Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 196786 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1334: Mar 11, 2023 02:57:58 pm
      Gets away with so much because he's a local lad.

His defending has barely got any better in the last few years and his output and influence on our attacking play has dropped off a cliff.

We've got to be dropping him and hoping that fires something up in him because that's the last card we've got.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1335: Mar 11, 2023 03:44:48 pm

His defending has barely got any better in the last few years and his output and influence on our attacking play has dropped off a cliff.

We've got to be dropping him and hoping that fires something up in him because that's the last card we've got.
      His attitude is so sh*t. I'm truly baffled at him and his personality. He's become arrogant and lazy
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1336: Mar 11, 2023 10:33:50 pm
      Probably could do with some competition, he knows no matter what he will be playing the next game.

Plus it would also give a break.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1337: Mar 12, 2023 12:17:50 am
      F***ing frustrating.

His attitude stinks more then anything.
      Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #1338: Mar 12, 2023 12:34:29 am
      His attitude is so sh*t. I'm truly baffled at him and his personality. He's become arrogant and lazy
      yep arrogant
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1339: Mar 12, 2023 08:07:14 am

Can someone please enlighten me with what exactly be is getting away with ? Has had plenty of criticism for his performances this season and has been subbed off on quite a few occasions.  His confidence looks pretty low and he hasn't met the ridiculously high standards he has set over the last 6 years or so. He does need more competition but he certainly isn't the only player playing below his capability and the arrogant tag some have given him is unjustified and his place of birth is totally irrelevant
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1340: Mar 12, 2023 08:50:54 am
      F***ing frustrating.

His attitude stinks more then anything.

Stinks more than your whacky backy  :cool-smiley-027: :action-smiley-035:
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #1341: Mar 12, 2023 09:42:37 am
      The majority of the players looked lethargic and unmotivated, I don't think Trent stood out as worse than others.

We definitely have a problem playing away from home this season. High line, lack of energy and various other  reasons for this.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #1342: Mar 12, 2023 06:34:18 pm
      This season with Trent its become the attitude. I hate to be this guy but he is honestly morphing into Dele Alli.

Just want to light a rocket up his arse.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1343: Mar 12, 2023 08:25:10 pm
      Can someone please enlighten me with what exactly be is getting away with ? Has had plenty of criticism for his performances this season and has been subbed off on quite a few occasions.  His confidence looks pretty low and he hasn't met the ridiculously high standards he has set over the last 6 years or so. He does need more competition but he certainly isn't the only player playing below his capability and the arrogant tag some have given him is unjustified and his place of birth is totally irrelevant

I think he's getting away with a poor attitude. Striking me as a fair weather player - when the teams on the up he plays well and his outstanding attributes make a difference but when we're struggling his weaknesses are laid bare and he comes across as looking really lazy. For yesterdays goal, VVD got the stick (and rightly so) but come on, Trent was absolutely awful on it and if Milner plays that goal doesn't go in IMO. And then he backs at up by just jogging around and punting hollywood balls up field all game. And yes I do think the fact he's local means he gets away with a bit more.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd sell him like some have said because there's no doubt about his ability but something has to change because the tactic so far of just playing him every week and hoping he sorts himself out isn't working.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1344: Mar 12, 2023 11:19:22 pm
      I think it’s pretty rich for people to assume they know Trent has a poor attitude. We don’t know what’s going on in his personal life or behind the scenes in training.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1345: Mar 13, 2023 02:36:09 am
      I think it’s pretty rich for people to assume they know Trent has a poor attitude. We don’t know what’s going on in his personal life or behind the scenes in training.

Poor attitude on the Football Field.

Who was talking about his personal life??
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1346: Mar 13, 2023 08:50:31 am

What the F**k you on about?

I've just got an opinion on what's happening on the pitch. If you want to use the caveat that things might be going on in his personal life then we might as well not discuss anything negative about any player and just close the forum down.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1347: Mar 13, 2023 12:28:03 pm
      What the f**k you on about?

I've just got an opinion on what's happening on the pitch. If you want to use the caveat that things might be going on in his personal life then we might as well not discuss anything negative about any player and just close the forum down.

So there's only two options? Either assume he's got a bad attitude or not discuss why that could be? That sounds pretty ignorant. I'm just not sure why people assume he has a bad attitude...because he's not smiling all the time? Like how can you tell he's got a bad attitude? And even if he does, maybe there's a reason for it? All I'm saying is he's a world class footballer, it's F***ing stupid for some people on here (not you necessarily) to act like he needs moving on from.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1348: Mar 13, 2023 01:00:36 pm
      A lot of forum contributors have commented on TAA's bad attitude based primarily on what they see with their own eyes on the pitch. I won't bother listing the examples all again, they are too numerous. If, and it's a massive if, there are things going on in his life which are detrimental to his ability to do his highly paid job, then he should perhaps take some leave until he can do his job. I don't for a minute believe this to be the case, I certainly haven't heard any rumour or evidence of it. It might be he's getting a bit lazy and big headed. A bit of competition for his place might help.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1349: Mar 13, 2023 01:27:29 pm
      A lot of forum contributors have commented on TAA's bad attitude based primarily on what they see with their own eyes on the pitch. I won't bother listing the examples all again, they are too numerous. If, and it's a massive if, there are things going on in his life which are detrimental to his ability to do his highly paid job, then he should perhaps take some leave until he can do his job. I don't for a minute believe this to be the case, I certainly haven't heard any rumour or evidence of it. It might be he's getting a bit lazy and big headed. A bit of competition for his place might help.

So any person that has things going on that are challenging should take a leave from their job? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Also, you haven't heard any rumor or evidence so you dismiss it (you are probably right to be fair) and yet you turn around and claim he may be getting a bit lazy and big headed (with no evidence). That's a bit hypocritical of you. Do better.

At the end of the day, the most likely scenario in my opinion is that Trent is basically what he's always been...but because the midfield and other defenders have been so poor, people are focusing on him more. He was never the greatest defender. He is great because of his ability to create chances. People seem to like to rip up players when they are upset with the team's overall performance. I'd be more concerned with why Virgil's play seems to have fallen off a cliff than Trent missing a back post header or two (that he's always been one to miss).
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1350: Mar 13, 2023 04:43:26 pm
      So any person that has things going on that are challenging should take a leave from their job? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Also, you haven't heard any rumor or evidence so you dismiss it (you are probably right to be fair) and yet you turn around and claim he may be getting a bit lazy and big headed (with no evidence). That's a bit hypocritical of you. Do better.

At the end of the day, the most likely scenario in my opinion is that Trent is basically what he's always been...but because the midfield and other defenders have been so poor, people are focusing on him more. He was never the greatest defender. He is great because of his ability to create chances. People seem to like to rip up players when they are upset with the team's overall performance. I'd be more concerned with why Virgil's play seems to have fallen off a cliff than Trent missing a back post header or two (that he's always been one to miss).
      Point 1. Yes an individual unfortunate to be going through issues which directly affects their ability to do their job to an agreed level should take leave. Not relevant here because there's no evidence to support it. You might as well say he's got a bad attitude because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
      Point 2. I said "Might"
      Point 3.Not relevant to the broader attitude issue.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1351: Mar 13, 2023 06:07:30 pm
      If you haven't read it yet;

Trent after Bournemouth
      The Reds went down 1-0 in the Premier League’s lunchtime kick-off, with Philip Billing’s first-half winner being sandwiched by a disallowed Cody Gakpo goal early on and a missed penalty from Mohamed Salah in the second period.

Read Alexander-Arnold’s post-match interview with Liverpoolfc.com below.

On what point of the game it started going wrong…

I think it was quite early on, to be honest. We created chances, we had our chances to score [and] we never, obviously we had the goal disallowed. But we started on a bright foot and I think they just sucked the life out of the game and it was difficult for us to build momentum. They slowed the game down and executed their game plan and then go and score the goal. But it’s one of those – it was very avoidable, the goal, and it’s disappointing looking back on it.

On playing early kick-offs away from home against sides fighting against relegation…

This is the time of the season when everyone knows what they are fighting for and obviously Bournemouth are in a relegation battle, so they are fighting for survival. But every team in the league is fighting for something so it means a lot to get the three points and I think looking back on it now, they probably wanted it more than us and that is something that is unacceptable and we need to make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again.

On the aim of resetting and looking to embark on another positive run of form in the Premier League…

I think there’s only one more game before the internationals and it’s a huge one for us, it’s one that we need to go and do something special, so all our focus is solely on that Real Madrid game now and it means that we can put everything into that game knowing that we’ve got days afterwards to recover. So, it’s about throwing the kitchen sink at it and going all out and I think that’s what we’re going to do – it’s important to do that. Then we’ll get ready for an important run-in.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/trent-alexander-arnold-assesses-reds-defeat-bournemouth
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1352: Mar 15, 2023 10:33:58 pm
      Always backed Trent as he has probably the most difficult job in our te@m but his 1 v 1 defending tonight like most of the season has been shocking.

Vucinius just poking the ball past him and beating him for pace is U12 defending.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1353: Mar 15, 2023 10:58:31 pm
      Always backed Trent as he has probably the most difficult job in our te@m but his 1 v 1 defending tonight like most of the season has been shocking.

Vucinius just poking the ball past him and beating him for pace is U12 defending.

Mate, his involvement in their goal was abysmal, didn't even think to cover the CBs.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1354: Mar 16, 2023 08:18:53 am
      He needs competition. I do not agree mostly with what Carra says on the media but he is totally right on this issue.

I would try him on the right-hand side of midfield.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1355: Mar 16, 2023 09:47:51 am
      He needs competition. I do not agree mostly with what Carra says on the media but he is totally right on this issue.

I would try him on the right-hand side of midfield.

We don't play 442 ... we play 433 or on occasion 4231.

Our right back isn't very good. How about we go and buy a world class one instead of sticking a square peg in a round hole and even then need a right back. Just buy a better one.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1356: Mar 16, 2023 09:51:57 am
      We don't play 442 ... we play 433 or on occasion 4231.

Our right back isn't very good. How about we go and buy a world class one instead of sticking a square peg in a round hole and even then need a right back. Just buy a better one.

The club are not going to buy a “world class” right back FFs

TAA has been key to the club winning multiple trophies over the last 5 years - it’s F***ing pathetic the current pile on

Quick Reply