Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196632 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #552: Dec 30, 2019 09:22:32 am
      He's so hot right now...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #553: Jan 21, 2020 07:09:42 pm

Mbappe on BBC Sport vid today praising Trent and calling us a "Machine".
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #554: Jan 31, 2020 03:46:32 am
      Trent showed his confidence and precision the other night when he used the post to clear the ball further up the pitch. Class
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #555: Jan 31, 2020 11:05:18 pm
      Trent showed his confidence and precision the other night when he used the post to clear the ball further up the pitch. Class

How F***ing good though, was Virgil's kick out of defense once it rebounded back of the post? Amazing skills from VVD!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #556: Feb 01, 2020 01:12:54 am
      How f**king good though, was Virgil's kick out of defense once it rebounded back of the post? Amazing skills from VVD!
      They had clearly practised it in training mate, nobody can tell me Virg was not expecting that.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #557: Feb 01, 2020 06:29:14 am
      They had clearly practised it in training mate, nobody can tell me Virg was not expecting that.

Pretty sure Gini called for that play when he turned it over. Lovely bit of skill from the boys to work it out that way. Wonderfully planned "giveaway" from Gini to help on Ali's Perry right into  the path of TAAs perfectly planned clearance off the bar directly in to big Virgs clearance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #558: Feb 13, 2020 11:47:12 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #559: Feb 13, 2020 11:55:50 pm

Let's hope we see a couple of assists from Trent on Saturday  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #560: Feb 19, 2020 01:41:56 pm
      Trent's form has dipped slightly in the past few outings. Need him to get back on it. He is the key when Atletico come to Anfield. If they are gonna give him space and his quality is on than we qualify for sure
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #561: Feb 19, 2020 03:06:30 pm
      Trent's form has dipped slightly in the past few outings. Need him to get back on it. He is the key when Atletico come to Anfield. If they are gonna give him space and his quality is on than we qualify for sure

Robertson's form has also dipped a bit recently, although he was arguably the best yesterday. Trent definitely had a sh*t game, but then so did most of the team.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #562: Feb 19, 2020 03:46:51 pm
      Robertson's form has also dipped a bit recently, although he was arguably the best yesterday. Trent definitely had a sh*t game, but then so did most of the team.

I fell Robbo has looked really good in the last 2 or 3, but you are right that his form had dipped before that. You will have that in a long grueling season like this one. The long European runs have put some miles on these boys, but they will be fine. Our boys are as fit as any
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #563: Feb 19, 2020 05:40:16 pm
      I'm not issued by his performance yesterday, he's young but mature and for sure he knows that he needs to improve for the second leg but before that let's win on Monday!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #564: Feb 20, 2020 01:18:19 pm
      whole team was a bit off the other night. team trying to get the rhythm back we lost due to winter break.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #565: Feb 20, 2020 03:21:16 pm
      whole team was a bit off the other night. team trying to get the rhythm back we lost due to winter break.

Its bloody madness having the winter break right before the CL knockout phase, notice how no other country does that!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #566: Feb 20, 2020 04:08:43 pm
      Its bloody madness having the winter break right before the CL knockout phase, notice how no other country does that!

Its a bit weird aye !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #567: Feb 24, 2020 11:45:03 pm
      Last season he set a new record for number of assists from a defender in the league (13). Now before the end of Feb, he has now beaten the record he set last season (14).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #568: Feb 25, 2020 07:05:44 am
      I've held off on saying this, but here it goes. I think he could be as good as Gerrad. Further along then Stevie was at his age, but also plays with much better players and opposition.  Truly amazing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #569: Feb 25, 2020 09:53:02 am
      I've held off on saying this, but here it goes. I think he could be as good as Gerrad. Further along then Stevie was at his age, but also plays with much better players and opposition.  Truly amazing

I don't think that's controversial at all, he is a superb player, and he's only getting better, I am very happy to see him taking more shots at goal himself these last few matches.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #570: Feb 25, 2020 05:11:23 pm
      I'm fine with him playing right back for as long as Jürgen wants, but a game last night it's hard to not think of him eventually as being deployed as a marauding, central midfielder. Could become a top 5 all-time LFC player.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #571: Feb 25, 2020 06:20:58 pm
      I'm fine with him playing right back for as long as Jürgen wants, but a game last night it's hard to not think of him eventually as being deployed as a marauding, central midfielder. Could become a top 5 all-time LFC player.

I think we’d lose some of his impact if he played central. Sometimes think it would make sense having him play that role but against a team parking the bus, someone who can deliver a cross like him can be pivotal. Think we benefit more from having him out wide.
      I’d say maybe we should drop to a back 3 with Fab going in there and pushing Robbo and Trent into midfield but it’s pretty much what happens anyway.

Trent will never be a world class defender because he has a long way to go defensively. But what he lacks at defending he more than makes up for in attack and will always be providing a lot more goals than what he costs us through his defending.
      Not saying he’s a bad defender, some games he’s right on it, but other games he isn’t. In fact, I think we actually concede more goals from the left with Robbo having a lapse in concentration or his positioning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #572: Feb 25, 2020 06:34:22 pm

Stevie had some health problems something to do with his wisdom teeth when he was younger ? But watch some of his early games he was like a storm coming in his energy and drive were unmatched. totally different characters and Stevie had to carry many a game all on his own but Young Trent is his own man and clearly has redefined what a wing back does along with his mate Robbo. Trent with this team and this manager could have a full Trophy Cabinet by the time he is 25.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #573: Feb 26, 2020 12:41:03 am
      When Trent is on (which is more often than not) he really is the best right back in the world.  You can fight me if you think otherwise.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #574: Feb 26, 2020 09:36:46 am
      When Trent is on (which is more often than not) he really is the best right back in the world.  You can fight me if you think otherwise.

I agree that when he is on fire then he is the best but overall I'd say there are still a few who are better, purely down to consistency. I'd still put Kyle Walker fractionally ahead of Trent as an allround fullback although they are different types.

The scary thing with Trent is that he is no where near his prime yet and is already in the very top bracket of fullbacks.

Quick Reply