Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 48427 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Bournemouth
      Reply #621: Aug 17, 2015 10:08:14 pm
      6 points from 6, 5 clear of the Champions, 5 clear of Spurs and 3 clear of Arsenal. Got to be made up with that right?

Mate, have you been watching how we play? And i say play in the most generous sense of the word. Our luck will run out.That is what is helping us at the moment. We look a mess and we are gona get found out
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #622: Aug 17, 2015 10:08:23 pm
      On the whole I've been uninspired by our first two performances. 

BUT 6 points though.

And 6 points that, bearing in mind the fixtures we've got coming up - we absolutely had to get.

Who knows - maybe better opposition might ignite something.  For now I'll take scoring one more goal than the other team every time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #623: Aug 17, 2015 10:09:06 pm
      Well he did checked his previous games in Bundesliga, no ? Because that's how he always plays. I'm sure Brendan was careful when he signed him, and knows that he doesn't make the defensive phase at all, he wouldn't want to throw money at a player he doesn't know, no ?

You don't have a shitting clue what you're talking about? I doubt you've ever watched a Bundesliga match.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #624: Aug 17, 2015 10:09:17 pm
      Agreed, thought Coutinho was miles ahead in first half, but Coutinho dropped off (Guessing fitness) and Clyne / Benteke maintained or even improved their level.

Clyne was so good he probably just shades it, but it's damn close imo.

That's exactly how I saw it mate.

Would not even bring him on as a sub if he strolled around like that again, trying the odd flick. Needs to buck up sharpish...

It's been a common theme with some Brazilian players. Coutinho has said numerous times that when he joined us he was expected to defend a lot more and he was never asked to do that before when in Brazil. It's also part of the reason why he didn't settle in Italy. It could be the same for Firmino, he just needs a bit of time to settle and get used to those responsibilities.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #625: Aug 17, 2015 10:10:19 pm
      Not the finest 90 minutes I've ever seen from Liverpool but I'll take that result all season long. Another clean sheet will add to confidence.

We'll need to be a lot better next week and I'm sure we will.

Really liking young Gomez. Also thought Benteke done well. Biggest downer for me was Lallana so much talent but was rarely involved and it looked like Moreno came on with the mindset of fighting for his place great to see that
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #626: Aug 17, 2015 10:10:58 pm
      You don't have a shitting clue what you're talking about? I doubt you've ever watched a Bundesliga match.

I've watched alot of Bundesliga and i followed Firmino closely. He doesn't track back, he is a flair player, you can't ask him to defend because he hasn't done it so far in his career. Hoffenheim was a team notorious for their attacking play, but also because they didn't know how to defend.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #627: Aug 17, 2015 10:11:12 pm

BUT 6 points though.

And 6 points that, bearing in mind the fixtures we've got coming up - we absolutely had to get.

Who knows - maybe better opposition might ignite something.  For now I'll take scoring one more goal than the other team every time.

Our first 3 results at the start of the 2013/14 season were 1-0 wins and scrappy ones at that. I'll take those any day over good performances and dropping points though.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #628: Aug 17, 2015 10:12:01 pm
      Said it before and saying it again, Lallana has gone down a few gears since he joined us while Markovic is too flamboyant with no substance, just convert Moreno to an attacking  midfileder. Looks like he is the only one among the lot that dares to take on defenders and very impressed with his commitment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #629: Aug 17, 2015 10:12:08 pm
      Well you forgot Ritchie hitting the bar.

Ah yes, that glorious build up play by Bournemouth where their attacker couldn't control the ball and it fell for the winger to put his foot through it.

Do F**k off, George.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #630: Aug 17, 2015 10:12:43 pm

I've watched alot of Bundesliga and i followed Firmino closely. He doesn't track back, he is a flair player, you can't ask him to defend because he hasn't done it so far in his career. Hoffenheim was a team notorious for their attacking play, but also because they didn't know how to defend.

You are so full of sh*t its coming out of every orifice in your body and oozing out of your sweat glands.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #631: Aug 17, 2015 10:13:29 pm

BUT 6 points though.

We will play better than this, I'm convinced of that, so to get 6 points and two clean sheets while still bedding in new players is a massive plus for me.

Also grinding our 1-0 is something we criticise Brendan for not being able to do at times so another positive.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #632: Aug 17, 2015 10:13:42 pm
      We have too many players showing up for 20 minutes a game.

Not sure what it is with Can, but I'm not convinced of his footballing brain. Sure he'll work hard, but he's just as likely to be out of position, mistime a tackle, or be ball watching. Not sure anyone (including him) knows his best position.

Central defence is going to cost us this season, and I'm starting to think Skittles is as much to blame as anyone who might be playing alongside him. Always seems to be a lack of communication there, regardless of who plays.

Midfield is so wrong for me. Henderson Milner/Can gives us legs but not much else; though I think this is more to do with the formation played. Honestly believe our two poor performances so far have been down to us adopting the 4-2-3-1 formation (away and at home).

Seemingly no objective to our play, no fluency, disjointed, and yet 2 wins out of 2.

That said, if a Bournemouth fan had said to me you were lucky and should have lost that 0-1, I couldn't really argue.

Must improve but I think that won't happen until we drop the current formation and play 4-3-3 or something. Perhaps the Gaffer is just waiting for Firmino to get up to speed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #633: Aug 17, 2015 10:14:03 pm
      I agree mate, our central midfield just didn't look right again today. Not sure what the solution is.   

Yea, we look a bit unbalanced still. We're more solid though, maybe at the expense of a little less guile going forward.

Guess will take some time to settle things, but in the meantime we're picking up all 3 points, so credit the players and BR for that
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #634: Aug 17, 2015 10:14:26 pm
      Last time we opened with a couple of 1-0 wins we went on to score a gazillion goals. 2013-14.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #635: Aug 17, 2015 10:14:30 pm

You are so full of sh*t its coming out of every orifice in your body and oozing out of your sweat glands.

I'm not at all full of sh*t, i'm just stating the facts about Firmino and his team Hoffenheim, he is a very good attacking player, but don't expect from him to track back alot. We should use his qualities first, not trying to convert him in something he isnt.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #636: Aug 17, 2015 10:16:46 pm
      Well he did checked his previous games in Bundesliga, no ? Because that's how he always plays. I'm sure Brendan was careful when he signed him, and knows that he doesn't make the defensive phase at all, he wouldn't want to throw money at a player he doesn't know, no ?

I highly doubt you even knew who Firmino was before he came to Liverpool.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #637: Aug 17, 2015 10:16:48 pm

I thought he was actually known for his work ethic and defensive work? Pretty sure I remember reading something about him winning possession a lot of times in the final third and also having a high number of tackles per game.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #638: Aug 17, 2015 10:17:13 pm
      Last time we opened with a couple of 1-0 wins we went on to score a gazillion goals. 2013-14.

True. And in that run of games, we nearly drew with Stoke (Migs saved a penalty), Aston Villa (Benteke himself nearly scoring in the final minutes, great save by Migs again) and Sturridge scored with his back to get a win vs United.

I don't think anyone is happy with the performances so far as a whole but at this point of the season all that matters is winning really. There's a long way to go but every red should be happy we're starting the fight with 6 points
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #639: Aug 17, 2015 10:18:43 pm

And oh yea, please, whoever says its offside go see a doctor and check your eyes! Benteke was clearly onside. Countinho was not interfering nor did he touch the ball.

YNWA,

KB

" If a player has a shot at goal and a team-mate in an offside position makes a play for the ball – even if they do not touch it – the goal will now be disallowed."

Coutinho made an attempt at getting the ball and was offside.  We were very very lucky tonight
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #640: Aug 17, 2015 10:18:43 pm
      but don't expect from him to track back alot.

BR will expect EVERYONE to put in a shift.  If he doesn't, he won't play much.

Early days for him though, plenty of time for him to prove himself...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #641: Aug 17, 2015 10:18:46 pm
      I'm not at all full of sh*t, i'm just stating the facts about Firmino and his team Hoffenheim, he is a very good attacking player, but don't expect from him to track back alot. We should use his qualities first, not trying to convert him in something he isnt.

:lmao:

I actually DID watch him for Hoffenheim and his work rate is something that is a huge part of his game. He'll run himself in to the ground - let him settle and judge him on more than two small cameos.

You're a fake and entirely what is wrong with football supporters.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #642: Aug 17, 2015 10:19:36 pm
      I highly doubt you even knew who Firmino was before he came to Liverpool.

Then you really underestimate me, i know who Volland is also and who Sule is, both playing at them, know how Salihovic kept Firmino on the bench initially but he took his place when he was sold in China. I think i know alot more football in general than you for an example, i could tell you good players even from FC Darmstadt.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #643: Aug 17, 2015 10:19:49 pm
      Bright from Moreno - I've always been a fan, even if he did struggle last season. Defensive frailties there for sure but cannot underestimate his attacking instinct.

Quick Reply