Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 197046 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Mar 18, 2022 01:28:25 pm
      This Southgate fella really is a crow. Every time he calls up one of our players they instantly get injured
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1059: Mar 18, 2022 01:28:49 pm
      Bollocks I am afraid.  He is injured just accept it .

ok. Id wager he plays v Watford nevermind back for city
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1060: Mar 18, 2022 02:38:14 pm
      Ah ffs, a big loss, he’s our provider for a lot of goals, and set pieces on top of that… but if one thing I’ve learnt this year is, we can get by without a few of our stars.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1061: Mar 18, 2022 02:51:09 pm
      Bollocks I am afraid.  He is injured just accept it .

It’s one of those Rossy, it could be, it couldn’t be. Given the circumstances I can see why fans would think it’s just a angle so they don’t play for the countries.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1062: Mar 18, 2022 07:13:54 pm
      ok. Id wager he plays v Watford nevermind back for city

Hopefully. Could be.

One position we are short of cover. Gomez can fill in fine on the defensive side of things but neither him or Milner are going to give us Trent-level threat going forward.

Might seem a bit unlikely, but in games where we need a goal, I'd be inclined to give Mane a try at RB. He can tackle well, has a great engine, and him and Mo playing down the same flank would be a defenders nightmare. Now we've got Diaz, it's an option for us. Anyway, hopefully Trent is just swerving England duty and will be fine, but that may just be wishful thinking.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1063: Mar 18, 2022 09:55:31 pm
      Hopefully. Could be.

One position we are short of cover. Gomez can fill in fine on the defensive side of things but neither him or Milner are going to give us Trent-level threat going forward.

Might seem a bit unlikely, but in games where we need a goal, I'd be inclined to give Mane a try at RB. He can tackle well, has a great engine, and him and Mo playing down the same flank would be a defenders nightmare. Now we've got Diaz, it's an option for us. Anyway, hopefully Trent is just swerving England duty and will be fine, but that may just be wishful thinking.
      I’d like to see someone try to tell Sadio he’s playing at right back, even Klopp. Won’t happen in a month of Sundays mate. It’ll be Gomez and, if it’s not Gomez, it’s Milner and, if it’s not Milner, it’s Henderson and, if it’s not Henderson, then it’s still not Mane.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1064: Mar 18, 2022 10:11:38 pm
      Hopefully it’s more a case of just dodging the international call up. After the way he was so easily dropped by Southgate previously, it wouldn’t surprise me if Trent was essentially taking club before country like others have done in the past, especially when we have so much to fight for still.

Not saying he is 100% fine, but perhaps it’s just a slight strain that will magically heal up in time for the next league game.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1065: Mar 18, 2022 10:23:04 pm
      I think people are being a bit optimistic without evidence. We don't feign injuries, that's Fergie style. If Klopp says weeks it's most likely weeks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1066: Mar 18, 2022 10:28:42 pm
      Can someone show me at what point v Arsenal TAA does his hammer?

Until I see that I gladly call bullshit, if aIm wrong, fook, if Im right, Im right
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1067: Mar 19, 2022 12:04:27 am
      I’d like to see someone try to tell Sadio he’s playing at right back, even Klopp. Won’t happen in a month of Sundays mate. It’ll be Gomez and, if it’s not Gomez, it’s Milner and, if it’s not Milner, it’s Henderson and, if it’s not Henderson, then it’s still not Mane.

Yeah, not very likely to happen but I'd like to see it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #1068: Mar 19, 2022 12:18:21 am
      Big hit, as that is easily the one position where we don't have equal/similar replacement.

The main thing is being back in 3 weeks for the City game. That is the big test as we can get by without him for the other games.

Yup, the form he's in as well this is a bad loss. Just need to hope he's fit for the City game. Meantime, opportunity beckons for Joe to show he can still be a valuable member of the squad.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #1069: Mar 19, 2022 12:20:02 pm
      What is the problem? We have Gomez and Milner, we have two games to get them into rhythm at this position; they are fresh and probably motivated...and defensively Trent isn't word class anyway. And on top he won't be out forever, just 4 weeks at worst.

But whom would u choose: Gomez or Milner? I tend to Milner, he did exceptional the last time he played RB.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1070: Mar 20, 2022 11:33:27 pm
      Just a ploy by Jürgen. Keep Trent refreshed and ready to go and now Kyle Walker has to play for England  :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #1071: Mar 21, 2022 05:39:04 pm
      Just a ploy by Jürgen. Keep Trent refreshed and ready to go and now Kyle Walker has to play for England  :lmao: :lmao:

Pearce in the athletic claiming it isn't serious. I reckon those that made the international shout may have been right ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1072: Mar 31, 2022 09:29:30 am
      I see TAA returned to full training yesterday.....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1073: Mar 31, 2022 10:20:34 am
      I see TAA returned to full training yesterday.....

excellent news hopefully Andy is over his Covid too and we can get the lads back together our fab four back four
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,612 posts | 366 
      Reply #1074: Mar 31, 2022 11:16:51 am
      Music to my ears this Thursday morning. Perhaps we can get through the Watford game without him and go from there.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,612 posts | 366 
      Reply #1075: Mar 31, 2022 11:17:40 am
      Pearce in the athletic claiming it isn't serious. I reckon those that made the international shout may have been right ;)

The least England deserve for their treatment of Trent :)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1076: Mar 31, 2022 12:24:38 pm
      excellent news hopefully Andy is over his Covid too and we can get the lads back together our fab four back four
      He played for Scotland on Tuesday. I wonder if we’ll rest one or both for Watford though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1077: Apr 01, 2022 07:28:10 am

That's awesome news, i wonder if he makes the bench tomorrow. I thought this one would go to the wire for the City game so it's a massive lift if he's back. We are a much weaker team without from an attacking sense so am chuffed to bits to read that.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1078: Apr 07, 2022 11:02:44 am
      Can't believe I'm still seeing debates on who starts for England, Trent or Reece.... only a loon would dismiss Trent over Reece, it's not even close... but then again, this is England, and we have a unskilled horse with no personality managing us, so what do you expect... teams like Spain, Germany, France etc would kill to have a Trent in their team, yet here we are F***ing around.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1079: Apr 07, 2022 11:11:46 am
      Can't believe I'm still seeing debates on who starts for England, Trent or Reece.... only a loon would dismiss Trent over Reece, it's not even close... but then again, this is England, and we have a unskilled horse with no personality managing us, so what do you expect... teams like Spain, Germany, France etc would kill to have a Trent in their team, yet here we are f**king around.

you get two players in one with Trent a full back and a winger both world class. The problem with England is they simply are not good enough to play with Trent its like a Graduate with a 1st going back to the junior school he is just too smart for them
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1080: Apr 07, 2022 11:48:37 am
      The trouble for Trent in the English set up is it’s totally different to the one we play , we play a fast pressing game which is so far removed from anything Southgate employs, hate to say it but Kane would thrive on them crosses off Trent .

Quick Reply