Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23699 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #230: Aug 24, 2015 12:52:43 am
      Pathetic? You sure lad?

Your way isn't logical either and purely based on personal player preference not form or performance at training.

I think that's a lot more pathetic.

Touchy aren't we...

I'm absolutely sure it's pathetic. How's it more pathetic when Sakho is the more consistent performer for us out of the two? My logic? well for me it has nothing to do with player preference, I couldn't give a damn about either of them in that regard, what I am bothered about is who gives us the best chance of coming out of a game 3 points and Sakho wins hands down because if he makes a mistake he doesn't fall to pieces and become an absolute nervous wreck and we also see some communication between our CB pairing when it's him and Skrtel.

You are saying Sakho shouldn't play against them because he played badly against them last time. Well we stuffed 5 past them with their defence having a nightmare of a time but we didn't see them drop players for the next time we met specifically for that reason. I also remember a time Gerrard had an absolute howler of a game against Arsenal and gifted them a goal on a plate with a shoddy back pass, did you call for him to not play the next time we faced them? Of course you didn't. Also when you get beaten 4-1 that suggests that collectively as a team nobody on the pitch can come away with a shroud of dignity so to highlight Sakho specifically as being the one who shouldn't play is a bit daft.

I want the line up that gives us the best possible chance of winning and IMO that means Lovren being nowhere near it. I can see him falling to pieces if Sanchez or anyone else in their attack for that matter targets him. Not to mention the fact that Arsenal have a lot of pace in their attack and Lovren is very slow on the turn which is a worry because Arsenal are a team that look to get in behind the defence, they wont be looking for the lofted ball into the box.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #231: Aug 24, 2015 04:33:50 am
      Rumoured team: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Lucas, Can, Milner; Coutinho, Benteke, Firmino.

Hope that's true!

Yes! Exactly how i would line us up but i thought for sure Lucas wouldn't be available.

Midfield needs numbers if we are to get anything from this one.

EDIT: But Sakho in for Lovren.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #232: Aug 24, 2015 04:35:50 am

He is not going to change his back 4 after 2 clean sheets...no way in hell.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #233: Aug 24, 2015 05:25:33 am
      He is not going to change his back 4 after 2 clean sheets...no way in hell.

Read up two lines and you'll see I say it'd be how I personally would line us up.

I can accept the back four won't be changing and fair enough, too.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #234: Aug 24, 2015 06:31:02 am
      Gone for a 1  1 draw in the Prediction league, but hope that the Reds can prove me wrong and come away with all 3 points.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #235: Aug 24, 2015 08:12:24 am
      I have a funny feeling we might just sneak this game, but it won't be pretty.

I've got the same feeling I have every time we go away to the gooners and unfortunately it's the feeling that we're going to get our pants pulled down. Frickin hate this fixture.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #236: Aug 24, 2015 08:55:17 am
      In was thinking about Moreno in for Ibe and maybe a three at the back, which we almost had at times last week, just to give that extra but of security against Arsenal.

Mignolet

Skrtel Lovren Gomez

Clyne Milner Can Moreno

Lallana Coutinho

Benteke

Like this one very much.
      Strong defence yet also very offensive.
      Would just swap Lovren with Sakho and Lallana with Ibe.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #237: Aug 24, 2015 09:48:20 am
      For me this is the make or break game. We have 2 games where we have got maximum points and been pretty dire, although defence has been solid for a change. If we get beat tonight then its business as usual for us this season, if we don't i will actually be very confident as Everton\Spurs away shouldnt hold to much concern, the chelsea\city games will be a bonus if we get anything. I haven't forgot about the Utd game, but Arsenal are a much better side than Utd - tonight is massive for mental belief as well as maintaining a perfect start (in points).

a draw would be very good indeed, a win would be a dream.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #238: Aug 24, 2015 10:21:22 am
      Wenger has said he has no sympathy for us after we had to sell Suarez and Sterling and it seems it's mainly because we refused to sell Suarez to them. He's such a whiney old c***. It's not as though we need or want his sympathy, he's sold many of their best players in the past few seasons.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #239: Aug 24, 2015 10:23:05 am
      Ok then let's just all be constantly negative about the team and turn this forum into a cesspit of negativity towards the club.

No, thats not what we need. Some of us are constantly negative( with good reason) and some are constantly positive. Yet , its the response's that turn it nasty. Negative posters are always on the defensive, whilst positive posters seem to be on all out attack mode.
      I would say most insults thrown on here are by members who, how should i put this, think they hold the higher moral ground.
      Anyway , it's got to be 4-5-1 tonight, lots of bodies in midfield , with a view to a break if Arsenal give the ball away in midfield. If Rodgers goes with 4-3-3 , to me, means he still,  simply has not learnt how to play with the big boys.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #240: Aug 24, 2015 11:29:27 am
      Will settle for a point now. If we are honest with ourselves then we have been far from impressive in our first two games so if we are going to take anything from tonights game then we have to perform much better.  Arsenal haven't looked great either though and are there for the taking. Its time to see what our boys are made of.  3 points would do wonders for our confidence.

If I was Brendan I would pack both the defence and midfield. My team would be:

Mignolet

Skrtel   Sakho  Lovren
      Clyne                                          Moreno
                  Milner    Lucas   Can

Coutinho

Benteke

Keep it tight. Don't let them play. Hit them on the counter with the pace of Clyne and Moreno. Perhaps win it from a set piece.

I have a bad feeling both Ibe and Lallana will keep their places and we will try and play Arsenal at their own game if you like. If that's the case then I don't see us winning.

Come on reds.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #241: Aug 24, 2015 11:34:56 am
      No, thats not what we need. Some of us are constantly negative( with good reason) and some are constantly positive. Yet , its the response's that turn it nasty. Negative posters are always on the defensive, whilst positive posters seem to be on all out attack mode.
      I would say most insults thrown on here are by members who, how should i put this, think they hold the higher moral ground.
      Anyway , it's got to be 4-5-1 tonight, lots of bodies in midfield , with a view to a break if Arsenal give the ball away in midfield. If Rodgers goes with 4-3-3 , to me, means he still,  simply has not learnt how to play with the big boys.

Found your profile on facebook dude. Hope you don't mind me posting your pic.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #242: Aug 24, 2015 11:37:23 am
      this is rumoured team.

-------------- Mings ----------------
      Clyne - Skrtel - Lovren - Gomez
      --------- Lucas ---------------------
      Can - Milner - Coutinho - Firmino
      ----------- Benteke --------------

Formation mibees change but think thats what they are on about.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #243: Aug 24, 2015 11:42:08 am
      Gomez will struggle playing LB tonight I feel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #244: Aug 24, 2015 11:51:54 am
      3 points tonight will be a huge boost both to our season and to the team. Can't see us scoring many so hopefully our defence does its job well. Hoping for 2-1 with Benteke and Firmino getting our goals.

I think Arsenal may be there for the taking if we can get the all important first goal.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #245: Aug 24, 2015 11:58:44 am

I think Benteke will be the key to getting anything from tonights game, if he feels like really bullying the Arsenal defence andwe can get the supply into him, I think they'll get rattled and fold like a house of cards.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #246: Aug 24, 2015 12:00:28 pm

I don't understand how anyone can only be constantly negative or constantly positive. A well rounded debate should never be based on two completely opposing spectrums 100% positive vs 100% negative as there will be no willingness on either side to ever see perspective.

So if all your posts are in the 100% negative spectrum, which your's appear to be, no one will want to debate with you as it will seem pointless. Coming out with statements that suggest you think a player is 100% sh*t does not give any room for debate and will only yield a reactionary response hence the insults.

Try to be just a little positive it will help you see perspective and equip you much better for debate.

As for tonight's game I agree we should pack the midfield but I fear Benteke will be left isolated if our midfielders are too deep.

If we play with a very high intensity then 4-3-3 will work but it will require a big effort from out midfielders to both contain Arsenal and feed the ball quickly to our forwards.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #247: Aug 24, 2015 12:04:43 pm
      Gomez will struggle playing LB tonight I feel.

No more than Moreno will so it's six in one really.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #248: Aug 24, 2015 12:11:16 pm
      It's a shame if Lallana and Henderson are both injured and out of the game as is being rumoured

Time for others, Firmino among them, to step up and take their chances
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #249: Aug 24, 2015 12:14:37 pm
      For me I'd like to see

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #250: Aug 24, 2015 12:23:38 pm

Found your profile on facebook dude. Hope you don't mind me posting your pic.

My eyes are dazzling aren't they?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #251: Aug 24, 2015 12:27:33 pm

Just one in goal?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #252: Aug 24, 2015 12:31:54 pm

That's gona leave us wide open.

Quick Reply