Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Redmen win their first home game of the season?

Yes - easy 3 points
      71 (92.2%)
      Draw - points dropped
      3 (3.9%)
      Lose - surely not !
      3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pre Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO

Read 24337 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO
      Reply #161: Aug 17, 2015 01:25:08 pm
      Right boys and girls. I'm off to the holy shrine that is Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club and hopefully a very nice three points, which would put us right up there and in the mix nice and early  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone...come on you mighty REDS !!

Have a great time Cas and stay safe hun  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YES, stay safe and bring back 3 points. ;)

YNWA   :aaliverpool2xt1:
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #162: Aug 17, 2015 01:41:25 pm
      Right boys and girls. I'm off to the holy shrine that is Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club and hopefully a very nice three points, which would put us right up there and in the mix nice and early  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone...come on you mighty REDS !!

Lucky Brits you!!!
      chanfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #163: Aug 17, 2015 02:27:29 pm
      Looking forward to tonight's match, will be good to see Firmino (whatever time he ends up getting) and hopefully some progress on the understanding between Benteke and the rest of the team. I think Bournemouth will surprise a few, and we need to score early to assert our authority on the game. I'm predicting a narrow 2-1 victory for LFC with goals from Benteke & Hendo as still early season and bedding in.
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #164: Aug 17, 2015 05:12:39 pm
      I like Bournemouth they play nice football, which is why I expect to win by a few.

Be very disappointed if we're not 5 clear of Chelsea tonight
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #165: Aug 17, 2015 05:28:30 pm
      Nothing is ever easy for us, I expect a tough game, any kind of 3 points would be fantastic. Another clean sheet would be very nice.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #166: Aug 17, 2015 05:37:09 pm
      Nothing is ever easy for us, I expect a tough game, any kind of 3 points would be fantastic. Another clean sheet would be very nice.

Away I'd agree with you but if we can't steam roll Bournemouth at Anfield we don't deserve to finish in the top four.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #167: Aug 17, 2015 05:51:15 pm
      Away I'd agree with you but if we can't steam roll Bournemouth at Anfield we don't deserve to finish in the top four.

Nice....way to set it up for a good moan if we only win by 1 or 2.

A win is good enough for me, don't care how bad we play or how many we scored. Not going to piss in my own cornflakes if we don't win "pretty".
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #168: Aug 17, 2015 06:04:31 pm
      From RAWK:

AFM Sources(Anfield FM Radio): Team for tonight:

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Firminho, Can, Coutinho, Benteke
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #169: Aug 17, 2015 06:08:09 pm
      From RAWK:

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Firminho, Can, Coutinho, Benteke

Firmino in? Very interesting, though not surprising given Lallana's absent performance at Stoke.

More or less, I think this is the ideal line up for many tonight. I know some want Sakho in, but its unwise to be chopping and changing a defence which has proven to be as fragile as ours.

Good line up I say.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #170: Aug 17, 2015 06:08:57 pm
      From RAWK:

That is pretty much the mid/forward area players that people wanted; if so good to see the gaffer not resting on his laurels or sentiment from last week.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #171: Aug 17, 2015 06:10:07 pm
      Courtesy of Ben Smith at the BBC

18:08 Important guests
      Liverpool v Bournemouth (20:00 BST)

Liverpool co-owners John W Henry and Tom Werner will be at Anfield for Monday's Premier League match against Bournemouth.

The Fenway Sports Group partners will be accompanied by Henry's wife Linda Pizzuti as they visit Merseyside as part of a scheduled business trip and to check on the progress of the construction of the new main stand at Anfield.

It will be Henry's first visit since Liverpool's 3-2 win over Tottenham in February.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #172: Aug 17, 2015 06:21:51 pm
      That is pretty much the mid/forward area players that people wanted; if so good to see the gaffer not resting on his laurels or sentiment from last week.

And with subs consisting of Sakho, Lucas, Lallana, Ibe and Ings you could argue we have the best bench in the PL.

Big contrast to our non existent bench last season.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #173: Aug 17, 2015 06:23:20 pm
      Keep the back four the same, they were solid last week and we need a bit of stability back there. As much as I think Sakho's our best CB, he's just going to have to wait for an opportunity to come up.

Can and Firmino should come in for Lallana and Ibe. Firmino is going to get nowhere fitness wise with just 20-30 minutes here and there so start him and when he tires bring Ibe on to run at tired defenders. Can needs to come in to free Milner and Henderson and let them do what they do best.

With some tough away games coming up it's crucial we get off to a good start at home so come on you Reds!

I'm sorry but i don't see milner & henderson being a good partnership. They will both play in their own half most of the game. This is down to the formation we play. Benteke will be isolated in a 4-3-3 formation, with us having no width. Also i am not convinced by IBE, he looks like he can play but , nothing seems to come from his play. I put this down to poor coaching. This team needs an identity, a distinct pattern to our play. I'm not convinced.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #174: Aug 17, 2015 06:30:13 pm
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: HELLO FELLOW SCOUSERS!!!! LONG LIVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WIN ISTANBUL 2005!!! LONG LIVE BENITEZ!!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Phew, i finally got that out of the way. Im pooping my cherry with this first post. I thank you all for the warm welcome and greeting. First things first, im so delighted with the signing Breden has done. Marvelous coups in the market. I think Ings and beneteke and Borini will be firing liverpool to ma champions league spot.

I just hope Lucas can be fit to play this season. He is so crucial to our back 5. WC player playing under a WC manager. We should get the best out of him if he stays fit.

Also like to say if we can keep steven henderson around the club for a few more years we will have an amazing chance to win the league next year. My biggest concern this year is trying to finish above arsenal. They are the inform team. United look shaky at the back, not worried about them and city just lack creativity.

I hope we beat Arsenal next week, but i have to say everytime we play them we look weak in the legs. Maybe its because of that mesmerizing theo run that killed Mashc's career at liverpool, :f_steam: but i feel their legs tremble with fear when he shows up. We need to step up and stand up tall. We need 3 pts vs them.

To end my first post, i would like to say YNWA and i will alwyas be there by your side. LONG LIVE KING BRENDEN! LOVE YOU BOO!

KB

I was going to give my opinion on Henderson and Lucas and King Brendan , but your wild and enthusiastic first post has won me over. C'mon you reds.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #175: Aug 17, 2015 06:31:13 pm
      And with subs consisting of Sakho, Lucas, Lallana, Ibe and Ings you could argue we have the best bench in the PL.

Big contrast to our non existent bench last season.

Whilst I don't think it's the best bench in the league, it is still considerably better than last season.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #176: Aug 17, 2015 06:33:40 pm
      Against Stoke, after a re-watch, he was our best player on the day.  That justifies him keeping his place.
      Agree, he did play well ( apart from the elbow) . Lets hope he on the up an up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #177: Aug 17, 2015 06:40:36 pm
      Bournemouth will be buzzing for this and the players have to respond by being just as psyched for the first match at Anfield of the new season.

We have the quality and ability, it's just the mental state that worries me.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #178: Aug 17, 2015 06:48:08 pm
      Bournemouth will be buzzing for this and the players have to respond by being just as psyched for the first match at Anfield of the new season.

We have the quality and ability, it's just the mental state that worries me.

Agree, the crowd will be up for this but, the players have to give them something to cheer about. It can't just be about the first home game of the season. we need to see something to get excited about. Bournemouth will be up for this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #179: Aug 17, 2015 06:48:20 pm
      From RAWK:

Our strongest side right now I'd say.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #180: Aug 17, 2015 06:51:08 pm
      From RAWK:

Be quite happy with that. Would mean Brendan seen the same as us in Ibe and Lallana last week.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #181: Aug 17, 2015 06:52:12 pm
      Our strongest side right now I'd say.

What formation?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #182: Aug 17, 2015 06:58:36 pm
      I don't envy the Gaffer's position this season*. Every game more or less is under the microscope since the season kicked off to wherever it all ends up.

We know folk have commented on his teeth, his victory salute, dialogue with the press, formations, tactics, portraits, you name it, they've written about it.

All that vitriol is always going to be just 90 minutes away from rearing its ugly head once more. For that reason alone I hope we get all 3 points tonight.

Player Watch: Henderson

*Well actually of course I envy his position; he's the LFC manager! But you know what I mean.

EDIT: See the post directly below this one for the perfect example of what I mean  :roll:
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #183: Aug 17, 2015 06:59:19 pm
      Unchanged side and Sakho is leaving. Good job BR...

Quick Reply