Trending Topics

Next match: Wolves v LFC [Premier League] Fri 21st Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Molineux

Today is the 17th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W13 D2 L4

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread

Read 20529 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,803 posts | 2450 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #180: Mar 13, 2018 12:03:50 am
      The lads gutted enough without the fans getting on his back. He would have been sick watching that replay.

He will bounce back.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,792 posts | 1615 
      Reply #181: Mar 13, 2018 11:06:09 am
      But that means football as a culture has to change. Us as fans have to accept youngsters are going to have the odd dodgy game but stick with them rather than writing them off as soon as they have their first below par game. Owners have to stick with managers who are looking to build something by developing their youngsters rather than sacking a manager every couple of years. And managers need to have a pair of balls and stick with the youngsters they think can be good enough in a few years time rather than hooking them out the side as soon as one result goes tits up.

After reading some of sh*t thrown the way of Trent Alexander-Arnold, it looks as if some are remaining the same way of "the teenager has one bad game therefore he's not good enough." Hopefully Klopp doesn't go that way and keeps faith with Trent because the lad could be something special.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,079 posts | 3132 
      Reply #182: Mar 13, 2018 11:28:18 am
      Experience is the best teacher. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and applied and he'll get better because of it. That's what Klopp's here for...to make sure he learns and continues to improve...not to bench him and destroy his confidence.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,808 posts | 141 
      Reply #183: Mar 13, 2018 12:13:31 pm
      Klopp should keep on playing this lad, going to improve for sure, to my mind.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,882 posts | 1358 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #184: Mar 13, 2018 12:31:41 pm
      After reading some of sh*t thrown the way of Trent Alexander-Arnold, it looks as if some are remaining the same way of "the teenager has one bad game therefore he's not good enough." Hopefully Klopp doesn't go that way and keeps faith with Trent because the lad could be something special.

Spot on, unless you are a freak of nature like pele or messi then dips in form are inevitable,  wasn't all that long ago he was playing in midfield
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,384 posts | 1780 
      Reply #185: Mar 13, 2018 01:21:36 pm
      Spot on, unless you are a freak of nature like pele or messi then dips in form are inevitable,  wasn't all that long ago he was playing in midfield

My only vaguely negative thought re the kid is whether he’s a full back longer term?

His instincts seem more suited to the middle to me - for obvious reasons.

I don’t consider it criticism to suggest that - right now -against the top teams he has defensive vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

Some of the comments however have been pish.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #186: Mar 13, 2018 02:44:20 pm
      Anyone giving this lad sh*t over Rashford should remember Fowler doing similar to Neville in 95 and look at the career he had
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,882 posts | 1358 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #187: Mar 13, 2018 06:44:18 pm
      My only vaguely negative thought re the kid is whether he’s a full back longer term?

His instincts seem more suited to the middle to me - for obvious reasons.

I don’t consider it criticism to suggest that - right now -against the top teams he has defensive vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

Some of the comments however have been pish.

Yeah, must admit having seen him play in midfield there were similarities to a young stevie, especially in terms of his leggy running.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,993 posts | 2386 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #188: Mar 14, 2018 10:45:58 am
      No worse than what Gomez and Clyne have produced before him. But his crosses and attacking play make up for it while he learns positioning at the back.

Still my first choice for now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,557 posts | 2557 
      Reply #189: Mar 14, 2018 10:52:20 am
      No worse than what Gomez and Clyne have produced before him. But his crosses and attacking play make up for it while he learns positioning at the back.

Still my first choice for now.

I would not play him against the Top 6 as he is too naive defensively, doesn’t matter against the sh*te as we have the majority of the ball.

Not sure exactly what his attacking or crosses has done to negate his defensive frailties.
      1 assist so far.........

Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,630 posts | 937 
      Reply #190: Mar 14, 2018 11:32:52 am
      Seen he's gone an apologized to the fans on Twitter, absolutely no need in my books.

Hang in there Trent lad.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,993 posts | 2386 
      Reply #191: Mar 14, 2018 11:55:05 am
      I would not play him against the Top 6 as he is too naive defensively, doesn’t matter against the sh*te as we have the majority of the ball.

Not sure exactly what his attacking or crosses has done to negate his defensive frailties.
      1 assist so far.........

What about Gomez? His defence in the same situation, as well as dealing with aerial duels and getting sucked in under the ball, is no better.

And he's excellent with his crosses. I dont need a stat to tell me otherwise.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,557 posts | 2557 
      Reply #192: Mar 14, 2018 12:09:01 pm
      What about Gomez? His defence in the same situation, as well as dealing with aerial duels and getting sucked in under the ball, is no better.

And he's excellent with his crosses. I dont need a stat to tell me otherwise.

Personally I would have a fit Clyne against Top competition.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #193: Mar 14, 2018 12:48:39 pm
      The lad is 19 and a great prospect, away games at OT are always difficult and he had a bad day, it happens to everyone, let alone someone so young. Also the overall state of our defence in this game was poor, just look at Lovren who is way more experienced.

I think he needs confidence and the support of the fans and the manager, i believe that under the right guidance he will be a very good RB for us, just as Gomez will be a starter in our defence alongside Matip/VVD.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,993 posts | 2386 
      Reply #194: Mar 14, 2018 01:20:57 pm
      Personally I would have a fit Clyne against Top competition.

In my opinion Clyne offered little at both ends. Very dire before his injury.

Also, wasnt it against the Mancs where TAA had a stormer prior to the weekend? Could be wrong.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,432 posts | 701 
      • YNWA
      Reply #195: Mar 31, 2018 07:20:08 pm
      He is young and will improve and has potential. Know people don't like criticising him.
      But right now his lapses in concentration are costing us, he's struggling.
      Not sure how far Clyne is away from fitness, but would worry a bit with TAA going up against City..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,557 posts | 2557 
      Reply #196: Apr 01, 2018 12:36:14 am

Also, wasnt it against the Mancs where TAA had a stormer prior to the weekend? Could be wrong.

Very wrong.

I am still of the opinion that Trent will end up as a good midfielder for us.
      At the moment he isn’t showing any signs that he is learning from the same defensive issues he is displaying almost every game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2018 12:40:54 am by HScRed1 »
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,809 posts | 382 
      Reply #197: Apr 01, 2018 01:10:58 am
      He needs to learn how to take a f***in throw in correctly, thats for sure. :f_whistle:.

agree though, defo more midfield in the future.
      trebor12
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 952 posts | 60 
      Reply #198: Apr 01, 2018 01:11:48 pm
      The boy does have lots of potential that's for sure but this is the Premier league and mistakes that he has made and is making will catch us out. He constantly found himself on the wrong side of Zaha in the 1st half yesterday but Zaha is a very good player so I have to worry about him going up against Sane when we play City in the week because Sane is twice the player Zaha is. I'm hoping he has a stormer but Pep will target this area of weakness if Trent gets the nod. Was alot better in the 2nd half when he pushed further up and when we went 3 at the back so I wouldn't be surprised if Jürgen played this way next week.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,858 posts | 2975 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #199: Apr 03, 2018 04:02:07 pm
      Just listened to The Anfield Wrap podcast with him on. What an absolute diamond of a lad he is. If my kids grow up to be half the person he is I will be exceptionally proud.

I am not so sure he was dire defensively but offensively I remember a really high amount of our attacks ending with poor distribution from him. Think he got a little bit better before the injury but for the most part he was dire going forward.

AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #200: Apr 03, 2018 06:13:04 pm
      People need to remember every club we play is going to target our defense somewhere...that is inevitable.

On one side you have the worlds most expensive defender and the hottest FB in the country right now, on the other side you have a 19 yo who is still learning his trade and CB's that aren't the greatest...so of course they are going to target Trent.

When Clyne plays they will target him also...just the way it is.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | 54 
      Reply #201: Apr 04, 2018 12:03:05 am
      Fully trust the kid to do the job tomorrow night. He is a local lad and will be pumped to play his heart out for the fans. No doubt this is the biggest game of his career so far, but I'm sure he will rise to the challenge and make some people eat their words.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,202 posts | 2095 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #202: Apr 04, 2018 01:57:20 pm
      Start him tonight.
      Set him up to play offensively.
      Put City under pressure on that side.

Let him f**king breathe it all in.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,871 posts | 1381 
      Reply #203: Apr 04, 2018 02:19:56 pm
      Start him tonight.
      Set him up to play offensively.
      Put City under pressure on that side.

Let him f**king breathe it all in.

F**k it, I agree.
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,630 posts | 937 
      Reply #204: Apr 04, 2018 10:01:30 pm
      F***ing massive game Trent lad get in!

Balls of steel stepped up when it mattered!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | 54 
      Reply #205: Apr 04, 2018 10:08:59 pm
      Fully trust the kid to do the job tomorrow night. He is a local lad and will be pumped to play his heart out for the fans. No doubt this is the biggest game of his career so far, but I'm sure he will rise to the challenge and make some people eat their words.

So f***in pumped for the lad. He a feet taller after tonight.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,153 posts | 52 
      Reply #206: Apr 04, 2018 10:10:53 pm
      Best performance by a country mile tonight, learning fast this lad, still only 19, superb talent.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,128 posts | 4592 
      • YNWA
      Reply #207: Apr 04, 2018 10:28:41 pm
      19 years old, in that atmosphere, against a team of that calibre on a stage this big. Incredible.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,093 posts | 1312 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #208: Apr 04, 2018 10:41:24 pm
      Was caught daydreaming once in the second half which had me worried, but he stepped up big-time against one of the trickiest players in the league.
      Fantastic! This will do his confidence the world of good. Just watch him grow now!
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,671 posts | 1394 
      Reply #209: Apr 05, 2018 01:28:14 am
      Him and Karius have built up a nice little partnership, TAA always available for him.

Quick Reply