Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 46005 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #782: Aug 18, 2015 01:04:57 pm
      You don't have a shitting clue what you're talking about? I doubt you've ever watched a Bundesliga match.

They do show it you're right, but it doesn't matter, because you don't even f**king watch it.

I'll just reply with a quote from me @ 27 october 2014

i think we should have went for german players, and still think that we should try and get them in january or summer ... they fit our philosphy very well, could use hamman to lure them here, and most german players have a soft spot for our league and even for our team

khedira, reus, gundogan, hummels, niklas sule, kevin volland, bender twins, julian brandt, timo werner, max kruse, maximilian arnold, draxler, meyer, goretzka are players that would make a great career at us

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #783: Aug 18, 2015 01:05:13 pm
      Pretty much.

If we had went all out attack these first two games and drew or lost Brendan would be getting slaughtered for 'not learning anything' from many.

It's clear to me that some of those who have even said they'll give him a chance are just waiting on a slip up.

I wanted him gone and thought the time was right to make a change but once it was clear that wasn't happening he had my backing and I was keen to see if he has learned from last season and I think he has.
      I would put money on Brendan being here next year regardless as its clear FSG want him and nobody else. I dont think its fair to be employed in any business with an axe hanging over your head and I am sure Brendan had been told his postion is not in danger.
      Personally I was glad to see the back of last season and am more than happy with our start, not with our performance but results matter more than performance for me. Not singling out any players but some of them really need to man up and work harder ,Lovren and Lallana are much better players than we have seen Sakho too we will do much better this season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #784: Aug 18, 2015 01:07:32 pm

do you wear a gimp suit whilst posting George.the reason i ask is that you seem to enjoy having forum member tear your posts to shreds yet you come back for more every time. ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #785: Aug 18, 2015 01:19:24 pm

Think you have a German fetish GeorgeRed. In relation to all the bickering, you have been behind the manager/players for awhile now, said some really positive things... but on match day you became mega skeptic extraordinaire.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #786: Aug 18, 2015 02:18:38 pm
      Just got back home after a 13 hour flight from the States and decided to watch the MNF highlights - underwelming would be my description. But at least we got the 3 pts so main objective achieved.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #787: Aug 18, 2015 02:35:02 pm
      Think you have a German fetish GeorgeRed. In relation to all the bickering, you have been behind the manager/players for awhile now, said some really positive things... but on match day you became mega skeptic extraordinaire.

You noticed that too, a bir more subtlety required  George to maintain some semblance of credibility.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #788: Aug 18, 2015 02:49:04 pm
      Wasn't a pretty performance but another vital three points so well done Brendan and the boys. Looked a bit nervous last night at times but two clean sheets and six points should do a lot for our confidence going into the Arsenal game.

Anyway, I saw our players perform as follows:-

Same old Mignolet. Pulled off a few good saves but misjudged a couple of crosses and his distribution was poor at times. Never feel at ease with him in our goal.

Clyne - Superb. It is so refreshing to finally have a right back who can defend. Very solid performance all round.
      Skrtel - Not a lot to do really. Handled most things well.
      Lovren - Didn't look as comfortable as he did against Stoke and their pacey forwards gave him problems at times but a relatively steady performance.
      Gomez - Defensively sound but offers nothing going forward which is expected really as he is not a natural full back.

Hendo - Couldn't get into the game really, maybe due to his injury.
      Milner - Poor first half, didn't see much of the ball. Very good second half and showed his work rate. Awful free kick though :lmao:
      Can - His touch let him down at times. Gave the ball away too much as well. Not his best performance.

Lallana - Awful. He offers nothing. He keeps hold of the ball for too long and slows our attack down. Wouldn't be stating him at the moment.
      Ibe - Same. Struggled to get into the last couple of games.
      Coutinho - His usual self. Always looking to get on the ball and do something. Wasn't his best game by any means but he wasn't bad either. Don't know where we would be without him sometimes though.
      Firmino - Didn't have enough time to settle in and make an impact.
      Moreno - Wasn't on for long but offered a lot more balance to our team. A great run towards the end of the game too.

Benteke - Our best player. He won everything in the air and was a big handful all night. Showed a few nice tricks, touches and bits of pace too which was nice to see. Got off the mark with a goal so well done big ben.

I'm probably being a little harsh because it's now become a whole 'me against Benteke' thing on this forum but I do have a couple of criticisms. I counted three occasions last night where he held the ball up very well and did all the hard work but then turned and tried to switch the ball with a 40-50 yard pass in our own half. Bournemouth intercepted and regained possession with this but luckily didn't take advantage. Had we been playing against a better side they might have punished us. My other criticism there were a few times he was too static. I was sat in the lower centenary online with the Bournemouth's back four for most of the second half and I was purposely watching his movement. Sometimes, he was just too static for my liking.

BUT, like I said I'm being harsh probably, he played very well and was our best player last night. He showed plenty of nice passing and some good movement at times too. Hopefully it continues.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #789: Aug 18, 2015 03:24:10 pm
      All other issues aside it's fantastic to have such a great right back again.. Thought Clyne was brilliant last night. Couple of ferocious tackles and deserved the assist he should have got near the end when Benteke missed.

Not 100% convinced by this formation yet but to win two games conceding none with a work in progress is promising.

Big test next week, looking forward to it.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #790: Aug 18, 2015 03:28:53 pm
      I'm not saying he had a bad game here by any means but did anyone notice Coutinho give the ball away umpteen times last night? It was like Luis Garcia on a bad night for spells of the game but whilst Lallana gets crucified (I thought Adam played quite well 2nd half) the little Brazilian's misses don't warrant a mention.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #791: Aug 18, 2015 03:38:19 pm
      You must have watched the one where Lovren is still fair game, lad.

I thought he did good. Our fullbacks okay, solid. Gomez didn't offer much going forward.

I watched the one where Lovren was just OK and Clyne was easily head and shoulders above most on the pitch yet you think he was average going off your rating.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #792: Aug 18, 2015 03:52:34 pm
      Let's be fair - Coutinho should have got on the scoreboard at least once, if not twice.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #793: Aug 18, 2015 04:45:00 pm
      I can't imagine if we draw or lost this game, the forum would be on meltdown. We played decent not special, were a little lucky too (you need lucky to win any game on the world) but the most important is the 3 point. 6 out of 6.

Winning brings confidence, confidence brings success! That is what matters.

Well done lfc for the victory. 2 wins out of 38, 36 wins left to win the league.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #794: Aug 18, 2015 05:25:55 pm
      Happy with 6 points clean sheet but our midfield very poor and area l would spent money on top midfield and James Milner not answer l know we are only 2 games in season but when last time we played great football we seem get worse to watch as fan
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #795: Aug 18, 2015 05:48:49 pm
      A little lackluster, but 3 points is 3 points. First 2 games is reminiscent of the start we had 2 years ago. Defense solid, but we are not convincing in victory. Clyne was easily our best defender, such a joy to watch this #2 defend compared to what we've had to watch the past 3-4 seasons. Our midfield is a bit of concern for me. While they are hard working (Lallana worked his socks off for us defensively in the 2nd half), we are not getting that effective press we have had in the past. Can looked slow and sloppy to me, and would not get into my first XI in the midfield at this point in time. Couts was easy on they eyes, and I fear we may be lucky to hold on to him in the next season or two if he continues with these performances. We all should be thankful Benteke got his first goal, that can only lead to more confidence. On a different note, am I the only one not impressed with Firmino at this point? Granted, he barley has 35 minutes under his belt, but I don't see the quality Couts has, and he certainly must improve his work rate. I'm not sure where he slides into the equation.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #796: Aug 18, 2015 05:53:01 pm
      On the one hand, we were lucky. Lucky not to concede from a set piece (I thought it was a soft foul). Lucky to have our goal stand (should have been ruled out for offside). Lucky to win and get the 3 points.

On the other hand, we were the better side. We have 6 points from 2 games. We look much more solid in defense  than any other point in the last 3 years. We still have our best player recovering from injury.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck and we are riding ours at the moment. Long may it continue!!!

Another 1-0 win at the Emirates please  :)
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #797: Aug 18, 2015 06:21:58 pm
      Lovren came nowhere close to Clyne or even Benteke last night, don't know what makes you think he was as good as them.

Think you're looking through some tinted glasses here. It's not Lovrens job to be a fullback or striker, he's a center half and it would be pointless to compare players in three different positions. If you don't think he was an 8/10 fair enough but your argument is apples and oranges.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #798: Aug 18, 2015 06:29:06 pm

The matchday thread is always full of comments made in "the heat of the moment", it's notorious and people should know that most reactions when the match is played are knee-jerk.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #799: Aug 18, 2015 06:36:20 pm
      The matchday thread is always full of comments made in "the heat of the moment", it's notorious and people should know that most reactions when the match is played are knee-jerk.

Yep seems that way, it's too much for me to post and watch the game most times so I just read all the comments, sometimes afterwards. Tensions are high ;D, got to release some of that, might as well do it on here of coarse. Thanks for all the reads coz I'm too lazy.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #800: Aug 18, 2015 08:07:28 pm

Was sagst du da herr fishpie? GeorgeRed hat eine Deutsch Fetisch! aber das ist gut , ja,?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #801: Aug 18, 2015 08:15:35 pm
      We look much more solid in defence because Gerrard isn't there anymore. That's a brutal fact, but his immobility the last three years was torturing the side at times.

When he comes back to the club (of which I hope does happen - although obviously not as manager), I sure hope it isn't in the capacity of a player (i.e. this January) because there's absolutely no point at all.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #802: Aug 18, 2015 09:13:30 pm
      We look much more solid in defence because Gerrard isn't there anymore. That's a brutal fact, but his immobility the last three years was torturing the side at times.

When he comes back to the club (of which I hope does happen - although obviously not as manager), I sure hope it isn't in the capacity of a player (i.e. this January) because there's absolutely no point at all.

I think Clyne is a major factor in this but we must temper our judgement with the fact that we've played Stoke and Bournemouth. By the letter of the law Bournemouth have a case to say they should have won the game so yes we've looked better defensively but we're yet to face a proper test, that will come next Monday.

I suspect that Ramsay and Oxlaide-Chamberlain will give us a proper test on the left.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #803: Aug 18, 2015 09:21:47 pm
      I think Clyne is a major factor in this but we must temper our judgement with the fact that we've played Stoke and Bournemouth. By the letter of the law Bournemouth have a case to say they should have won the game so yes we've looked better defensively but we're yet to face a proper test, that will come next Monday.

I suspect that Ramsay and Oxlaide-Chamberlain will give us a proper test on the left.

In which case Gomez is going to have to stick closely to Lovren otherwise things could turn out ugly with those two running at Dejan.............

liamgarvey
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #804: Aug 18, 2015 10:46:55 pm
      It wasn't great overall but Benteke showed miles more than last time. Hopefully he will give us more options on types of attack as he settles in. As good as he is, we can't base everything around Coutinho putting clever little balls through the middle.

Quick Reply