Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196620 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #231: Apr 20, 2018 02:10:22 pm
      Please, someone tell me they've seen this:

https://streamable.com/tuqqz

Compilation of Trent's best passes this season. F***ing glorious.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #232: Apr 20, 2018 08:58:01 pm
      Please, someone tell me they've seen this:

https://streamable.com/tuqqz

Compilation of Trent's best passes this season. F***ing glorious.
      Wow.

Some killer passes there but that one at around 0:18 takes the biscuit. Weak foot and all.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #233: Apr 21, 2018 08:41:34 am
      Cannot speak more highly of this lad... Made one or two mistakes (Will make more) But head never drops and he learns from them, and keeps trying.... Massive find for Liverpool... For me, give me TAA 247 he is better than Nathaniel Clyne
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #234: Apr 21, 2018 01:56:23 pm
      Him and Gomez are our future in defence, both are very good for their age, i really hope that Gomez develops in a reliable CB for us.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #235: Apr 26, 2018 10:31:26 am
      Beast mode.

Love this man.

Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #236: Apr 26, 2018 03:10:29 pm
      Love this lad.

My only fear for him is that I hope he makes it for the final.

He's on a yellow and my fear is he will be targeted in the 2nd leg.

Hope he makes it thru without getting another yellow.

If the score line had ended at 5-0 I would have proposed for him to be dropped for the 2nd leg.

But massive massive player and a great on for the future.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #237: Apr 26, 2018 03:14:00 pm
      Love this lad.

If the score line had ended at 5-0 I would have proposed for him to be dropped for the 2nd leg.

Could make a case for starting Clyne perhaps? Maybe too compromising though. Clyne just doesn't offer the instant breaks that TAA passing (and Robbo's) does.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #238: Apr 26, 2018 08:43:20 pm
      Love this lad.

It’s 3 yellows to miss a game mate so no risk there.......injury however.......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #239: Apr 30, 2018 01:22:57 pm
      I think the lad will grow into a top notch midfielder meself.

Needs to work on his first touch when receiving the ball in a scoring position, mind you by that token Salah needs to work on his finishing ;-)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #240: May 02, 2018 10:59:49 pm
      I was thinking today, whilst watching our game and TAA in action, he must be our best long ball passer and crosser of the ball. I can't think of anyone else better than him, his balls are so accurate, very Gerrard esq.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #241: May 03, 2018 04:51:22 am
      https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/991784668658794496?s=19

Allez Allez Allez.. Trentaaaaaaaa... Love having a local lad in the team..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #242: May 03, 2018 09:07:36 am
      Hopefully he has got the sh*t performance out of his system as he was all over the place last night.

Rinsed by El Shaaraway way too easily and involved in two of their goals plus could have given away a penalty.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #243: May 03, 2018 11:07:55 am
      Hopefully he has got the sh*t performance out of his system as he was all over the place last night.

Rinsed by El Shaaraway way too easily and involved in two of their goals plus could have given away a penalty.

Yeah he had a bad one. He was very good in the first leg though. Basically he's 19 and so inconsistency is to be expected.

He's a really talented player who could still be our first choice RB in 2030 ( sh*t - 2030!), but to me that RB position is the one question mark for the final. My heart says play TAA cos he helped get us there, but my head says Clyne at this point is a safer bet.

I'd like to see Clyne start against Chelsea, show he's fit ( he looked good the other week - against City if I remember rightly?). It's a tough choice, but if he's fit and ready I'd start Clyne in the final. However, fresh legs in midfield in the 2nd half would be handy - Trent would be those fresh legs, so for me he'd still play, just not start ( and it'd be in midfield).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #244: May 03, 2018 11:26:29 am
      Yeah he had a bad one. He was very good in the first leg though. Basically he's 19 and so inconsistency is to be expected.

He's a really talented player who could still be our first choice RB in 2030 ( sh*t - 2030!), but to me that RB position is the one question mark for the final. My heart says play TAA cos he helped get us there, but my head says Clyne at this point is a safer bet.

I'd like to see Clyne start against Chelsea, show he's fit ( he looked good the other week - against City if I remember rightly?). It's a tough choice, but if he's fit and ready I'd start Clyne in the final. However, fresh legs in midfield in the 2nd half would be handy - Trent would be those fresh legs, so for me he'd still play, just not start ( and it'd be in midfield).

Clyne a safer bet? Personally I dont trust him coming on as a sub, let alone starting a Champions League final. Trent had a bad game but what about the 2 games where he completely done a number on Sane, and the first leg where he barely put a foot wrong. I just can’t see Clyne ever putting in a performance now, to the standard TAA has in 3 of the last 4 CL games and he certainly offers no attacking threat in the slightest. When Clyne has played bit parts in recent weeks, I think he has looked abysmal. Not rated him for a long time now and he’s one of the first out the door in the summer IMO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #245: May 03, 2018 11:51:24 am
      Clyne a safer bet? Personally I dont trust him coming on as a sub, let alone starting a Champions League final. Trent had a bad game but what about the 2 games where he completely done a number on Sane, and the first leg where he barely put a foot wrong. I just can’t see Clyne ever putting in a performance now, to the standard TAA has in 3 of the last 4 CL games and he certainly offers no attacking threat in the slightest. When Clyne has played bit parts in recent weeks, I think he has looked abysmal. Not rated him for a long time now and he’s one of the first out the door in the summer IMO.

Only thing abysmal is your assessment of Clyne’s bit part performances after coming back from a potentially career ending injury  :roll:

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #246: May 03, 2018 11:57:43 am

Don't recognise that Clyne at all. I thought he played well in his one start since his injury ( Everton it was). The question is whether he's back to full fitness, hence why I'd like to see him against Chelsea. But he was up and down the flank against Everton, looked surprisingly fit given how long he was out I thought. Anyway, final or not, the guy is a solid defender, no way we should be looking to sell him.

Back on TAA - our midfield are tiring by the end of games now, not surprisingly. TAA can play CM in my opinion. Having him come on for eg Gini for the last 15 minutes could be very handy in itself, just to keep our pressing going.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #247: May 03, 2018 12:24:59 pm
      Only thing abysmal is your assessment of Clyne’s bit part performances after coming back from a potentially career ending injury  :roll:

Oh don’t worry, I thought he was well below standard long before his injury too.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2018 12:45:21 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #248: May 03, 2018 12:39:38 pm
      One thing I’ve noticed with Trent is that he seems to send clearances back over the middle a bit.  Even Robertson did it in the Roma game a few times. 

I’m no footie expert but they seem to always say that whenever you clear the ball, it should be away from the middle of the pitch.  Just boot it out.  Whereas our lads seem to kick it straight back in the middle, and often the other team gets it right back and we’re on the back foot again.  Surely that’s something basic they’ve worked on?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #249: May 03, 2018 12:43:19 pm
      One thing I’ve noticed with Trent is that he seems to send clearances back over the middle a bit.  Even Robertson did it in the Roma game a few times. 

I’m no footie expert but they seem to always say that whenever you clear the ball, it should be away from the middle of the pitch.  Just boot it out.  Whereas our lads seem to kick it straight back in the middle, and often the other team gets it right back and we’re on the back foot again.  Surely that’s something basic they’ve worked on?

I get what you’re saying. Something I’ve noticed is that when he’s facing our goal and got a player chasing him down he will awkwardly try and kick the ball back down field on the turn, done it a couple times yesterday it went straight back to one of their players and they were straight on the attack again. Sometimes you need to just put the ball out for a throw, take the brief few seconds to compose yourself and get yourself into a better position to defend. But he’s young, things will only get better with him, even Messi wasn’t the finished article at 19.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #250: May 03, 2018 01:14:44 pm
      Had a rough one, but that could be expected, he’s 19 facing a hostile crowd in a game where they threw the kitchen sink at us. I feel like he will be ok. Need to have Clyne ready to go though at a moments notice.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #251: May 03, 2018 11:16:39 pm
      We've gotten this far with him as #1 rb and that says a lot about TAA, he's a brilliant player for his age extremely mature for his age lets stick with him. At the end of the day we knew that Roma would give us problems like they did to Barca.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #252: May 04, 2018 01:27:54 pm
      Some interesting debate on whether Clyne could start the final at RB to give us fresh legs coming on in the middle of the park for later in the game. I must admit I am very worried by our lack of CM options when Hendo-Gini-Milner begin to tire and TAA is just about the only other option in there (I don't think Woodburn would get a look in) so it's not the worst shout in the world.

BUT, I think Marcelo will have a hard time with TAA and I don't think Clyne will have the fitness/sharpness to be ready for this one. The kid deserves to start the final, he's been terrific. Also, I want him on any righty free kicks.

Quick Reply