Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 201486 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #828: Apr 14, 2021 05:55:20 pm

Discription as "online joker" I'm still trying to find the joke from the try hard manc tw*t!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #829: May 18, 2021 08:21:52 pm
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #830: May 23, 2021 11:26:09 pm
      Signs that Trent is on the verge of hitting 'next level Trent'

There's been something almost Gerrard-like about him recently

He's kind of going beyond this hugging the line and whipping crosses in stuff

He's started charging upfield and joining the attack but on the inside of Mo, not just on the outside

Might start to be calls for him to move into midfield again but Trent Thiago and Mo could be the most feared right side in football next season
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #831: May 23, 2021 11:29:16 pm

He's started charging upfield and joining the attack but on the inside of Mo, not just on the outside

Might start to be calls for him to move into midfield again but Trent Thiago and Mo could be the most feared right side in football next season

England dropping a kick he needed?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #832: May 23, 2021 11:39:31 pm
      England dropping a kick he needed?

I don't really give a sh*te how it happened, just enjoying the fact that it looks like it is happening

Trent was always going to go up a level, it was just a matter of when and how

Pretty sure Klopp and the coaches and the analysts are the reason for his increasing tactical awareness, not Gareth Waistcoats
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #833: May 23, 2021 11:46:22 pm
      I don't really give a sh*te how it happened, just enjoying the fact that it looks like it is happening

Trent was always going to go up a level, it was just a matter of when and how

Pretty sure Klopp and the coaches and the analysts are the reason for his increasing tactical awareness, not Gareth Waistcoats

Ok  funny how upturn in form coincided with his omission though
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #834: May 24, 2021 12:13:17 am
      Ok  funny how upturn in form coincided with his omission though

Did it though?

Sounds like a theory invented on Sky to me. A tedious narrative to give them something to bore the world with over the next few months. Find out whether Trent makes the England squad by paying £10 to Sky Box Office's special 24-hour programme dedicated only to revealing whether Trent is going to make the England squad, "oooh" go the audience, "aaah" go the audience...

I'm not talking about regaining his previous form, or arse-kicking, I'm talking about him morphing into an even more dangerous player via increased tactical awareness and that hasn't happened because of Gareth Waistcoats. Trent has been at LFC.

Pete Kravietz might have done a bit of peeping over the fence to see what Man City are up to. Apparently Cancelo is doing the exact same thing, attacking up inside channels as well as outside, and he's been brilliant, so I read in the paper.

Trent got dropped from England duty as he wasn't performing for England, not because of Liverpool form. He looks a shadow of himself playing for England and he's not the first Liverpool player that accusation has been directed towards. John Barnes got pelters for not recreating his LFC form for England. McManaman. Gerrard too - apparently it was touch and go whether he was better or worse than Fat Frank  :lmao:

The England set-up appears to contain quite a few absolute knobheads. I can remember seeing footage of some crossbar challenge and Eric Dier and some other tw*t were taking the piss out of Trent who then steps up and smacks the ball against the crossbar from about 50 yards out. Dier clearly didn't like it, face on him like a slapped arse (even more than usual).

I think there's quite a lot of club v club factions. Always has been. One England game Harry F***ing Maguire spent the entire game passing the ball to anyone except Trent, even though Trent was in 20 yards of space on the right wing, waving his arms up and down. Towards the end of the game Trent just gave up and was walking about. This is Harry Maguire who is supposed to be the F***ing England captain, trying to piss Trent off during a game of international football, the petty tw*t.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #835: May 24, 2021 12:23:28 am
      Did it though?

Sounds like a theory invented on Sky to me. A tedious narrative to give them something to bore the world with over the next few months. Find out whether Trent makes the England squad by paying £10 to Sky Box Office's special 24-hour programme dedicated only to revealing whether Trent is going to make the England squad, "oooh" go the audience, "aaah" go the audience...

I'm not talking about regaining his previous form, or arse-kicking, I'm talking about him morphing into an even more dangerous player via increased tactical awareness and that hasn't happened because of Gareth Waistcoats. Trent has been at LFC.

Pete Kravietz might have done a bit of peeping over the fence to see what Man City are up to. Apparently Cancelo is doing the exact same thing, attacking up inside channels as well as outside, and he's been brilliant, so I read in the paper.

Trent got dropped from England duty as he wasn't performing for England, not because of Liverpool form. He looks a shadow of himself playing for England and he's not the first Liverpool player that accusation has been directed towards. John Barnes got pelters for not recreating his LFC form for England. McManaman. Gerrard too - apparently it was touch and go whether he was better or worse than Fat Frank  :lmao:

The England set-up appears to contain quite a few absolute knobheads. I can remember seeing footage of some crossbar challenge and Eric Dier and some other tw*t were taking the piss out of Trent who then steps up and smacks the ball against the crossbar from about 50 yards out. Dier clearly didn't like it, face on him like a slapped arse (even more than usual).

I think there's quite a lot of club v club factions. Always has been. One England game Harry f**king Maguire spent the entire game passing the ball to anyone except Trent, even though Trent was in 20 yards of space on the right wing, waving his arms up and down. Towards the end of the game Trent just gave up and was walking about. This is Harry Maguire who is supposed to be the f**king England captain, trying to piss Trent off during a game of international football, the petty tw*t.

To keep it short, are you saying Trent was playing well up to the point England stopped selecting him?

Again to keep it short, in my opinion, his form was crap with us, Im sure I posted my thoughrs at that time. England didnt pick him, next of all Trents back being Trent
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #836: May 24, 2021 01:12:35 am
      To keep it short, are you saying Trent was playing well up to the point England stopped selecting him?

Again to keep it short, in my opinion, his form was crap with us, Im sure I posted my thoughrs at that time. England didnt pick him, next of all Trents back being Trent

If you want to keep it that short Brian try Twitter  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Already posted what I'm sure of - Trent was dropped for his England form - so I'll leave it there.

if you disagree, that's cool, yes Trent's form has been up and down, as has virtually the whole side this season, I don't mentally track it month by month, though gut feeling is that his worst form was actually way back at the start of the season rather than whenever he got dropped for England more recently, I seem to recall he was stinking the place out early in the season.

Anyway I'm looking forward, not back. I think Trent Thiago and Mo are gonna rip the league and the CL a new arsehole next season...

ps - I was joking about the Twitter thing
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #837: May 24, 2021 10:18:57 am
      I’m so torn, I want TAA to go to the Euros, it’s every players dream to go to international tournaments, especially since it’s mainly in the U.K.

He’s actually been one of the best players in the prem last couple of months.

At the same time, if he stays behind then no risk of injury and fresh ready for Liverpool next season (with a point to prove too)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #838: May 24, 2021 11:17:30 am
      Stay at home & rest, been a tough year for the team after 3 relentless years.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #839: May 24, 2021 12:41:14 pm
      maybe his up turn in form came from the rest he had whilst not on International duty. I hope from a selfish point of view he doesnt go but I think he is desperate to get there so good luck to the lad I might even watch the game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #840: May 24, 2021 10:02:12 pm
      I’m so torn, I want TAA to go to the Euros, it’s every players dream to go to international tournaments, especially since it’s mainly in the U.K.

He’s actually been one of the best players in the prem last couple of months.

At the same time, if he stays behind then no risk of injury and fresh ready for Liverpool next season (with a point to prove too)

I want what is best for the lad and its beyond ridiculous that his inclusion is even in question.

The word is hes had no recent contact with anyone from England about his inclusion which means there's every chance hes not in the squad.

Kyle Walker, Reece James and Kieren Trippier over Trent is just pathetic really. Stinks of a manager who's scared to take a game to the opposition. Reece James is a great athlete but not a footballer, an appalling crosser of the ball, Walker has let England down in every tournament hes ever gone too, and Trippier though is a league winner in Spain would only be going because he was part of the World Cup semi final set up 3 years ago.

Trent surely is the future of England at right back, grow a pair of bollocks Gareth and you might find in your moment of need Trent delivers when the other 3 would fail to beat the first man. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #841: May 24, 2021 10:13:59 pm
      Waiting for the inevitable delusional england fans convincing themselves that they are going to win.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #842: May 24, 2021 10:19:43 pm
      SKY sports declared we have 4 world class right/wing backs and yet they all agreed Trent is the only one who would get into any team in the world. Walker has won titles but James and Trippier really.
      I used to enjoy watching England games but that was a long time ago now seeing Southgate as Manager an avg footballer and an even less talented manager is just a joke
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #843: May 24, 2021 10:22:30 pm
      By far the best footballing right back in the country. An unbelievable player at his best who won the league and CL aged 20/21 — how many England players have done that? Together with Robbo, set new standards for full backs with his ability with the ball at his feet. Crosses on a sixpence, passes of all kinds and varieties, runs from deep, free kicks no problem at all, assists and goals galore. Recently been playing out of his skin, his performances key to a remarkable comeback that salvaged our season. How his inclusion is even in question baffles me! If Southgate doesn’t select him it would show England up as being the circus it all too often is. From an LFC point of view though — would I be arsed? Nah, he needs a rest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #844: May 24, 2021 11:18:28 pm
      how can anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge even mention Trippier in the same sentence as Trent he is unique. You get David Beckham and Stuart Pearce in just one player
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #845: May 25, 2021 10:10:24 am
      Trents fully deserves to start for England. Its selfish of me to not want him playing in case he gets injured.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #846: May 25, 2021 11:34:10 am
      how can anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge even mention Trippier in the same sentence as Trent he is unique. You get David Beckham and Stuart Pearce in just one player

Stuart Pearce? He’s not that type whatsoever
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #847: May 25, 2021 01:21:11 pm

Started?
      He's always done that.
      It entirely depends on the position Salah has taken up, and always has.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #848: May 25, 2021 01:25:52 pm
      In the provisional squad but I doubt he'll be in the final one, it's just Southgate delaying the inevitable backlash he'll get when he doesn't take him.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #849: May 25, 2021 01:46:09 pm
      In the provisional squad but I doubt he'll be in the final one, it's just Southgate delaying the inevitable backlash he'll get when he doesn't take him.

He's mental if he doesn't but only good for us, one he'll be chomping at the bit to prove everyone wrong, two he'll be nice and rested

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #850: May 27, 2021 12:26:20 pm

Quick Reply