Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 23678 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #92: Aug 21, 2015 11:29:12 pm
      It's not going to be an easy game and we will get our first proper test of the season but also it's not a game where we should be going into thinking a win is out fo the question.

I think the boss will go more or less same again and try and keep things tight and knick something on the break.

Mignolet

Clyne   Skrtel  Lovren  Gomez

Can     Milner

Lallana     Coutinho     Ibe

Benteke

That's what I expect if Hendo doesn't make it with Ibe playing wide again and also maybe sitting a little deeper to help Gomez.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #93: Aug 21, 2015 11:37:56 pm
      It's not going to be an easy game and we will get our first proper test of the season but also it's not a game where we should be going into thinking a win is out fo the question.

I think the boss will go more or less same again and try and keep things tight and knick something on the break.

Mignolet

Can     Milner

Benteke

That's what I expect if Hendo doesn't make it with Ibe playing wide again and also maybe sitting a little deeper to help Gomez.

You might be right
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #94: Aug 21, 2015 11:38:36 pm

Mignolet

Can     Milner

Benteke

I like that Si...though I cannot disagree with some that see Moreno in for Ibe....it would be more help defensively and I believe not much of a loss on the attack as both players are lighting quick.

Pretty soon unless there is some kind of dramatic change Ibe is going to need to sit, not only for the good of the club but for his own self confidence....He has been a bit found out and teams are scheming for him and its working.

IMO Ibe would do much better if he could have the pressure taken off by starting some early cups and europa.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #95: Aug 21, 2015 11:38:58 pm
      With the help of a 16 year old DM too!!!

Reece Oxford looked pretty damn good in that game too!
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #96: Aug 21, 2015 11:41:20 pm
      Henderson has no impact on our team? 6 league goals (7 in total) and 10 league assists (15 in total) last season say otherwise. That's a bigger contribution than Coutinho made goals assists wise and only had 1 less goal yet you think Henderson doesn't have an impact. If you don't think we're going to click then you must think the same about Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United but obviously that isn't the case as you're just being a negative arse yet again.

Mate, do you watch Henderson play? He is an average player at best. He goes missing in so many games, it is embarrasing that he is LFC Captain. He is a symptom of the rot that has held us back for many seasons. I am trying my best to be upbeat but, so far, i have seen nothing in our play to convince me. That is why i think a bore draw is actually a step forward for us at the Emirates.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #97: Aug 21, 2015 11:47:39 pm

Possibly.

Also possible it has a ring of truth to some fans. I certainly know fans who hold all three of those opinions.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #98: Aug 21, 2015 11:52:20 pm

:-*
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #99: Aug 21, 2015 11:52:44 pm
      Mate, do you watch Henderson play? He is an average player at best. He goes missing in so many games, it is embarrasing that he is LFC Captain. He is a symptom of the rot that has held us back for many seasons. I am trying my best to be upbeat but, so far, i have seen nothing in our play to convince me. That is why i think a bore draw is actually a step forward for us at the Emirates.

You're actually asking if I watch him play after you say he has absolutely no impact on our team? He goes missing in some games but he still contributes goals, assists and a lot of hard work into the middle of the pitch. What do you think will be the top four if we're not clicking though? There are teams who finished higher than us who haven't clicked properly either. West Ham? Leicester? Norwich?
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #100: Aug 21, 2015 11:58:19 pm

That could be called a 9 point sandwich. A Norwich with West Ham and Leicester sauce!!!

...I'm hungry.. ;D
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #101: Aug 22, 2015 05:41:20 am

Can't make this sh*t up. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though.

Moving on. This game will be won or lost in the midfield. Really hoping Brendan goes with the 3-man midfield. More and more I just think it's the best way to counter their play tactically - especially given the way that Lallana and Ibe really haven't added much value to the team over the first two games. Think a physical setup would also help us out a lot and that Can would really thrive in this match, especially up against Ozil and Cazorla.

Regardless, their squad is really not that special, I think 3 points is certainly achievable here with the right setup of our team. Of all the top teams we could play against in our first "big" game of the season, I think this is the best fixture we could start with. Not to be underestimated, but thinking we'll come away with the win.

Setup I'd like to see is:

Mignolet
      Clyne Skrtel Lovren Gomez
      Can
      Milner Hendo
      Coutinho
      Firmino Benteke

If Hendo is out, then sub Lallana (honestly I'd prefer to see Moreno there if Hendo's out, but that just won't happen) in that position for him. Formation can be switched between the diamond (with all 4 CM's pinched centrally) and the 4-2-3-1 with Can and one of Milner/Hendo holding while the other 3 AM's are supporting Benteke.

As for those saying it may be too soon to play Firmino/he hasn't impressed just yet, I disagree for a couple reasons:

1) Lallana and Ibe really haven't offered much in the first two games. Understandably, it's very early, but we came away with two victories, and surely Firmino will be able to add at least the same amount of value.

2) He's a 29m-rated, highly-touted, internationally-renowned, top player. He'll be able to be successful walking into our squad if played in his proper position - which I think he should almost be treated the same way we treated Suarez, kind of a striker/creative type that's given license to float around and get into positions and setup the others. I for one can't wait to see him play a full 90.

Regardless of the lineup or the situation, I think whatever 11 players are out there on Monday will be capable of putting up a strong fight against this Arsenal team. Need to demonstrate confidence, while being cautious still, and go out and grab the game by the horns and just control the tempo of the game. If we can do that, we'll walk away with at least a point, but I think 3 is certainly possible.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Aug 22, 2015 06:21:24 am
      Got to say, Henderson is a really poor player , who, has no impact on our team this season.(

You can say it, you're wrong by the way, but you can say it.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #103: Aug 22, 2015 06:34:04 am
      Possibly.

Also possible it has a ring of truth to some fans. I certainly know fans who hold all three of those opinions.

Yes but do they post on this board trolling every thread saying the exact same thing day in and day out?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #104: Aug 22, 2015 07:43:15 am
      Got to say, Henderson is a really poor player , who, has no impact on our team this season.( albeit only two games in)  While Milner is a decent and solid performer, he was still just a bit part player at City, and no replacement for Steven Gerrard.
      We have shown nothing  this season , to suggest that this team is gona kick on and click.
      Howe er, you never know.

Tell us then Little sh*te face, what is it that you actually like about Liverpool FC,

Cos every week, every game almost every day you come on here and tell us we're playing sh*te, have sh*te players,  we have a sh*te manager, with sh*te tactical ability,  who can't pick a winning side whether we're playing sh*te or shittier, 

Every f***in post you send is negative, and of course full of sh*te,

Go on fella tell us all exactly what you think would be a good and positive idea of winning on Monday,  show us your X1, and tell us the tactics you would employ so we won't get 'twatted' at the Emirates, 

f***in can't wait for this!

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #105: Aug 22, 2015 08:44:38 am
      You check my record, I'm one who is always believing in the team but for this one I think it will be difficult for us. If we come out of it with any points it will be brilliant. I'm not confident enough that we have found out feet, neither them to be honest.

I hope Liverpool prove me completely wrong.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #106: Aug 22, 2015 09:24:45 am
      You're actually asking if I watch him play after you say he has absolutely no impact on our team? He goes missing in some games but he still contributes goals, assists and a lot of hard work into the middle of the pitch. What do you think will be the top four if we're not clicking though? There are teams who finished higher than us who haven't clicked properly either. West Ham? Leicester? Norwich?

I think the top four will be
      man city
      chelsea arsenal
      man utd
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #107: Aug 22, 2015 09:27:01 am
      You can say it, you're wrong by the way, but you can say it.

Could you imagine city, arsenal , chelsea or man utd making a bid for henderson?
      There is a reason for that.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #108: Aug 22, 2015 09:29:38 am
      Yes but do they post on this board trolling every thread saying the exact same thing day in and day out?

Giving an opinion that does not fit with your train of thought, is not trolling.It is just a different opinion. No more, no less.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #109: Aug 22, 2015 09:30:37 am
      Could you imagine city, arsenal , chelsea or man utd making a bid for henderson?
      United made a bid a for Fellaini and signed him too.

Enough said.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #110: Aug 22, 2015 09:37:13 am

He's our captain and he's not for sale.  That's why, you deluded Sub-bridge dweller.  Henderson would fit in at all those clubs though.  How we fell apart last Monday, after he went off, shows he influence on the team.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #111: Aug 22, 2015 09:41:42 am

Tell us then Little sh*te face, what is it that you actually like about Liverpool FC,

Cos every week, every game almost every day you come on here and tell us we're playing sh*te, have sh*te players,  we have a sh*te manager, with sh*te tactical ability,  who can't pick a winning side whether we're playing sh*te or shittier, 

Every F**kin post you send is negative, and of course full of sh*te,

Go on fella tell us all exactly what you think would be a good and positive idea of winning on Monday,  show us your X1, and tell us the tactics you would employ so we won't get 'twatted' at the Emirates, 

F**kin can't wait for this!

YNWA

mignolet
          skyrtel
          lovren
          gomez
          clyne
          coutinhou
          milner
          can
          lallana
          firminiho
         benteke
       4-5-1

park the bus and hope for a break. or set piece. Which, by the way, we are useless at.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #112: Aug 22, 2015 09:43:27 am
      United made a bid a for Fellaini and signed him too.

Enough said.

Yes, but not Henderson.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #113: Aug 22, 2015 09:45:37 am
      Get Benteke to stand on their centre backs, hit balls into him, get runners around him.  Put free kicks into no man's land.  Arsenal have a reputation, for good reason, struggling in those scenarios.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #114: Aug 22, 2015 09:46:24 am
      He's our captain and he's not for sale.  That's why, you deluded Sub-bridge dweller.  Henderson would fit in at all those clubs though.  How we fell apart last Monday, after he went off, shows he influence on the team.

Gerrard was our captain and not for sale, Chelsea came in for him though, didn't they?
      By the way, i do actually live next to a bridge, weird or what?
      Oh yeh, we really missed his stray passing after he went off didn't we? I'm sure Barca & Real are just waiting to pounce.

Quick Reply