Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196927 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #575: Feb 26, 2020 09:41:46 am
      I agree that when he is on fire then he is the best but overall I'd say there are still a few who are better, purely down to consistency. I'd still put Kyle Walker fractionally ahead of Trent as an allround fullback although they are different types.

The scary thing with Trent is that he is no where near his prime yet and is already in the very top bracket of fullbacks.

Kyle f***in Walker you have just shown yourself up big time mate that's the funniest thing I have heard for ages. Do you ever look up some facts before posting this rubbish.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #576: Feb 26, 2020 09:47:47 am
      Kyle f***in Walker you have just shown yourself up big time mate that's the funniest thing I have heard for ages. Do you ever look up some facts before posting this rubbish.

I actually base it on what I see in matches, every time I see City play I see Kyle Walker firstly defending very well and secondly linking up in attack with overlapping runs and pinpoint crosses, he is a very good and a very important player for City who are a very very good team. To think otherwise is just naive and childish.

Ask yourself this, why are you so sensitive to differing views, why does it upset you so much that someone has a different opinion?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #577: Feb 26, 2020 10:11:05 am
      Never understood this obsession with moving him into midfield. Our style of play, with overlapping wing backs & crosses from the wide areas suits his game down to the ground. So much so that our actual midfield sacrifices a lot of it's creativity to allow that to happen.

He's also well on his way to becoming the best right back on the planet, move him into midfield and we'll no longer have the best right back in the world. Or we will, but he'll be playing out of position because of some weird fantasy about turning him into Kevin De Bruyne. Just seems absurd
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #578: Feb 26, 2020 11:23:16 am
      I actually base it on what I see in matches, every time I see City play I see Kyle Walker firstly defending very well and secondly linking up in attack with overlapping runs and pinpoint crosses, he is a very good and a very important player for City who are a very very good team. To think otherwise is just naive and childish.

Ask yourself this, why are you so sensitive to differing views, why does it upset you so much that someone has a different opinion?

I am sensitive to reading utter bollox and don't try to be a smart arse you know that doesn't work. Walker is a headless chicken he has a football brain the size of a pea.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #579: Feb 26, 2020 01:39:47 pm
      I agree that when he is on fire then he is the best but overall I'd say there are still a few who are better, purely down to consistency. I'd still put Kyle Walker fractionally ahead of Trent as an allround fullback although they are different types.

The scary thing with Trent is that he is no where near his prime yet and is already in the very top bracket of fullbacks.

Kyle Walker 🙈🤣

Hahahhaha that's cheered me up no end that has.

Classic.

Meanwhile back in to reality, like Carragher and Neville said hes miles ahead of anyone in his position. Theres not a full back on the planet that can do what he does.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #580: Feb 26, 2020 02:34:47 pm
      Kyle Walker 🙈🤣

Classic.

Meanwhile back in to reality, like Carragher and Neville said hes miles ahead of anyone in his position. Theres not a full back on the planet that can do what he does.

Has Neville said that he is the best RB in the world, can you please find a quote on that.

BTW I think Trent is a fantastic RB, absolutely in the top echelon already and will only get better but for consistency game in game out I think there are some who are currently better than him or have we forgotten how sh*t Trent was in Madrid last week?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #581: Feb 26, 2020 06:33:38 pm
      I really wish that we give him a lifetime contract. I would put him in Salah's position when in future Mo decides to move on.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #582: Feb 26, 2020 06:38:46 pm
      Has Neville said that he is the best RB in the world, can you please find a quote on that.

BTW I think Trent is a fantastic RB, absolutely in the top echelon already and will only get better but for consistency game in game out I think there are some who are currently better than him or have we forgotten how sh*t Trent was in Madrid last week?

Might be some better (I'm not sure there are) but F***ing Kyle Walker certainly ain't one of them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #583: Feb 26, 2020 07:02:23 pm
      Might be some better (I'm not sure there are) but F***ing Kyle Walker certainly ain't one of them.

So so random!! Surely Walker wont be at City much longer. A real dopey f**ker he is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #584: Feb 26, 2020 07:10:02 pm
      Kyle Walker 🙈🤣

Classic.

I think the only other right back in the world I'd put up alongside Trent is Pavard at Bayern, he looked good last night for Chelsea and looked the business for France in the last world cup.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #585: Feb 26, 2020 07:20:37 pm
      I think the only other right back in the world I'd put up alongside Trent is Pavard at Bayern, he looked good last night for Chelsea and looked the business for France in the last world cup.

Yeah hes a silky player to be fair. What a goal that was against the Argies by the way!

Still, and I know you have doubts about him defensively, Trents delivery and attacking threat is second to none for me.

Both players though in their early 20s and can go on to transform their position into a vital area of the pitch.

Nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville but maybe people will want to grow up to be a TAA.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2020 07:25:46 pm by fields of anny rd »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #586: Feb 26, 2020 07:49:09 pm
      Might be some better (I'm not sure there are) but f**king Kyle Walker certainly ain't one of them.

OK fair enough, maybe not Walker.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #587: Feb 26, 2020 08:26:29 pm

Ever heard of a search engine?

Instead of asking someone else to find a quote for you.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #588: Feb 26, 2020 08:28:59 pm
      Ever heard of a search engine?

Instead of asking someone else to find a quote for you.

Ever heard of someone proving their point, why should I Google a quote I don't think exists?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #589: Feb 26, 2020 08:34:19 pm
      Ever heard of someone proving their point, why should I Google a quote I don't think exists?

You want the quote, look for it yourself. It exists.

The time it took you to post that sh*te above you'd have found it.

Bet you're one of those dickheads that post on Facebook asking for the local pizza shop's number too.

Just F***ing google it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2020 08:46:16 pm by higgy_sham »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #590: Feb 26, 2020 08:52:13 pm
      You want the quote, look for it yourself. It exists.

The time it took you to post that sh*te above you'd have found it.

Bet you're one of those dickheads that post on Facebook asking for the local pizza shop's number too.

Just f**king google it.

In the time it took you to whinge and whine you could surely have found the quote, no quote no credibility, now kindly bugger off and wum someone else.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #591: Feb 26, 2020 08:54:53 pm
      Never understood this obsession with moving him into midfield. Our style of play, with overlapping wing backs & crosses from the wide areas suits his game down to the ground. So much so that our actual midfield sacrifices a lot of it's creativity to allow that to happen.

He's also well on his way to becoming the best right back on the planet, move him into midfield and we'll no longer have the best right back in the world. Or we will, but he'll be playing out of position because of some weird fantasy about turning him into Kevin De Bruyne. Just seems absurd

I don't have an obsession and I don't expect a change any time soon, but I do see with his skill set where he could be dominant as an attacking midfielder. Klopp has tweaked his system more than once since coming here and it may be the case some day that he thinks the overall team would be better if Trent moved centrally (not as a holding mid but in the role that Ox or Naby are expected to play). You could have another right back coming through the ranks that would link very well with Trent and make the overall team better compared to whoever was in the middle and Trent at right back. I'm just saying he has the skills to do it and some of our tactical systems can change.

BTW, I think Trent's defensive work has improved quite a bit over the past two seasons. Maybe it's overshadowed by his prowess getting forward, but his defensive work has definitely improved for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #592: Feb 26, 2020 08:57:51 pm
      I really wish that we give him a lifetime contract. I would put him in Salah's position when in future Mo decides to move on.

Listening to the Red Agenda today and they were talking about Trent's passion for the club and the city. It's an increasingly rare thing for a player to start and stay with one club for an entire career. You would like to think as a hometown boy he would do it (but we've been disappointed before).

Carragher is the obvious recent example, but there haven't been many.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #593: Feb 26, 2020 09:02:11 pm
      to be more effective in this team Trent would have play up front and score 30 plus goals a season he is playing in the best possible position for him and more importantly for the team. Playing in midfield would be a completely different skill set for him to learn.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #594: Feb 26, 2020 09:03:23 pm
      In the time it took you to whinge and whine you could surely have found the quote, no quote no credibility, now kindly bugger off and wum someone else.

I did google it and found the quote.

Amazing what you can do with a few clicks of the keys.

Just not doing the work for you.

WUM aye? Pot Kettle Black.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #595: Feb 26, 2020 09:25:41 pm
      I don't have an obsession and I don't expect a change any time soon, but I do see with his skill set where he could be dominant as an attacking midfielder. Klopp has tweaked his system more than once since coming here and it may be the case some day that he thinks the overall team would be better if Trent moved centrally (not as a holding mid but in the role that Ox or Naby are expected to play). You could have another right back coming through the ranks that would link very well with Trent and make the overall team better compared to whoever was in the middle and Trent at right back. I'm just saying he has the skills to do it and some of our tactical systems can change.

BTW, I think Trent's defensive work has improved quite a bit over the past two seasons. Maybe it's overshadowed by his prowess getting forward, but his defensive work has definitely improved for me.

Oh I weren't on about you when I mentioned the obsession - just people I've seen on twitter and whatnot who seem to mention it every time he plays well

I'm sure Klopp will tweak the system in the future but I just can't see Trent playing a central role. If anything, he could end possibly end up like Gareth Bale has. Starting out as a wing back and then being moved further up the field as his career progressed
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #596: Feb 26, 2020 09:27:36 pm
      Anyone watching the City game?

Heimdall's boy Kyle Walker just had an absolute howler right on cue  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #597: Feb 26, 2020 09:53:07 pm
      Anyone watching the City game?

Heimdall's boy Kyle Walker just had an absolute howler right on cue  :lmao:

mentioned it in the CL thread he couldn't have proved the point more if we had asked him to. The only asset he has is his pace he is a headless chicken.

Quick Reply