Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196657 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1173: Sep 09, 2022 12:22:53 am
      In the preseason games there seemed to be a bit of experimentation with him more central in the attacking midfield area or he was drifting into those areas, but then who's playing at right back? Gomez with Matip coming back maybe. All it takes now is for a couple of injuries which usually happen to Gomez and Matip for us to be screwed even more. Even have Tsimikas at right back or whatever, we definitely need to evolve, midfield is lacking so try Trent there and take of the burden off him last line defending.
       He suits being in the attacking third and should at least be tried there at some point.
      Balance of the team already seems way off so trying him in midfield wouldn't exactly destroy any balance that isn't even there at the moment.

With all due respect fella....the logic of sticking someone who is negligent in defence and who currently looks lazy  into a foreign position in an already struggling midfield (the hardest worked part of the team in our system) is frankly non-existent.

He's not a midfielder. He's an elite wingback who needs to focus on the basics of his job or sit out, not be indulged.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1174: Sep 09, 2022 12:48:02 am
      With all due respect fella....the logic of sticking someone who is negligent in defence and who currently looks lazy  into a foreign position in an already struggling midfield (the hardest worked part of the team in our system) is frankly non-existent.

He's not a midfielder. He's an elite wingback who needs to focus on the basics of his job or sit out, not be indulged.
      I get what you're saying, so for instance though even though Harvey has done really well considering, you don't think Trent could do better in Harveys spot? Or he couldn't be better than Milner, I think he well could.
       Not as a reward for his lack of effort, he's attack minded and neat on the ball and could provide many little chips and through balls.

Could be similar to Bale moving from his wing back to attacking midfielder, our midfield is so ponderous it's not creative or defensive even these days.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1175: Sep 09, 2022 01:32:04 am
      genuinely wonder if he's carrying an injury or something??

He's carrying his ego and it's weighing him down
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1176: Sep 09, 2022 04:56:14 am
      I get what you're saying, so for instance though even though Harvey has done really well considering, you don't think Trent could do better in Harveys spot? Or he couldn't be better than Milner, I think he well could.
       Not as a reward for his lack of effort, he's attack minded and neat on the ball and could provide many little chips and through balls.

Could be similar to Bale moving from his wing back to attacking midfielder, our midfield is so ponderous it's not creative or defensive even these days.

Yep I just don't know what to do with him. He's got all the attributes to be our next Stevie G and we don't need to pay a cent but we would have to go out and buy a top class RB coz Joe and Millny are just not up to it anymore.

Just got to hope he comes good and real fkn quick, becuse Jürgen isn't moving him into midfield anytime soon.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1177: Sep 09, 2022 07:37:55 am

No. I don't. It's FIFA mentality.

Footballers are drilled and drilled. He's not a midfielder, hasn't been for 6 years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1178: Sep 09, 2022 08:42:42 am
      No. I don't. It's FIFA mentality.

Footballers are drilled and drilled. He's not a midfielder, hasn't been for 6 years.

Some sanity at last.

The only other place you could play Trent right now is where Salah plays.

To think he could play CM in the state we are at the moment is sheer madness.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1179: Sep 09, 2022 01:33:13 pm
      Doesn't need to play where Salah plays. Doesn't need to play CM. Right now, he doesn't need to play at all. Matip is back, play him with VVD and let TAA ride the nech for a few. Too talented to playing like this, and needs a wake up call.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1180: Sep 09, 2022 02:03:39 pm
      Doesn't need to play where Salah plays. Doesn't need to play CM. Right now, he doesn't need to play at all. Matip is back, play him with VVD and let TAA ride the nech for a few. Too talented to playing like this, and needs a wake up call.

Don't get me wrong mate I wouldn't play him wide right just that's the only place you could move him if that was your wish.

I'm like you I'd play Mario and Virgil with Gomez RB and Trent sits out.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1181: Sep 10, 2022 01:26:29 am
      Don't get me wrong mate I wouldn't play him wide right just that's the only place you could move him if that was your wish.

I'm like you I'd play Mario and Virgil with Gomez RB and Trent sits out.

We sign a new CB mate?  ;D

I swear I miss alot of things going on around here!  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1182: Sep 10, 2022 07:10:34 am
      I saw him a bit sulking or something like that a few games back and put together he expressed poor attitude during play, the worst one is last game vs Napoli.
      What are the problem with him if people guess?
      Is he want to play in midfield as Hendo and Thiago were out?
      dunno, maybe god know haha
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1183: Sep 10, 2022 10:35:47 am
      I saw him a bit sulking or something like that a few games back and put together he expressed poor attitude during play, the worst one is last game vs Napoli.
      What are the problem with him if people guess?
      Is he want to play in midfield as Hendo and Thiago were out?
      dunno, maybe god know haha

Personally think he is just in a poor run of form and his attitude is no better. He just seems too comfortable with being able to go as high up the pitch as he wants without tracking back, maybe with Gini and Hendo in the team that wasn't much of an issue but now that it is he needs to put more of a shift in or get used to the bench.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1184: Sep 10, 2022 01:12:00 pm

seen a few articles suggesting he has basically got too big for his boots which I find a bit far fetched. His position has been targeted all season and with some success he needs to sit back for a few games but then we will miss his assists. He needs a head session with Jürgen he will get him back on the right path
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #1185: Sep 10, 2022 06:59:57 pm
      Has anyone else noticed how muscle bulk Trent seems to have put on? I’m no expert on these things but isnt that going to slow him down?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1186: Sep 10, 2022 08:02:05 pm
      Has anyone else noticed how muscle bulk Trent seems to have put on? I’m no expert on these things but isnt that going to slow him down?

That is possible and it could well be that he tires easier with having more muscle to carry around.I would have thought any change in body shape would be monitored by the Sports Science bods. Good spot though
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1187: Sep 10, 2022 08:14:12 pm

Where do these massive ego claims come from? I don't see him in the newspapers like Beckham used to be, he's not posting flashy pics on IG or dancing on tiktok. All his interviews he seems down to earth. Just seems to be plucked out of thin air.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1188: Sep 11, 2022 09:48:31 am
      Where do these massive ego claims come from? I don't see him in the newspapers like Beckham used to be, he's not posting flashy pics on IG or dancing on tiktok. All his interviews he seems down to earth. Just seems to be plucked out of thin air.

media like to find a scapegoat and divide people the lad is bang out of form and that could be 1 of a 100 reasons. I think we wall appreciate they are humans and will not always be at their best I dont think Jürgen would allow arrogance in any form
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1189: Sep 11, 2022 01:59:42 pm

Because the lad is quite good at what he does, get's accused by jealous types of being arrogant.
      Reckon he's also suffering from any slight changes in the way the team are being told to play. His defending actually got better towards the end of last season.
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2022 06:57:57 pm by HUYTON RED »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1190: Sep 11, 2022 06:24:47 pm
      media like to find a scapegoat and divide people the lad is bang out of form and that could be 1 of a 100 reasons.

I saw someone say he needs to cut his dreads.

;D what year is this??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1191: Sep 11, 2022 06:55:17 pm

;D what year is this??

lets face it the world is producing more idiots on a daily basis.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #1192: Sep 11, 2022 07:10:19 pm
      Backing Trent to bounce back. Thought he was very good V Everton but playing every game isn't a help to him.

A decent right back provides competition and rest and rotation. Trent is getting neither and I dont think that honestly changes when this Scottish boy we signed for a pack of pork scratchings does get fit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1193: Sep 11, 2022 07:33:14 pm
      Backing Trent to bounce back. Thought he was very good V Everton but playing every game isn't a help to him.

A decent right back provides competition and rest and rotation. Trent is getting neither and I dont think that honestly changes when this Scottish boy we signed for a pack of pork scratchings does get fit.

Scotia seems to think Ramsey is the real deal and I'll take his opinion seriously.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1194: Sep 11, 2022 07:45:03 pm

I would have thought after the Robertson signing and also the Carvallho signing we wouldn’t dismiss a players ability based on their price tag
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1195: Sep 11, 2022 08:15:01 pm

;D what year is this??

It just happened that the moment he showed up in that, he has played rather poorly, in general. Till now.

Quick Reply