Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196716 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1311: Feb 21, 2023 11:13:47 pm
      A dozen plus better right backs in this league and a load more throughout Europe. He's useless defensively and the odd decent cross or set piece doesn't cover it.

All this ' it's the midfield fault ' .  F*ck off. It's not their job to do his f&cking job or stand next to him because he can't f*cking defend or do the basics of a full back.

As much of a liability as Gomez and the 'we haven't got anyone else excuse ' doesn't cut it. Play Milner at Right back. At least we'd get 100% honesty and effort.

Like Gomez he needs moving on. We'd get decent money. Nowhere near good enough and enough is enough. He's going backwards faster than a 100m field against Usain bolt.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1312: Feb 21, 2023 11:21:50 pm
      A dozen plus better right backs in this league and a load more throughout Europe. He's useless defensively and the odd decent cross or set piece doesn't cover it.

All this ' it's the midfield fault ' .  F*ck off. It's not their job to do his f&cking job or stand next to him because he can't f*cking defend or do the basics of a full back.

As much of a liability as Gomez and the 'we haven't got anyone else excuse ' doesn't cut it. Play Milner at Right back. At least we'd get 100% honesty and effort.

Like Gomez he needs moving on. We'd get decent money. Nowhere near good enough and enough is enough. He's going backwards faster than a 100m field against Usain bolt.

So he's not trying ? What an absolute tool
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1313: Feb 21, 2023 11:26:49 pm

I think there's a distinction to be made between ''not good enough'' or ''not good enough defensively'' and ''no honesty and effort''. I doubt Trent is putting in the effort. That doesn't mean I disagree with you on the end product not being good enough defensively speaking, but there a huge difference between the two.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1314: Feb 22, 2023 01:53:52 am

I agree with a lot of your points. He doesn't catch a ton of blame and often people will put his blame on someone else. You can't compare his effort to Robbos or IMO his overall value. Robbo puts in a shift at ALL times of the game and is a better defender. Sometimes it looks like Robbo would die for the club, whereas TAA can often look like he could care less.

He's never been a good defender, but in the past year or 2 I think he's had a change in mindset. I definitely wouldn't day he doesnt not try. Im sure he does and im sure he wants to do well. He just seems to adopted a "don't give a F**k" attitude and it rubs some of us the wrong way, especially when so many spend a fortune to watch and follow the club. Maybe I'm wrong, but he just seems to have lost that fire and bought into his own hype.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1315: Feb 22, 2023 03:26:51 am

I’ve read some whoppers today, this tops the list. So you know how many teams would buy him in a F***ing heartbeat?

Did you even watch any of his deliveries this  evening? Also he held up quite well defensively.

I think maybe there should be a cooldown period after a loss for some people to post in the player threads.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1316: Feb 22, 2023 11:27:51 am
      I refuse to ever give up on Trent, his ball distribution is amongst the best I've ever seen in any era from any player ever, so no matter if he needs an extra guy brought in to solely help him defend the right flank or move him into midfield, there is no way I'd want anyone leaving the club who can actually you know use the football not only use it but do magical things by one having the talent and two actually taking the chance to do it without dawdling around, many players here can't use a football but somehow have been professional football players for all these years.
       Weirdly enough he's actually from Liverpool which is a massive bonus too but it's not even the reason I chose to write about him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1317: Feb 22, 2023 12:53:57 pm
      If it's me, (haha fortunately it's not :D) I'd set up our team with 3 at the back (3-5-2) that I believe suit our current squad and relief TAA from responsibility in defend whilst get the maximise out of his talents.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1318: Feb 22, 2023 02:05:49 pm
      If it's me, (haha fortunately it's not :D) I'd set up our team with 3 at the back (3-5-2) that I believe suit our current squad and relief TAA from responsibility in defend whilst get the maximise out of his talents.
      It's silly for us to suggest this stuff as 1) we aren't Klopp and 2) we know he doesn't deviate from the system often. With that said, this is exactly what I would do. I'd play VVD, Matip, and Phillips. With pressing being a weakness as opposed to a strength, I'd say stack the MF and look to hurt teams over the top while man marking on set pieces.

Would love to see TAA play in a system where we can focus on his strengths.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1319: Feb 23, 2023 10:20:18 pm

Plussed you b4 I read move him on bit, no not for me,Gomez, yes for sure.

I would put Millie in front of Trent.

F**k it go 4-4-2...try something dkn different

Moe and Nunez up top

midfield of Gakpo Hendo Stefan and Millie...there's the protection that Trent needs coz he doesn't get sh*t from Mo in regards to help.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1320: Feb 25, 2023 09:52:19 pm
      Wish I could buy TAA for what he was worth and sale him for what he thought he was worth.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1321: Feb 25, 2023 11:04:57 pm
      Plussed you b4 I read move him on bit, no not for me,Gomez, yes for sure.

I would put Millie in front of Trent.

F**k it go 4-4-2...try something dkn different

Moe and Nunez up top

midfield of Gakpo Hendo Stefan and Millie...there's the protection that Trent needs coz he doesn't get sh*t from Mo in regards to help.

He was f*cking useless again tonight. Milner at Right back all day until the end of the season.

Honestly ... what would you keep him for? To reminisce on what he did in 2019 and 2020. Its 2023 and he's rubbish. Going backwards faster than fabinho in a race with Usain Bolt. Doesn't deserve to be in the team and the 'we've got nobody else ' line just doesn't cut it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1322: Feb 25, 2023 11:17:35 pm
      He's been sh*t since he grew the dreads.

Cut 'em off!

Terrible tonight, blaming others, mouthing off and giving sh*t stares. I think at one stage he may have even given up for the night!

Looked like he couldn't be arsed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1323: Feb 26, 2023 12:27:36 pm
      A dozen plus better right backs in this league and a load more throughout Europe

Name 12 better in this league. I’ll wait and then I’ll mercilessly mock you if you actually try to justify it.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1324: Feb 26, 2023 04:33:06 pm
      Name 12 better in this league. I’ll wait and then I’ll mercilessly mock you if you actually try to justify it.

I'll save you a job. There are 19 better right backs in the league than trent. Lazy again last night .... didn't want to run. Didn't want to defend ... looking at others like it's their fault. Dining out on 2019/20.  He'd hopeless and not worth his place in this team.

Name me anything he does well on a regular basis and il mock you when you try and justify it. The odd set piece or Crossfield pass doesn't make you world class. He jogs about like he thinks he Cafu. He's garbage.

Positional sense - zero
      Alertness - Zero
      Marking/tracking runners - zero
      Workrate/ethic - zero
      Defensive ability - zero
      Attacking ability/influence ... next to nothing
      Leadership skill - zero ... just sulks and stares.
      Adaptability - Zero.

Name me one aspect of his game that's improved. Name me one of his many weaknesses hes visibly improved over the last 2 years ... you can't because there are none.

A quality right back needs to come in over the summer. Trent can sulk and stare on the bench ..... see what he's made up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1325: Feb 26, 2023 04:50:11 pm
      I'll save you a job. There are 19 better right backs in the league than trent. Lazy again last night .... didn't want to run. Didn't want to defend ... looking at others like it's their fault. Dining out on 2019/20.  He'd hopeless and not worth his place in this team.

Name me anything he does well on a regular basis and il mock you when you try and justify it. The odd set piece or Crossfield pass doesn't make you world class. He jogs about like he thinks he Cafu. He's garbage.

Positional sense - zero
      Alertness - Zero
      Workrate/ethic - zero
      Defensive ability - zero
      Adaptability - Zero.

Name me one aspect of his game that's improved. Name me one of his many weaknesses hes visibly improved over the last 2 years ... you can't because there are none.

A quality right back needs to come in over the summer. Trent can sulk and stare on the bench ..... see what he's made up.

What quality right back, there all the same. Reece James and Trippier literally play like Trent!! Plus he isn't helped by Matip doing his latest  Bambi on ice act and gets no F***ing protection from that lazy c**t Mo.

We're not playing very well. We're having a bad season. Klopp is trying to find a way through it. That's all there is really. Wait and see. Don't come up with hairbrained schemes to sell our best players just for something new to say.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2023 05:31:56 pm by HUYTON RED »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1326: Feb 26, 2023 05:46:13 pm

Positional sense - zero
      Alertness - Zero
      Workrate/ethic - zero
      Defensive ability - zero
      Adaptability - Zero.

So you can’t. That’s what I figured. Jog on.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1327: Feb 27, 2023 06:11:35 pm
      Bloody hell Don has Trent robbed your missus off you or something  :roll:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1328: Mar 01, 2023 10:26:58 pm
      Trent’s best game for a while , nice warm up for Sunday .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1329: Mar 05, 2023 08:13:11 pm
      He looked along with the rest of the back line so much more assured with him not wondering off into midfield and leaving a chasm for the opposition to exploit.

Hopefully something the coaching team have binned as too high risk with minimal reward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1330: Mar 05, 2023 08:41:31 pm
      His distribution and one two passing today was on point. Great display.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1331: Mar 05, 2023 11:11:59 pm
      Wonderful stuff from Trent and the back 4 tonight, kept them to a minimum.

Praise were praise is due.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1332: Mar 06, 2023 11:48:54 am
      Only because of a poor header from Fernandes were we not put 1-0 behind because Trent falling asleep AGAIN at the back post.
      It's hilarious how he just cant look over his shoulder and track the runner.

Wonderful stuff from Trent and the back 4 tonight, kept them to a minimum.

Praise were praise is due.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #1333: Mar 11, 2023 02:45:13 pm
      Once again and only my thoughts this season but is this lad moving on in the summer?? 

Apparently world class against Wolves but on today’s performance (hoof anywhere) he doesn’t seem to care

Please correct me as I’m hoping I’m missing something but I just can’t see it

Quick Reply