Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23692 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #138: Aug 22, 2015 03:54:26 pm

So you have chosen a side that will Park the bus yet say we are useless at,

Says it all really 
      your nothing more than a WUM fella,  F**k sake you can't even spell our players names properly,

Do us a favour shitehawk and f**k off,

LFC supporter,  MY ARSE!!

YNWA

Just ignore him. The more people respond to his wummery the more he feeds off it. Don't feed the troll!

On topic, I've got a feeling we will overpower Arsenal in this one. They don't like the physical game, and we have some real beasts in our side now with Clyne, Gomez, Can, Henderson,  Milner,  and Benteke all up for a physical battle!!
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #139: Aug 22, 2015 03:55:23 pm
      You're just wrong.

Poor Distribution?  He has good distribution, both short and long, keeps the ball moving. 
      His striking isn't the greatest, but it has come on leaps and bounds, god knows what you think of Coutinho's striking, his on target efforts are rare as they are beautiful.

As a by-the-by, Ferguson rated Henderson and had him heavily scouted, Pellegrini has discussed the quality of Henderson in the past and rumours came out about Chelsea earlier this year.  Like a few on here, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Ferguson did not rate Henderson, He looked at him and decided no.The rest of what you say is just rumour.Alonso and Mascherano were class, thats why they were snapped up. Henderson is a poor footballer, an inconsistent , overrated footballer, that our rivals are happy to see bigged up at our expense.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #140: Aug 22, 2015 03:57:26 pm
      Yes he is our captain and a fine player to boot.

Now either get behind him and the team or f**k off from this forum littleshit.

Er, no.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #141: Aug 22, 2015 03:58:29 pm
      Ferguson did not rate Henderson, He looked at him and decided no.The rest of what you say is just rumour.Alonso and Mascherano were class, thats why they were snapped up. Henderson is a poor footballer, an inconsistent , overrated footballer, that our rivals are happy to see bigged up at our expense.

As I said earlier, it's within you rights to be wrong and, in this case, I believe you are.  As for the Chelsea rumour, I have a cousin that worked at the club, 'twas more than a rumour.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #142: Aug 22, 2015 04:00:35 pm

Criticise the captain? For sure. Relentlessly goading him and belittling him? That's low.

I doubt the majority of this forum regards you with anything other than sheer contempt!
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #143: Aug 22, 2015 04:01:49 pm
      As I said earlier, it's within you rights to be wrong and, in this case, I believe you are.  As for the Chelsea rumour, I have a cousin that worked at the club, 'twas more than a rumour.

Fair dinkum
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #144: Aug 22, 2015 04:04:23 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #145: Aug 22, 2015 04:16:58 pm
      How w*nk is Monday night footy?.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #146: Aug 22, 2015 04:22:45 pm

So you won't get behind the team and have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this forum.

Classic WUM.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #147: Aug 22, 2015 05:17:42 pm
      How w*nk is Monday night footy?.

Megawank.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #148: Aug 22, 2015 05:23:16 pm
      Jeez...

Back on Topic me thinks...

Lets just remind ourselves of what we are capable of doing to Arsenal...

Loving the foreign commentary....

youtu.be/wl6iIgSvXZI

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #149: Aug 22, 2015 05:50:01 pm
      So you won't get behind the team and have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this forum.

Classic WUM.

He also said that Hendo hasn't contributed anything to the team this season meanwhile he got the only assist of our last game. The fact that multiple pages of responses have catered to his sh*tty ramblings is mind-boggling.

Jeez...

Back on Topic me thinks...

Lets just remind ourselves of what we are capable of doing to Arsenal...

Loving the foreign commentary....

youtu.be/wl6iIgSvXZI

Now that is what I like to see. We're still very much capable of this as well. They're not that great of a team in terms of quality. Would love to see us bag a few.

Also for those who follow the bib theory, Couts, Benteke, Firmino, and Tex are all wearing the same colored bib (this is just based off a quick look at my Instagram, which also shows Sakho in great spirits).

Probably another example of why we shouldn't follow the bib theory as exciting (yet equally risky) as it'd be to throw Tex a start in London.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #150: Aug 22, 2015 05:52:39 pm
      This game will be completely different to that one. I see us being more compact and defensive but i don't think it will work, Arsenal crumble when they are being attacked and attacked, not when they are allowed to play.

I am unsure about this game because i feel like Arsenal aren't unbeatable but when they turn up they can be a hard team to get any points off, let alone win against.

But if we play to our strengths, let Coutinho run through them and find Benteke who will fire us to a third consecutive 1-0 victory ill be happy.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #151: Aug 22, 2015 06:00:49 pm
      This game will be completely different to that one. I see us being more compact and defensive but i don't think it will work, Arsenal crumble when they are being attacked and attacked, not when they are allowed to play.

I am unsure about this game because i feel like Arsenal aren't unbeatable but when they turn up they can be a hard team to get any points off, let alone win against.

But if we play to our strengths, let Coutinho run through them and find Benteke who will fire us to a third consecutive 1-0 victory ill be happy.

I think we are going to spend the 1st hour of the match being the bully...Benteke, Milner, Lovren, Skrtel...time to play the tough guy..that's really what the Arse do not like...do that for a bit then see about nicking a goal.

I truly think Brendan has broken these first 4 matches before the break and is looking to play the %...i expect us to try and go into they're house and play smart possession "tough guy" football and try to nick 3 points while ensuring at least 1.

Playing at home for the next one and should not have issue taking 3 points so worse case he is looking at 10/12 points which would be a great start.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #152: Aug 22, 2015 06:03:13 pm
      This game will be completely different to that one.

I am fully aware of that mate... but the way they set themselves up hasn't changed since that game really..
      As you say they don't like being put under pressure and i've got a feeling they'll put two on Coutinho which will mean Lallana will need to be a bit more alert..
      Skrtel likes scoring against Arsenal doesn't he...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #153: Aug 22, 2015 06:04:57 pm
      Get Benteke to stand on their centre backs, hit balls into him, get runners around him.  Put free kicks into no man's land.  Arsenal have a reputation, for good reason, struggling in those scenarios.

A 13ft centre forward would be pretty easy to pick out, not a bad tactic that if we can get away with it. Not sure the officials are going to allow us an offside goal one week and then to get away with this but essentially you don't get if you don't ask... give it a whirl.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #154: Aug 22, 2015 06:34:46 pm
      A 13ft centre forward would be pretty easy to pick out, not a bad tactic that if we can get away with it. Not sure the officials are going to allow us an offside goal one week and then to get away with this but essentially you don't get if you don't ask... give it a whirl.

Being deliberately obtuse for a reason Luke?   :f_whistle:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #155: Aug 22, 2015 06:57:18 pm
      Being deliberately obtuse for a reason Luke?   :f_whistle:

Just thought would give a funny image of Benteke stood on top of Koscielny's shoulders, nothing more mate :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #156: Aug 22, 2015 07:02:11 pm
      Will be an interesting game I think, I'd love us to get all three points but wouldn't be overly disappointed with a draw from the game.

It's the perfect opportunity to try gain some ground on some of the other teams that are struggling this far to get points on the board.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #157: Aug 22, 2015 08:06:44 pm
      Just thought would give a funny image of Benteke stood on top of Koscielny's shoulders, nothing more mate :D

Not Konsciekny mate Mertsacker is closer to 7 foot.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #158: Aug 22, 2015 08:19:11 pm
      Not Konsciekny mate Mertsacker is closer to 7 foot.

Fair enough mate :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #159: Aug 22, 2015 09:14:12 pm
      After the results today, a win could see us go top, how much of a statement of intent would that be?
      Arsenal don't scare me, of all our rivals they're the team we are closest to in terms of quality ( although the Scum don't look anything special ATM), we need to go there without fear, be strong and take our chances.
      Let's do this!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #160: Aug 22, 2015 09:33:35 pm
      After the results today, a win could see us go top, how much of a statement of intent would that be?

City play before us though so it depends how they do.

Quick Reply