Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196724 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #345: Jan 15, 2019 12:29:31 pm

Just checked. No recall option for Clyne.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #346: Jan 15, 2019 12:31:38 pm
      I guess Milly plays there at the weekend and Joe when he's back fit in a couple of weeks.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #347: Jan 15, 2019 01:03:55 pm
      Fabinho is also the Brazil RB

If that means anything at all
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #348: Jan 15, 2019 01:08:00 pm
      Whats the panic? We have a brilliant squad  with ample cover everywhere and the players we got shot of only played 180 minutes between them....no problems here lads
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #349: Jan 15, 2019 01:08:48 pm
      Don’t get why people are saying about Clyne, he only played once last time Trent was out injured so I doubt he’d have played this time. Fabinho is more than capable of doing a job at RB and I think his performances at CB in the last couple of games will lead to him being used there. If not then there is Milner who we already know can do a job there, and we also have Camacho. On top of that, we have an 11 day break after the Palace game so I think there is every chance Gomez could be back for the following game.

Don’t see a lack of cover as an issue to be honest. Clyne was virtually irrelevant last time Trent was injured so I don’t see why it would have been any different this time.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #350: Jan 15, 2019 01:12:34 pm
      Yep, Fabinho at RB, saw him play there for Brazil last year when they came to US. No panic button yet!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #351: Jan 15, 2019 01:17:46 pm
      Overreaction time again - panic stations  :mad:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #352: Jan 15, 2019 01:31:27 pm
      Have a feeling that 11 day break could be massive for us whisk them off out of it re charge the troops and on we go just roll with it , Clyne has been irrelevant last season and a half don’t know why people would think he would make a massive difference now ,he’s gone move on more than enough to cope with it .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #353: Jan 15, 2019 01:37:03 pm
      It was a bad move to loan Clyne out. Said it before this injury and saying it now. Needlessly weakened our hand and when CL nights roll around again he would have got minutes.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #354: Jan 15, 2019 01:39:48 pm
      Yep, Fabinho at RB, saw him play there for Brazil last year when they came to US. No panic button yet!

That's just covering holes though. Ideally we want him bossing midfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #355: Jan 15, 2019 01:52:47 pm

Well hopefully Keita will start to show his worth then.
      I’m not worried about covering holes as you say, last season we played a back 3 in a game which had Can and Gini in it so I think we should be confident with Fab or whoever fills in at RB, chances are Gomez will be back for the following game and thanks to the 11 day break I wouldn’t be shocked to see Trent back for the West Ham game. Timescale on the injury so far is 2-4 weeks, it’s not serious. Don’t forget KDB was apparently meant to be out for a long time last season when he was strechered off with a knee injury, he was back for the following week. It all depends how well Trent recovers over the next week, he won’t lose a massive amount of fitness in that time and the fact he was able to play on so well against Brighton gives me confidence.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #356: Jan 15, 2019 02:06:07 pm

Exactly. We need him in midfield. Letting Clyne go was just plain mental. Absolutely no upside to it. We’re top of the league ffs?! Why would you possibly want to weaken the numbers.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #357: Jan 15, 2019 02:07:19 pm
      We need Fab thru the middle, so Milner at RB, simple! He did pretty well against Wolves and his positional discipline will probably be adequate vs Zaha. But just a tad concerned on the Milner-Matip axis against Zaha though, esp Matip just back from injury.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #358: Jan 15, 2019 02:11:30 pm
      Well hopefully Keita will start to show his worth then.
      I’m not worried about covering holes as you say, last season we played a back 3 in a game which had Can and Gini in it so I think we should be confident with Fab or whoever fills in at RB, chances are Gomez will be back for the following game and thanks to the 11 day break I wouldn’t be shocked to see Trent back for the West Ham game. Timescale on the injury so far is 2-4 weeks, it’s not serious. Don’t forget KDB was apparently meant to be out for a long time last season when he was strechered off with a knee injury, he was back for the following week. It all depends how well Trent recovers over the next week, he won’t lose a massive amount of fitness in that time and the fact he was able to play on so well against Brighton gives me confidence.

I just think it was an unnecessary risk to loan him out. It probably won't bite us on the backside and everything will be fine, but I just didn't see the need to risk it and a few more injuries in midfield or defence and it's looking like a mistake.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #359: Jan 15, 2019 02:13:53 pm
      I would expect Milner to be playing in TAA absence, not Fabinho based on Klopp going to Milner a couple of times over the season to play RB. As for TAA it sucks he picked injury but with our fixture list over the next few weeks not being too demanding hopefully he will be back for the difficult period of games in February (Bayern, Man Utd, Watford, Everton within 12 days)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #360: Jan 15, 2019 02:17:45 pm
      Now maybe people can see why I am saying we need another CB, Then at least we will have proper Cover for the Bayern game and Fab' can cover CB and RB...

Or we can be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKI2qaf5QQ
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #361: Jan 15, 2019 02:18:45 pm
      Just think it was an unnecessary risk to loan him out. It probably won't bite us on the backside and everything will be fine, but I just didn't see the need to risk it.

I just asked something in another thread so sorry for repeating myself.
      Would you think this if Clyne hadn’t played against the Mancs? Trent missed a few games at that time and that is the only game Clyne got, which happened to be when Milly was also missing, Gomez too obviously. Clyne played well that game but I can’t help but feel he’d still very much be the forgotten man had it not been for that one game. A lot of the time it’s been a case of people wondering why he’s not been involved with the team for so long when there is no news about him, people were asking was it injury? Was it something off the pitch we don’t know about? Was it a falling out with Klopp? Etc, when maybe, aside from the injuries, Klopp just doesn’t think Clyne is good enough or has shown enough in training and past performances to be a part of this team. Personally for me I don’t think he’s a loss of any significance, to me it’s almost like people have forgotten just how bang average he was for a lot of the time; his attacking play wasn’t good enough for how we played back then so I don’t think it would be now and his defending also left a lot to be desired. I will never deny he played well against the Mancs but I don’t think 1 performance shows enough because even Moreno has had the odd game of playing well.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:28:54 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #362: Jan 15, 2019 02:24:39 pm
      Mismanagement letting us down. Every morning there's another Liverpool defender out for weeks. Other teams playing in four competitions have no injury problems.

Really? Arsenal have had injuries, a crisis in defence and midfield, United have had injuries, Chelsea have had injuries to Hazard and City have had a lot of injuries across their midfield all season. KDB injured a lot, Fernandinho injured, David Silva injured, Gundogan injured, Kompany injured, Mendy injured, Bravo injured and Jesus injured. Spurs have had injuries to Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Trippier, Aurier, Dembele, Alli, Moura, Lamela and now Kane. Every team has their injuries throughout a season, don’t make us out to be the only team that has.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 02:30:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #363: Jan 15, 2019 02:32:27 pm
      Yes, loaning out Clyne is a mismanagement with all these injuries.

Based on what? About 2 appearances in 2 years?

Christ anyone would think Trent was out for the rest of the season and we had no one else capable of playing at RB.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #364: Jan 15, 2019 02:43:31 pm
      Overreaction time again - panic stations  :mad:

We've a RB injured. And we just loaned out a backup RB. If you think that makes complete sense, fair enough.
      Personally would've slotted Clyne in if he was here. But he's not, so... Don't see too many overreacting [yet].
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2019 03:02:13 pm by bmck »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #365: Jan 15, 2019 02:53:26 pm
      Based on what? About 2 appearances in 2 years?

Christ anyone would think Trent was out for the rest of the season and we had no one else capable of playing at RB.

Clyne was still an option and a bloody good one as well, getting rid of him was F***ing STUPID, no other way of looking at it. I can only assume that he didn't kiss Klopp's arse or didn't hug him back or something ;-) IN all seriousness the only explanation I'd accept would be if Clyne was being openly disruptive to the team.
      Clyne is a much better RB than Milner. Milner will be ok defensively but will offer F**k all going forwards, plus Milner has been looking knackered in recent games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #366: Jan 15, 2019 03:01:09 pm
      Clyne was still an option and a bloody good one as well, getting rid of him was F***ing STUPID, no other way of looking at it. I can only assume that he didn't kiss Klopp's arse or didn't hug him back or something ;-) IN all seriousness the only explanation I'd accept would be if Clyne was being openly disruptive to the team.
      Clyne is a much better RB than Milner. Milner will be ok defensively but will offer f**k all going forwards, plus Milner has been looking knackered in recent games.

If anything Milner will offer a lot more going forward it’s his lack of turning pace which will be the issue esp against the likes of Zaha.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #367: Jan 15, 2019 03:46:46 pm
      Judging by today there gonna be a lot of sleepless nights for some come end March April if we happen to still be in this position , serious bit of chilling out is required , because there going to be some bumps in the road it’s how we deal with them that counts .

Quick Reply