Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196895 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Apr 07, 2022 04:49:22 pm
      you get two players in one with Trent a full back and a winger both world class. The problem with England is they simply are not good enough to play with Trent its like a Graduate with a 1st going back to the junior school he is just too smart for them

Trent is like a resource that's too complicating for Southgate to understand and fully utilise. In your analogy, the student is way smarter than the teacher, not just his peers.

My analogy is Trent is like a smartphone while the user Southgate only knows how to use a typewriter. ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1082: May 07, 2022 09:45:12 pm
      Really disappointing

sh*t crosses and he was just jogging and ball watching instead of making sure Son don’t have a tap in. Watched him do it FFS!

Can someone else please take our free kicks? Just to mix it up a bit!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1083: May 08, 2022 12:50:35 am
      Trent's delivery today was more Hermes than DPD
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1084: May 08, 2022 01:51:00 pm
      Thing with Trent is when the game is going our way, he’s unstoppable, which has been a big chunk of the season, which his stats show… but when we are playing teams like Spurs who have no interest in winning, and are frustrating us a little, you see all emotion drain from his face and he plays very lethargic like, maybe it’s still some naivety still being a young lad, but yeah, we need that same Trent we see in the 4-0 demolitions to show up in the frustrating games too.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1085: May 29, 2022 01:10:53 am
      TAA is an amazing talent, but tonight he played like sh*t. Is what it is. I hope he acknowledges his poor play and this drives him on to improve.

Amazing going forward, can be a liability at times in the back. It cost us tonight. 😪
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #1086: May 29, 2022 01:19:51 am
      Thing with Trent is when the game is going our way, he’s unstoppable, which has been a big chunk of the season, which his stats show… but when we are playing teams like Spurs who have no interest in winning, and are frustrating us a little, you see all emotion drain from his face and he plays very lethargic like, maybe it’s still some naivety still being a young lad, but yeah, we need that same Trent we see in the 4-0 demolitions to show up in the frustrating games too.

I think Jürgen needs to read that post.  Trent is awesome a lot of the time, but that post is spot on. 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1087: May 29, 2022 01:23:48 am
      Amazing going forward, can be a liability at times in the back. It cost us tonight. 😪

Though he was guilty on the goal (along with Konate and Fabinho who could of done more on the cross I thought) it was his poor play with the ball which frustrate a lot of supporters.

He saw a lot of the ball on the right side and expect to be more of a threat but he offered very little in attack and his set pieces were very poor.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #1088: May 29, 2022 04:21:56 am
      Though he was guilty on the goal (along with Konate and Fabinho who could of done more on the cross I thought) it was his poor play with the ball which frustrate a lot of supporters.

He saw a lot of the ball on the right side and expect to be more of a threat but he offered very little in attack and his set pieces were very poor.

Genuinely dont see how he was at fault for the goal
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1089: May 29, 2022 09:16:14 am
      The goal was Trents fault he was slow getting back and then moved to the centre of the box and left the Madrid player unmarked. He like Robertson  need cover they cant be expected to play 60 odd games and still be fresh
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1090: May 29, 2022 10:10:56 am
      it was a shot that turned into a cross no blame just one of those things.
      I am not going to get involved in pulling apart players now and look how we have given Everton and UTD fans something to cheer in their miserable lives.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #1091: May 29, 2022 10:39:14 am
      He basically  tries to keep the line with Konate and was very close to playing him offside . He probably should have been a little closer to Vinicus but it happens end of the day it was mishit shot
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1092: May 29, 2022 10:52:25 am
      Yes he needs to be much, much more defensively diligent......no it wasn't exckysively his fault.......overall zonal defending works as long as you're still aware of where players are. Our defensive line was rightly focused on the line but needed to be thinking about stopping the ball too.

sh*t happens.

We ARE the vest team in Europe and we will prove it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1093: May 29, 2022 11:59:46 am
      He basically  tries to keep the line with Konate and was very close to playing him offside . He probably should have been a little closer to Vinicus but it happens end of the day it was mishit shot

On replay I actually thought it should have been looked at, I thought Vin’s head was slightly ahead of Trent’s (head counts as it can play ball right?). Kind of odd that they didn’t even check it.

Trent certainly was a little wayward with his passing yesterday. Just seemed to always trying to make the really tough pass instead of sometimes keeping it simple.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #1094: May 29, 2022 12:14:45 pm
      On replay I actually thought it should have been looked at, I thought Vin’s head was slightly ahead of Trent’s (head counts as it can play ball right?). Kind of odd that they didn’t even check it.

Trent certainly was a little wayward with his passing yesterday. Just seemed to always trying to make the really tough pass instead of sometimes keeping it simple.

Funny I thought it was going to be checked as well.

Don't they automatically check all offside calls?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1095: May 29, 2022 01:34:41 pm
      Funny I thought it was going to be checked as well.

Don't they automatically check all offside calls?

I thought so, maybe they did and just didn’t mention but still thought it was weird. As weird as the Spanish themed opening to the game and the fact that they were trying to keep LFC supporters from getting into the stadium.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #1096: May 29, 2022 05:18:51 pm

Was close that's for sure . Think he needs to try going past FBs more and drill crosses low and hard or whip in has a tendancy to hit to early and aimless at times .
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1097: Jun 11, 2022 08:15:33 pm
      I dont follow England. Why isn't Southgate including TAA in the team? He is probably the best RB in the world.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1098: Jun 11, 2022 11:32:39 pm
      I dont follow England. Why isn't Southgate including TAA in the team? He is probably the best RB in the world.

Because it's Southgate, and he doesn't have a clue.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1099: Aug 05, 2022 11:35:38 am
      I know it’s just a stupid rumour, but this made me laugh...

Would they seriously believe €80m would be enough?

"FC Barcelona wants to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold, contract until 2025, in 2023 to be his big signing and complete the squad next season. The club would offer approximately €80 million for the fullback."

https://mobile.twitter.com/FutbolTotalCF/status/1554913628846956546
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1100: Aug 07, 2022 07:03:44 am
      It's days like yesterday where you can see why he isn't a penciled in starter for England. 1 of a kind attacking threat,  and in a league of his own in that regard imo. However, not a great defender, and on a day like yesterday, leaves a lot to be desired.

You take the good with the bad,  lucky fur us the good far outweighs the bad
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #1101: Aug 07, 2022 07:13:22 pm
      Maybe the (D) after his name should have a ? after it.  :f_whistle:
      Great player, very important to the team but still has a few bad defensive moments in games.

Same situation occurred last season against Brentford cost us 2 points. Deep cross to back post, big CF bullies him and scores a headed goal. He is always going to struggle against Mitrovic, Toney, Haaland and similar players. Probably needs more help from midfield in those situations. We attack with numbers so will always be vulnerable to quick counter attacks. We can try to reduce the risk but impossible to eliminate all risk with our style of play which has made us 1 of the best teams in world.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1102: Aug 07, 2022 07:44:49 pm
      TAA may have  defensive  faults now and then. Although his assists  and goals surely make up for these occasional lapses.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1103: Aug 07, 2022 08:02:03 pm
      Has he ever been dropped by Klopp?

Just think to myself does he even think he needs to improve defensively because it's not like we've taken him out due to poor performances.

Quick Reply