Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 200764 times
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1219: Sep 27, 2022 04:00:15 pm
      Can see why James starts instead of Alexander-Arnold, but think he'll have a fine season one he gets going again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1220: Sep 27, 2022 05:05:24 pm
      Can see why James starts instead of Alexander-Arnold, but think he'll have a fine season one he gets going again.

He will once he learns to help out once he has made a mistake and not just stand about
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1221: Sep 28, 2022 09:55:22 pm
      I'm hoping this break is just what he needs to get motivated.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1222: Sep 28, 2022 10:48:58 pm

what has Chelsea done with James in it other than get the manager sacked ? Trent has played in 3 CL finals a WC Championship been runner up twice in the EPL to the greatest funded club in Football and won the EPL and he is just 23 the lad has won everything there is to win domestically and at club level internationally at present the Southern bias press are against him we shouldnt do there job for them
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1223: Sep 29, 2022 11:42:07 am
      Id sack engurrland off while southgate is in charge.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #1224: Sep 29, 2022 12:27:27 pm
      what has Chelsea done with James in it other than get the manager sacked ? Trent has played in 3 CL finals a WC Championship been runner up twice in the EPL to the greatest funded club in Football and won the EPL and he is just 23 the lad has won everything there is to win domestically and at club level internationally at present the Southern bias press are against him we shouldnt do there job for them

You may have convinced me otherwise with this. Think just based on recent league form James is better. But Southgate doesn't like picking on form, does he!

I think Trent is the better player overall
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1081 
      Reply #1225: Sep 29, 2022 01:15:41 pm
      I'm hoping this break is just what he needs to get motivated.

This lad has been getting questioned since the turn of the year ... quite consistently questioned.

I never see any fire in his belly. You'd think this week he's been working on his game and he's gonna come out Saturday and start the process of ramming it down their throats and getting his game together. Time will tell on that.

On the pitch ... for us ... he needs to improve at both ends of the pitch. Do that and leave Gareth and his favourites to it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1226: Sep 29, 2022 02:34:00 pm
      This lad has been getting questioned since the turn of the year ... quite consistently questioned.

I think Trent will always have that stigma attached to him for the rest of his career. No matter what he does attacking wise, qualities when make him the world class player he is people/media will focus on the defending and analize it with a fine brush.

Doesn't matter if he goes on a good run of form defending wise any hint of blame of a goal because of something he did will automatically turn into "Trent can't defend"which is weird because I am sure you do the same with players like Walker and James they have moments where they get skimmed and dribbled by or cause a goal. Just that there doesn't seem to be as much focus on it as Trent.

Think his England situation is pretty simple to me. Manager plays certain style that has brought him some success so he isn't going change. Trent doesn't fit it and Gareth knows that so why bring him along if he doesn't fit his system, has other options who fit it better and that the system he has isn't going to bring out Trents best qualities.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1227: Sep 29, 2022 03:00:21 pm
      You may have convinced me otherwise with this. Think just based on recent league form James is better. But Southgate doesn't like picking on form, does he!

I think Trent is the better player overall

when defending is rated higher than scoring goals or creating goals then James may have a call but as I read somewhere complaining about Trents defending is similar to moaning about Messi not being any good on the Tuba. Goals win games and young Trent has created more than most midfeld players and our defensive record season on season is still right up there. What's that old saying dont let facts get in the way of a good story.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1228: Sep 29, 2022 03:48:43 pm
      last season we conceded 26 goals in 38 EPL games the same as City we won two trophies and got to the CL final so just how bad is our defending when we have Trent in for most of those games. Maybe the problem lies in the Managers we have Jürgen Klopp England have a serial loser.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1229: Oct 01, 2022 04:04:27 pm
      Klopp needs to sort out this nonsense either Trent is a RB or a Number 8 but this sh*te is not working.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1230: Oct 01, 2022 05:06:00 pm
      Needs dropping ASAP.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1231: Oct 01, 2022 08:40:27 pm
      He's looking a bit beefy too. Almost a bit overweight
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #1232: Oct 01, 2022 10:49:06 pm
      Total lack of desire shown, makes a mistake, tracks back at a snails pace, needs benching.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1233: Oct 02, 2022 02:55:50 am
      Gomez needs to play over him in the Arsenal game. TAAs lack of pace against Martrnelli is always concerning, but with also no confidence, he will screw us for sure.

Needs to sit on the bench and watch for a while
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #1234: Oct 02, 2022 12:57:43 pm
      All this bollox about moving him have you ever played football before . He is shot mentally and  do you think the basic fundamentals like will prove by moving him . He will still pass and cross well as he does at RB but the flaws that are there now will not miraculously  just stop
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8511 
      Reply #1235: Oct 02, 2022 01:20:32 pm
      Gomez needs to play over him in the Arsenal game. TAAs lack of pace against Martrnelli is always concerning, but with also no confidence, he will screw us for sure.

Needs to sit on the bench and watch for a while

What makes you think that's gonna sort everything  Gomez hasn't been exactly tearing it up in the games he's played so far.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8511 
      Reply #1236: Oct 02, 2022 01:21:17 pm
      Total lack of desire shown, makes a mistake, tracks back at a snails pace, needs benching.

The way he gets up and down the pitch, I'm not surprised.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8511 
      Reply #1237: Oct 02, 2022 01:21:53 pm
      He's looking a bit beefy too. Almost a bit overweight

He's not overweight, just bulked up upper body strength.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1238: Oct 02, 2022 01:37:12 pm
      All this bollox about moving him have you ever played football before . He is shot mentally and  do you think the basic fundamentals like will prove by moving him . He will still pass and cross well as he does at RB but the flaws that are there now will not miraculously  just stop

It’s not bollocks it’s opinions Rossy as is yours. You may have a point mentally as I’ve been saying that about most of the team anyway because of last years exploits.

Take him off RB and his flaws will stop, that’s the point many are saying.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,890 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1239: Oct 02, 2022 01:53:15 pm
      It’s not bollocks it’s opinions Rossy as is yours. You may have a point mentally as I’ve been saying that about most of the team anyway because of last years exploits.

Take him off RB and his flaws will stop, that’s the point many are saying.

Not sure I agree with this, as our midfield cannot have any passengers in it.

The midfield three that are selected regardless of their role in that midfield are required to press and be constantly on the move, when they are not doing those two things it all falls apart. Trent's best position would be a KDB style role if he was in midfield but that isn't a role that fits the way in which we try to play.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #1240: Oct 02, 2022 02:01:39 pm
      Removed from his defensive responsibilities his flaws in that area would stop....though you are right in that it wouldn't be miraculous.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1241: Oct 02, 2022 02:02:56 pm
      Not sure I agree with this, as our midfield cannot have any passengers in it.

Have you got a midfield at the moment? It’s certainly weak to say the least.

Quick Reply