Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196631 times
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #529: Dec 08, 2019 10:30:24 am
      You guys think in the long term Trent is becoming too good to play RB? Or asked differently you think we could get even more out of him in a different position? Take Bale as an example. He started out as a LB early in his career.

If I see his passing and how he makes runs forward he just reminds me of a young Gerrard.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #530: Dec 08, 2019 10:35:01 am
      What a player
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #531: Dec 08, 2019 12:37:04 pm
      You guys think in the long term Trent is becoming too good to play RB? Or asked differently you think we could get even more out of him in a different position? Take Bale as an example. He started out as a LB early in his career.

If I see his passing and how he makes runs forward he just reminds me of a young Gerrard.

I think to say he's too good is undervaluing just how important our fullbacks are to our system. But I could see him ending up in midfield one day should we change our system at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #532: Dec 08, 2019 01:49:30 pm
      Keep him where he is, that’s where he’s most effective.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #533: Dec 08, 2019 02:47:43 pm

exactly if it aint broke don't try to fix it. He is already playing a forward role in midfield both he and Robbo are often the furthest player up the pitch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #534: Dec 08, 2019 04:04:27 pm

Trent is still learning the full back position, people can go on about his attacking play, but his defensive work still leaves a lot to be desired. Bale got moved because he is another one that was great going forward, but actually sh*t at the art of defending.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #535: Dec 09, 2019 05:32:59 am
      I say we buy a new RB and move TAA into the Center and get him to play like Stevie did. Can see him running at defenders and slipping that ball thru or a long pile driver from 40 yards out, he has 10 years to develop into the Best Midfielder to ever play the Game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #536: Dec 09, 2019 10:20:25 am
      Trent is still learning the full back position, people can go on about his attacking play, but his defensive work still leaves a lot to be desired. Bale got moved because he is another one that was great going forward, but actually sh*t at the art of defending.

Yeah but I think Trent will be better in time at defending and will become the best in his position for many years. Bale always caught my eye as an attacking player even when he was being slated, but I dont think Trent would be the goal threat of Bale.

We lose something in the team when Trent isnt at right back and I wouldn't move him from there for the rest of his career to be honest. The damage he does at full back is immense and then we still keep 3 great forwards on as well as him.

I wouldn't for example advocate putting him in the forward 3 if one of the current 3 were to leave like Bale was able to do at Spurs.

To me he is a full back who thrives in his position.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #537: Dec 09, 2019 04:34:40 pm
      I say we buy a new RB and move TAA into the Center and get him to play like Stevie did. Can see him running at defenders and slipping that ball thru or a long pile driver from 40 yards out, he has 10 years to develop into the Best Midfielder to ever play the Game.

I don't doubt he could be a quality midfielder, but with our setup I think he's in exactly the right position to make the biggest impact for our team and our success.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #538: Dec 09, 2019 10:31:42 pm
      Yeah but I think Trent will be better in time at defending and will become the best in his position for many years. Bale always caught my eye as an attacking player even when he was being slated, but I dont think Trent would be the goal threat of Bale.

We lose something in the team when Trent isnt at right back and I wouldn't move him from there for the rest of his career to be honest. The damage he does at full back is immense and then we still keep 3 great forwards on as well as him.

I wouldn't for example advocate putting him in the forward 3 if one of the current 3 were to leave like Bale was able to do at Spurs.

To me he is a full back who thrives in his position.

I still see him being able to play in midfield. But agree he'll continue to learn the defensive role the older he gets.

Make no mistake though teams do target him, saw it against Everton. Out of the two Robbo is the better full back.

But Trent's deliveries are akin to what Beckham used to deliver for the mancs.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #539: Dec 10, 2019 09:17:04 pm
      I still see him being able to play in midfield. But agree he'll continue to learn the defensive role the older he gets.

Make no mistake though teams do target him, saw it against Everton. Out of the two Robbo is the better full back.

But Trent's deliveries are akin to what Beckham used to deliver for the mancs.

Yeah if theres someone to target it will be him, but in the grand scheme of things he will make more goals than he costs us by a good margin.

With every game and experience he will improve.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #540: Dec 26, 2019 09:39:45 pm
      That smile on his face when he scored tells it all, this boy is enjoying every moment in the reds shirt.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #541: Dec 26, 2019 10:33:53 pm

spot on.

he is effective as a full back.

what a player
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #542: Dec 26, 2019 10:37:27 pm
      Brilliant brilliant performance from trent
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #543: Dec 26, 2019 10:44:40 pm
      Our wing backs are more important than our midfielders in an attacking sense Trent and Robbo are just unique
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #544: Dec 26, 2019 10:52:32 pm
      Our wing backs are more important than our midfielders in an attacking sense Trent and Robbo are just unique
      Totally agree the assists they’ve got between them speaks volumes .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #545: Dec 26, 2019 11:02:47 pm
      Totally agree the assists they’ve got between them speaks volumes .

apparently the Mancs are in a panic because Trent already has more than half of Scholes total career assists as a wing back.
      I thought we would never see another Liverpool lad have the influence on the club Stevie had but I may have to think again if this lad continues to develop as he has done so far
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #546: Dec 26, 2019 11:56:35 pm
      21 years old. Truly unbelievable talent. This lad could go on to achieve absolute greatness with us if he wishes to do so.

Outrageous talent, and if I can mention mancs, he's the best crosser of the ball the country has produced since Beckham.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #547: Dec 27, 2019 12:28:08 am
      Will be a LFC legend if he stays healthy. AMAZING scouse who will lift many trophies, captian the side for a long time, and be a one club kid.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #548: Dec 27, 2019 02:01:56 am
      MOTM easily today, was brilliant!

Love how he said the other day he wants to become a Liverpool Legend and for that to happen, he never wants to leave the Club. Here's to the next 10 Years, Trent. 🍻🍻🍻🍻
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #549: Dec 27, 2019 06:28:46 am
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #550: Dec 27, 2019 11:35:08 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #551: Dec 27, 2019 08:48:33 pm
      Hearing and seeing comparisons lately of Trent with David Beckham, and I'm not having it.

The comparisons are because Trent delivers a ball so fantastically well. I know Beckham could serve a great ball but he was a one-trick pony accompanied by a hype machine. Trent is still improving but he is a MUCH MORE rounded and complete footballer than Beckham ever was. The comparison is actually shallow and lazy.

You might say a particular cross or free kick is Beckhamesque but stop it with the player comparisons. There's so much more to Trent's game.

Quick Reply