why we left ourselves with just Clyne as a 1st team RB.  He'll not oust him in the foreseeable future but give it a couple of seasons  ;D

It definitely makes sense and he suits us far more than the likes of Flanagan & Wisdom have done in past seasons.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Nov 29, 2016 10:47:12 pm

Indeed Debs, huge future for TAA. For his age he's exceptional, he's that good that I'm judging him on par with Clyne now which in a way is unfair on TAA but he is not far away at all in my opinion.

In attack he's going to be an enormous upgrade, Clyne still has him in the defending and consistency stakes at the moment but I expect that to come quite quickly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Nov 29, 2016 11:00:21 pm
      It definitely makes sense and he suits us far more than the likes of Flanagan & Wisdom have done in past seasons.

Indeed Debs, huge future for TAA. For his age he's exceptional, he's that good that I'm judging him on par with Clyne now which in a way is unfair on TAA but he is not far away at all in my opinion.

In attack he's going to be an enormous upgrade, Clyne still has him in the defending and consistency stakes at the moment but I expect that to come quite quickly.

Definitey mate.  His delivery from out wide is nearly on a par with Stevies  :f_whistle:

His defending and positional play will come with experience but the attacking side isn't far off already. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28: Nov 29, 2016 11:24:18 pm
      A few wayward passes, but a real desire to get involved in the game. Great attitude, and a worthy MOTM recipient.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2016 07:28:42 am
      I thought he had a very good game against Leeds,his distribution was excellent.If he continues to progress we have got a star in the making.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2016 11:08:42 am
      Im very excited by TAA's progress. That was a very good performance last night and fills me with lots of belief that he could have a significant future at the club if he progresses as currently.
      Well played lad!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2016 11:27:49 am
      Love this lad. And the way he and Woodburn celebrated each others contributions was brilliant to see.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Dec 01, 2016 02:49:15 am
      Very good young player
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2017 07:43:03 pm
      Decent today, good energy etc. Crossing was a bit hit and miss and didn't see anything of him defensively, but looks quick and a good athlete.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2017 07:45:49 pm
      Decent today, good energy etc. Crossing was a bit hit and miss and didn't see anything of him defensively, but looks quick and a good athlete.

Crossing was a lot more miss than hit today but he does look like a decent player.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2017 06:16:28 pm
      Not bashing the lad, but think it was clear he struggled today.
      Not sure how bad Clyne is, but hopefully he gets back soon for the PL matches.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2017 06:26:20 pm

Harsh that mate

First league start for the lad away at the toilet, they targeted him and yeah he had a shaky spell but all in all did well in a positive draw away at Utd

Thought he did very well in the circumstances myself
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2017 06:33:08 pm
      Harsh that mate

First league start for the lad away at the toilet, they targeted him and yeah he had a shaky spell but all in all did well in a positive draw away at Utd

Thought he did very well in the circumstances myself

You would not be saying that if Martial/Mkhitaryan would have scored when he lost the ball in the midfield, not to mention letting Rooney cross at their goal.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2017 06:35:32 pm
      You would not be saying that if Martial/Mkhitaryan would have scored when he lost the ball in the midfield, not to mention letting Rooney cross at their goal.

Coulda woulda shoulda

He's a kid thrown in at old Trafford for his league debut and was targeted by Mourinho and some top quality players

He did well in my opinion

People expecting him to be perfect in that situation are f**king deluded
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2017 06:48:27 pm

First PL start and he had to deal with Martial. That same player who dribbled past our entire defense to score on his first shot last season. The same Martial who scored 4 in his last 5 appearances. Most defenders in the league would have found it hard to deal with him. I thought the kid did quite well under the circumstance. Of course the sooner Clyne is back the better.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2017 06:56:33 pm

Don't expect him to be perfect. He's a young lad. But looking at the bald facts, how he played today, I thought he played like the young lad he is lacking experience at that level. Don't think Martial was great either, was hauled off.
      Didn't cost us, but on another day, it might have.
      Kopite78
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2017 07:10:39 pm
      Don't expect him to be perfect. He's a young lad. But looking at the bald facts

Looking at the bold facts?  He made his league debut at old Trafford in a positive result ....

Look if I was rating him I'd probably give him a 6 but Ffs he didn't know he was starting 5 hours ago, not only did he not know he was starting but he would probably am have thought there was less than 1% chance that he'd make his league debut at Utd given Clyne's injury record, yet he came in and did well given the circumstances

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2017 07:14:13 pm
      Looking at the bold facts?  He made his league debut at old Trafford in a positive result ....

Look if I was rating him I'd probably give him a 6 but Ffs he didn't know he was starting 5 hours ago, not only did he not know he was starting but he would probably am have thought there was less than 1% chance that he'd make his league debut at Utd given Clyne's injury record, yet he came in and did well given the circumstances

I'd have given him a 5 so we're not that far apart then
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2017 07:14:48 pm
      Coulda woulda shoulda

He's a kid thrown in at old Trafford for his league debut and was targeted by Mourinho and some top quality players

He did well in my opinion

I agree with all of this apart from the 'he did well' part because... Well he was sh*te, really really sh*te. One of the worst performances I've ever seen for Liverpool... Cold hard facts.

THAT BEING SAID

I think that if Klopp trusts him to play in these games that shows you that he is a real talent. I've been big on him for a while now and I think our manager is too.

All tonight shows us is that he's not ready to face top level opposition yet, but I think we all knew that anyway! Moreover, at his age he's not meant to be. Huge learning experience for him today and I hope he takes loads away from this and we can see him come back stronger!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2017 07:47:03 pm
      OptaMissi ‏@MessiLob
      Liverpools 18 year old right back Alexander-Arnold completed more passes, dribbles and created more chances than £89m man Pogba today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2017 07:56:23 pm
      OptaMissi ‏@MessiLob
      Liverpools 18 year old right back Alexander-Arnold completed more passes, dribbles and created more chances than £89m man Pogba today.

Yet some of our fans choose to lay into an inexperienced 18 year old who was making his first start in a big BIG match. Given a lot of praise tonight by a lot out there including Alan Green and the 5 Live team.

Quick Reply