Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196626 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #805: Apr 04, 2021 03:11:47 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #806: Apr 05, 2021 12:36:21 am
      I'm pretty damn sure he didn't say this...hahhaha

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #807: Apr 06, 2021 10:04:52 pm
      Said it a long time ago, hes not a defender. This sh*te about the England squad Jesus

Hes one of the most gifted footballers out there...BUT HE CANNOT DEFEND

Move him to midfield
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #808: Apr 06, 2021 10:12:52 pm
      Said it a long time ago, hes not a defender. This sh*te about the England squad Jesus

Hes one of the most gifted footballers out there...BUT HE CANNOT DEFEND

Move him to midfield

Yet what an outstanding covering tackle he made to deny them a clear shot on goal and then the tackle on Ascenio when it looked a golden chance

TAA was isolated 2 against 1 many times because Mo doesn’t track back and Phillips hasn’t got any pace to cover
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #809: Apr 06, 2021 10:19:57 pm

Yet what an outstanding covering tackle he made to deny them a clear shot on goal and then the tackle on Ascenio when it looked a golden chance

TAA was isolated 2 against 1 many times because Mo doesn’t track back and Phillips hasn’t got any pace to cover

Please in the 12th minute Mendy went by him like he was stuck to the ground, nothing to do with anyone else. Whose fault was his header for the 2nd?

Dont make excuses for him
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #810: Apr 06, 2021 10:57:22 pm
      Please in the 12th minute Mendy went by him like he was stuck to the ground, nothing to do with anyone else. Whose fault was his header for the 2nd?

Dont make excuses for him

Excuses? just a few posts up someone is saying he's been a victim  :lmao:

Trent's defensive performance in that first half is not acceptable and has singlehandedly cost us multiple goals this year from his individual errors at the back. We need better from him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #811: Apr 06, 2021 11:01:36 pm
      Excuses? just a few posts up someone is saying he's been a victim  :lmao:

Trent's defensive performance in that first half is not acceptable and has singlehandedly cost us multiple goals this year from his individual errors at the back. We need better from him.

Trent really gets under my skin because its so f**king obvious the natural ability he has, he can and still might be one of the best players the game sees this decade thats why it pisses me right off to see some of the things he does

Was pure flat footed for the 3rd, dont think he even knew Vinicus ad moved to that area
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #812: Apr 06, 2021 11:05:28 pm
      Trent really gets under my skin because its so f**king obvious the natural ability he has, he can and still might be one of the best players the game sees this decade thats why it pisses me right off to see some of the things he does

Was pure flat footed for the 3rd, dont think he even knew Vinicus ad moved to that area

Yep just seen that goal again thought Phillps was flat footed but really it was Trent who should have passed him on or gone with him sadly did Neither and Nat didn't react
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #813: Apr 06, 2021 11:18:40 pm

I think the issue is he doesn't really have that much natural ability in the defensive side of his game. It's certainly an aspect I thought would have got a bit better by now but unfortunately hasn't and as a result we've got teams targeting us down that side week in, week out. No doubt that the lack of defensive stability alongside him hasn't helped though.

I'd want to see how he does when we have the injured lads back next season before thinking about changing his position but it's certainly a debate that's more warranted now than it was 12 months ago.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #814: Apr 06, 2021 11:21:55 pm

He is a world class talent going forward, but he has never been great defending. I think this season he has regressed defensively and we have gotten burned big time from it. He's got plenty of time ahead of him to get better at only 22yo, but maybe his long-term future just isn't at RB.

In big games like the CL you cannot have championship level defending if you expect to win.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #815: Apr 06, 2021 11:25:35 pm
      I think the issue is he doesn't really have that much natural ability in the defensive side of his game. It's certainly an aspect I thought would have got a bit better by now but unfortunately hasn't and as a result we've got teams targeting us down that side week in, week out. No doubt that the lack of defensive stability alongside him hasn't helped though.

I'd want to see how he does when we have the injured lads back next season before thinking about changing his position but it's certainly a debate that's more warranted now than it was 12 months ago.

To me, ge has no natural ability defending at all. But my God can he dictate the ball So why the F**k impose expectation of defending on him?

Him in a midfield role is beyond question for me. I know, who the F**k am I. But he would be a phenom in the midfield for us. And might have picked up enough from his spell as a right back to help out whoever plays there.

People going mad over Harvey Barnes and the likes, they have not got a patch on Trent but they are not asked to defend
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #816: Apr 07, 2021 02:02:27 am
      He is a world class talent going forward, but he has never been great defending. I think this season he has regressed defensively and we have gotten burned big time from it. He's got plenty of time ahead of him to get better at only 22yo, but maybe his long-term future just isn't at RB.

In big games like the CL you cannot have championship level defending if you expect to win.

He benefits from cover from Gomez/Matip and Virg herding everyone.

It’s no wonder his defensive game is lacking a bit now that he’s got zero cover.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #817: Apr 07, 2021 02:09:38 am
      He benefits from cover from Gomez/Matip and Virg herding everyone.

It’s no wonder his defensive game is lacking a bit now that he’s got zero cover.

Of course he benefits from having Matip/Joe/Virgil, but his defensive form is down more than just a bit. Some of his mistakes you wouldn’t expect from an academy player, and that’s on Trent and no one else.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #818: Apr 07, 2021 10:48:00 am
      It’s bad enough reading the media and Engerland fans rip him to shreds let alone his own fans
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #819: Apr 07, 2021 10:59:46 am
      He had a sh*t half. All the more frustrating when you consider how well he CAN sweep and defend like a classic defensive fb......he'll learn, he's top class but that channel is soft this season.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #820: Apr 07, 2021 11:23:42 am
      Once everyone is back and fit and we've hopefully had more recruiting I wonder if it’s time to try something new and give him and Robbo less defensive responsibilities? Maybe a three at the back system? I look at all of our full backs and I don’t think any of them have defence as a strong suit, but let them free forward and they are relentless and hard to control, it’s becomes a defence in itself with the other team too scared to commit with them being more attacking.
      Have them breaking assist records again and everyone will soon change their fickle minds.

Alisson
           Gomez - Dijk - Kabak
      Trent - Fabinho - Hendo - Robbo
           Salah  -  Jota  -  Mane

I don’t know who’s coming and going so that’s just a team of who I assume will be here.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #821: Apr 07, 2021 02:03:31 pm
      He had a sh*t half. All the more frustrating when you consider how well he CAN sweep and defend like a classic defensive fb......he'll learn, he's top class but that channel is soft this season.

He is better defensively than he's shown this season, where some of his mistakes are just head scratchers. Yesterday's 2nd goal is so easy to avoid. He had time and space and could have easily just headed the ball out of play for a throw in and allow everyone to get back. Did he not see there was a Real player making a run? His lack of awareness has been an issue.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #822: Apr 08, 2021 11:45:32 pm
      He is better defensively than he's shown this season, where some of his mistakes are just head scratchers. Yesterday's 2nd goal is so easy to avoid. He had time and space and could have easily just headed the ball out of play for a throw in and allow everyone to get back. Did he not see there was a Real player making a run? His lack of awareness has been an issue.

100% agree......actually I'm not that arsed about the 2nd......that's gonna happen. 1st is a bigger concern for me - he just isn't thinking defensive lines......
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #823: Apr 10, 2021 05:08:04 pm
      Massive goal today to beat Villa, well done Trent !!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #824: Apr 11, 2021 12:53:05 am
      Massive goal today to beat Villa, well done Trent !!!

Was a ripper and you could see how much it meant to him.

Southgate in the stands!! How's that c**t allowed in?  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #825: Apr 11, 2021 01:31:59 pm
      Southgate in the stands!! How's that c**t allowed in?  ;)

Being England manager gets you special invites to games normal fans can't attend.

Or he's simply doing his job scouting players!! ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #826: Apr 12, 2021 05:17:58 am
      Being England manager gets you special invites to games normal fans can't attend.

Or he's simply doing his job scouting players!! ;)

No, was talking about the rule that no cu*ts are allowed at Anfield!  ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #827: Apr 14, 2021 02:55:54 pm

Quick Reply