Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 201393 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1288: Nov 06, 2022 08:43:45 pm

Really hope he misses out on the WC squad. I think that could do him and us a world of good if he handles it well. Last thing we need is for him to go and make a costly mistake that keeps people shitting all over his defending. That would only hurt his confidence more.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #1289: Nov 06, 2022 11:47:39 pm
      I genuinely think this guys is tried, as many of our key players.
      We played every possible game last season , performed amazingly and had a shortened preseason.
      Lets hope Gareth doesnt call him up ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1290: Nov 07, 2022 03:06:19 am
      Really hope he misses out on the WC squad. I think that could do him and us a world of good if he handles it well. Last thing we need is for him to go and make a costly mistake that keeps people shitting all over his defending. That would only hurt his confidence more.

Good point!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1291: Nov 10, 2022 02:28:13 pm
      I’m sure he is delighted to have been picked for the WC but would have preferred if he stayed home at LFC and miss out on the whole circus that is Ingerland.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1292: Nov 10, 2022 02:29:31 pm
      Hopefully being in and around the England squad will give him a confidence boost. Who knows he could play the all needed assist to win a final.. ;D.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1293: Nov 10, 2022 02:29:45 pm
      I’m sure he is delighted to have been picked for the WC but would have preferred if he stayed home at LFC and miss out on the whole circus that is Ingerland.

he will sit on the bench for the next 6 weeks at least it will be nice weather.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6357 
      Reply #1294: Nov 10, 2022 02:39:40 pm
      So Trent and Hendo. Guaranteed injury for Henderson. Trent won't get to play so shouldn't be any worry there.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1295: Nov 10, 2022 02:40:07 pm
      he will sit on the bench for the next 6 weeks at least it will be nice weather.

Honesty  believe the rest would  of served your club better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1296: Nov 10, 2022 03:21:12 pm
      So after all the BS in the press and from pundits Trent goes to WC. With so many Injuries at RB was it ever in doubt. l o l
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1297: Nov 10, 2022 03:54:35 pm
      Good luck to Trent, glad for him he made the squad, am sure he'd have been disappointed not to. Whether he plays much ...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1298: Nov 10, 2022 04:30:12 pm
      our CB's Maguire, Stones and Coady the opposition forwards will be pissing themselves laughing
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1299: Nov 10, 2022 09:51:49 pm
      our CB's Maguire, Stones and Coady the opposition forwards will be pissing themselves laughing
      They'd do a job, not that I'm into international football, I used to love it but those three will be fine, wouldn't England's midfield be made up of players to extra defend the cb's anyway? who's gonna be laughing? Overrated Mbappe and who else? Who has got the ego to think international footy is gonna be straight sailing because Messi has never proved himself in his national team for instance.
      On the subject of Trent yes people are right I totally think, he's bulked up too much, he was better as a skinny whippersnapper type than this seasons iteration. But I feel bad because everyone is looking to blame him for so much, don't get me wrong some of it is warranted criticism but I can't take the pundits having a go, they are all annoying and agenda driven.
      Because England was brought up I guess he got a call up? Well cool, is right man, just try to not get injured thanks Trent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1300: Dec 27, 2022 09:33:15 pm
      Best game this season.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1301: Dec 27, 2022 10:53:50 pm
      That pass with the outside of the boat, if it was meant for Robbo then one of the best passes iv seen in a long time. Pure class..
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1302: Dec 30, 2022 11:20:03 pm
      He was my man of the match tonight, I thought his defensive qualities were second to none tonight as well as making some good forward runs too.

He gets a lot of stick for neglecting his defensive duties, so he deserves some praise for being at the top of his game tonight, still room for improvement though but well done Trent lad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1303: Jan 29, 2023 05:53:55 pm
      I truly am blown away that we don't try him in the middle of the park. Seriously, during this season, what do we have to lose?

His attitude sucks btw.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #1304: Jan 29, 2023 11:11:36 pm
      I'm getting Dele Ali vibes from his hair to his attitude.  (I hate everything about that sentence but I just can't shake it off when I see his body language and aura he is giving off)

Needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and fight for himself and his club.

With the right backs coming through in this country alone, he is fighting for relevancy in the game right now. At one point he was the man. He's took his eye off the ball and if he doesn't click on very soon it won't just be the international picture he is out of. Even for a club like ours which loves to cut corners with owners like ours who must love that Trent cost them 0, he is making it very difficult to argue against signing a top class competition/replacement.

He has all the talent, he can pass and cross a ball like very few others. He can do that on autopilot but the rest of his game requires that he applies himself fully.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,195 posts | 734 
      Reply #1305: Jan 29, 2023 11:26:27 pm
      I'm getting Dele Ali vibes from his hair to his attitude.  (I hate everything about that sentence but I just can't shake it off when I see his body language and aura he is giving off)

With the right backs coming through in this country alone, he is fighting for relevancy in the game right now. At one point he was the man. He's took his eye off the ball and if he doesn't click on very soon it won't just be the international picture he is out of, even for a club like ours with owners like ours he is making it very difficult to argue against signing  top class replacement.

He has all the talent, he can pass and cross a ball like very few others. But the rest of his game requires that he is applying himself fully.
      The football landscape littered with "Stars" who's light faded and went out. As you say he has all the attributes, but he needs to understand that journey between playing for Liverpool, or playing for Besiktas is not as distant as he might imagine. I'd try him in midfield, I just don't think he has a defence instinct.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1306: Jan 30, 2023 05:23:30 am

With the right backs coming through in this country alone, he is fighting for relevancy in the game right now. At one point he was the man. He's took his eye off the ball and if he doesn't click on very soon it won't just be the international picture he is out of. Even for a club like ours which loves to cut corners with owners like ours who must love that Trent cost them 0, he is making it very difficult to argue against signing a top class competition/replacement.

He has all the talent, he can pass and cross a ball like very few others. He can do that on autopilot but the rest of his game requires that he applies himself fully.

I think we all know, he has nothing to worry about there!

Those cu*ts won't stump up the cash!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #1307: Jan 30, 2023 06:41:06 am
      I think we all know, he has nothing to worry about there!

Those Cu*ts won't stump up the cash!

I think 99% of the fan base now must see that Trent cannot be the only recognised right back at the club. The lack of competition has also made him too comfortable
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1308: Jan 30, 2023 07:59:07 am
      I think 99% of the fan base now must see that Trent cannot be the only recognised right back at the club. The lack of competition has also made him too comfortable

I wouldn't say comfortable. He's lazy and his attitude has stank for at least 12 months now.

I had hopes for Ramsay .... but it's not happening is it. That all goes back to Nunez. The books needed balancing. 15m for Neco Williams and 4.5m for this lad. 10m toward balancing the books. Anyone who says otherwise is burying their head in the sand.

I used to cut Trent some slack. He'd played alot of games at a young age and I think that can sometimes take its toll. But as I said earlier he's lazy now and his attitude is a joke. He's one of many players letting klopp down. He's been left out but it hasn't dented his pride or fired him up ... his England snub didn't fire him up either.

If we can get Ramsay on the pitch it would be nice to see what he can do.

It's a big 4 months for trent. If by the end of the season he's still carrying on like this he'd be out the door if I was manager. Trent, Fabinho, Gomez and Jones. 4 players giving us nothing and whom we can get money for. We need to bring in some hunger and desire to go with ability.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1309: Feb 21, 2023 09:43:48 pm
      This pleb couldn't defend against an under 14's player now.
      Biggest weakness in our defense and every half decent team exploit it. We commit 2 midfielders and the RCB so far over to help him it leaves massive holes in the rest of our team.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #1310: Feb 21, 2023 10:24:23 pm
      This pleb couldn't defend against an under 14's player now.
      Biggest weakness in our defense and every half decent team exploit it. We commit 2 midfielders and the RCB so far over to help him it leaves massive holes in the rest of our team.

our midfield is exacerbating the issue of the defense. 

Quick Reply