Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 45675 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #828: Aug 19, 2015 05:41:00 pm

He is but its not the done thing to criticise Gerrard on here with some.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #829: Aug 19, 2015 06:39:13 pm
      Just a note on Can, he's made more tackles than any other player in the league so far so he isn't doing that badly.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #830: Aug 19, 2015 06:47:08 pm
      What the F**k has Steven Gerrard got to do with this? I mean if those of us who absolutely loved the man can move on, why can't those desperate to constantly slag him off do the same?

If we had him in his prime, partnering Graeme Souness in his prime, flanked by Ian Callaghan and Johnny Barnes in their primes and a front two of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush in their prime, then the chances are we would of beaten Bournemouth by a lot more. But we didn't have them. So it's F***ing pointless talking about "ifs".

Talk about facts, fact is we won. AGAIN. We kept a clean sheet. AGAIN. I'm happy. AGAIN.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #831: Aug 19, 2015 07:49:20 pm
      What the f**k has Steven Gerrard got to do with this? I mean if those of us who absolutely loved the man can move on, why can't those desperate to constantly slag him off do the same?

If we had him in his prime, partnering Graeme Souness in his prime, flanked by Ian Callaghan and Johnny Barnes in their primes and a front two of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush in their prime, then the chances are we would of beaten Bournemouth by a lot more. But we didn't have them. So it's f**king pointless talking about "ifs".

Talk about facts, fact is we won. AGAIN. We kept a clean sheet. AGAIN. I'm happy. AGAIN.

yes the same old crock who was still fighting at Stoke whilst others had given up. Also finished top scorer he contributed throughout his career.
      Anywho give me a lucky team any day of the week, a certain team down the East lancs won many things being spawny.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #832: Aug 19, 2015 10:10:29 pm
      I thought Bournemouth for the first 20 minutes played alright but then morphed into a typical newly promoted PL team, all over the place.. trying their luck from all angles...
      They had a tight back line but most teams who visit us year after year always do..it's down to us to break them down..and that we did to effect..

Stoke weren't any different really...

a couple of crap teams to play for the first two games of the season if you want my opinion..

6 points later......

The Arsenal game will be more open I think with both teams playing decent footy..Their up top two will be more of a test for our back two and our top two will be more of a test for their back two...
      My only concern is that they will suffocate Coutinho's game and starve us of any forward flow...and they do have players that can do that job.. so BR needs to be careful with his game plan..

I'll take another 1-0 win off Milners arse if needs be..
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #833: Aug 20, 2015 03:07:41 am
      Stevie was getting run past in midfield. He still is with the Galaxy at times as well. I think it was foolish to ask him to add to our defensive shape...he should have been used more as an attacking midfielder in my mind. Less defensive responsibility, allow him to be more creative and save his legs for marauding runs into the box.

Sadly BR didn't see that when a whole lot of us here did. That's BR for us until  he picks up more experience.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #834: Aug 20, 2015 03:30:44 am
      Finally watched all the game. 

Mignolet - Little to do really, his awareness of team mates, when a quick break away is on, is still non-existent. 6/10

Clyne - After a couple of iffy moments early on, again showed how much better than Johnson he is. 7/10

Gomez - Solid, few dodgy moments, this is a learning curve for him though. 6/10

Skrtel - A few clumsy errors, but better than last week and better than Lovren this week, though not by much.  6/10

Lovren - A couple of head in hand moments, but solid  for the most part.  6/10
      Henderson - Thought he controlled our tempo, shape & flow.  Missed when he went of, my MOTM.  7/10

Milner - I think I said it the last time out, we'll see a lot of this performaces. 6/10

Lallana - Thought he got about the pitch well, helping out both attack & defence, before looking a little lost when Henderson went off. 6/10

Ibe - Tough game for the young lad, did little with the little he was involved. 5/10

Coutinho - Think we'll see a few of these from Coutinho, decent but not great. 7/10

Benteke - Pressed and tracked intelligently, caused problems.  7/10

Can - Bitty, doesn't look fully up to speed 6/10

Firmino - Not involved enough to mark.

Moreno - Came on and looked like he had a point to prove, but not on long enough to rate.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #835: Aug 20, 2015 03:34:44 am
      Sadly BR didn't see that when a whole lot of us here did. That's BR for us until  he picks up more experience.

Kind of a difficult thing to deal with for any new manager, Gerrard going into his latter years with his hamstrings, fu**ed up situation for any new manager. Gerrard is a Liverpool legend but I knew years ago he's become a liability and surely must go.
      We should be loyal to great players but lets not be sentimental retards. We're here to win stuff not accommodate people because they've done a service,  you're not good enough for us now and you're not a second manager in the dressing room see ya.
      I'm supporting Liverpool fc not Gerrard fc, I love him for how talented & dedicated he was but personally I would F***ing move on and not live in some fantasy.
      He'll come back as manager soon enough.

redkop63 I wasn't aiming this towards you soz for quoting you, I just remembered someone saying how very dare you say something bad about Gerrard. I thought when I read it; why the F**k are we trying to fool ourselves... etc
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #836: Aug 20, 2015 03:47:46 am
      Kind of a difficult thing to deal with for any new manager, Gerrard going into his latter years with his hamstrings, fu**ed up situation for any new manager. Gerrard is a Liverpool legend but I knew years ago he's become a liability and surely must go.
      We should be loyal to great players but lets not be sentimental retards. We're here to win stuff not accommodate people because they've done a service,  you're not good enough for us now and you're not a second manager in the dressing room see ya.
      I'm supporting Liverpool fc not Gerrard fc, I love him for how talented & dedicated he was but personally I would f**king move on and not live in some fantasy.
      He'll come back as manager soon enough.

Great Liverpool managers of the past in the 70s and 80s did not live on sentiments. They are crude and brutal and when players are put on the transfer list we jolly well know that either they did fit the system or that their useful life is about to come to an end. That's why we are so successful during that 2 decades. Player brought in to fit the system not the other way round. We're having the opposite now, that's what that worries me. Some players brought in from Swansea and elsewhere by BR in the first 2 seasons who are mid-table standard players are still around. Shankly, Paisely, Fagan and KK would have shipped them out long ago.

Yeah, fishpie Stevie will always be a legend to me and to many and that's never gonna change a bit. But sentiments must not come in the way where we must keep reminding ourselves no one player is greater than the club.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #837: Aug 20, 2015 04:01:16 am
      Agree I have noticed a few posters stating Can was poor, I thought he did his job when he came on in protecting the back 4. How was he any worse than Milner or Lallana who both ran a lot but offered nothing going forward.

I would prefer Can all day long than Lallana. At least Can defends and brings the ball forward. Lallana I don't know what he does anymore, his runs deep into the opposition box like what we used to see in his Southampton days are not there anymore. I thought BR brought him in just to do that instead of pin-balling around the midfield area.  Has he been instructed to play in this manner by BR? I'm not surprised that Lallana has been instructed not to get into the opposition box. 2 goals scored in 2 games and 2 of our players against 7 defenders inside the opposition box, it's not surprising we only scored 2 goals. When I watch Can, I'm looking at a potential Viera II but does BR even notice that? I doubt it, his tactics has been so regimented and organized that it offers nothing going forward.

That's the difference between a world class manager and a rookie manager.

Let's see what happens in the match against arse whom like to roam just outside the box looking for openings. And we certainly needed a Masch in this kind of games to neutralise the treat, sadly we don't have a Masch. Hopefully, this will open BR's eyes on the need of a world class DM.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #838: Aug 20, 2015 04:16:00 am
      Great Liverpool managers of the past in the 70s and 80s did not live on sentiments. They are crude and brutal and when players are put on the transfer list we jolly well know that either they did fit the system or that their useful life is about to come to an end. That's why we are so successful during that 2 decades. Player brought in to fit the system not the other way round. We're having the opposite now, that's what that worries me. Some players brought in from Swansea and elsewhere by BR in the first 2 seasons who are mid-table standard players are still around. Shankly, Paisely, Fagan and KK would have shipped them out long ago.

Yeah, fishpie Stevie will always be a legend to me and to many and that's never gonna change a bit. But sentiments must not come in the way where we must keep reminding ourselves no one player is greater than the club.

Lovely post, it's well better put than my attempt to explain how ruthless we were or what made us successful in the first place was these guidelines. exactly.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #839: Aug 20, 2015 07:17:14 am
      What the F**k has Steven Gerrard got to do with this? I mean if those of us who absolutely loved the man can move on, why can't those desperate to constantly slag him off do the same?

Only picked this bit Billy  that bit is spot on he, s gone so leave him out of it , I just dont get it, as for being a ruthless manager yes the ones mentioned were , but the one thing they did in the maine was  replace with equivalent or better , but thats a different story and thread .Three points move on .
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #840: Aug 20, 2015 07:27:17 am
      Motm Benteke
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #841: Aug 20, 2015 08:21:26 am
      What the f**k has Steven Gerrard got to do with this? I mean if those of us who absolutely loved the man can move on, why can't those desperate to constantly slag him off do the same?

If we had him in his prime, partnering Graeme Souness in his prime, flanked by Ian Callaghan and Johnny Barnes in their primes and a front two of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush in their prime, then the chances are we would of beaten Bournemouth by a lot more. But we didn't have them. So it's f**king pointless talking about "ifs".

your are right. I was just responding to a post.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #842: Aug 20, 2015 12:18:55 pm

Only picked this bit Billy  that bit is spot on he, s gone so leave him out of it , I just dont get it, as for being a ruthless manager yes the ones mentioned were , but the one thing they did in the maine was  replace with equivalent or better , but thats a different story and thread .Three points move on .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #843: Aug 20, 2015 09:48:42 pm
      and our top two will be more of a test for their back two...

Think Brendan will stick with top 1.
      If he isn't confident enough in his side to go 2 up front at home against Bournemouth, he sure hasn't got the balls to do it at the arse. I'd love to see it, to give the opposition a bit more to think about, and keep them more occupied at the back. That takes a bit of pressure off our midfield imo.
      But will Brendan see it that way ? I don't think so. Be prepared to get peppered !
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #844: Aug 21, 2015 05:31:48 pm
      Think Brendan will stick with top 1.
      If he isn't confident enough in his side to go 2 up front at home against Bournemouth, he sure hasn't got the balls to do it at the arse. I'd love to see it, to give the opposition a bit more to think about, and keep them more occupied at the back. That takes a bit of pressure off our midfield imo.
      But will Brendan see it that way ? I don't think so. Be prepared to get peppered !

True enough Gerns.
      He runs the risk of becoming too predictable week in week out if we constantly play with Big Ben up on his own, especially against the two Arsenal centre halves on Monday..
      Think i'm commenting now in the wrong thread, ha.. I'll switch over to the Arsenal game thread me thinks..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #845: Aug 22, 2015 10:49:42 am
      Benteke goal was wrongly allowed
      Christian Benteke's goal against Bournemouth on Monday should not have stood,the Prem. League has confirmed.
      Philippe Coutinho was in an offside position when the goal was scored and the recently amended offside rule which states that a player does not have to touch the ball to be ruled offside, would theoretically have invalidated the goal.
      The Prem. League has written to all top flight clubs clarifying the new interpretation of the rule. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34022326

What bollox will they come up with next?
      Coutinho was 20 yards away and playing no part in the goal as well as having no effect on anyone involved.
      Those conditions meant the player did not present an unfair advantage and until this bollox announcement the official gave the goal because the player did not affect the field of play.

Very surprised the Premier League virtual Gods did not order a victory annulment (under new legislation) and present the win to Bournemouth by virtue of a perfectly good goal (in their opinion) scored earlier and disallowed.
      F***ing bollox merchants.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2015 11:06:12 am by stuey »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #846: Aug 22, 2015 10:59:10 am
      Benteke goal was wrongly allowed
      Christian Benteke's goal against Bournemouth on Monday should not have stood,the Prem. League has confirmed.
      Philippe Coutinho was in an offside position when the goal was scored and the recently amended offside rule which states that a player does not have to touch the ball to be ruled offside, would theoretically have invalidated the goal.
      The Prem. League has written to all top flight clubs clarifying the new interpretation of the rule. 
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34022326
      Couldn't give a fig.

About time we had a little bit of luck.

Pity it was not against the Chelsea, then it would have been a fake result.
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #847: Aug 22, 2015 03:41:55 pm
      What bollox will they come up with next?
      Coutinho was 20 yards away and playing no part in the goal as well as having no effect on anyone involved.
      Those conditions meant the player did not present an unfair advantage and until this bollox announcement the official gave the goal because the player did not affect the field of play.

Don't think that's 20 yards away :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #848: Aug 22, 2015 03:45:59 pm

Don't think that's 20 yards away :D

My mistake, still bollox tho'.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #849: Aug 22, 2015 04:00:47 pm
      My mistake, still bollox tho'.

Under the new rules, it's not bollocks. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #850: Aug 22, 2015 04:49:38 pm
      Under the new rules, it's not bollocks. 
      When a player who has no input or direct contribution in scoring a goal is put up as a reason for that goal being disallowed,  there will always be controversy.

Quick Reply