Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196914 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #621: Jun 27, 2020 11:11:18 am
      Our Trent, our local lad done good, just like Stevie and Carra  :)

World Champion, European Champion and now English Premier Champion......and still only 21 years of age, WOW!!!

This lad is destined for more greatness to come and he genuinely has his head screwed on the right way to, had a good Scouse upbringing.

As others have said, a definate future Captain.

Have we a Player Of The Season thread anywhere ?  ...   because if we have this lad goes in as No. 1.

They all deserve it ... but Trent has shown a maturity in his play well beyond his years and his classic smooth move for our 4th against Barca will be part of club history.

He would have my vote in this special year.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #622: Jun 27, 2020 11:22:17 am
      I'd still put Kyle Walker fractionally ahead of Trent as an allround fullback

A Wall.

Bang !!!

:mad:

You just keep on doing it. Where on earth does all this stuff you keep spouting come from ?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #623: Jun 27, 2020 03:20:17 pm

Have we a Player Of The Season thread anywhere ?  ...   because if we have this lad goes in as No. 1.

They all deserve it ... but Trent has shown a maturity in his play well beyond his years and his classic smooth move for our 4th against Barca will be part of club history.

He would have my vote in this special year.

Jordan - Player of the season

Trent - Young player of the season

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #624: Jun 27, 2020 03:26:29 pm

A Wall.

Bang !!!

You just keep on doing it. Where on earth does all this stuff you keep spouting come from ?

It comes from not being blinkered, from having an open mind, you should try it some time. Trent is a superb defender destined to be one of the best the game has ever seen, but I still think Kyle Walker, as much as he is an utter pr**k of a person, is slightly better in his all round game, which for a defender includes defending.
      The bigger question is why do statements like mine trigger you so much, are you really so insecure??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #625: Jun 27, 2020 03:27:25 pm

I'd go along with that, but there have been so many excellent players this season that it seems unfair to single out just one.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #626: Jun 27, 2020 03:34:48 pm
      I'd go along with that, but there have been so many excellent players this season that it seems unfair to single out just one.

I agree with you, and you could easily pick half a dozen players to be Player of the season, the reason I pick Jordan is the way he's overcome all the obstacles put in front of him, the way he's fought for everything and never once did he give up, he deserves it imo.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #627: Jun 27, 2020 04:59:31 pm

The bigger question is why do statements like mine trigger you so much, are you really so insecure??

I have known most of the posters on this forum for over 10 years now ... lad .
      As have you.

You should by now realise the vast majority are honest, intelligent and very knowledgeable people, which as a trait sets most Red fans apart.

The only "trigger " (as you like to call it) is when someone talks complete crap and I  am more than secure to not give a flying f**k what people like you think of me.

I was at one time (as you may remember) the only person on the forum who detested Rodgers and sought a change.
      I could see through his "insecurity" his soundbites, tactical naivety and total bollocks with names in envelopes tricks etc etc etc. (Copied out of Ferguson's book).
      Edit :  Not forgetting him directly pushing FSG to buy Benteke, Balotelli and other Dysfunctonials. Cleverly cloaked in some cases as       
          " Transfer Committee " decisions. 
      A corporate management parasite sucking up to allies and throwing others under a bus when needed by way of self preservation.

I faced incoming about Rodgers all the time, swimming upstream but stuck to my opinion come what may.

Being a Red you really can smell bullshit miles away.

I'll let you consider that implied comment.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020 01:30:28 am by MIRO »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #628: Jun 27, 2020 05:09:36 pm

It comes from not being blinkered, from having an open mind, you should try it some time. Trent is a superb defender destined to be one of the best the game has ever seen, but I still think Kyle Walker, as much as he is an utter pr**k of a person, is slightly better in his all round game, which for a defender includes defending.

You really don’t have a clue

Walker is quick and that is it

TAA is superior in every aspect compared to Walker - better passer , crosses ,shooting , free kicks , positioning , tackling
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #629: Jun 27, 2020 05:39:45 pm

You really don’t have a clue

Walker is quick and that is it

TAA is superior in every aspect compared to Walker - better passer , crosses ,shooting , free kicks , positioning , tackling

.... and here is one of them.  A knowledgeable Red.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #630: Jun 27, 2020 05:47:53 pm
      FFS, Kyle Walker again?

The celebrations are still going on, and you've got this mug trying to WUM it up.

Again.

Just to try and take some of the shine of the last few days off.

TAA > KW.
      Fact.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #631: Jun 27, 2020 09:57:29 pm

I'd have Mane as player of the year, scored some very important goals in the 1st part of the season.

Trent all day for young player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #632: Jun 27, 2020 10:05:40 pm

Because Trent is so much more than just a defender, that's what makes him better.

Kyle Walker is a centre-back converted to right-back. Spurs didn't trust him at centre-back played him rb. City needed a rb £50 million plus hey presto! And they need him at cb half the time.

Trent is rb and a winger rolled into one, plus he can play midfield as some have suggested in other threads talking about his development as a player or simply moving him more forward.

In terms of the Premier League Trent's the best in that position.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #633: Jun 27, 2020 11:22:18 pm
      Because Trent is so much more than just a defender, that's what makes him better.

Kyle Walker is a centre-back converted to right-back. Spurs didn't trust him at centre-back played him rb. City needed a rb £50 million plus hey presto! And they need him at cb half the time.

Trent is rb and a winger rolled into one, plus he can play midfield as some have suggested in other threads talking about his development as a player or simply moving him more forward.

Well said Huyton.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #634: Jun 27, 2020 11:41:40 pm
      Kyle Walker wishes he was TAA.

End of story.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #635: Jun 27, 2020 11:47:13 pm
      FFS, Kyle Walker again?

The celebrations are still going on, and you've got this mug trying to WUM it up.

Again.

Just to try and take some of the shine of the last few days off.

TAA > KW.
      Fact.

Actually it was MIRO who dragged that quote out from February to wum me, but don't let's facts get in the way of your obsession with me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #636: Jun 27, 2020 11:52:53 pm

I agree that Trent is more of a midfielder than a defender so going forwards he is better than Walker or anyone else but defensively there is still room for improvement.
      I also feel that Trent still goes missing in quite a few games, but that is by his own high standards.
      I think that Trent will become the very best at his position, but he's not quite the best yet, sorry if that offends some of you with a sensitive disposition.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #637: Jun 28, 2020 01:35:30 am
      Huyton ?

A Sensitive disposition ? 

;D

I Don't think so.

You really just cant help yourself.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #638: Jun 28, 2020 08:48:55 am
      Huyton ?

A Sensitive disposition ? 

;D

I Don't think so.

You really just cant help yourself.

Well done you managed to do a post without mentioning Trump, congrats, perhaps the TDS is wearing off a bit. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #639: Sep 03, 2020 03:48:56 pm
      Did he have Covid? He was not seen at our training pictures and was not involved with the team at any game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #640: Sep 03, 2020 03:52:57 pm
      Did he have Covid? He was not seen at our training pictures and was not involved with the team at any game.

No just a slight injury by all accounts

Training with England now
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #641: Sep 04, 2020 05:14:51 pm
      No just a slight injury by all accounts

Training with England now

Better than Covid. So who was the player carrying this virus?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #642: Sep 08, 2020 10:12:05 pm
      Still young enough to win it for another 2 years and in the PFA team of the year too along with 4 more of our own. 
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #643: Sep 08, 2020 11:37:42 pm
      England did us a favour fir a change with sine decent minutes for Trent tonight. Hopefully he will be good to go fir Saturday

Quick Reply