Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 45999 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #805: Aug 18, 2015 11:07:38 pm
      Agree completely - we have time and again fallen into the "one-man team" trap which is too easy to neutralise.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #806: Aug 18, 2015 11:11:56 pm
      Thought Can and Ibe were our poorest players last night neither should start against Arsenal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #807: Aug 19, 2015 12:08:58 am
      36 to go!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #808: Aug 19, 2015 12:57:12 am
      5 New players, 18 shots, a win, 3 points, clean sheet, joint top of the table. Complaints???

Even if we don't get a result next week, when we collect our annual 3 points at home to West Ham we'll have at least 9 on the board before going to the toilet. That would be an excellent start in anyone's book. 
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #809: Aug 19, 2015 06:50:48 am
      I think that our players were really professional while being under constant threat and pressure. We scored and then did our best to keep the ball and try to score. Coutinho missed some very good scoring opportunities andBenteke could have scored another one easily.

Lallana was very poor in the first half but his second half in central midfield was very good IMO! He moved the ball quickly and started counter attacks, he needs a boost in confidence but he is on the right track.

My main concern however is that we don't have enough goal scorers in the team. Nobody expected Ibe of Lallana to score Monday, either they score more or they need to be replaced but only Firmino is better. I think a good top class winger or AM is still needed in this team,unless BR plays Hendo as no. 10 which would IMO be a very good idea.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #810: Aug 19, 2015 08:12:44 am
      We look much more solid in defence because Gerrard isn't there anymore. That's a brutal fact, but his immobility the last three years was torturing the side at times.

When he comes back to the club (of which I hope does happen - although obviously not as manager), I sure hope it isn't in the capacity of a player (i.e. this January) because there's absolutely no point at all.
      That is the biggest crock of sh*t ive heard , so Stevie made the likes of Lovren defend badly did he , its not because he was piss poor on his own, ok I get it now it was all Stevies fault go give your head a wobble ffs .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #811: Aug 19, 2015 02:20:45 pm
      That is the biggest crock of sh*t ive heard , so Stevie made the likes of Lovren defend badly did he , its not because he was piss poor on his own, ok I get it now it was all Stevies fault go give your head a wobble ffs .

Correct, but he also has a point, stevie was getting out paced in loads of games.

But BR should have maybe used him a bit differently, further forward.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #812: Aug 19, 2015 02:30:45 pm
      Correct, but he also has a point, stevie was getting out paced in loads of games.

Did you actually mean that the way Stevie was defending meant Lovren committing himself to cover Stevie at times. And that sometimes leads to oversight of other opposing players or gaps in the defence?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #813: Aug 19, 2015 02:33:47 pm

Stevie was getting run past in midfield. He still is with the Galaxy at times as well. I think it was foolish to ask him to add to our defensive shape...he should have been used more as an attacking midfielder in my mind. Less defensive responsibility, allow him to be more creative and save his legs for marauding runs into the box.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #814: Aug 19, 2015 02:36:41 pm
      Thought Can and Ibe were our poorest players last night neither should start against Arsenal.

Disagree on Can not starting at Arsenal. We're going to need 3 in midfield, and I'd love to see Emre give Ozil a bit of shoulder. Ozil doesn't cope too well with physical play.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #815: Aug 19, 2015 02:44:46 pm
      Disagree on Can not starting at Arsenal. We're going to need 3 in midfield, and I'd love to see Emre give Ozil a bit of shoulder. Ozil doesn't cope too well with physical play.

Agreed, it's vital we play 3 in midfield against Arsenal or we'll get overrun. I'd be happy to see Lucas/Milner/Can with Hendo possibly missing out due to injury. The only thing I'd say is Lucas can take a few games to get going, exactly why we need a player like Illarra and despite there not being a bid for him yet I'd really love us to pull this one out of the bag.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #816: Aug 19, 2015 03:00:51 pm

If Hendo is injured and Lucas not selected then we will have no choice but to start Can.

Still a good option but he will need to step up his game considerably from Monday nights performance.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #817: Aug 19, 2015 04:19:56 pm
      If Hendo is injured and Lucas not selected then we will have no choice but to start Can.

Still a good option but he will need to step up his game considerably from Monday nights performance.

What was so poor about his performance Monday? Not just you mate but a couple have mentioned it but for me i don't recall a poor performance.

I recall a solid one, where he made a couple neat passes, kept us ticking in midfield, made a great recovering tackle before he got kicked in the head and made a positive powering run forward to get us up the field.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #818: Aug 19, 2015 04:59:37 pm

Now that's a different story altogether to state he held us back for three seasons , is nonsence ,wasnt too many complaints the season before unless of course you really blame him for us not winning the league , btw I still say hes better than half of our midfield.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #819: Aug 19, 2015 05:04:03 pm
      Stevie was getting run past in midfield. He still is with the Galaxy at times as well. I think it was foolish to ask him to add to our defensive shape...he should have been used more as an attacking midfielder in my mind. Less defensive responsibility, allow him to be more creative and save his legs for marauding runs into the box.
      Now that I agree with all day long, but to say he made our defence poor is bollox if the fckers behind him could actually defend  it wouldnt have been so bad , its not his fault that Lovren and Skittle  were like oil and water or even Toure come to that .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #820: Aug 19, 2015 05:05:17 pm
      Now that I agree with all day long, but to say he made our defence poor is bollox if the fckers behind him could actually defend  it wouldnt have been so bad , its not his fault that Lovren and Skittle  were like oil and water or even Toure come to that .

No, but if part of his purpose was to defend the back four...well it probably didn't help that much. I think it's likely a combination of both as opposed to either or?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #821: Aug 19, 2015 05:06:51 pm
      What was so poor about his performance Monday? Not just you mate but a couple have mentioned it but for me i don't recall a poor performance.

I recall a solid one, where he made a couple neat passes, kept us ticking in midfield, made a great recovering tackle before he got kicked in the head and made a positive powering run forward to get us up the field.

Agree I have noticed a few posters stating Can was poor, I thought he did his job when he came on in protecting the back 4. How was he any worse than Milner or Lallana who both ran a lot but offered nothing going forward.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #822: Aug 19, 2015 05:13:32 pm

He's 100% correct.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #823: Aug 19, 2015 05:15:21 pm

Except that his legs would give out after 25 minutes of doing high intensity sprints which means we would have had to use him as a sub which was impossible since he insisted on starting most games (and is the reason he left).
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #824: Aug 19, 2015 05:23:36 pm
      No, but if part of his purpose was to defend the back four...well it probably didn't help that much. I think it's likely a combination of both as opposed to either or?

Its probably the wrong thread to discuss it anyway , the point I was getting at was to blame him for three seasons of piss poor defending was complete nonsense to me , plus looking at the team now id still fancy his chances of scoring more goals than say 85% of what we have there played in the right position of course .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #825: Aug 19, 2015 05:27:30 pm
      Except that his legs would give out after 25 minutes of doing high intensity sprints which means we would have had to use him as a sub which was impossible since he insisted on starting most games (and is the reason he left).
      You or no one else knows the exact reason he left its all supposition , I would say the Real madrd debacle had more to do with it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #826: Aug 19, 2015 05:32:59 pm
      Did you actually mean that the way Stevie was defending meant Lovren committing himself to cover Stevie at times. And that sometimes leads to oversight of other opposing players or gaps in the defence?

No Lovren made his own mistakes.

I meant in general stevie was getting out paced, overran, whatever you want to call it.

And yes stevie left because of the madrid thing, and as he has said he could see himself being sub, and did not want that. Same as Carra retired before he became sub.

Both finished at the top level, just as you could see they were losing what once made them both immense players for us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #827: Aug 19, 2015 05:33:55 pm
      Agree I have noticed a few posters stating Can was poor, I thought he did his job when he came on in protecting the back 4. How was he any worse than Milner or Lallana who both ran a lot but offered nothing going forward.

Can just took a wee while to get into the game thats all. once he settled he had a decent game.

Quick Reply