Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196727 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1196: Sep 11, 2022 08:31:28 pm
      I saw someone say he needs to cut his dreads.

;D what year is this??
      To be fair it does seem to be a voodoo kinda thing in football that hair styles change players... remember Torres when he cut his? I'm sure there's been other instances of it.

But to be honest, he's a young lad who's already won everything bar a World Cup, which I don't think he's arsed about anyway... so he seems to be in that sulky, content stage and needs a big kick up his backside to realise football is a very short career and he needs to be enjoying every secnd of it and giving 100%...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1197: Sep 12, 2022 06:30:19 am
      I saw someone say he needs to cut his dreads.

Probably because they look sh*t!  :D :couch:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1198: Sep 12, 2022 06:55:30 am
      Perhaps he needs to change his style of play. Seems to be out of form lately, as with the rest of the side.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1199: Sep 12, 2022 08:24:17 am
      To be fair it does seem to be a voodoo kinda thing in football that hair styles change players... remember Torres when he cut his? I'm sure there's been other instances of it.

But to be honest, he's a young lad who's already won everything bar a World Cup, which I don't think he's arsed about anyway... so he seems to be in that sulky, content stage and needs a big kick up his backside to realise football is a very short career and he needs to be enjoying every secnd of it and giving 100%...

Isn't that Samson who lost all his power after a haircut?  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #1200: Sep 12, 2022 10:25:48 am
      I would have thought after the Robertson signing and also the Carvallho signing we wouldn’t dismiss a players ability based on their price tag

Either way this kid needs to find fitness, get match fit and then perform straight away to cause Trent any worries whatsoever in terms of his place in the team.

Don't think he was losing any sleep, or thinking I'd better keep the standards high the day that signing was announced.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1201: Sep 12, 2022 10:39:40 am
      Because the lad is quite good at what he does, get's accused by jealous types of being arrogant.
      Reckon he's also suffering from any slight changes in the way the team are being told to play. His defending actually got better towards the end of last season.

Not really bothered if he apparently improved toward the end of the season ... wouldn't take much for him to improve. Nowhere to be seen as per when vinicius side footed the winner in Paris.

This season is what matters and he has been a poor. Positional play, work rate, defending, attacking, distribution and perfornances as a whole have been pathetic.

As for ego ... I don't know or care what he is like away from football. On the pitch however he plays with a big ego. One so big he doesn't think he has to track back, tackle, track his man or actually work hard to improve his game.

Defensively he's as bad or worse as he usually his. Problem now is his attacking game isn't there.

He's not working hard enough and his attitude isn't right. His performance naples  was the last straw for me. He needs taking out and then we will see what he's about.

People comparing him to Gerrard ... Gerrard was a better right back than trent and Gerrard had real drive and desire every week. Trent isn't is Gerrards league and to think he is as some do boarders on insanity.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1202: Sep 13, 2022 07:12:54 pm
      Only reason I can think he starts against Ajax is there isn't proper competition right now for his place.
      Still, another chance for him to get the mojo back.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1203: Sep 13, 2022 07:48:21 pm
      Only reason I can think he starts against Ajax is there isn't proper competition right now for his place.
      Still, another chance for him to get the mojo back.

Even if the new guy is injured, Gomez plays RB quite well, but coming off the horror show at Napoli it may be best he rides the bench for this game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1204: Sep 14, 2022 04:58:39 pm
      Was to blame yet again for the Goal last night, don’t mind him getting caught out but what’s not on is his response, not getting back to cover for Matip who covered forTrent
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1205: Sep 14, 2022 05:18:52 pm
      Not really bothered if he apparently improved toward the end of the season ... wouldn't take much for him to improve. Nowhere to be seen as per when vinicius side footed the winner in Paris.

This season is what matters and he has been a poor. Positional play, work rate, defending, attacking, distribution and perfornances as a whole have been pathetic.

As for ego ... I don't know or care what he is like away from football. On the pitch however he plays with a big ego. One so big he doesn't think he has to track back, tackle, track his man or actually work hard to improve his game.

Defensively he's as bad or worse as he usually his. Problem now is his attacking game isn't there.

He's not working hard enough and his attitude isn't right. His performance naples  was the last straw for me. He needs taking out and then we will see what he's about.

People comparing him to Gerrard ... Gerrard was a better right back than trent and Gerrard had real drive and desire every week. Trent isn't is Gerrards league and to think he is as some do boarders on insanity.

Gerrard gets lauded as a right back for booting Idan Tal all over Anfield in a Derby!!

As if anyone gives a F**k about the winning goal from Vinicius after what went on outside. Get a F***ing grip!!

Can't be arsed singling Trent out, when most of the defence havd been sh*t this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1206: Sep 14, 2022 10:53:21 pm
      Gerrard gets lauded as a right back for booting Idan Tal all over Anfield in a Derby!!

As if anyone gives a f**k about the winning goal from Vinicius after what went on outside. Get a f**king grip!!

Can't be arsed singling Trent out, when most of the defence havd been sh*t this season.

Who, in your opinion, has been the poorest HR?

The squad, the staff, the manager and all the fans need to improve......thats how a club works.....but I am curious what you see........
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #1207: Sep 15, 2022 10:12:46 pm
      Trent has been in poor form this season but much improved against Ajax after the mistake for the goal, in fairness to him he not getting much protection from midfield especially since Elliott came into the team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1208: Sep 19, 2022 06:33:11 pm
      Who, in your opinion, has been the poorest HR?

Van Dijk

His start to the season has been awful.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1209: Sep 26, 2022 12:55:07 pm
      Left out the England squad. Can't have any complaints either. And I couldn't be arsed in the slightest.

He should be greatful not having to turn out for that pitiful shower.

Could do with retiring from that sad excuse for a game of 'footy' and sort his head out and start working at his game and doing the business for us week in week out.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1210: Sep 26, 2022 03:04:47 pm
      Does he love playing for his Country? If he does this could be the kick up the arse that he needs, starts playing football or he comes back sulking.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1211: Sep 26, 2022 03:24:59 pm
      Does he love playing for his Country? If he does this could be the kick up the arse that he needs, starts playing football or he comes back sulking.

Probably abit humiliating/demoralising to be dragged away with England only to sit there and do nothing ... only to then be left put altogether.

Like i said, I think he needs to bin it off. Jürgen I'm sure will put an arm round him. Hopefully use it to motivate him as he hadn't looked motivated to me.

Him and Salah coming back early hopefully helps for the weekend
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1212: Sep 26, 2022 03:29:15 pm
      To be fair he usually responds to not being called up by playing a few world class games straight after to make Southgate look silly, so could be a blessing for us.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1213: Sep 26, 2022 03:50:46 pm
      Probably abit humiliating/demoralising to be dragged away with England only to sit there and do nothing ... only to then be left put altogether.

Like i said, I think he needs to bin it off. Jürgen I'm sure will put an arm round him. Hopefully use it to motivate him as he hadn't looked motivated to me.

Him and Salah coming back early hopefully helps for the weekend

Agreed, Trent was much better against Ajax and I have a feeling he’s going to go on a good run now
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1214: Sep 26, 2022 04:02:07 pm
      Trent will be better because the whole team will be better.

We will see a completely different Animal over the next 2 months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1215: Sep 26, 2022 05:48:54 pm

Having a sh*t manager like Southgate doesn't help.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1216: Sep 26, 2022 07:55:49 pm
      Don't think he can complain, both Trippier and James have been comfortably better than him so far this season.

Needs to knuckle down and put the graft in with us now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1217: Sep 26, 2022 10:38:21 pm
      Don't think he can complain, both Trippier and James have been comfortably better than him so far this season.

Needs to knuckle down and put the graft in with us now.

Trippier yes but not a chance James has been. The Chelsea defence has been a mess and James has been a big part of that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1218: Sep 27, 2022 01:29:51 pm
      Trippier yes but not a chance James has been. The Chelsea defence has been a mess and James has been a big part of that

just about to say the same Trippier is closest to Trent in ability James loses the ball with poor control quite often and his crossing is woeful.
      I hope Southgate doesnt come to Anfield his reception may not be too welcoming

Quick Reply